http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 04:10:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions on pay download sites  (Read 830 times)
happydog
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2005, 07:53:39 PM »

I have always used the public download servers when downloading demos and whatnot. But today I thought, why not get it faster? So what is everyones experience with the various "for pay" download sites (i.e. Fileplanet, 3dgamers/ign)? Any recommendations for or against any of them?

LiveTAG: happydog
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 09:06:41 PM »

I currently use Fileshack, it's a great low key service.  The speeds are great, however their selection of files is lacking, they're usually on top of the big name file releases, but they're definitely not fileplanet.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 09:32:43 PM »

Iditto what he said about Fileshack. Fantastic service.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 09:35:51 PM »

Pff, Filefront's public servers are mighty fast for me.  The only reason I'd subscribe to a system like Fileshack, Gamespot, or Fileplanet is for exclusives.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 01:11:25 AM »

I use Fileplanet

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 02:13:00 AM »

I had a Gamespot complete subscription for years and loved their download service.  Now I can't find a fucking thing on their site since their redesign so I cancelled my subscription.  Avoid them.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 05:20:56 AM »

Fileplanet and been very happy with it. There are plenty of highly sought early beta entry's. New game trailers appear regularly (which I'm most interested in). Downloads are fast, and of course no waiting. Full IGN access (didn't even use this until recently). Good E3 video coverage when that rolls around. And, even though I hardly use this either, no wait downloads from 3DGamers; This particularly came in handy when Fileplanet wasn't able to make the BF2 demo live on the first day but 3DGamers had it for download - they noted it in the Founders Club and off I went to 3DGamers and downloaded it without waiting.

I also feel the price is very reasonable for what I get from it although I know everyone knocks it for whatever reason. It's a good service that delivers for the price in my opinion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: