http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 09:16:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok, Im excited now for the Wii  (Read 2075 times)
HankRaptor
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2006, 03:04:06 PM »

After watching the E3 video, Its really cool where they are taking it. Im glad that they are taking it a entirely new direction. They know how to survive and its not to compete with the high end systems. WIth the Ps3 costing a minimum of 750$ to get in with a game and another controller... This will be awesome at 200-250$... It will be a great compliment to my other systems.

But man, its clear they are NOT focused on graphix by the video... watching the golf/tennis/ping-pong they look like NES biggrin

Did I miss something or is the new Zelda for the Wii? or just playable through the Wii....

My kids will LOVE this.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 03:06:57 PM »

IN!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 03:10:50 PM »

The new Zelda will be released simultaneously for the GameCube and for the Wii.  The Wii version will take advantage of the new controller's abilities.  The GC version I assume will play just like Wind Waker did.

I think it was brilliant for them to release the (still crappy) name before E3.  That way the venting began to run its course and then they follow-up with a great E3 presentation that was relatively brief and full of fun looking games.  My wife watched part of their conference and now she wants one as do my sons.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 05:08:00 PM »

there are actually going to be 2 versions of zelda? i thought it was just one out for gamecube but that would be functional with the wii (controller stuff included)
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 05:17:31 PM »

Quote from: "Doopri"
there are actually going to be 2 versions of zelda? i thought it was just one out for gamecube but that would be functional with the wii (controller stuff included)

Their PR states that there will be two different games - one for the Gamecube, one for the Wii. Not both versions on one disc or something.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 06:07:16 PM »

I'm guessing the GC format disks may not be able to hold all of the data.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 06:49:34 PM »

woah,does that mean twilight princess is gonna be held back yet again???

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 06:52:41 PM »

Quote from: "metallicorphan"

No, it's coming out on the Wii launch day.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 07:10:41 PM »

I have to say: I can't think of a better launch title the Wii could possibly have.  Mario is popular and many gamers love Samus Aran, but The Legend of Zelda has an incredible mainstream appeal which falls squarely into the category of "System Seller."

Under these circumstances, I'm surprised that Nintendo would persist in releasing a GameCube version of Twilight Princess.  Making that game a Wii-only release would be huge considering the existing excitement over the game....

-Autistic Angel
warning

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 07:29:23 PM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"
I have to say: I can't think of a better launch title the Wii could possibly have.  Mario is popular and many gamers love Samus Aran, but The Legend of Zelda has an incredible mainstream appeal which falls squarely into the category of "System Seller."

Under these circumstances, I'm surprised that Nintendo would persist in releasing a GameCube version of Twilight Princess.  Making that game a Wii-only release would be huge considering the existing excitement over the game....

-Autistic Angel

Yeah but since it was supposed to be released last fall for the Gamecube... well they'd piss off a lot of fans if they made it Wii exclusive.  Props to them for keeping their word (sort of).
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 07:30:25 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
IN!

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

WTF?  Is it snowing outside?  Did the Islanders make the playoffs and are now advancing to the second round?  Did I just get a phone call from Rose McGowen and Alyssa Milano and Holly Marie Combs asking me out on a date - all at once?

Devil IN on a Nintendo system?

Please someone slap me.  Maybe I'm not really at work and I'm just dreaming all this.  The time-space continuum has definitely been altered.

Tongue  :wink:

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 07:58:15 PM »

I think he's getting it cause he's worried if he doesn't Nintendo may not make money.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 08:08:07 PM »

I'm unpredictable!! I'm like the wind, Baby!!  :wink:

I'm just hoping that Nintendo comes through on the potential of the Wii and not blow smoke like with the DS (that's a different thread).

No crap. Use the technology!!
I want to see more than the first batch of games using the controller!! No excuses!!

I don't want the only difference in Twilight Princess to be that you use the controller to 'whip' the save button on the Wii where in the GC version you just hit "A"!!

No "Mario Kart: Whee with Wii" where the only new aspect of the game is that you can change kart colors mid-race and you clowns don't call it a port!!!!!!

I want to see 3rd parties hang with it even though development might be more of a bitch.

It's all there - Just BRING IT!!!

I think Sony sold a lot of Wii's and 360's with their announcements.

And Shifty...
Alyssa Milano called. She wanted to know if you'd be able to go to the Islanders second round playoff game with her, Rose McGowen and Holly Marie Combs.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 08:09:23 PM »

Yeah... I'll be getting one too.  Nintendo is actually the only company that has me buying their systems for the exclusives.

I do wish they would have announced pricing and a release date though.  I'm disappointed in that.

gellar
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 08:57:28 PM »

IN!

No, that's not a devil echo you hear.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 09:00:48 PM »

I thought the E3 presentation made the controller look very appealing.  But the games didn't excite me that much.  Another Metroid, another Zelda, Mario, etc.  I know it's not popular to say this, but Nintendo's first party games do not interest me at all.  The tennis and baseball games looked very fun.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 09:05:33 PM »

I'll be too jealous of everyone who gets a PS3 if I don't get a new system too so sign me up for the affordable console!
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 09:23:37 PM »

Link plz?

And I don't mean Zelda.  (rimshot)

Actually, speaking of Zelda, does anyone know how similar the [Revolution] and GCN versions going to be?  I've held on to a 'Cube for a year now waiting on Twilight Princess, but if it's going to be watered down compared to the other version...

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 09:54:00 PM »

I'm watching live demo footage of someone playing Metroid Prime: Corruption for the Wii right now...holy CRAP! that game is going to freaking OWN!   :shock:  smile  smile

You can use your grapple beam dynamically in combat, throwing it out by physically flipping your left hand to rip enemy's shields right out of their hands!  Combine that with the ease of aiming just by pointing your right hand at the screen, and this is probably one of my most anticipated Wii games!  Cool

-Autistic Angel
unbreakable
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 11:58:51 PM »

Given how crappy the GC's controller was, anything would have been an improvement.  But their new concept for the controller might actually work out good, we shall see.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 02:19:57 AM »

IGN reports that in addition to Zelda:TP, Metroid 3 is confirmed as a launch title. That's pretty strong to have 2 heavy hitters at launch. (and who knows, maybe more?)

However, let the complaints begin... No online multiplayer. I am shocked at this omission.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Kev199
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 02:24:46 AM »

What about Super Smash Bros. Brawl?
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 02:31:59 AM »

And there's gunna be a light gun too!

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 02:36:16 AM »

Quote from: "JCC"
IGN reports that in addition to Zelda:TP, Metroid 3 is confirmed as a launch title. That's pretty strong to have 2 heavy hitters at launch. (and who knows, maybe more?)

However, let the complaints begin... No online multiplayer. I am shocked at this omission.

Perhaps the infrastructure isn't ready to handle online MP yet, like MS and XBox Live (Halo had no Live capability).

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
unbreakable
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 03:20:24 AM »

I can see them ditching multiplayer to have it be a launch title.

That's how it goes, you gotta get units on shelves.  It doesn't work like the PC world, where you just delay shipping the game for another year.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2006, 03:44:25 AM »

You have got to be kidding me.......

I thought it was called the Wii

as in          WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2006, 04:29:09 AM »

Quote from: "denoginizer"

You have got to be kidding me.......

I thought it was called the Wii

as in          WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Teh lorax?   :shock:

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2006, 05:42:06 AM »

Metroid 3 doesn't have any multiplayer component? That actually surprises me. I wouldn't really want multi in Twilight Princess, but multiplayer would be great for MP3.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2006, 09:56:08 AM »

Quote from: "godhugh"
Quote from: "metallicorphan"

No, it's coming out on the Wii launch day.

well i heard that twilight princess was put back to autumn(fall)....is that when the wii is due out?.....if not then,yes twilight princess has been held back again

that title and bully...why is it always the games i want...why cant it be ....barbies horseriding or something

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2006, 02:26:58 PM »

did anyone see the screen shot where they are using the controller for the bow and arrow?  

I'm also excited for a new Fire Emblem for the Wii..I think I might actually buy one at launch..I know my Wife and Kid would enjoy alot of the games.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 02:44:29 PM »

It looks like I'll be closing the blinds when I turn on Wii, for sure ... but I'll still be turning it on.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Jocke
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 03:47:22 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
Link plz?

And I don't mean Zelda.  (rimshot)

Actually, speaking of Zelda, does anyone know how similar the [Revolution] and GCN versions going to be?  I've held on to a 'Cube for a year now waiting on Twilight Princess, but if it's going to be watered down compared to the other version...

As I understand it they are going to be more or less the same gameplaywise. They are going to pump up the graphics and change the way it is controlled but thats it I think.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 04:01:03 PM »

Between DS, Wii, Zelda and Mario, my head is about to asplode.

I'm genuinely excited about something and I can't remember the last time I felt genuinely excited about something game related...

Actually, yes I can: the lead up to The first Medal of Honor- the demo was amazing.  I was sorely disappointed.  That was 2002.

Prior to that it was DOOM II...and that didn't disappoint but man it's been a looooong time.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 05:06:26 PM »

Do we think the Wii Zelda will be able to use saves from the GC Zelda?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2006, 01:50:01 AM »

Oh man, the new video of Super Mario Galaxy over on IGN looks like so much fun. I'm looking forwards to the gameplay that comes with no real up or down.

As for Red Steel, it hurts to read that:

Again, we played this demo over and over with multiple set-ups, and each time we had the same conclusion: Red Steer [sic] is harder to control than dual analog or a PC mouse.

Ouch. It's up to Ubisoft to continue to work on the game and fix the controls. Frankly, I'd rather they delay the game from being a launch title in order to perfect the controls. I especially want to see the wii-mote work as a direct sort of avatar for a sword.

Shit, where's Lucas Art's Jedi Knight game already??

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: