http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 11:42:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok... I need help! [Rainbow Six 3: Athena's Sword]  (Read 906 times)
happydog
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2004, 11:59:54 PM »

Ok, recently picked this up (after Tim sent me RS for free, sorry can't remember your GG nick) and did the install. Installed just fine and RS works, but AS asks me to put in the CD. Well the CD is in the drive (CD-2), but it fails to launch. I took a look at the forums at the official site and find that some CD writers may be incompatible. :evil: So I yank a 52x drive out of another comp and install that. Still no luck. I did all the updates I could on both RS and AS. Anyone have any other ideas?

LiveTAG: happydog
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 06:27:38 AM »

Quote from: "happydog"
Ok, recently picked this up (after Tim sent me RS for free, sorry can't remember your GG nick) and did the install. Installed just fine and RS works, but AS asks me to put in the CD. Well the CD is in the drive (CD-2), but it fails to launch. I took a look at the forums at the official site and find that some CD writers may be incompatible. :evil: So I yank a 52x drive out of another comp and install that. Still no luck. I did all the updates I could on both RS and AS. Anyone have any other ideas?

Actually, for reasons unknown, Athena Sword needs the ORIGNAL Rainbow Six 3 CD in the drive to run. The one needed to run the original RS3 itself.

I found that out too when I bought the combo package with RS3 with AS in it.

Why did they do it this way? Good question.

And, no, I'm not the same Tim mentioned above. smile

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 08:24:01 AM »

Well I'll be! I never would have thought of that. Thanks.  biggrin

LiveTAG: happydog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: