http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 02:01:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oblivion - Vampirism  (Read 1169 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2007, 07:26:19 PM »

For the love of god, how do I cure myself of Vampirism? I have a quest that wants me to talk to some dude in the Arcane University about a cure, but I can't reach him unless I'm a high ranking member of the mages guild (which considering im mostly melee, i have no desire to achieve). I seriously question why the heck Bethesda would force you into becoming a vampire. I mean, the game and the instruction booklet don't tell you a damn thing about it, I had to reference the strategy guide to figure out what the hell was going on. It's ruining an otherwise great gaming experience for me, always having to run indoors and rest until its dark enough for me to fast travel to cloud keeper temple just to feed on someone who is sleeping. Its utterly ridiculous and a completely poor design decision in my book mad

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 07:43:52 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on April 12, 2007, 07:26:19 PM

For the love of god, how do I cure myself of Vampirism? I have a quest that wants me to talk to some dude in the Arcane University about a cure, but I can't reach him unless I'm a high ranking member of the mages guild (which considering im mostly melee, i have no desire to achieve). I seriously question why the heck Bethesda would force you into becoming a vampire. I mean, the game and the instruction booklet don't tell you a damn thing about it, I had to reference the strategy guide to figure out what the hell was going on. It's ruining an otherwise great gaming experience for me, always having to run indoors and rest until its dark enough for me to fast travel to cloud keeper temple just to feed on someone who is sleeping. Its utterly ridiculous and a completely poor design decision in my book mad

All you really need to do is type in "curing vampirism in Oblivion" and you'll find a series of links explaining just how to do it.  The game doesn't actually "force" you into becoming a vampire, as long as you're aware of what is happening to your character.  It starts out at first as Hemophillia, and you are told immediately following a bite from a vampire that you've contracted Hemophillia.  Then you need to find a cure, which can involve drinking a special potion, or by simply praying at an alter.  But, if you don't deal with the Hemophillia, the moment you go to sleep you transform into an actual vampire, and the cure is a little more complicated than praying or drinking a potion.

Here is a link that provides some information:  How to Cure Vampirism in Oblivion.

If you only have Hemophillia you merely have to pray at an alter in one of the many churches around the land.  However, if you have full-blown Vampirism, your quest to find a cure will take a little more effort.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Once you are a vampire you need to go to the church and talk with someone at the alter. They will send you on a whirlwind tour across the country talking to different people. You will end up at a old woman's house named Draklowe. She will make you a potion, but first she will need a few ingredients. First, she will need 5 Grand Soul Gems. This part of your journey will take you the longest but, with the help of this guide I can save you a few hours. The Five places I have found Grand Soul Gems:

1)Dungeon of Miscarcand (to the west of Skingard)
2)Squardered Mine (next to Draklowe)
3)Imperial Market (Not sure which Vendor)
4)Leyawjjn (Mages Guild)
5)Bravil (Mages Guild)

Once you have the 5 Grand Soul Gems take them to Darklowe and she will give you the next part of the quest. You will need 6 cloves of Garlic, 5 Nightshade leaves and 2 Shoots of BloodGrass. You will also, need the blood of a Argonian and Vampire ashes form a Vampire named Hindaril. All of the ingredients can be found at various mage guilds and markets. The blood of a Argonian is pretty easy (there are the lizard people). There is a bum Argonian wandering around the city of Leyawjjn poke him with the dagger and you good to go. The last piece of the cure is you need to kill a powerful vampire. Darklowe will give you the exact locaction of Hindaril. Once you kill him she will give you the potion and a extra potion for a friend .

So fear not.  It can be done differently from how you describe.  Good luck.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 08:25:02 PM »

also ridah - the "first stage" of vapirism isnt that bad and doesnt really prevent you from walking in daylight.  youll notice that the longer you go without drinking blood (# of days) the stronger you get and the more powers you get.  you are also injured much, much more by sunlight.  if you drink regularly and are a decent level (nice amount of hps) you should be able to walk in sunlight without too much of a problem.  your character portrait changes to reflect how long its been since youve had a drink - if you look pretty human like, you should be good to go.  if you look like the haggard, walking dead monster that you are stay the hell out of sunlight or have a drink to return to a more sun friendly version of vampire.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 08:27:41 PM »

oh also something to think about if you are considering getting the cure...

Spoiler for Hiden:
im not sure exactly when you should talk to him (before or after you get the cure) but there is a vampire king of one of the cities (i think skingard or whatever its called).  if you talk to him (possibly while still a vampire, i cant remember exactly) youll get a quest involving curing his wife of vampirism as well
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 08:28:14 PM »

Google?

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 08:33:30 PM »

silly kobra this is a question about vampirism in oblivion - googles are in final fantasy.  got it kupo?

(god im a dork - and yes i know its a moogle for all those even DORKIER than i)
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 05:58:59 AM »

one of the downloads had an instant cure for vampirism...but once you were cured,you could never be a vampire again....

viles lair

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/theelderscrollsivoblivion/gamecontent-vilelair.htm

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 04:56:02 PM »

The instructions in that link don't tell you which church, it just says "the church". I've been to different chapels (are churches and chapels the same thing?) and the NPC that finally talked to me about Vampirism sent me to Arcane University, which I don't have full access to. Ugh, I haven't wanted to play Oblivion in days because I dont want to deal with all the stupid resting/feeding shit.

Sean Lama
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 05:04:54 PM »

Just checked another faq:

"To start off, you must talk to a prist about a "Cure for Vampirism". Or the
alternative could be to ask Vicente Valtieri, in the Dark Brotherhood. They
tell you to talk to Raminus Polus at the Arcane University. After speaking to
Polus, he directs you to Count Janus Jassildor in Skingrad, who also has been
searching for a cure"

Ok... is there a way I'm supposed to be able to talk to Raminus Polus besides getting high in the mages guild?

Sean Lama
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 06:27:49 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on April 14, 2007, 05:04:54 PM

Ok... is there a way I'm supposed to be able to talk to Raminus Polus besides getting high in the mages guild?
I've seen him just be in the lobby of the University before, so yo ushould be able to get to him just fine.  It might only be a certain time of day, though.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 06:29:21 PM by The Grue » Logged

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 07:49:59 PM »

The strategy guide you looked in also tells you how to get rid of it.

And you aren't forced into it at all. I thought the fact you could become one was very cool myself.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 08:06:47 PM »

Maybe you should stop smokin out in the mages guild, ya hippie.  Geeze!  Tongue

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 07:04:01 AM »

a patch is now up for this game...see the bottom line about a fix to the vampire cure

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13372/Shivering-Isles-Patch-is-Up-Fixes-Form-ID-Bug/

Update 1.2 Notes

New Features

10 new Xbox 360 Achievements for Shivering Isles <<<<<i dont know if this means 10 more achievements after the shivering isles extra ones,i will download it in a bit...................................EDIT:no it doesnt,i dont know why they have put this here

Bug Fixes

Improved LOD visual quality for landscape.
Optimizations to file loading system.
Taking items from dead owned creatures is no longer a crime.
Fixed issue where lock/unlocked states on doors would occasionally be stored incorrectly in a save game.
NPCs no longer pop into view after player cancels out from the Wait menu.
Fixed memory leak with sitting in a chair multiple times.
The reflection from the environment map in windows now displays properly.
Fixed an issue where player is still in combat even though the creature is no longer present.
Player can no longer fast travel when paralyzed.
Fixed infinite dialogue loop when arrested by guards who have high disposition to you.
Fixed issue where guards would not properly report crime if they were pickpocketed.
Summoned creatures properly fade away when they are created from a leveled list.
Fixed issue where stolen items would lose their stolen status if the player character was female.
Fixed crash that would occur with NPCs loading in with arrows.
Pickup sound effects no longer play during the loading screen.
If you attack a creature owned by you, crime is no longer reported.
Fixed issue with LOD not loading in properly when entering/exiting worldspaces.
Fixed infinite soul gems exploit by dropping and picking up stacked soul gems.
Fixed a crash with summoning a creature and immediately exiting the cell.
Fixed a crash with stealing an object, exiting and immediately re-entering an interior.
Fixed issue where an NPC would occasionally not perform the proper idle animation.
Fixed an occasional crash when a creature loses detection on the player.
Fixed an occasional crash with NPCs who were not loaded going into combat.
Quest Fixes
In Light the Dragonfires, fixed issue where improper journal would appear if you closed an Oblivion gate.
In Till Death do They Part, fixed an issue where Melisande would not properly give you Cure Vampirism potion.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 07:27:21 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 06:32:49 PM »

You know what is strange though is last night I loaded up the game and of course downloaded the patch, and I had trouble with an NPC being invisible but still attacking me with his bow and sword. I wasn't sure if he was simply stealthed or not, but my gut feeling was that it was a new bug from the patch. Anyone else experience this?

Sean Lama
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 06:43:22 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on May 02, 2007, 06:32:49 PM

You know what is strange though is last night I loaded up the game and of course downloaded the patch, and I had trouble with an NPC being invisible but still attacking me with his bow and sword. I wasn't sure if he was simply stealthed or not, but my gut feeling was that it was a new bug from the patch. Anyone else experience this?

Actually, there is a quest where the whole town is invisible, so it might not have been a bug

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: