http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 11:25:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok so when is the danged launch list going to be released???  (Read 1392 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2005, 12:58:31 PM »

I've been very very very patient.   I've been keeping my mouth shut.    We are now inside a month and I've seen no official launch list from M$, and it's ticking me off.

I just watched the newly released Gears of War trailer last night, and was disappointed to see '2006' on the end of it.     Great.   Another title they have been pimping slips to next year.     Is there going to be any GAMES out for this damned box for me to actually PLAY on Christmas day?

Or am I going to have to thank my wife and then stick the damn thing on the shelf for six months?   Right about now I'd like to slap that bald m'fer on his head.    :x
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 03:28:45 PM »

Gears of War was never announced as a launch title. I know it looks a-frickin'-mazing though; I'm chomping at the bit for it.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 03:56:23 PM »

KEep in mind that they're pushing Live Arcade heavily.  I'm thinking that it will take up some of the slack of games not being out yet for the system.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 04:03:29 PM »

If they think Live Arcade is a suitable replacement for launch games, then they have lost their minds.

I'm pretty sure people aren't buying the system on launch day to play Bejeweled.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 04:08:25 PM »

Yeah, I'm a little annoyed at the games that have been slipping.  Not for myself, because I'm pretty convinced that my two preorders (Kameo and PDZ) will be there even though they had to remove some features to get them done  :? ), but for others who had really been looking to games like Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter and Oblivion - although that hasn't been confirmed to be slipping yet and if so shouldn't be too much of a slip hopefully.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 04:35:41 PM »

Check out the new Thread on MS's list according to their site :

[Xbox360]November Launch Title List

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 05:31:27 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
Check out the new Thread on MS's list according to their site :

[Xbox360]November Launch Title List

That does'nt help!   Sounds like the list is inaccurate and keeps being shifted and taken down by Microsoft.    

I wish they'd just freakin announce something.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 08:07:05 PM »

Yes. Its time to know. Release is in 3 weeksish.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 01:17:16 AM »

Yes, it's time... it's beyond time!  I love all the consoles, really - and when you have all the systems, then it really is all about the games!  But my XBox fan-ism is being strained waiting to find out what I'll be playing on Nov. 22!

I say enough!  Villagers, unite!  Burn something down!

I thought that would help, but it didn't.   :shock:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 01:58:49 AM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
Yes, it's time... it's beyond time!  I love all the consoles, really - and when you have all the systems, then it really is all about the games!  But my XBox fan-ism is being strained waiting to find out what I'll be playing on Nov. 22!

I say enough!  Villagers, unite!  Burn something down!

I thought that would help, but it didn't.   :shock:

Yes release the list already and to think my stupid gamcrazy called me last friday to remind me to pre-order any games I want  for launch yea but what games will be launch titles?

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 09:11:31 PM »

Yeah, at this point it's almost become laughable that they can't let us know what the hell will be out with the system on November 22nd.

I am crossing my fingers for Oblivion....but it's looking more and more that they just were not able to get it done in time, which is a shame and will cost them a ton of money.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 12:26:39 AM »

Why would it cost them money? I'm pretty sure it's going to be huge.

And your not paying for any games, but for 'living entertainment experience powered by human energy [that] revolves around you and makes you at the center of your experience'

http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 12:29:58 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
Yeah, at this point it's almost become laughable that they can't let us know what the hell will be out with the system on November 22nd.

Agreed - I'm not grabbing one, but I'm interested in knowing what's gonna come out and anxious to see what impressions I'll be reading come 11/22.

TheMissingLink on PSN
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 01:00:32 PM »

I am grabbing one since if I don't get it this fall, I probably won't until 2008.  So I am getting kind of anxious at this point to find out if I'll be playing anything on it aside from Halo2!

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 01:13:18 PM »

Quote from: "JayG"

It will cost them money by losing sales from all the launch day adopters of the system. They might be college kids or high school kids with not a lot of money, but have enough for the system and maybe one or two games. Oblivion isn't there....so they go for things that ARE there, like Madden or Kameo or whatever.

They will also miss the day after Thanksgiving, which is the biggest shopping day of the year. So, people that are going to buy Christmas gifts for the said people, will be looking for Oblivion, but it will be nowhere to be found...so they will go with games that ARE there. More lost sales.

So, if the December 6th date is to be believed, then yes it will still sell to the hardcore gamers and people with lots of disposable income....but the casuals will be lost and so will the gamers with limited game money.

Will it still make lots of money, probabily....but it could have made lots more if it was released at launch, like they were shooting for.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 06:53:40 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
Quote from: "JayG"

It will cost them money by losing sales from all the launch day adopters of the system. They might be college kids or high school kids with not a lot of money, but have enough for the system and maybe one or two games. Oblivion isn't there....so they go for things that ARE there, like Madden or Kameo or whatever.

They will also miss the day after Thanksgiving, which is the biggest shopping day of the year. So, people that are going to buy Christmas gifts for the said people, will be looking for Oblivion, but it will be nowhere to be found...so they will go with games that ARE there. More lost sales.

So, if the December 6th date is to be believed, then yes it will still sell to the hardcore gamers and people with lots of disposable income....but the casuals will be lost and so will the gamers with limited game money.

Will it still make lots of money, probabily....but it could have made lots more if it was released at launch, like they were shooting for.

Personally, I think that Oblivion isn't going to be one of those games that are going to have mass market appeal.  Either people are going to buy it when it comes out right away, or they are going to wait for a price drop.  It's not an impulse purchase.  Either people are going to be very gung ho for this game, or they couldn't care less.  I don't believe that the release date will make THAT much of a difference.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 09:37:45 AM »

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61443

Eurogamer has learned that the website for USK, Germany's videogame ratings board, is displaying a list of all the Xbox 360 titles it's been testing since the end of August.

While developers can submit betas for testing, they must have exactly the same content as the final version - which means the list gives us a pretty good idea of which games are completed or very near to completion. And therefore, of course, which games are likely to launch alongside the 360 when it hits Europe on December 2.

Good news for Kameo fans, first of all: Rare's ace-looking action adventure was submitted for testing all the way back on August 15, so it's bound to be ready for launch. As is Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, Ridge Racer, NHL 2K6 and NBA 2K6 - all of which were tested in September.

Then on October 4, USK tested Project Gotham Racing 3 - so it looks like Bizarre's latest racer will be here on launch day, despite whatever rumours you might have heard to the contrary. It's likely to be joined by Peter Jackson's King Kong, Call of Duty 2 and GUN - all done and dusted by the middle of October.

Final Fantasy XI was tested on October 21, and this week they've been busy with FIFA 2006 and Dead or Alive 4.

In addition, a whole bundle of Xbox Live Arcade games have been tested, including Bejewelled, Zuma, Hearts and Hexic, the Alexey Pajitnov-created puzzler that will come pre-installed on the Xbox 360 hard drive.

But there's one title that's conspicuous by its absence: Rare's much-hyped shooter, Perfect Dark Zero. Could this mean that PD0 won't be finished in time for launch? Or are they just cutting it a bit fine?

Who can say? All we know is we'll be keeping a close eye on the USK website for as long as it's still publishing such interesting dates...

Hexic
Kameo
NHL 2K6
NBA 2K6
Ridge Racer
Kiosk Demo Disc
Project Gotham Racing 3
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Mutant Storm Reloaded
Spades
Hearts
Marble Blast 2