http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 05:01:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oblivion for the PS3 and PSP  (Read 3310 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2006, 06:04:06 AM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on September 28, 2006, 02:44:01 AM

I will be amazed if the PS3 isn't available on the PS3 launch date.  Tongue

Nice.

BTW - from what I've been hearing, the PSP version will be more like the cell phone Elder Scrolls games than the current version we know and love on the PC/360. The PSP just doesn't have the oomph to play the game properly.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2006, 12:19:40 PM »

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154065

Here's what we know so far. The game will introduce a new faction to the Oblivion world, one that's available right at the beginning called Knights of the Nine and described by the developers as "the good Dark Brotherhood." The goal here is to become the Divine Crusader (think part warrior, part priest), and the quest features new locations, characters, armor and weapons.

"Oblivion has these really good character archetypes for evil," says executive producer Todd Howard. "It has the Dark Brotherhood: You get your outfit, you feel like an assassin, you feel like an evil guy, [and] you role-play like an evil guy. We [didn't] have the opposite end of that. There [was] very little reward for being a goody two-shoes."

Sounds like exactly what Starshifter would be looking for in a game.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2006, 12:36:51 PM »

Wow.  So I was right!?   saywhat

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2006, 05:02:55 PM »

Hopefully the Knights of the Nine questline, to include the new armor, weapons, and NPCs, will be available as an official mod download for the 360 and PC. 
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2006, 06:46:08 PM »

I remember there was a thread in GAF a while back from one guy who was predicting all these crazy things like the PSP Value Pack, Oblivion for PS3, etc. etc. Everyone called him flatout crazy, but it is interesting to see that he's been right about pretty much everything so far. Heh.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2006, 11:34:07 PM »

From OXM (which I got for free - thanks GT!):

1) New faction for Oblivion on the PS3. The Knights guys you were all talking about before. They're the uber-paladins of the world, and you'll be able to go artifact hunting and whatnot with the new faction. You can NOT do anything that would up your infamy rating while you're doing it though as you'll lose all your bonuses obtained.

2) Graphics are very slightly better on the PS3 (in shown screenshots). Looks like they're using a different filtering feature to hide the unsightly 'line' between high definition ground and the low definition ground. That's about it.

3) Downloads are an unknown at this point. The code allows it, but they have no idea how the online component will work with the PS3.

4) The PSP version is full 3d like Oblivion, but will be entirely dungeon/Oblivion based. Looks very good though all things considered.

5) Oblivion for the PS3 is expected to be a launch title.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2006, 12:06:12 AM »

Don't you mean OPM?  icon_wink

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2006, 05:31:53 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on October 06, 2006, 12:06:12 AM

Don't you mean OPM?  icon_wink

OPM, OXM, whatever. All I know it's a magazine that I wouldn't otherwise read if it wasn't for GT.  icon_smile

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2006, 02:00:05 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on April 26, 2006, 02:45:37 AM

Yea, this sounds like BS to me.

I'd like to recant my previous statement by the way.  Wonder how its gonna be on the PSP...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2006, 06:08:50 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on October 06, 2006, 02:00:05 PM

Wonder how its gonna be on the PSP...

The screenshots shown actually look very good. It looks full 3D, but obviously nowhere near as good looking as the 'real' game it's based off of.

EDIT: Here are the scans from the magazine. Take a look and see what you think.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 11:32:36 PM by Destructor » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: