http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 03:30:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oblivion-Tips , Advice and Help-Spoilerific  (Read 7314 times)
DamageInc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2006, 01:17:40 PM »

Poisoning your weapons gives you a great advantage in any fight  :wink:

Also, if you use a bow, you can poison the bow and the arrows to get a double poison affect.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2006, 05:10:43 PM »

Thumbs up  on poisioning weapons...I just  have to remember to do it  :oops:

I have a problem with the "Brotherhood  Betrayed" quest in Bruma- I am supposed to speak to the innkeeper and he is supposed to update my quest but eventhough I have him maxed out, he keeps telling me he doesnt trust me enough to give out the info....

I did a bit of cheating on wiki and know what he is gonna say and what I need to do but I wondered if anyone had problems getting him to talk?
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2006, 05:12:23 PM »

Quote from: "DamageInc"
Poisoning your weapons gives you a great advantage in any fight  :wink:

Also, if you use a bow, you can poison the bow and the arrows to get a double poison affect.

Poison the bow, find some enchanted arrows (the AoE shots of uber damage you see later on are great), and then enchant the heck out of the bow itself (I currently use a 40 shot 'limit' before recharge 5 damage a second for 2 seconds of all 3 elements on mine) to do some insane damage at range.

And then you multiply in the Sneak Attack damage... biggrin

Yeah, Alchemy has really started to unbalance things in my opinion. When poisoned, mobs drop so quickly it's not even funny.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2006, 09:18:13 PM »

Ok not sure if I messed up  a potential quest-- but then I ended up with the goods so.....

I found a dungeon with the Azura's Star without doing the quest-- and Azura's Star is a VERY VERY cool item.

Any bad things that may happen by getting a prize from a quest witout getting one?

Also, please someone tell me -- Soul Trap--- ugh i forgot how it came about in MW ... do i buy the spell?  Do I have the spell?  Do i need to be a higher level?

I totally forgot how it works but i have some things that need some recharging!
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2006, 09:20:20 PM »

Quote from: "walTer"

Also, please someone tell me -- Soul Trap--- ugh i forgot how it came about in MW ... do i buy the spell?  Do I have the spell?  Do i need to be a higher level?

I totally forgot how it works but i have some things that need some recharging!

You buy the spell.  Casr on it mob and hope you kill it will the spell is still active.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2006, 06:43:54 AM »

I found a dungeon with the Azura's Star without doing the quest-- and Azura's Star is a VERY VERY cool item.

Any bad things that may happen by getting a prize from a quest witout getting one?

Have a friend who got the Umbra sword by total accident (wandered into the dungeon before getting the quest), and nothing bad happened to him. Heck, during the main plotline of the game, you...

*minor spoiler*
Spoiler for Hiden:
pick up the Azura Star anyway, as you need a Daedric Artifact of any sort to progress the plotline

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2006, 09:44:59 PM »

Where can I buy Damage Magicka and Fortify Magicka?

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2006, 11:36:40 PM »

Quote from: "Sparhawk"
Where can I buy Damage Magicka and Fortify Magicka?

Fortify Magicka should be a Restoration spell, so check your local churches for it.

Damage Magicka would fall into the Destruction line, so...there's one place that specializes in Destruction magic (the same with all towns - each Mage Guild has mostly that type of spell)... *looks*

Skingrad. Hit Skingrad and you should hopefully find it.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2006, 11:36:58 PM »

How do I get healed from disease?

I was attacked by a rat and I contracted Bonebreak Fever.   So far all I've found are people who sell the spell Cure Disease, but not provide the service.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2006, 11:39:03 PM »

I believe praying at any alter in any church will cure you from all your afflictions, so give that a whirl.

TheMissingLink on PSN
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2006, 11:47:14 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
I believe praying at any alter in any church will cure you from all your afflictions, so give that a whirl.

will that work if  you are bitten by a vampire?
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2006, 12:07:41 AM »

It won't cure you if you've already have turned. It will cure the Hemophilia though.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2006, 12:24:47 AM »

It won't cure you if you've already have turned. It will cure the Hemophilia though.

cool - I kinda thought that but wasn't sure... thanks.
Hapfloyde
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2006, 06:12:13 AM »

I should point out that the chapels will only heal you if you've been good.  I think it has something to do with your fame vs. your infamy.  There was one point where I coulden't cure the Hemophila with chapels.  I did some good quests and they seem to fix diseases now (not that I need them to), but still won't restore my damaged attributes.

Ha, ha, ha. You have struck Hercules!
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2006, 12:38:12 PM »

cool - I kinda thought that but wasn't sure... thanks.

praying at the temple will cure porphyric hemophilia as long as you're still within the three-day window of catching the disease and have not yet slept.  i think you can be beyond the three day period and still be cured as long as you haven't gone to sleep yet.  once three days have passed and you've taken a nap, you've turned to a vampire and it's too late to go back the easy way...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2006, 01:15:05 PM »

Actually, I think you delay becoming a full fledge Vampire if you drink everynight, but if you go the 4 full days without drinking then you will turn.

Not really certain of this , but I am about to tackle my first vampire den.

Also if you can't use the Chapels of the Nine try a Daedric Shrine.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2006, 01:32:15 PM »

Quote from: "Soulchilde"
Actually, I think you delay becoming a full fledge Vampire if you drink everynight, but if you go the 4 full days without drinking then you will turn.

Not quite right. Once you become a vampire the 4 day thing is basically the vampire becoming more feral as he goes without blood, a quick drink resets the 4 day timer so you can do business int he city and then the 4 day cycle restarts.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
bluvasa
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2006, 02:13:52 PM »

What do you guys know about Luck?

I made Luck a major skill for my character, its something I do in most RPGs.

I'm unsure if it has really affected the game, thus far though.

If I kill a crab or wolf, it normally gives me 1 or 2 gold.  I haven't seen any other obvious affects, however.

Does this skill increase the odds of me succeeding in all of my rolls?
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2006, 02:47:01 PM »

Quote from: "bluvasa"

The unofficial answer to this one is yes. How much it affects things exactly I have absolutely no idea.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2006, 02:53:08 PM »

Normally, you don't get any gold at all in random animals.

I've seen it about twice in my play time up to level 13.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2006, 03:19:56 PM »

Quote from: "Turtle"

I've seen it much more than twice.  My luck is 50.  I actually hat ewhen I see gold on animals, since crabs, fish, wolves, and bears don't tend to carry much pocket change.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2006, 03:24:22 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
Quote from: "Turtle"

I've seen it much more than twice.  My luck is 50.  I actually hat ewhen I see gold on animals, since crabs, fish, wolves, and bears don't tend to carry much pocket change.

Unless you are particularly lucky.  biggrin

Personally I like when I find a wolf with a fork. A fork? Someone was hungry and chose their meal poorly.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2006, 03:37:34 PM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"
Personally I like when I find a wolf with a fork. A fork? Someone was hungry and chose their meal poorly.

Could be worse. Could be a weapon, a piece of armor, or instructions on how to cook the meat of the creature you just killed. biggrin

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2006, 04:33:37 PM »

What do you guys know about Luck?

i think they're intentionally vague about the benefits of Luck.  i do know, however, that your Luck has an effect on how often you win when betting on Arena matches...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
bluvasa
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2006, 07:59:46 PM »

I Luck skill is above 50, I can't remember the exact number right now.  

I don't think I have ever increased it by leveling up though.

I, too, find it funny picking gold off of animals.  I'll just assume it was in their stomachs, from their last meals (unlucky adventurers).

I assume I may find items that will increase my Luck.  Have any of you guys been able to increase it any other way?
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2006, 08:42:12 PM »

I assume I may find items that will increase my Luck.  Have any of you guys been able to increase it any other way?

I've found a Luck Amulet, and you can create and cast Luck boosting spells. You can also gain one Luck point per level if you choose to put your level up points into it.

Personally, I've found that it affects things in such a little amount that it wasn't worth focusing on.

bluvasa
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2006, 09:58:33 PM »

Lucky items are enough for me, thanks for the info.

Now I may gamble a little in the arena, just to see if it tips the scales in my favor. :wink:
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2006, 07:39:51 AM »

speechcraft can be VERY important in quests, and in getting decent prices at shops.

one you reach Apprentice, you should also get the ability to Rotate the levels once each time you try to persuade.  as far as i can tell, higher speechcraft makes the levels worth more Disposition points, and the maximum Disposition rises slightly.

the easiest way to get your speechcraft up:
approach anyone.  anyone at all.  open the persuasion window with the icon at the bottom of the screen.  randomly rotate the stick (or d-pad) and press the A button rapidly.  this will get you a lot of failures, true, and you may even reach 0 Disposition with the person you are trying to persuade, but that DOESN'T MATTER.  you can continue to persuade a person until you have obtained the maximum Disposition possible for that person (generally around 70-80).  by doing this 'rapid-tap' sort of random persuasion, you will rise in speechcraft levels much more quickly than usual.

however, you must still know how to properly persuade to get the benefits of a high speechcraft.  i just got journeyman, myself, and i still have problems at times, by getting a bad draw on the levels.

prices in shops vary based on several factors: the shopkeeper, his Disposition toward you, his Mercantile skill, and your Mercantile skill.  you will get the best prices from a shopkeeper who has lower Mercantile skill than yours and likes you a lot.  since Mercantile skill only goes up through buying and selling, this can be troublesome for people who can't carry large loads of loot to make good money, but there are ways around this (the Feather spell or Feather potions).

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2006, 05:13:11 PM »

Anyone who hasn't finished the quest to get your wood for your Mage's Staff (just after getting into the Arcane university) has a chance to get some extra potions, scrolls, and weapons.  I, of course, did this by accident, because sometimes I'm quite dense!  I finally figured out what happened:

Go to the cave you must go to - Wellspring Cave - where you are supposed to talk to one of two mages there to pick out the wood.  To not spoil it for you, too much, I'll just say this:  

PRETTY MILD SPOILER:

in the first room, kill a bad guy (the one standing, lol) - then go to the dead body that was already there.  Take all you want from both bodies, except DO NOT take the key from the person you didn't kill.  Go through the rest of the cave, do everything you can, collect everything you can, and then leave.  Go back to the entrance, and when you re-enter, the original live person should be back alive, with more stuff on them.  If you want potions, scrolls, and weapons - try doing it again to see if it works the same. There was a fair amount of heavy weaponry so u may need a fast travel to your favorite fence or weapon dealer.  I took the key the second time, because I wanted to move on... but I'm guessing it would work more than once.

Good luck!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2006, 01:06:31 AM »

Daedric armor and weapons are HEAVY.
None of the shops I visit can really afford it anyway.
Anybody know what shop offers the most money for stuff?

When doing my loot hauls I feel like I need a calculator handy while trying to figure out weight/value ratios to get the most bang for my buck.

I pick up everything I come across and search every nook and cranny.  I have 40,000+ gold but I still get excited when I find a sack with a single gold piece in it. :lol:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2006, 02:48:24 PM »

Shopping at the same stores also increases disposition.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2006, 12:01:03 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
Daedric armor and weapons are HEAVY.
None of the shops I visit can really afford it anyway.
Anybody know what shop offers the most money for stuff?

When doing my loot hauls I feel like I need a calculator handy while trying to figure out weight/value ratios to get the most bang for my buck.

I pick up everything I come across and search every nook and cranny.  I have 40,000+ gold but I still get excited when I find a sack with a single gold piece in it. :lol:

The one weapon shop in Imperial City Marketplac district has 1200 gold.  It is the shop next to the inn.

As an aside... I am somewhat stuck on a small quest.  I just did the quest involving being live prey, and found some wine hidden in a chest that I had to jump a bit to get to.  When I picked it up I got a quest that the label was barely readable but that I should find someone who might know more about it.  Anyone have any ideas on this wine?
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2006, 03:10:35 AM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
As an aside... I am somewhat stuck on a small quest.  I just did the quest involving being live prey, and found some wine hidden in a chest that I had to jump a bit to get to.  When I picked it up I got a quest that the label was barely readable but that I should find someone who might know more about it.  Anyone have any ideas on this wine?

There is a woman somewhere looking for x bottles of that specific wine.  I've talked to the woman and found one chest of the wine.

The quest is called "A Venerable Vintage" and you need to take 6 bottles of Shadowbanish Wine to her at the Wawnet Inn near the bridge into the Imperial City.

The wine is found at some of the ruined forts around the world.  I've been to a lot of forts but have only found one stash.

So has anybody found anyone that will pay more than 1200 gold for items?  I thought I was rich with 50,000+ gold but then I bought a house and started to furnish it.  I think I've only bought half the furnishings so far and I have spent 45k on that stuff (25k on the house, 20k on furnishings).  I still have plenty to sell, but I hate to sell my Daedric stuff for a mere fraction of cost.  I guess if I find more I will just take the loss.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2006, 10:30:20 AM »

There is a woman somewhere looking for x bottles of that specific wine.  I've talked to the woman and found one chest of the wine.

The quest is called "A Venerable Vintage" and you need to take 6 bottles of Shadowbanish Wine to her at the Wawnet Inn near the bridge into the Imperial City.

The wine is found at some of the ruined forts around the world.  I've been to a lot of forts but have only found one stash.

So has anybody found anyone that will pay more than 1200 gold for items?  I thought I was rich with 50,000+ gold but then I bought a house and started to furnish it.  I think I've only bought half the furnishings so far and I have spent 45k on that stuff (25k on the house, 20k on furnishings).  I still have plenty to sell, but I hate to sell my Daedric stuff for a mere fraction of cost.  I guess if I find more I will just take the loss.

Thanks for the heads up.  Keep in mind that at skill 75 I believe in merchantile vendors will have 500 more gold.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2006, 02:31:14 AM »

Thanks for the heads up.  Keep in mind that at skill 75 I believe in merchantile vendors will have 500 more gold.

Thanks.  I finally found out what the "Stores Invested In" means, and apparently it means you can invest in stores and they will offer more gold for items.  I might have been bitten by that mercantile bug because my skill is pretty bad even though I've been buying and selling like crazy and it's still like 30 or something.

I cleaned out a necromancer nest and took three trips back and forth dragging Daedric maces home.  I have a nice collection just collecting dust in a chest since I am too stubborn to sell them for pennies on the dollar.  I did get my house fully stocked.  And that's just ONE house.  I wonder if you can do this with other houses?  I only own two and this was not an option in my Anvil house (though it had its own...issues).

I think by the time I am done with this, or should I say by the time I move past the second step of the main quest, I will have done pretty much every optional quest.  I am trying to do one guild at a time but I keep running into people that want something on my journey.  I just can't say no!  I didn't even WANT to do the mage guild quest right now but I somehow got roped into it.

That Ninroot quest is going to be the death of me. frown

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2006, 02:50:18 PM »

So has anybody found anyone that will pay more than 1200 gold for items? I thought I was rich with 50,000+ gold but then I bought a house and started to furnish it. I think I've only bought half the furnishings so far and I have spent 45k on that stuff (25k on the house, 20k on furnishings). I still have plenty to sell, but I hate to sell my Daedric stuff for a mere fraction of cost. I guess if I find more I will just take the loss.

Oh, Stiff, you are hysterical - first of all, try to remember that this is not Animal Crossing or the Sims, lol - you don't have to have every house or every single bit of furniture!  Did you never play Morrowind?  That was even better, you could take almost anything from the environment and place it accurately, not just fling it.  We had torches and skulls and candles, etc. and you could even put a torch down, add another on top of it, maybe a third, then remove the bottom ones, so u had a torch in the air, or a skull, lol.

I haven't gotten to any furnishings yet, just using the cabinets that are in my one (Anvil) house to store my alchemy ingredients, etc.   Also, I haven't done any enchanting myself yet, but IF it's similar to Morrowind, you'll want to hang onto some of that Daedric stuff - in M'wind it was great for enchanting. I had a Daedric cuirass and shield enchanted for strength (plus one point of whatever it was to keep from getting hurt when falling from great distances, and a few points of fortify fatigue) - I was like a pack mule when it came to hauling loot, my fatigue never dropped, andyou could carry 8 pounds per point of strength - and could jump off mountains without being hurt, lol. I haven's seen the spell anywhere yet - wish I could remember the name of it, maybe Soft Fall, or similar , so it may not exist in Oblivion.  If it does, and it's siimilar, if you use more than one point, it takes forever to land when you jump, lol... so be careful of that.  

Now that I've teased you about the houses and furniture, I have to tell you that I'm always eating ingredients and dropping cheaper items to get unencumbered.  And I agree with you - one gold coin in one of 18 chests, and my day is made, lol!

Oh, yeah - and are you doing everything you can when you barter?  Do you use the persuasion AND the haggling? If not, then you arent' getting the max you can get from everyone you are dealing with.  :wink:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

phormio
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2006, 10:58:18 PM »

That Ninroot quest is going to be the death of me. frown

For real. I had to go off and do some other things for awhile after I got to the third "part". That guy is never satisfied  :wink:

Actually you can sort of keep "doing" that quest while you do other things, so I'm just doing it in my spare time now.

I'm at level 14 and I haven't touched the main quest since the beginning..., I LOVE this game!

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them." --Mitch Hedberg
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2006, 01:34:10 AM »

Myto, I think the spell is feather, but I don't think it actually makes you floaty like you described.  Just means I can carry more stuff.

I wish it were easier to place stuff.  I wanted to put a staff in a display case and it took forever to position it right.  And don't even get me started on the time I accidentally knocked a silver goblet off the table in my bedroom.  Took me 10 minutes to get it righted and on the table.  After that I just don't walk over there anymore.  So I just throw everything in chests.  I have my armor/weapons chest, my key/stone chest, my book chest, an ingredient chest, and a "junk" chest where I toss the crap that I don't want.

I have a bit of everything Daedric just sitting in a chest.  Gotta say that stuff looks hot.  I'd call the Imperial Legion if I were a poor beggar on the corner when my character walked into town.  Should have seen me with my weird animal skull helmet!  Now I have some goofy cone thing.

I've put a lot of time in doing this and that but I still discover new things.  I haven't enchanted anything nor have I made a spell of my own.

I did finally get my house fully furnished!  Man, that Morrowind stuff sounds fantastic.  Might give me something to play around with this summer with all the mods and whatnot.

I'm working on the bartering thing.  Pump up their disposition and then play with the slider.  My mercantile skill isn't very good so I am usually stuck near the middle.

Would you believe I actually ran out of money today?  I thought my game was broken when I went to train.  I trained twice and the third time the button was greyed out so I couldn't select "train" anymore.  I even loaded my game and that didn't work.  Seems I was down to 100 gold or so.  Luckily I was in a mage guild so I just picked up all the alchemy equipment and sold it to him.  Problem solved!

My only regret is not having a week off to play this.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2006, 03:04:35 PM »

Myto, I think the spell is feather, but I don't think it actually makes you floaty like you described. Just means I can carry more stuff.

I remember what it was, now - but in Morrowind. I haven't seen it yet in Oblivion, so it may not exist.  It was called "Slow Fall" and the reason I used it was for when you were flying - excuse me, levitating (which I also haven't seen yet in IV) - with a time limit, like a scroll or potion.  I figured you'd need several points of it, so I added that to something, and found out that when you fell, or jumped really high, you would float back to earth.  Even when you were just running and jumping, lol - slowed you down immensely.  So I changed it to a single point which was hardly noticeable, but you never got hurt, even if you fell from miles up.  Lol, there was also some kind of Jump or high jump or something you could add, or make a potion of, and you'd literally go so far up into the air that you couldnt see anything at all.  Lol, and all this without mods, all on the XBox!

I can see three out of the four effects on alchemy ingredients on Oblivion, and so far, don't recall seeing any levitation, high jump, or Slow Fall effects yet, so they may not exist in Oblivion.  frown

But there is "Fortify Speed" lol, so there is something to work with.  In Morrowind, we used to enchant a ring with Constant Effect Levitation, then make Fortify Intelligence potions (to crank your alchemy ability through the roof, another thing I think may not be true anymore), drink those, then make various potions, including Fortify Speed, which were "through the roof" potent!   You would fly across the land so fast, that all you would see go by were constant messages: "Loading Area... Loading Area... Loading Area..."  It was absolutely hysterical!  :lol:

I really would love it if Bethesda would make a glitch-free version of Morrowind for the 360 (hint, hint) so folks who love Oblivion could perhaps play Morrowind if they missed it.  It's not the same game, but better in some ways, actually. Oblivion is better in other ways, they're both great games, IMO, of course, just a bit different. Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

walTer

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2006, 03:24:20 PM »

Yup, no flying in Oblivion- and no super jump as it were.  It makes some areas off limits- no more jumping up to top windows and sneaking in houses and such but the addition of fast travel kind of makes up for it.

85 hours in and I am STILL totally obsessed....woot- 12 hours and i get to play again..yay!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: