http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 02:16:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: on finishing 'link to the past'...  (Read 794 times)
semiconscious
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2006, 03:34:17 AM »

waaay late to the dance...

having that gameboy slot in the ds sit empty didn't seem right to me when i bought it last november, & there was only one game that came to mind as the perfect choice for 'back-up', a game i'd never put more than a couple hours into, 'link to the past'. & now here i am, almost a year later, ganon finally defeated, the triforce finally acquired...

if you haven't played lttp, & you have a ds, i can't recommend it highly enough. the game holds up incredibly well - very satisfactory graphics/music, nicely done story, amazingly diabolical dungeons, & a huge number of side-quests & secrets. so glad i finally took the trip (i found a guide on ebay, btw - did anyone actually get through this game without resorting to a guide/walkthru? if so, i bow down before you)...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 03:44:15 AM »

Quote from: semiconscious on October 18, 2006, 03:34:17 AM

waaay late to the dance...

having that gameboy slot in the ds sit empty didn't seem right to me when i bought it last november, & there was only one game that came to mind as the perfect choice for 'back-up', a game i'd never put more than a couple hours into, 'link to the past'. & now here i am, almost a year later, ganon finally defeated, the triforce finally acquired...

if you haven't played lttp, & you have a ds, i can't recommend it highly enough. the game holds up incredibly well - very satisfactory graphics/music, nicely done story, amazingly diabolical dungeons, & a huge number of side-quests & secrets. so glad i finally took the trip (i found a guide on ebay, btw - did anyone actually get through this game without resorting to a guide/walkthru? if so, i bow down before you)...

Waaaay back when I first got the SNES I borrowed this game from a friend and beat it in 3 days.  That was with going to school.  Basically, I would come home play, eat dinner, play sleep repeat.  It was awesome!  I miss gaming experiences like that!  I didnt use the strat guide... I am against strat guides for the most part.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 05:29:21 AM »

i played it on my GBA last year...and finished it...and yes,of course i used a guide,LOL

great game though

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 12:02:42 PM »

IIRC, I played this on a dorm mate's SNES back in the day, and he walked me though all sections when I got stuck. I think HE didn't use a guide however.

Everyone really should play this if they haven't. It's one of the best games ever made.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 06:39:22 PM »

I've played and replayed Link to the Past more than any other single-player-only game I've every played. Period.

It's one of the few titles I actually cast off my humility for and am willing to brag about my achievements with (the other big one being Super Metroid).  icon_biggrin  I found every heart piece on my own, beat it umpteen million ways (every challenge I could think of for myself), even played through it one afternoon/evening to get the perfect-0 finish.  icon_wink

I LOVE this game.  Anyone who hasn't played it, needs to.  Best Zelda game ever made, in my opinion.  Ocarina of Time came close, though.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 06:49:37 PM »

Quote from: JCC on October 18, 2006, 12:02:42 PM

Everyone really should play this if they haven't. It's one of the best games ever made.

+1

Amen to this and everything Farscry said. I loved Link to the Past and continue to unabashedly love every second of it. Best Zelda I've ever played.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 12:25:36 AM »

hands down probably the best Zelda ever made. I completed it sans guide, as did my best friend, however another friend of mine got it and would keep calling us when he'd get stuck, and it's not like I could remember, so we both told to him to suck it up and stop calling...

Loved the game though, holds up really well.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 12:27:38 AM »

Hmmm, may be time to buy this for the GBA and play through it again.  It is seriously one of the best of all time and I could replay it many many many times without getting bored.  It would get me even more pumped up for Zelda:tTP.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: