http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 07:28:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oblivion - Thieves Guild  (Read 785 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: March 29, 2006, 08:46:46 PM »

I just completed the Thieves Guild line of quests.  PM me if you have any questions at all.  

That said...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Ok, so I get the uberthief hat that I can't wear anywhere but inside a dungeon as people tend to 'recognize it', and I can 'run' the guild.  Uh..where is the 'run' part?  I can't do anything with the guild!  They don't provide any income or anything.  Am I missing something?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Mattc0m

Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 09:32:42 PM »

Hehe, I'm on the final quest myself.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Just hit that statue with the Key Arrow or whatever it was called. A lot more dungeon crawling so far for a Thieves Guild mission, which I wasn't expecting. I already had figured out the final "gift" just by the hints dropped from the man himself, but I'm wondering if you can read the Elder Scroll, and it says to you.

edit: I typed in "quote" instead of "spolier"... whoops.

matt "mattc0m" richards
new project: GamesCast TV: eSports Television
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 09:42:18 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
I just completed the Thieves Guild line of quests.  PM me if you have any questions at all.  

That said...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Ok, so I get the uberthief hat that I can't wear anywhere but inside a dungeon as people tend to 'recognize it', and I can 'run' the guild.  Uh..where is the 'run' part?  I can't do anything with the guild!  They don't provide any income or anything.  Am I missing something?

Spoiler for Hiden:
I was pretty disappointed with the outcome of the Thieves Guild Saga as well. I expected to at least "get my cut" or something. From what I recall from the strategy guide, the only benifits are: you have a guild hall and the fence and arman regularly show up so you don't have to chase them, and the cowl. The main benifit of the cowl is that if you commit a crime, the cowl character gets the bounty. As soon as you take off the cowl, your main character doesn't have one. Haven't actually tried ityet though. I would have liked to have been able to send people out on missions, get payments, have people come to me to absolve them of guild misconduct, etc...
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 09:49:26 PM »

Quote from: "Punisher"
Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"

That said...

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I was pretty disappointed with the outcome of the Thieves Guild Saga as well. I expected to at least "get my cut" or something. From what I recall from the strategy guide, the only benifits are: you have a guild hall and the fence and arman regularly show up so you don't have to chase them, and the cowl. The main benifit of the cowl is that if you commit a crime, the cowl character gets the bounty. As soon as you take off the cowl, your main character doesn't have one. Haven't actually tried ityet though. I would have liked to have been able to send people out on missions, get payments, have people come to me to absolve them of guild misconduct, etc...

Oh EXACTLY!  Somebody has to mod that in.  I want to do all of those things as the head of ANY guild.  I didn't know about the stuff with the item though, I'll have to try that out.  I've completed the Thieves Guild missions on the PC and the 360. (I can't help it...I'm a klepto in every Elder Scrolls game I play I guess)

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 12:59:25 AM »

(I can't help it...I'm a klepto in every Elder Scrolls game I play I guess)

Yeah, don't know why - but me too!  I couldn't force myself to play the dark side in Kotor, but I stole everything in Morrowind that wasn't nailed down.. and some that was.Cool

I didnt look at any spoilers - lol, even the quoted one - bcz i'm still doing my FFXI marathon play until the beta ends Sunday night.  THEN a tiny break from gaming, for the Red Sox opening day game...

Then it's Oblivion-city, baby!  :twisted:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 03:51:21 AM »

yeah i never stray to the dark side(KOTOR/FABLE)...i have become a blade in oblivion...so i guess i'm a goodie :?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 04:00:28 AM »

Its a theme for me.  For instance - Black and White?  I had a COMPLETELY good creature, with a black hand and evil tower.  *shrug*  I just can't stay on the good side for long.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: