http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 09:16:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok...so what does the 1 million units at launch day mean?  (Read 1034 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2005, 07:57:56 PM »

As I've stated here before -- when I preordered several weeks ago I was on my store's second shipment list.     Now we get the news that Sony will deliver 1 million on launch day -- when they originally planned to have 1 million by the end of March.

What does this really mean for us?    Is there a chance I'll get my preorder on launch day now?
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 08:11:45 PM »

Lord knows....

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 08:20:24 PM »

Quote from: "msduncan"
What does this really mean for us?    Is there a chance I'll get my preorder on launch day now?

Probably depends on how many copies your store orders.  Maybe Sony allowed them more copies and you are now on the initial shipment.  Best thing to do is check with your store and see if you've been bumped up or not.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 08:27:51 PM »

The local store is being VERY tight lipped.   I'll drop by next week and ask them though just to see.

In any case -- Sony is insisting that they will ship 3 million by end of march.   So at the very least I'll have it within a week or so.

I hope I'm on the first shipment though.   I *need* that Spiderman 2 movie.

smile
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 09:44:03 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"

Probably depends on how many copies your store orders.  Maybe Sony allowed them more copies and you are now on the initial shipment.  Best thing to do is check with your store and see if you've been bumped up or not.

Yeah, its still going to be store dependent.  The additional units could mean that stores that don't heavily traffic in pre-orders like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc may have more available for walk-ins but the smaller chain stores may still be limited what they get in their first shipment.  The store is unlikely to guarantee which "shipment" you'll be in until they can confirm their shipping numbers.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 09:58:58 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

Yeah, its still going to be store dependent.  The additional units could mean that stores that don't heavily traffic in pre-orders like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc may have more available for walk-ins but the smaller chain stores may still be limited what they get in their first shipment.  The store is unlikely to guarantee which "shipment" you'll be in until they can confirm their shipping numbers.

When do they get their shipping numbers?
And if I were to find one at a 'walk-in' store on the day of launch, could I cancel my preorder with Ebgames without penalty?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 11:06:26 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

When do they get their shipping numbers?
And if I were to find one at a 'walk-in' store on the day of launch, could I cancel my preorder with Ebgames without penalty?

I would think most stores would know their shipping numbers within a week of launch.

As for cancelling a preorder, unless its different for the PSP, I've always been able to cancel preorders without any penalty.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 02:22:47 AM »

You may be in luck msduncan! smile

Check this out, from the IGN PSP forum:

So I was down at my local EB today buying Robots for the DS (I'm desparate, please help me...), and I was asking about the PSP (I just finished paying off my pre-order last week). He said they were told to cut of pre-orders a couple of weeks ago (not just saying "2nd or 3rd shipment", but cutting them off completely). Then, he said they had a conference call a couple of days ago, and they were told to open them again. They still can't guarantee 1st shipment, but he said it was a good sign. Apparently, EB was able to secure more PSPs from Sony than they originally thought. And I'm sure GS, Best Buy, etc. are in the same boat. So, it looks like Sony is going to make the 1 million for launch.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
RamPanther
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 03:26:37 AM »

All I know is that I better get my copy of Spider-Man 2 with the system. The guy at EB said I was guaranteed a copy, buy I don't know how EB is tracking where that promotional cutoff line is located.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: