http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 01:29:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NWN Multiclass Question  (Read 832 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2004, 11:15:13 AM »

In Neverwinter Nights, does the multiclass EXP penalty apply to prestige classes?  I plan to level up to 10 or so as a druid, and then start levelling up as a Shifter.  Will I suffer the EXP penalty since my levels aren't within 1 of each other?  Also, I am an Elf, so the human/half-elf exemption won't apply.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Autistic Angel
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 02:39:26 PM »

Prestige classes in the d20 system are considered to be an extension of your character's original class -- he or she would typically need to fulfill very specific criteria in order to even be eligible for advancement into a prestige class, and even then your character might have to jump through a few hoops to secure the proper training.  It depends on how the DM or the videogame wants to play it.  Either way, prestige classes aren't really "multiclassing" in the normal sense, so there should not be any experience penalty.

That said, Neverwinter Nights had a number of experience bugs when I played it.  My personal favorite was how keeping a summoned Level 1 creature around would cause the game to radically miscalculate your party's Average Level and begin awarding everyone lots of extra experience.  I don't know anything about a bug in the way the game handles prestige classes, and the recent round of patches may have fixed any bug that once existed, but it's worth noting that Neverwinter Nights doesn't always adhere properly to the book on these matters.

-Autistic Angel
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: