http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 07:43:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oblivion mod help  (Read 6559 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 12:57:27 AM »

Im thinking of reloading it soon myself. Im only interested in graphics and sound mods with maybe someweps or armor tossed in.I dont like game changing ones though. I have no idea what to get these days thats really good. I remember Qarls and such in the old days. There was also Texans lighting mod that rocked. Loved that church at night in one of those first towns.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Corvus Corax
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 05:03:14 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on May 15, 2008, 12:57:27 AM

Im thinking of reloading it soon myself. Im only interested in graphics and sound mods with maybe someweps or armor tossed in.I dont like game changing ones though. I have no idea what to get these days thats really good. I remember Qarls and such in the old days. There was also Texans lighting mod that rocked. Loved that church at night in one of those first towns.

Yeah, I'm overwhelmed by the number of available mods now (though this thread has proven useful for making some sense out of them).  So far, I sticking with the vanilla game.  I'm currently playing the Mehrune's Razor quest from the KotN collection.  The only problem is my char is a little too ueber (probably why I got bored and quit playing 2 years back).  At L36 his base stats are maxed (except luck).  Fully equipped, everything is much higher and he reflects 100% of damage back on his attacker and also sucks life, so he's effectively unkillable. Maybe it's time to crank the difficulty slider hard over....or start a new char.  icon_smile
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 02:52:10 PM »

The guys over at Popehat are working on a easy to use compilation.  Looks great so far....

http://www.popehat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=714

morlac00 on PSN
Cota
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2008, 03:22:27 PM »

Where are you guys getting these mods at? I wanted to try the Francesco leveling thing, but I don't want to pay to download it or sign up for who knows what to get it. Is there some reputable free site you guys use?

-Cota
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2008, 05:02:20 PM »

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=oblivionmods.detail&id=268

Planetelderscrolls.com has just about everything.

morlac00 on PSN
Cota
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2008, 05:58:36 PM »

Yeah, but you have to sign up for some sort of account, or buy something there to download that file.

-Cota
Skylark
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2008, 12:42:13 AM »

Quote from: Cota on May 23, 2008, 05:58:36 PM

Yeah, but you have to sign up for some sort of account, or buy something there to download that file.

It's a free account.

Not sure if there are mirrors for Francesco's, check Google. Most are on TESNexus (also requires an account to download large mods). I suggest you just sign up to both.

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2008, 01:55:19 PM »

Quote from: Cota on May 23, 2008, 05:58:36 PM

-Cota
Planetelderscrolls is about as reputable as you can get.
You are really that adverse to signing up for a free account to be able to use their bandwidth?  Are you that paranoid or what exactly?  I'm almost positive I have never received anything but a registration email from them.  You know you had to sign up here to post right?

morlac00 on PSN
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2008, 02:32:28 AM »

Have'nt reread this thread so this may be posted in here already...but anyways I found a very good mod site..thought Id share.

http://devnull.devakm.googlepages.com/other

Skylark
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2008, 02:21:52 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on August 08, 2008, 02:32:28 AM

Yep, dev_akm's site is a treasure trove. Check out his Quest List too, which is split in two (big and small quest mods). You can easily quadruple the content of the game by installing only a few of those mods, and most are very high quality and blend right into the world that Bethesda created.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2008, 03:41:28 AM »

I remember buying that thief hideout for Oblivion from Bethesda. Was really cool having my own hideout and gang that would go steal for me and having trainers and stores and such. Hope I still have that somewhere when I decide to reinstall.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: