http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 07:03:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oblivion E3 Info  (Read 2462 times)
AgtFox
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 16, 2005, 02:39:44 PM »

Was reading through some press releases and noticed that Oblivion is only being shown by appointment only, so it probably won't be out on display for the regular public.  I believe Ron has a meeting on Friday morning with Bethesda, so you'll hear more from him after that probably.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 07:55:31 PM »

Yep, they are going to be running the demo behind closed doors only. From what I have read, it's going to be about a 25 minute demo and Todd Howard will be playing it, showing off various things in the game.

Please come back with lots of good info!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 11:51:32 PM »

Got this from Kathode from a post over at the official forums! Looks like Oblivion will be shown tonight at the Microsoft Press Conference.

To be perfectly honest with you, I've only heard rumors. BUT, if the rumors are true, you'll want to watch.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 11:54:08 PM »

Its a bad sign when a game is shown by appointment only.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 12:05:02 AM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"

Why? They want to show their game to those who can best show it off, and not the 'unruly masses'.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 12:13:06 AM »

Exactly. It's not a bad sign at all.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 03:39:42 PM »

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050516/lam142.html

Winter 2005 for PC and Xbox 360! smile

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 03:48:27 PM »

Have they given any hints about how strong a PC you'll need for this?
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2005, 12:09:49 AM »

So...did Ron get to see the game in action today?

Any impressions?? smile

th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2005, 12:11:29 AM »

Two words- FUCKING AWESOME

....more to come..... unibrow

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2005, 01:56:24 AM »

Quote from: "th'FOOL"
Two words- FUCKING AWESOME

....more to come..... unibrow

biggrin  biggrin  biggrin

Can't wait!

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2005, 07:15:41 PM »

And that is how long I've been waiting!  I never wanted a summer to go by so fast (when it gets here) in my life!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2005, 01:04:27 AM »

Nah, they are just controlling the flow of information.  It was absolutely the best thing I saw at E3, hands down.  Mike and I will be working on our own impressions from the demo but let me just describe something...

Arrow one flies through the air and sticks in a bucket.  The bucket is slammed backwards and pitches back and forth from the volley.  As the arrow comes to rest you realize that there is a slight tilt to the bucket from the weight of the arror.  Arrow two flies through the air and rips into the side of the bucket.  As it comes to rest, the physics have recalculated the bucket position and it is now really leaning to one side due to the weight of the pair of arrows combined.  When we pull out a single arrow the physics are once again recomputed and the bucket leands slightly less.

Absolutely...Amazing.  Best of Show, we are making the graphics to say so.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2005, 01:36:39 AM »

Oh, man, this hurts bad - really, really baaaaad!  Far worse than any of the Christmas Days I ever waited for as a kid.  Worse than waiting for a driver's license, or my first car, or my 21st birthday, or - anything... how can i stand it! :cry:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2005, 01:42:21 AM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
Oh, man, this hurts bad - really, really baaaaad!  Far worse than any of the Christmas Days I ever waited for as a kid.  Worse than waiting for a driver's license, or my first car, or my 21st birthday, or - anything... how can i stand it! :cry:

I know.

I wish it was November already. It's going to be a LONG summer...

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2005, 01:43:18 AM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"

Nah, they are just controlling the flow of information.  It was absolutely the best thing I saw at E3, hands down.  Mike and I will be working on our own impressions from the demo but let me just describe something...

Arrow one flies through the air and sticks in a bucket.  The bucket is slammed backwards and pitches back and forth from the volley.  As the arrow comes to rest you realize that there is a slight tilt to the bucket from the weight of the arror.  Arrow two flies through the air and rips into the side of the bucket.  As it comes to rest, the physics have recalculated the bucket position and it is now really leaning to one side due to the weight of the pair of arrows combined.  When we pull out a single arrow the physics are once again recomputed and the bucket leands slightly less.

Absolutely...Amazing.  Best of Show, we are making the graphics to say so.

I can't wait for your full impressions, Ron.

Oblivion seems to be the smash hit of the show, from the people that were lucky enough to have seen it.

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2005, 02:43:46 AM »

No, we do it for all our marquee stuff and will always do it as far as I am concerned.  Think about this, which would you prefer? 1) A game shown on a small LCD screen among the TREMENDOUS noise and light show that makes up the e3 floor.  You press up against a huge crowd staring at the monitors, everyone jockeying for position in front and behind you, while people try and get through to the other booths and push you out of the way.

OR
2) An small, air-conditioned room with theater-style seats (drink holders included), a 63-inch plasma screen, a large bowl with waters and sodas on ice in the back, and a full 5.1 sound system cranked.

I'd go with number two myself smile

Nice meeting you Ron and the other guy who's name/handle I unfortunately didn't catch!
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2005, 05:30:23 AM »

c) All Console Gold Staff get to see it, get Oblivion Shirts that We Drooled Over All E3. biggrin

(Yes, I'm kidding.  The trailer looks sweet, which is what I saw.  Good luck with the game, Kathode. smile )
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2005, 02:20:03 PM »

Hey Kathode, I was the other guy biggrin  Mike Dunn.  Nice meeting you as well and I can't wait for both Oblivion and Call of Cthulu!

Mike Dunn
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2005, 05:03:58 PM »

I can't help myself - I've already put my first bid in on eBay for an Oblivion t-shirt, lol...

Anything else I should be looking for? :roll:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2005, 06:33:47 PM »

Quote from: "kathode"
No, we do it for all our marquee stuff and will always do it as far as I am concerned.  Think about this, which would you prefer? 1) A game shown on a small LCD screen among the TREMENDOUS noise and light show that makes up the e3 floor.  You press up against a huge crowd staring at the monitors, everyone jockeying for position in front and behind you, while people try and get through to the other booths and push you out of the way.

OR
2) An small, air-conditioned room with theater-style seats (drink holders included), a 63-inch plasma screen, a large bowl with waters and sodas on ice in the back, and a full 5.1 sound system cranked.

Nice meeting you Ron and the other guy who's name/handle I unfortunately didn't catch!

Yeah guess so put that way. Id always heard the show floor was noisy but never realized how bad till I saw a show on G4 and Im surprised people can stand there for an hour never mind all day.

I hope its going good too cause Oblivion and Empire at War are the only 2 games Im lookingforward to.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2005, 09:15:15 PM »

Quote from: "kathode"

OR

I understand your reasons but we can look at it another way.

1. where you get to play the game yourself.  Doing the things you want, seeing how the world reacts to your unscripted actions.

2. with someone else controlling everything making sure only to do specific stuff which works right.

Those seem to be equally true statements to yours and I would pick #1 when they are described that way.

Oh and since I wasn't there I would take whatever was offered.

th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2005, 09:40:39 PM »

Having been on the E3 floor trying to decipher what a rep was telling me about a game through the noise pollution surrounding us, I can tell you I much preferred what Bethesda did.

Mike Dunn
VXSS
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2005, 02:49:21 AM »

Having worked on the game for years now, I got to stand in the back of the demo room during one demostration and it still floored me. Watching the expressions on visitor's faces and hearing them gasp and oogle over certain events and such was quite comforting. When you go into E3 with your title, you pray to the videogame gods that your game performs and surprises all that see it, and I feel that the videogame gods were on our side this year. Oblivion has been getting great press since E3 and I am glad to see that the team's hard work has paid off well.

Next step.... going gold and making the ship date!!!!

Gary Noonan | animator
Bethesda Game Studios
ZeniMax Media, Inc.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2005, 03:18:42 AM »

Quote from: "VXSS"
Having worked on the game for years now, I got to stand in the back of the demo room during one demostration and it still floored me. Watching the expressions on visitor's faces and hearing them gasp and oogle over certain events and such was quite comforting. When you go into E3 with your title, you pray to the videogame gods that your game performs and surprises all that see it, and I feel that the videogame gods were on our side this year. Oblivion has been getting great press since E3 and I am glad to see that the team's hard work has paid off well.

Gary lies!!! He LIES!!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2005, 11:04:54 AM »

Quote from: "VXSS"

Yes...get back to work!!!!!  biggrin

We are all dying to play this game, so hurry up already!   :wink:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: