http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 10:07:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Official GTA4 impressions thread  (Read 72233 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 14, 2008, 05:27:10 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on May 14, 2008, 04:48:59 PM

Quote from: Ridah on May 14, 2008, 04:47:19 PM

Do you guys seriously have money issues in this game? After that bank robbery mission that I scored $250,000 out of I've never had to worry.

I worked hard for that money...

...so, you'd better treat him right.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 14, 2008, 05:27:35 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on May 14, 2008, 04:47:19 PM

Do you guys seriously have money issues in this game? After that bank robbery mission that I scored $250,000 out of I've never had to worry.

Until you reach that point you could run yourself out of money if you die a lot and don't reload a previous save. Makes me regret the time I ran up the umpteen flights of stairs in one building for the hell of it and then just jumped to save time. I have so far avoided reloading any previous saves, just to keep myself from getting into the habit.

One of Yahtzee's comments got me to thinking. He complained that the game takes us back to Liberty City, rather than breaking new ground. However, the graphics engine upgrade since GTAIII really makes it such a significant change that I don't get any feelings of deja vu. NYC is arguably the most iconic city in the world and so is fertile ground for this new generation of GTA.

I did enjoy the pleasures of the new generation of the game when I took a walk down a major boulevard in Algonquin. While the NPC do repeat, there are more templates than before. Also there are a lot of details on the buildings, behind the glass storefronts, and all around. I spotted the "Opium Nights" hotel, got dirty looks from a couple of doormen at swanky walkups, and read the posters stuck in the alleys.

Another great little detail, easy to miss... I swiped a high end racing bike (NRG900?) and took it for a drive as the sun set. When I parked in a dark place, I noticed that the little dash on the bike is pretty detailed, with little idiot lights that flash. Cool.

I had been a little disappointed when it was first revealed that the city where GTAIV would be set was based on NYC. I thought Gee, not mountains, or hills, no farms, it's going to be kinda limited. I take that all back. While there might not be a Mount whatever-it-is like in GTASA, Liberty City is very much a city with a third dimension.

XBL gamertag: jztemple
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 14, 2008, 05:33:25 PM »

Quote from: Roscoe on May 14, 2008, 05:27:35 PM

One of Yahtzee's comments got me to thinking. He complained that the game takes us back to Liberty City, rather than breaking new ground. However, the graphics engine upgrade since GTAIII really makes it such a significant change that I don't get any feelings of deja vu. NYC is arguably the most iconic city in the world and so is fertile ground for this new generation of GTA.

I did enjoy the pleasures of the new generation of the game when I took a walk down a major boulevard in Algonquin. While the NPC do repeat, there are more templates than before. Also there are a lot of details on the buildings, behind the glass storefronts, and all around. I spotted the "Opium Nights" hotel, got dirty looks from a couple of doormen at swanky walkups, and read the posters stuck in the alleys.

Also, it's not the same Liberty City.  I've been replaying a bit of GTA3 recently and there isn't a whole lot of resemblance between the two cities other than the middle island being a take on Manhattan.  The names, layout, and feel of the areas are totally different- to the point where IIRC the airport in GTA3 is on the western island instead of the eastern island. 
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 14, 2008, 06:34:47 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on May 14, 2008, 05:33:25 PM

Quote from: Roscoe on May 14, 2008, 05:27:35 PM

Also, it's not the same Liberty City.  I've been replaying a bit of GTA3 recently and there isn't a whole lot of resemblance between the two cities other than the middle island being a take on Manhattan.  The names, layout, and feel of the areas are totally different- to the point where IIRC the airport in GTA3 is on the western island instead of the eastern island. 

The first time I drove over to that little island at the top (Bohan, or something?), I found myself in a part of the city that felt familiar.  I realized that I was cruising around the neighborhood of the first apartment in GTAIII.  The roads went the same way.  There were similar hills and the water was in the same place.  There was even the same apartment building complex with a similar playground/enclosure, but it was different, too.  It really was as though time had passed and new buildings had gone up and old ones torn down, improvements had been made in some areas while things were deteriorating in others.  Incredible.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 14, 2008, 07:16:37 PM »

Are the missions you get achievements for milestones?  They seem pretty random selections to me.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 14, 2008, 08:27:47 PM »

Damn, Ruslana is pretty hot.  Damn that song is catchy too.  Unfortunately I didn't think any of her other videos linked on Youtube were nearly as good.  Still, I might have to grab the Radio Vladivostock soundtrack album.  Would make some good background music for when I get around to reading Night Watch. 
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 14, 2008, 08:53:30 PM »

some interesting moments from my last bit of gametime. 

capping an escaping criminal as he sped past me, watching him fall onto the gas and and ram his car onto a median, which vaulted the car into the tree.  the car flipped/barrel rolled 3 times and landed on it's wheel with the body still in the driver's seat.

doing 4 rollovers in first person while drunk.  i almost puked in RL. slywink

chasing down a former friend, some of his buddies pulled up to block me with their patriot.  i sprayed the side with my uzi and caught both of them before they even had a chance to jump out.

i somehow got a truck to do a half turn flat spin on the jump in star junction.  i landed between two parked cars, still facing perpendicular to the flow of traffic. 

finding out a super easy way to do a mission actually lost me a random person encounter later on.  good for me, it wasn't a huge loss, and the mission went from a a pretty difficult one to damn near instant win

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 14, 2008, 08:58:09 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on May 14, 2008, 08:27:47 PM

Damn, Ruslana is pretty hot.  Damn that song is catchy too.  Unfortunately I didn't think any of her other videos linked on Youtube were nearly as good.  Still, I might have to grab the Radio Vladivostock soundtrack album.  Would make some good background music for when I get around to reading Night Watch. 

I got the Schwiene song off of iTunes.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 14, 2008, 08:59:25 PM »

Indeed. I was thinking of picking up the soundtrack as well, after you praised the station earlier in the thread I started tuning in more often and found I like a lot of the music.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 14, 2008, 10:07:20 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on May 14, 2008, 05:10:47 AM

Get into a taxi then cycle through all the available locations he can take you.  Perhaps a mission will show up in that list.

well no missions in the cab. this is freakin BS. how the hell did this bug happen? I swear no one else has gotten it. I can't find jack on google about this. I'm sitting here where according to guides, francis should be. he's not.

great.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 14, 2008, 10:58:42 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 14, 2008, 08:58:09 PM

I got the Schwiene song off of iTunes.

yeah, i got that one, ruslana, & a couple others...

&, yeah, ruslana's okay, for sure - but she's no glukoza smile ...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 15, 2008, 01:28:48 AM »

Finished it today.  53+ hours and I honestly think this is one of my top 3 games of all time.  I've already gone back and started doing some of the stuff I missed.  I've done some of the most wanted guys on the police computer as well as some of Brucie's races.  I fully intend on doing all of the missions for the other people that I haven't done, but there's no way I can get 100%...I just don't have the desire nor the patience to look for all those pigeons.

Great game with a lot of interesting plot twists.  I thought the last part of the game took on a real Sopranos feel.  Even the night club, Honkers looks just like the Bada Bing.

Wonder if some people are disappointed that this became more of a mob game than a thug game?  I don't think they could have built this good of a story around a thug type game, but I do think they leaned a bit too far in the mob direction but I loved it anyway. 

53 hours and I haven't touched multiplayer yet.  That's what I call getting your money's worth.  A real breath of fresh air when compared to the 5-6 hour games like Call of Duty 4, Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas and others.    They're all great games, but it's nice to see someone put a real effort into single player again.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 15, 2008, 01:43:27 AM »

Quote from: The_Man on May 15, 2008, 01:28:48 AM

Wonder if some people are disappointed that this became more of a mob game than a thug game?  I don't think they could have built this good of a story around a thug type game, but I do think they leaned a bit too far in the mob direction but I loved it anyway. 

I don't know about "thug" game but, based on initial previews, I expected the Russian mob to be a focal point.  Instead it's really kind of like a "tour" of all elements of the underworld whether it's Russian, Irish, Italian, Puerto Rican, etc along with the requisite corrupt cops, etc.  I don't mind the change personally- I think they do a good job of kind of handing Niko off to these various elements and making it plausible that all would be willing to employ and trust him at different times. 
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 15, 2008, 02:29:20 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on May 15, 2008, 01:43:27 AM

Quote from: The_Man on May 15, 2008, 01:28:48 AM

I don't know about "thug" game but, based on initial previews, I expected the Russian mob to be a focal point.  Instead it's really kind of like a "tour" of all elements of the underworld whether it's Russian, Irish, Italian, Puerto Rican, etc along with the requisite corrupt cops, etc.  I don't mind the change personally- I think they do a good job of kind of handing Niko off to these various elements and making it plausible that all would be willing to employ and trust him at different times. 

I agree, but even with Niko on all the art of the game, I still thought we'd see more of the same elements that were in the Vice City and San Andreas.  It is what it is and it plays more like a Scarface/Godfather type game than the Grand Theft Autos of old.  But, that's not such a bad thing.  Not sure how far into it you are, but the last 25% of the game could be considered a Sopranos ripoff by some.  That being said, I thought despite the constant Sopranos references, the story was one of the best I've seen in gaming.  This literally felt like I played through a real movie.  Some of the plot twists were just as brutal as a motion picture as well. 

I do agree with you, though.  I guess I am just so overwhelmed with how good the story was and how sad I am that it's actually over.  Download content can't come soon enough.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 15, 2008, 02:51:12 AM »

I'm just past Three Leaf Clover and am about to make initial contact with the Mafia. 

So far the plot itself isn't much.  However the characters and their individuals stories are really well written so I'm not complaining. 
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 15, 2008, 02:59:43 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on May 15, 2008, 02:51:12 AM

I'm just past Three Leaf Clover and am about to make initial contact with the Mafia. 

So far the plot itself isn't much.  However the characters and their individuals stories are really well written so I'm not complaining. 

My personal opinion is that the story didn't really start clicking until the McCreary's got involved.  You're in a real good place right now and it will definitely get better.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 15, 2008, 03:54:57 AM »

"Shit, Jacob.  You gotta smoke that now?"   icon_lol

And Roman's call
Spoiler for Hiden:
in the strip club while Niko is piloting the helicopter was priceless with the following text message the perfect followup.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 15, 2008, 04:20:37 AM »

umm...anyone else run into crazy Eddie with his dufflebag on the street?  that whole encounter was a little disturbing...but oddly entertaining...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
QP
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 15, 2008, 10:40:56 AM »

I'd just like to say, I finished 3 Leaf Clover on the first try smile

-QP
Currently Playing:
[PC]Oblivion Again (OOO this time)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 15, 2008, 12:47:07 PM »

Quote from: QP on May 15, 2008, 10:40:56 AM

Me too.  Got down to a sliver of health at one point but found a first aid kit and it was smooth sailing from there. 
Goonch
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: May 15, 2008, 01:26:23 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 13, 2008, 12:25:10 AM

And I'm done.  It's up for grabs if anyone wants it.

GTA IV did lead to minor epiphany regarding my gaming tastes.  I tried to think back over the hundreds of games I've played, and think of one "realistic" game that I truly enjoyed.   Not a single game came to mind.  For me, playing a game needs to be a complete and total escape from reality.  If there is even a touch of the real world in a game, I completely lose interest.  Which would explain why I have never been able to get into any of the military FPS or RTS, the GTA games, real-world action titles (i.e. Splinter Cell, Max Payne, Stranglehold, etc.), or a multitude of other games.  If it doesn't have some element of the ridiculous, fantastic, or completely unbelievable, it just doesn't float my boat.  One of the big problems with GTA IV is that, in the end, I'm playing as a thug living in New York City.  Put that same thug and gameplay into Faerie, or Middle-Earth, or Westeros, or Ivalice, and it would keep my interest for hours on end. 

This is what makes the world go around and define us as individuals. I am the complete opposite of you. The more real-world the game is, the more immersed I become in it. However, sometimes I do need the sci-fi and fantasy settings to take me out of reality for a while.

I don't know for sure, but maybe it is an age thing. I will be 48 this July. I am reaching a point in my life where I feel it is up to my 3 kids to fight off the Sith and leave the Nazis for me to deal with. Hmmmmm, now where the f*** is my lightsaber.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 15, 2008, 02:07:52 PM »

Thanks all, I was able to finish No Love Lost by approaching on foot. I had no idea about that "zoom" function with guns. The only damage I took on the mission was taking one of the gang's bikes out of the park and crashing into a fence. (See, I told you I can't ride those things!)

For fun last night I stole one of the huge trucks and went to the airport and began chasing airplanes on the runway, running over baggage handlers. It was quite the fun cops and robber chase. Especially once my truck died. I ended up stealing another car and then getting lost looking for the exit before being gunned down in a blaze of glory. Too much fun!

Let me ask this one now. I am trying to do the first Little Jacob "job", and I just can't even come close. I have to deliver a package within a time limit to a guy who's standing on a bridge (I think). I don't even get close. The closest I have gotten is actually on the ramp heading up to the bridge and that was a rare bit of good luck driving. Again, is there a trick or short cut I am missing here? Thanks!

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 15, 2008, 02:10:33 PM »

For LJ's package missions short cuts definitely help if you can find them (though I don't think I needed it on the first package mission).  One thing I didn't know, however, is that evidently you don't have to use the junkers he leaves you with.  Supposedly you can hop into your own quicker and better handling vehicle and still complete the missions. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 15, 2008, 02:53:53 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on May 15, 2008, 12:47:07 PM

Me too.  Got down to a sliver of health at one point but found a first aid kit and it was smooth sailing from there. 

for me it was technically my second try.  the first time I went in without full armor after getting whacked by a car while while trying to jack it.  on my next try the game gave me a 'cannot read disc' error while escaping and I don't count hardware screwups as valid attempts.  on my second try without the error the game apparently glitched and took away my wanted level as soon as I got in a car to escape so it was a smooth ride back and the game gave me the Explorer achievement afterwards.

one question about dating:  if the person your taking out doesn't like something does the game not let you take them to that place at all?  I took out Kate and tried taking her to the show on the first island and then a couple of food places but the yellow arrows to let me 'start' the date never popped up and I couldn't do anything.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1024 on: May 15, 2008, 03:02:32 PM »

Quote from: Caine on May 13, 2008, 10:42:23 PM

anyone gotten the liberty city minute achievement?

I think I may get it, it's going to be close.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 15, 2008, 03:14:19 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 15, 2008, 02:53:53 PM

one question about dating:  if the person your taking out doesn't like something does the game not let you take them to that place at all?  I took out Kate and tried taking her to the show on the first island and then a couple of food places but the yellow arrows to let me 'start' the date never popped up and I couldn't do anything.

Same happened to me - I tried taking her to the comedy club but it wouldn't let me.  Then I tried bowling and still no go.  It was frustrating because I think you're supposed to give them some variety but it feels like the only two options that would work were eating and drinking (though her conversation while drunk was absolutely worth it).

Also, Kiki is a psycho hose beast. 
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 15, 2008, 03:20:56 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on May 15, 2008, 02:10:33 PM

For LJ's package missions short cuts definitely help if you can find them (though I don't think I needed it on the first package mission).  One thing I didn't know, however, is that evidently you don't have to use the junkers he leaves you with.  Supposedly you can hop into your own quicker and better handling vehicle and still complete the missions. 

i can verify that.  the only "default vehicle" i used for his package missions was that pimped out SUV he leaves you for the last one.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 15, 2008, 03:26:15 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on May 15, 2008, 03:14:19 PM

Also, Kiki is a psycho hose beast. 

LOL!  biggrin

So, I decided to complete as many missions as possible last night, and here's where I am so far:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Tunnel of Death

I was absolutely dreading this mission after reading some of the impressions by others.  I muttered "shit" when I saw what mission I started after speaking with Derrick.  It was so not what I was expecting.  After killing all of the cops, I got into the armored truck, plowed through my barricade and drove out of the tunnel.  The edge of the police radius was at the mouth of the tunnel, and I didn't run into any cops on my way out.  There were some coming my way, so I turned into a parking lot to the left of the tunnel and waited until my wanted level went away.  Super-easy mission.

I need your shit, jacket and motorcycle

I chased the guy for about 4 blocks before finally taking him down with the SMG.  Super-easy as well.

Where you kill Derrick or Francis (Brother of Mine or something like that)

I FUCKING hate Francis.  That character was fucking slime since the first time I met him, so I had absolutely ZERO problem taking him out instead of Derrick.  How does that pan out?  Hows does the story differ depending on the character you choose to let live?

That was pretty much it.  I looked on the map before I saved, and I had no one on the map waiting for me.  What happens next???
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 15, 2008, 04:07:33 PM »

yeah same here...this is such a very easy game,i have taken to doing just one or two missions a night after i come home from work...

i have just...

Spoiler for Hiden:
finished all of Gerrys missions while he is in the pound..and i got my no strangers achievement for doing all the random characters

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 15, 2008, 04:17:41 PM »

I thought the package was in the car? If I get in and get out do I bring the package with me?

-John

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 15, 2008, 04:30:42 PM »

Quote from: JCC on May 15, 2008, 04:17:41 PM

I thought the package was in the car? If I get in and get out do I bring the package with me?

yep

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 15, 2008, 04:33:16 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 15, 2008, 03:20:56 PM

i can verify that.  the only "default vehicle" i used for his package missions was that pimped out SUV he leaves you for the last one.

I completed all the Little Jacob job missions in the default cars. Only the last one was a real bitch, took me four tries, but I didn't need to use a short cut. Probably the biggest tip I can give on these is that you need to maintain your car's momentum as much as possible. There's no point in blasting down a street and getting wild oversteer at the next corner.

I played about three mainline missions during three hours of playing yesterday and filled the rest of the time with LJ jobs, Stevie car retrievals, dates and man-dates. During this time I only really did some phone-off, goofy touring one time. I had gotten a helicopter after... well, that's a spoiler so I won't say, since you can always get a chopper later in the game. I flew around touring the city and landed at the top of whatever the game's version of the Empire State Building is. I used the tourist binoculars to look at the city (not that great, btw) and also shot a pigeon  icon_biggrin. Really cool view from the top at sunset.

XBL gamertag: jztemple
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 15, 2008, 05:01:51 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 15, 2008, 04:30:42 PM

Quote from: JCC on May 15, 2008, 04:17:41 PM

yep

Now you tell me.  I did them all with the default car.  Although I only had a problem with one of the timed ones where you have to deliver the package to a guy under an overpass.  I kept sliding around trying to get in there, and he'd leave, but I finally did it.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 15, 2008, 05:32:07 PM »

I'm a little depressed that no one else seemed to have any problem with the first LJ delivery. I mean I haven't even made it to within sight of the recipient, and on some attempts I thought I got there pretty quickly.... frown

-John

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 15, 2008, 05:33:12 PM »

Finally had to go through "Snow Storm" last night.  When I saw the title in the bottom right of the screen I immediately thought, "Oh.  Shit."  mainly because I had heard how so many had difficulty with this mission. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
I drove over to the old hospital and saw that there were a number of enemies inside.  I simply took my time and picked each badguy off one by one.  First the few outside.  Then the couple in the "lobby".  I also made sure to get the guys hiding in the rafters as I made my way though the building.  Eventually I found the coke and wiped out all baddies and only lost just a sliver of my bullet proof vest.  I didn't see what the problem was.   icon_confused

And then the "SWAT" team showed up (I think it's called "NOOSE" in the game).   icon_eek  And I saw where everyone was having trouble.  If you didn't get through the initial part of the mission then you were screwed.  On my first playthrough I panicked and tried to hightail it out of there.  Bad idea. 

My next time through I worked my way through the enemies fairly easily again, but this time when NOOSE showed up I took the same approach on my way out, also thinking back to how other missions have had health packs and bullet proof vests scattered about to provide a little help.  I'd take out a few guys, then hold back, then take out a few more, and if I saw my health dipping to a dangerous level I'd keep an eye peeled for a health pack and I'd inevitably find one (usually dropped near a fallen officer).  I'd drop back anytime a wave of police would storm the building, and I'd pick them off as they came through doorways.  Eventually I saw that there were no more red dots on my radar and I ran for a parked police car. 

Once I was out of the building, ditching the police was no problem at all.  Especially in a police car with the sirens wailing, warning other cars to get out of my way.  Fucking Michelle.  That bitch

It only took me two tries, and the first went fairly smoothly until the " icon_eek " moment.  At that moment on my first playthrough I panicked and didn't get very far.  The next time through I made my way slowly and methodically, finding dropped "help" along the way, and I was able to complete "Snow Storm" on my second time through. 

The story is definitely picking up the more I play and I'm finding it more and more difficult to put down when it's time to do something else.  I was pretty psyched to discover Pegasus once I unlocked a new portion of the city.  Now my character can be decked out in true PeteRock fashion.  Black loafers, a charcoal suit, open-collared shirt, but I really need to find a nail salon.  I couldn't stand those Russian thrift store rags I was forced to wear for the first portion of the game.  I needed something more "me".  When I walked into Pegasus I knew I had come home.  Sportcoats, designer shoes, fashion-conscious staff (who kept commenting on the awful ensamble I was currently draped in), and an easy-to-shop layout.  Fabulous 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 05:36:55 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1035 on: May 15, 2008, 05:59:11 PM »

Quote from: JCC on May 15, 2008, 05:32:07 PM

I'm a little depressed that no one else seemed to have any problem with the first LJ delivery. I mean I haven't even made it to within sight of the recipient, and on some attempts I thought I got there pretty quickly.... frown

The only one I had any problems with was the first delivery. And I did all of them in the default junker of a car. I had to retry the first one once (as I didn't realize that the dot was some guy on foot), and the rest were done successfully the first time.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 15, 2008, 06:10:25 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 15, 2008, 05:59:11 PM

Quote from: JCC on May 15, 2008, 05:32:07 PM

The only one I had any problems with was the first delivery. And I did all of them in the default junker of a car. I had to retry the first one once (as I didn't realize that the dot was some guy on foot), and the rest were done successfully the first time.

Same here.  Except for the timed mission with the dude under the overpass.  My GPS wasn't very clear and I had difficulty tracking him down the first time.  I got lucky the second time around once I realized where he was hiding.  I can understand trying to be discreet, but bloody hell I at least have to be able to find you.   disgust

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 15, 2008, 06:16:00 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on May 15, 2008, 06:10:25 PM

Same here.  Except for the timed mission with the dude under the overpass. 

I didn't realize he was under the damn bridge the first time so failed it.  Then i retried it after getting my fancy pants motor-sickel from my safehouse.  Next time around, I just didn't slow down as i neared the guardrail over the underpass.  hit it going about 30 miles an hour, flipped off my bike through the air, and landed (with some damage, of course) about 20 steps away from him. 

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 15, 2008, 06:17:38 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on May 15, 2008, 06:10:25 PM

My GPS wasn't very clear

This is something that has started to aggravate me now that the 3rd island is open.  Sometimes the destination marker is on an overpass, but the route it tells me to take is for that spot in the underpass.  There have been a couple of times where I have to drive around trying to figure out where the fuck I'm supposed to go.

So Pete, when are you gonna hit me up for some MP?  wonderpug sent me an invite the night before last, but I was only going to be for 30 min or so, so I turned him down...
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 15, 2008, 06:21:14 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on May 15, 2008, 06:17:38 PM

So Pete, when are you gonna hit me up for some MP?  wonderpug sent me an invite the night before last, but I was only going to be for 30 min or so, so I turned him down...

Hopefully soon.  I've considered it from time to time, but we've had so much going on lately that I've been too distracted to actually be able to give those I invite the attention they deserve.  Plus I haven't had many time windows large enough to allow for a reasonable MP session.  Usually I have less than an hour and I don't think it is fair to anyone I invite to play for such a short period of time.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: