http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 01:02:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 79   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Rock Band DLC News, Impressions, and Comments Thread  (Read 190258 times)
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1000 on: September 26, 2008, 08:02:20 PM »

All in for BSSM.   Wonder how they'll censor it.

Not sure if I mentioned this thought here before or not....it would be ideal if RB could have different vocal tracks that switched based on the parental setting of your console.

jersoc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 26, 2008, 08:51:21 PM »

Quote from: shaggydoug on September 26, 2008, 08:02:20 PM

All in for BSSM.   Wonder how they'll censor it.

what i got are hugs and kisses
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 26, 2008, 09:58:48 PM »

Finally got to try Camera Eye on expert drums.  Four stars, 325,000 on the sightread.  OMGWFTDRUMROL!  Damn, that sucker's a monster.  It didn't feel like ten minutes while it was going on, but man, now that it's done, my arms are pretty damn sore.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 26, 2008, 10:00:45 PM »

BSSM is a great album for this...Bravo!
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 27, 2008, 03:55:09 PM »

I'm beggin for Prince...

"Let's Go Crazy" is made for this game.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: September 27, 2008, 04:36:47 PM »

Quote from: Devil on September 27, 2008, 03:55:09 PM

I'm beggin for Prince...

+1!

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life...electric word life, it means forever, and that's a mighty long time, but I'm here to tell you...there's something else.  The afterworld.  A world of neverending happiness.  You can always see the sun.  Day...or night.  So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills, you know the one...Doctor Everything-Will-Be-Alright...instead of asking him how much of your time is left, ask him how much of your mind, baby...cause in this life, things are much better than in the afterworld.  In this life, you're on your own.  And when the elevator tried to break you down.  Go crazy.  Put your something something some up!"

Done from memory.  Of course, there are not enough 2s and Us in there, but I think it's pretty close, except for that last line, which I just found out is "Punch a higher floor."  Great song opening.  I'd like that on my tombstone, please.  Granted, in the game, it'd be spoken.  Instant 100%, but it'd still be fun.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 30, 2008, 10:32:26 PM »

Just got finished playing through Blood Sugar Sex Magik on drums.  Probably my favorite DLC album yet, yes even over Rush, just because I love the funk-inspired sound the Peppers have so much.  Drums was a total blast and I got through all the songs except We're Red Hot, just because after drumming 16 songs in a row I was pretty tired, plus I am thinking even if I wasn't, I probably still wouldn't be able to get through that without some practice.  Not sure how the vocals, guitar, and bass are, but the drums are pretty fun.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 01, 2008, 02:45:32 PM »

Oh, one more thing on the Peppers DLC this week.  If you are familiar with the album, you know Sir Psycho Sexy is a pretty dirty song.  Well, since we get scrubbed versions it means that there a huge gaps in the lyrics where they had to edit out things.  It isn't even that there is a ton of curse words, but instead the topic makes it to where they have to edit it.  I found it pretty funny.

jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1008 on: October 01, 2008, 03:26:01 PM »

Glad you guys were happy with the RHCP album but as they are among my LEAST favorite artists ever, I'm left out this week. Does anyone know if there is a schedule online so we can see what is coming down the pipe?

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 01, 2008, 03:34:04 PM »

Quote from: jblank on October 01, 2008, 03:26:01 PM

Does anyone know if there is a schedule online so we can see what is coming down the pipe?

No, there is no such thing.  They announce the next week every Friday.

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 01, 2008, 03:34:22 PM »

Glad you guys were happy with the RHCP album but as they are among my LEAST favorite artists ever, I'm left out this week. Does anyone know if there is a schedule online so we can see what is coming down the pipe?

RHCP is hit or miss with me. I tend to either love the song, or don't like it much at all. From the album this week I only grabbed 'Under the Bridge', which I think is excellent. I love Dani California and a few others they had as earlier DLC.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 01, 2008, 03:35:06 PM »

Quote from: Jeff Jones on October 01, 2008, 03:34:22 PM

RHCP is hit or miss with me. I tend to either love the song, or don't like it much at all. From the album this week I only grabbed 'Under the Bridge', which I think is excellent. I love Dani California and a few others they had as earlier DLC.

That's too bad.  I love every single song on that album.  In my opinion, they are all great, which is pretty rare for an album.

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 01, 2008, 03:35:17 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 27, 2008, 04:36:47 PM

Quote from: Devil on September 27, 2008, 03:55:09 PM

I'm beggin for Prince...

+1!

+2!

We need more "fun" songs to play.  I'm hoping for more cheese from the 80's and more hair band stuff.  Final Countdown anyone!  How 'bout some Huey Lewis like I Want a New Drug and Heart of Rock & Roll!  How 'bout some Bangles, more Go Go's, Michael Jackson, and definitely loads of Prince!  Not the best music in the world but fun to play in Rock Band I'd imagine.  All this metal and hard rock stuff sucks.  I was never into all that and I don't know 90% of the songs.  So far I'm only enjoying a few songs in Rock Band 2 that include Eye of the Tiger, Spirit in the Sky and Hungry Like a Wolf.

The real question is why do I always think of PeteRock when playing Eye of the Tiger?

And a personal request:  how 'bout some Neil Diamond!  Would love to belt out Sweet Caroline and America (in the privacy of my own home).  icon_wink

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 01, 2008, 03:37:17 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 01, 2008, 03:34:04 PM

Does anyone know if there is a schedule online so we can see what is coming down the pipe?

They have officially announced some of the upcoming full album releases:

The Best of No Doubt (Rock Band Edition)    -No Doubt
The Colour and the Shape    -Foo Fighters
Nothing's Shocking    -Jane's Addiction
Texas Flood    -Stevie Ray Vaughan

No mention of a date, though.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 01, 2008, 03:38:08 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 01, 2008, 03:37:17 PM

Quote from: The Grue on October 01, 2008, 03:34:04 PM

They have officially announced some of the upcoming full album releases:

The Best of No Doubt (Rock Band Edition)    -No Doubt
The Colour and the Shape    -Foo Fighters
Nothing's Shocking    -Jane's Addiction
Texas Flood    -Stevie Ray Vaughan

No mention of a date, though.

Yes, we know those albums are coming, but as you said, there is no date.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1015 on: October 01, 2008, 03:42:35 PM »

Definitely down for FOO (my personal favorite group) and No Doubt.....the Janes Addiction would go into the "maybe" category for me.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1016 on: October 01, 2008, 03:44:05 PM »

Quote from: Jeff Jones on October 01, 2008, 03:34:22 PM

Most of their stuff just is too "funk" like for me. The harder stuff they have released, that sounds more "rock-like", I usually warm up to, but this particular album I always thought was terrible. I'm the minority though I think, lol.

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 01, 2008, 03:52:06 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on October 01, 2008, 03:35:17 PM

We need more "fun" songs to play.  I'm hoping for more cheese from the 80's and more hair band stuff.  Final Countdown anyone!  How 'bout some Huey Lewis like I Want a New Drug and Heart of Rock & Roll!  How 'bout some Bangles, more Go Go's, Michael Jackson, and definitely loads of Prince!  Not the best music in the world but fun to play in Rock Band I'd imagine.  All this metal and hard rock stuff sucks.  I was never into all that and I don't know 90% of the songs.  So far I'm only enjoying a few songs in Rock Band 2 that include Eye of the Tiger, Spirit in the Sky and Hungry Like a Wolf.

At our RB2 party Eye of the Tiger, Hungry Like The Wolf, and Living on a Prayer all had the entire house singing along.  Any Way You Want It from Journey was also a popular party hit.  People were even hooting, hollering, and cheering after each song.  It was surreal.

Fun songs are definitely a must.  I'm not sure which song was the most well-received, but I definitely remember the entire room belting it out to Any Way You Want It. 

You'll also find this funny.  Doug, as in our old boss Doug, came to the party and even he sang.  icon_eek  "You Outta Know" was one of his favorites.  The party was ridiculous.

The real question is why do I always think of PeteRock when playing Eye of the Tiger?

PeteRocky icon_cool

And a personal request:  how 'bout some Neil Diamond!  Would love to belt out Sweet Caroline and America (in the privacy of my own home).  icon_wink

If I ever have to hear Sweet Caroline it'll be too soon.  Perhaps I've closed too many bars, but almost every one closes the night with Sweet Caroline.  I hate it more than the Giants. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1018 on: October 01, 2008, 03:52:39 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on September 21, 2008, 01:58:16 AM

Let me clarify my stance on Rush.  Their songs are typically pretty fun to play on the drums and decent on guitar, and there are a few songs of theirs that I like.  However, I cannot fucking stand Geddy Lee's voice.  His high pitched, nasally whine is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  No matter how good they are musically (which they are one of the absolute best), I have a really hard time listening to them because of his vocals.

Fair enough?

Yeah... I can't stand that chick either.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1019 on: October 01, 2008, 03:55:47 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 01, 2008, 02:45:32 PM

Oh, one more thing on the Peppers DLC this week.  If you are familiar with the album, you know Sir Psycho Sexy is a pretty dirty song.  Well, since we get scrubbed versions it means that there a huge gaps in the lyrics where they had to edit out things.  It isn't even that there is a ton of curse words, but instead the topic makes it to where they have to edit it.  I found it pretty funny.

I was disappointed that Morrissette's song was scrubbed as well as Disturbed's Sickness... the end with the vocal track was scrubbed completely.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: October 01, 2008, 04:28:39 PM »

I'm on the fence with BSSM too.  I like about half of the songs on that album.  But if I buy 8 songs I mine as well buy the whole thing. On the other hand I know we will never play some of the songs on the full album

I'm so torn.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 01, 2008, 04:31:16 PM »

I'm happy with the purchase, simply for "They're Red Hot". I can't wait to spring that on every vocalist ever.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: October 01, 2008, 05:11:17 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on October 01, 2008, 03:52:06 PM

Quote from: Starshifter on October 01, 2008, 03:35:17 PM

At our RB2 party Eye of the Tiger, Hungry Like The Wolf, and Living on a Prayer all had the entire house singing along.  Any Way You Want It from Journey was also a popular party hit.  People were even hooting, hollering, and cheering after each song.  It was surreal.

Fun songs are definitely a must.  I'm not sure which song was the most well-received, but I definitely remember the entire room belting it out to Any Way You Want It. 

You'll also find this funny.  Doug, as in our old boss Doug, came to the party and even he sang.  icon_eek  "You Outta Know" was one of his favorites.  The party was ridiculous.

PeteRocky icon_cool

If I ever have to hear Sweet Caroline it'll be too soon.  Perhaps I've closed too many bars, but almost every one closes the night with Sweet Caroline.  I hate it more than the Giants. 

Forgot about the Journey song.  That's a good one too.  I would have given anything to see Doug sing!  Talk about surreal.  And don't you go dissing Neil Diamond and Sweet Caroline just because you are still quite sore over the Giants Super Bowl victory back in February.  Still a hard pill to swallow huh Pete?  Giants Super Bowl Champions.

I thought of a few more fun songs/groups I'd love to have:  Ghostbusters (Ray Parker Jr.), Hall & Oates, Monkees, Thompson Twins, ZZ Top & more!

XM Channel 76
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 01, 2008, 05:17:32 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on October 01, 2008, 05:11:17 PM

And don't you go dissing Neil Diamond and Sweet Caroline just because you are still quite sore over the Giants Super Bowl victory back in February.  Still a hard pill to swallow huh Pete?  Giants Super Bowl Champions.

I'm still sore over the Eagles' loss to New England in 2004.  The Giants' victory only adds to my already surly demeanor. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 01, 2008, 05:25:36 PM »

Journey and Neil Diamond?!  My 360 may explode.  Throw in some REO Speedwagon or some Barney for the kids, and I guarantee it will - after I hit it with a shotgun.

Of course, I kid.  The more DLC the better, even stuff I hate.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 01, 2008, 06:21:13 PM »

I watch the Rock Band DLC page on wiki.  Again, there's not much in the way of advanced warning, but it's a good resource.

As for editing songs, I find it odd that Hammerhead made it through for Rock Band, but got sanitized in the Madden 09 menu music.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 01, 2008, 06:49:36 PM »

Holy crap.  I did a search and didn't see them referenced anywhere on this page (or the other one), so here goes a request:

Queen!!!!

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 02, 2008, 04:37:13 PM »

I heard Kickstart My Heart on the radio yesterday and I think that would be an awesome Rock Band song.  Hell the whole Dr Feelgood album would be great. It would be fun on all instruments and vocals.

dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 02, 2008, 06:04:47 PM »

Weird that you mention that.  The Crue's website is saying that the Dr. Feelgood album will be the DLC for the 14th.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 02, 2008, 06:19:37 PM »

Here's a link http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55064
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 02, 2008, 06:25:04 PM »

Quote from: dangerballs on October 02, 2008, 06:04:47 PM

Weird that you mention that.  The Crue's website is saying that the Dr. Feelgood album will be the DLC for the 14th.

If true that is awesome.

While I'm on a roll Pearl Jam's Ten and Tool's Aenima would be great too.  icon_biggrin

Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 02, 2008, 06:32:34 PM »

"T.N.T. (Terror 'N Tinseltown)" 0:42
"Dr. Feelgood" (Mick Mars, Nikki Sixx) 4:50
"Slice of Your Pie" (Sixx, Mars) 4:32
"Rattlesnake Shake" (Mars, Sixx, Vince Neil, Tommy Lee) 3:40
"Kickstart My Heart" (Sixx) 4:48
"Without You" (Sixx, Mars) 4:29
"Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.)" (Lee, Sixx, Neil, Mars) 4:12
"Sticky Sweet" (Mars, Sixx) 3:52
"She Goes Down" (Mars, Sixx) 4:37
"Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)" (Sixx, Mars) 4:40
"Time for Change" (Sixx, Donna McDaniel) 4:45

Not sure about the full album, but I am so in for the four singles. (Dr. Feelgood, Kickstart my Heart, Without You, Don't Go Away Mad)

Oh, I won a free track from stride. www.stridelovesrockband.com ; Looks like that ends on Saturday, but still - pretty awesome. 160 xbl points. I grabbed Devo - Through Being Cool.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:35:16 PM by DragonFyre » Logged
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 02, 2008, 09:45:29 PM »

I'm in for Dr. Feelgood, Kickstart My Heart and Same Ol' Situation...all 3 rock!!!!

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1033 on: October 02, 2008, 11:21:56 PM »

Yes I have been waiting for Dr. FeelGood it's about time.

But the one I really want is  Slave to the Grind  -  Skid Row........

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 03, 2008, 01:21:07 PM »

Quote from: DragonFyre on October 02, 2008, 06:32:34 PM

Not sure about the full album, but I am so in for the four singles. (Dr. Feelgood, Kickstart my Heart, Without You, Don't Go Away Mad)

the four singles should all be pretty good, but i'll also put up 'Rattlesnake Shake' as a must-have...cool guitar riff that mixes up through the song, good bass groove, and some interesting drums that should be fun to play.  i've been waiting a very long time for the chance to play 'Kickstart My Heart' though...just getting that one song is enough to make me very happy

now i'd just like to see more Ratt in the game.  'Round and Round' is fun, but the chance to play something like 'Shame Shame Shame' or 'Lay It Down' would be awesome icon_cool
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 02:03:52 PM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: October 03, 2008, 05:05:17 PM »

This week we have a Offspring three-pack as well as 6 more tracks from bands like Against Me!, Free, George Thorogood, Harvey Danger, Screaming Trees, and Static-X.

Offspring Three-Pack

Gone Away
Pretty Fly
Self Esteem

Each track is available for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for the complete three pack. All tracks are masters.

We also have -

Stop! by Against Me!
All Right Now by Free
Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood
Cream & Bastards Rise Harvey Danger
Nearly Lost You by Screaming Trees
Push It by Static-X

Each of these tracks is available for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points). All tracks are masters.

Tracks come out 10/7 on Xbox360 and 10/9 on PS3.

Very nice list.

I will probably get all of them except for Pretty Fly and the Harvey Danger song.

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 03, 2008, 05:16:13 PM »

Can anyone recommend a good place to hear snippets of the songs available for download so that I can see if I know them and like them?  I do not know songs by their names.  There might be a song I know but would not recognize it by the name.  I don't have iTunes by the way.  So that's out.

XM Channel 76
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 03, 2008, 05:21:08 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on October 03, 2008, 05:16:13 PM

Can anyone recommend a good place to hear snippets of the songs available for download so that I can see if I know them and like them?  I do not know songs by their names.  There might be a song I know but would not recognize it by the name.  I don't have iTunes by the way.  So that's out.

The in game music store.  icon_wink

If you want to hear them before Tuesday I'd say try youtube. 

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 03, 2008, 05:55:00 PM »

hell yes, more offspring. and so in for against me and harvey danger.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 03, 2008, 06:12:33 PM »

Now that we're getting overloaded with songs again, I'm going to have to start being picky...

Pretty psyched to be getting the offspring pack.

Stop! by Against Me! - New song to me. Love the sound. Getting.
All Right Now by Free - Classic. That I never knew the name of, apparently. Getting.
Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood - Classic. Getting.
Cream & Bastards Rise Harvey Danger - Undecided. Never heard it before. I kinda like it, but I'm so uncertain.
Nearly Lost You by Screaming Trees - Pretty generic sound. Probably passing unless the charts are awesome. Is this a more popular song?
Push It by Static-X - Never heard it before; Reminds me of White Zombie. Getting.

Meh... I'll probably just get everything...
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 79   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: