http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 07:32:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Sierra Adventure Games  (Read 1861 times)
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2005, 04:55:46 PM »

According to Amazon.com, on October 11, 2005 Vivendi will be releasing  the Leisure Suit Larry, King's Quest, Space Quest, and Police Quest games.  Each series will be in it's own compilation and will be priced at $19.99.  They will be Windows XP compatable.  Unfortunately there is no mention of the Quest For Glory games.

Here is the link if you want to check it out for yourself.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/store-name%3Dvideogames%26index%3Dvideogames%26search-type%3Dss%26field-manufacturer%3DVivendi%20Universal%20Interactive%20Publishing/103-2289939-8330261

Sorry if this is old news, I just heard about it today.

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 06:43:08 PM »

Okay, now that's very cool. Such classic titles.

But as you said, there's no Quest for Glory. Why the heck not? Short of Space Quest, the QfG games were the best of the best IMHO.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 06:56:41 PM »

Happy day!  biggrin

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 07:46:29 PM »

I'm waiting for XP emulated LucasArts games. Day of the Tentacle! Sam and Max! Monkey Island! Full Throttle! The Dig! Fate of Atlantis! Good God, Grim Fandango!!!

Still loved Space Quest though.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 07:51:26 PM »

Dafones,

If you have the old games already,  look up SCUMMVM.  It's a decent emulator that supports most of those old Lucasarts games.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 07:56:54 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... I may actually crack under pressure, and buy all of these.

That said, I also support the "Where the *bleep* is Quest for Glory?" line of thought.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
mirage775

More than Meets the Eye!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 09:51:49 PM »

I still have the original DOS Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Disc World 1 & 2, Full Throttle, Sam & Max and a 5 set of Lucas Arts Classics, which have like Maniac Mansion, an Indiana Jones games, Monkey Island, etc.  The last time I DL'ed an emulator, it screwed up my pc...  :cry:

Xbox LIVE: Mirage775
Steam: Mirage775
mirage775

More than Meets the Eye!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 09:57:26 PM »

This is the Lucas Art set I have, it's like 90 bucks now and I have everything with mine too:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007ZM18C/qid=1125957241/sr=8-7/ref=pd_bbs_unbuck_7/103-7039716-1432625?v=glance&s=videogames&n=229534

Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 12:21:23 AM »

Dude, I still have an old Win95/Dos rig kept solely on the off chance that I may want to play an old LucasArts game. As far as the games go, I think I still have:

Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Fate of Atlantis
Monkey Island 1-4
Grim Fandango

(Escape for Monkey Island and Grim Fandango won't play on the old comp, I know.)

I wish I had a copy of The Dig still. Looking back, it's not nearly as good a game as I remember (solely because the "world" you explore is so ridiculously nonsensical and Myst-like), but damned if it isn't still a haunting experience.

And by the way, I still think Day of the Tentacle is the most brilliant adventure game ever created. It's a cognitive masterpiece.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
mirage775

More than Meets the Eye!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 02:10:05 AM »

I had Fate of Atlantis and let a friend borrow it in like 1995 and his pc died, with the disc still in the drive and his moron dad threw it away....  I hate that man, I loved that game!!!!  LOL, I said I hate, I edited it to say "had", sorry...

Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 03:47:57 AM »

Is that October 11 release date accurate? I'm so getting all of those.

Let me add yet another: "Where the hell is Quest for Glory?!"  I still haven't managed to beat #4 with the mage class (stupid glitch right at the end.)

Oh man, I can't wait.

BTW, Grim Fandango isn't a DOS game is it? I have it for windows and it works fine on XP.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 04:10:17 AM »

No, it's not. Neither is Escape from Monkey Island. I had to include them both though.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005, 08:05:59 PM »

I'll definitely be getting the King's Quest collection... I've got the previous KQ set they offered, but it doesn't play nicely at all with WinXP.

Where's the Gabriel Knight collection??
warning

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 08:50:51 PM »

I had a specially packaged set of Gabriel Knight 1 & 2 that I sold for a small fortune on Ebay a couple years ago.  I wish I'd hung onto it.  All the stuff going on in New Orleans makes me want to play GK1 again.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 08:55:21 PM »

I think I still have all 3 Gabriel Knights (I think the last two are vastly underrated).  I have all the Space Quest games, all but the last King's Quest game and all the Leisure Suit Larry games.  I don't own any of the Quest for Glory games though, although I wish I would have picked them up.

I second the wish for LucasArts to re-release their adventure games.  I never got Loom on CD, but I have it on disk.  Outside of that I believe I have everything on CD.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 10:38:37 PM »

I wish LucasArts would release all of their games  on CD also.  I have all the Sierra games in boxes and I managed to find all but Quest For Glory II for download on the web so I can play them using DOSBox.  I haven't been able to track down any old LucasArts games that I own unfortunately frown

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2005, 01:10:09 AM »

Quote from: "warning"
I had a specially packaged set of Gabriel Knight 1 & 2 that I sold for a small fortune on Ebay a couple years ago...

How much? I've got it in a box in my storage locker - if you mean the one with the double length, blended cover art, and nonsense like Sins of the Father: the Novel included in it.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
GuildBoss
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 03:15:55 PM »

I've been looking for an old school adventure for my son and stumbled upon this great little site. I ended up grabbing King's Quest VGA which appears to be a remake by some fans of the original.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 03:20:57 PM »

Actually, I think that was an actual release.  I know for sure that Sierra re-did Space Quest I, Leisure Suit Larry I and I think Quest for Glory I in VGA, so I wouldn't be surprised that they did it for King's Quest I either.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
warning

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 03:21:13 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
I had a specially packaged set of Gabriel Knight 1 & 2 that I sold for a small fortune on Ebay a couple years ago...

How much? I've got it in a box in my storage locker - if you mean the one with the double length, blended cover art, and nonsense like Sins of the Father: the Novel included in it.

Yeah that's the one.  I think it sold for $80-100 if I remember correctly.  It was probably 2002 or so.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005, 03:39:58 PM »

I had a specially packaged set of Gabriel Knight 1 & 2 that I sold for a small fortune on Ebay a couple years ago..

Reaaaaallly... hmm.  I have that set, it just doesn't run well on XP.  I'll have to check out what they're going for on eBay - might be worth it smile

Edit:  Doesn't look like it's going for that much these days... $30 for a new copy.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2005, 01:03:54 AM »

Hmph, so warning lucked out. Jerkass.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
warning

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2005, 02:01:29 AM »

Quote from: "Dafones"