http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 06:36:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NWN Gold Manual  (Read 1611 times)
zinckiwi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2005, 10:38:53 PM »

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of picking up NWN Gold, even though I have all its constituent parts, because I've misplaced my original manual so don't have the key for installation anymore. I'd be more tempted to bite the bullet if I knew the manual was written with no misinformation and the epic rules stuff all integrated, rather than the manuals for the three separate products just lumped in the box. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks.

Edit: Doh. I mean NWN Platinum.
Boxcar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 01:38:55 AM »

The NWN Platinum manual doesn't seem to have any misinformation in it. It's a nice spiral bound manual that combines the info for the original game and the 2 expansions (including the prestige classes, epic rules, etc.).

Three installation keys (one for each game) were nicely printed inside the front cover. Definitely one of the better manuals out there.

This is for the DVD version of NWN Platinum. I'd imagine it's the same for the CD-ROM version.
zinckiwi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 02:23:25 AM »

Excellent, just the info I was looking for. Thanks!
Zitterbacke
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 01:10:54 AM »

I own the original NWN and then bought the Gold Edition.
Which shouldn't be named Gold Edition, but "Game CD's in a Box-Edition".
Sorry Atari/Bioware...I payed for Gold, not Bald. Where is the combined Manual? That goes only with the Platium DVD Edition? I had no DVD when I bought the Gold one, and the Platinum wasn't out.
I registered with my Keys, just offer it for download to registered users at least.

BF2: BanthaPooDoh
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 07:38:15 AM »

You didn't get a manual at all?  You should have - my Gold Edition came with a full, spiral bound combined manual and a foldout case for the CDs.  I doubt they'd put out two versions of it, so you might have gotten either a used, or at least opened, copy.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
zinckiwi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 10:43:12 AM »

Picked it up and am very happy with it. It's a nice manual indeed; much better than trying to reconcile three different ones with conflicting information. I'm even tempted by the larger of the two official "premium" modules.
Zitterbacke
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2005, 10:42:30 PM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
You didn't get a manual at all?  You should have - my Gold Edition came with a full, spiral bound combined manual and a foldout case for the CDs.  I doubt they'd put out two versions of it, so you might have gotten either a used, or at least opened, copy.

Nope, it is the german version, sealed...another prove of my conspiration theory...we europeans endow the american games market.

BF2: BanthaPooDoh
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 06:19:13 PM »

I'm a little confused on NWN Platinum.  Does it come in both CD and DVD versions?

Do both versions come with a nice spiral printed manual, or just the DVD version?

I want to pick this up, but I want to make sure I get a printed manual.

Thanks.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
zinckiwi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 08:28:56 PM »

They only have the CD edition here, and I have the same manual Boxcar reported. Buy and enjoy smile
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 10:51:13 PM »

Quote from: "zinckiwi"
They only have the CD edition here, and I have the same manual Boxcar reported. Buy and enjoy smile

Good to hear, though is it possible that the US CD version does not have the manual?

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
zinckiwi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 12:12:47 AM »

Yep, that's possible. Can't speak to the US version specifically. Seems like the NZ version has the good stuff and the European version has the crap stuff, so roll the dice or wait till someone else shows up smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: