http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 01:57:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now THIS is what the PSP needs!  (Read 1304 times)
Farscry
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2006, 08:43:28 PM »

This looks awesome!

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0607/game060723a.shtml

If enough stuff like this were to come out for the PSP (and no, what we've seen so far hasn't really interested me that much up to now aside from a few interesting titles), I'd be much more interested in getting one.

Of course, I'd be happier if it gets ported to the PS2 so I don't have to buy another system, but maybe when the PSP gets drop-kicked in price it might be worthwhile to grab one for a couple of titles.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 09:30:47 PM »

I really dig the graphics.  That will look amazing on the beautiful PSP screen.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 09:37:12 PM »

It's by Level 5.  I will whorishly buy anything they make.
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 09:46:12 PM »

First time I've envied anything the PSP has to offer. Still not enough to make me buy one, though. Looks pretty wicked, wish they'd port it to the PS2 =P
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 10:18:21 PM »

weird - hadn't heard of this game til yesterday, when i was scrolling thru gametrailers. finally, an interesting-looking srpg for the psp (took a while, eh?)...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 10:41:28 PM »

Quote from: "warning"

I'm pretty much there, but there still isn't enough for the PSP yet to justify the purchase for me.

The system gets more stuff like this, though, and just like the PS2 and X-Box, I'll pick one up to get the worthwhile games.  smile

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 11:17:45 PM »

"weird - hadn't heard of this game til yesterday"
That's probably because it was only announced a few days ago slywink

Between this game and Valkyrie Profile, the PSP has moved into my "May buy it when it's down to $100" category.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
warning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 02:44:45 AM »

Quote from: "Farscry"
Quote from: "warning"

I'm pretty much there, but there still isn't enough for the PSP yet to justify the purchase for me.

The system gets more stuff like this, though, and just like the PS2 and X-Box, I'll pick one up to get the worthwhile games.  smile

Hot Shots Golf on the go was enough for me.  This is just icing.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 03:39:17 AM »

Farscry, EddieA: You guys need some PSP goodness.  VALKYRIE PROFILE, Tales of Eternia, THIS - come on now!  Go to craigslist and pick up a cheap one!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 03:43:06 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
Farscry, EddieA: You guys need some PSP goodness.  VALKYRIE PROFILE, Tales of Eternia, THIS - come on now!  Go to craigslist and pick up a cheap one!

Speaking of Tales of Eternia, what's the cheapest place to get a copy of the European release?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
depward

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 03:54:56 AM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"

Speaking of Tales of Eternia, what's the cheapest place to get a copy of the European release?

I heard that a seller on Ebay was pushing these for around $40~45 shipped (though I do not see any up currently), which is probably the best deal you can get for this game.  That seller is this one - perhaps if you're really interested you can message him and see if he'll sell... looks like he had some copies left over:

Ebay seller

Other than that... I would still say look for a copy on Ebay or at Bestsku.com (the search URL is right here).  Lik-sang and Play-Asia still have it marked the regular price and I really don't see them marking it down anytime soon.

But it's a great 'old-school' Tales RPG.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 04:02:47 AM »

Not worth $200+ for me yet.  Or even over $100 in fact.  Sub-$100, I'd consider it.  Of the list you quote, Valkyrie Profile doesn't interest me (I'd rather play the original) and I'm not really a fan of the Tales games.

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 02:55:44 PM »

Quote from: "Farscry"

Not worth $200+ for me yet.  Or even over $100 in fact.  Sub-$100, I'd consider it.  Of the list you quote, Valkyrie Profile doesn't interest me (I'd rather play the original) and I'm not really a fan of the Tales games.

Could you provide more explanation of your statement 'I'd rather play the original'?  Aside from some cutscenes, this is the original game (from what I can tell).

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 03:26:24 PM »

i'm still really disappointed in the PSP's library.  I really do regret purchasing the damn thing on release.   :cry:

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 03:52:37 PM »

Quote from: "Dreamshadow"
Could you provide more explanation of your statement 'I'd rather play the original'?  Aside from some cutscenes, this is the original game (from what I can tell).

Well, the "original" is supposed to have better looking backgrounds, less slowdown, and less loading times.  I think the port is generally fine, but I would play the PS1 original over the PSP version if I could get it affordably.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 06:51:33 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Quote from: "Dreamshadow"

Well, the "original" is supposed to have better looking backgrounds, less slowdown, and less loading times.  I think the port is generally fine, but I would play the PS1 original over the PSP version if I could get it affordably.

Yup, that's what I was getting at.  smile  While VP is a great game, it's a non-factor in regard to a PSP purchase for me.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 07:44:38 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"

The cheapest I've seen is via Fry's Electronics (http://www.outpost.com - search for it there), for $49.99 new. Don't think that any of the local game stores carry it (unless you have a Fry's Electronics as stated above).

Fun PS1 port.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: