http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 10:30:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: now my 360 joins the wounded  (Read 781 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2006, 10:41:28 AM »

december 17th 2005 was when i bought my 360

september 10th 2006 was when it finally gave up

didnt get any red lights,it was just that the disc tray wouldnt close.....ok it closed,but then opened straight away,it wouldnt stay closed and it made a grinding noise when closeing

so......40 minutes on hold for the customer services,finally we did a lot of checking (taking of the hard drive or umplugging the cables,etc).

in the end he told me it needed to be fixed(well,duh!)UPS driver coming to pick it up in 2-3 working days ,and then i should expect it back within 8-10 working days...so thats more or less 2 weeks without my 360...i cant go 2 weeks without my 360,i have a load of games to play!!,i am raising a chocobo in final fantasy....if im not there to support it,it will have to work the streets selling its feathery ass for food

so,i bought a core 360 and used my hard drive on it,works great...thank god for the detachable hard drive

now i can use this new 360 whenever the other one has a shit,which no doubt it will

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 11:33:57 AM »

Or assuming you bought the Core from a store like Walmart or Target, just return it to them when you get your old one back. They have a great return policy, just say it scratched one of your discs or whatever..

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 12:42:25 AM »

Sorry to hear about that man, see if you can get a replacement on the first unit and don't blow all the cash on the second. Good luck!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 05:49:03 AM »

bah too late,needed to get one ASAP because of chocobo on fantasy,but thats okay,i feel a bit more secure having 2 360s,i have heard that some peoples 360s have been sent back 4 or 5 times!!

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 04:12:02 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 12, 2006, 05:49:03 AM

bah too late,needed to get one ASAP because of chocobo on fantasy

I'm not sure which smilie is the most approriate here...  :icon_eek: or  saywhat or maybe  :icon_confused:

Then again I have considered buying a core to hook up to my monitor and swap the HD back and forth so I can play when I can't use the big TV without moving the whole thing in and out of the entertainment center.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 04:18:32 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on September 12, 2006, 04:12:02 PM

Then again I have considered buying a core to hook up to my monitor and swap the HD back and forth so I can play when I can't use the big TV without moving the whole thing in and out of the entertainment center.

That is actually not a bad idea.  Not sure why I haven't thought of that before.  Kids like to take the TV over in the evening watching things like Thats So Raven, Sweet Life of Zach and Cody, etc.  That is the biggest reason I reactivated WoW so I could escape those shows.  icon_biggrin

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 04:20:27 PM »

Quote from: Zimix on September 12, 2006, 04:18:32 PM

Quote from: coopasonic on September 12, 2006, 04:12:02 PM

That is actually not a bad idea.  Not sure why I haven't thought of that before.  Kids like to take the TV over in the evening watching things like Thats So Raven, Sweet Life of Zach and Cody, etc.  That is the biggest reason I reactivated WoW so I could escape those shows.  icon_biggrin

See, the core isn't completely worthless!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: