http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 01:11:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Note to Self: Never Name A Party Member After A Girlfriend  (Read 774 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Dante Rising
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2336


View Profile
« on: June 01, 2012, 09:39:56 PM »

My friend is playing Dragon's Dogma, and his main pawn is level 38. He named this NPC after his girlfriend. He just learned today that his girlfriend has been cheating on him. Now when he loads up his game, he sees the name "Isabel" everywhere. To make matters worse, the in-game character even looks similar to his her!  He doesn't want to start the entire game over again, but seeing her name is driving him C-R-A-Z-Y!!  icon_biggrin



Logged
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 11292


I said good day, sir!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 09:55:11 PM »

Yikes, that's not a problem I expected somebody playing Dragon's Dogma to have.  slywink  But that does seriously suck for him.  I think there is a potion you can buy to allow you to re-design your pawn, but I'm not sure if that also allows you to rename them.
Logged

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 12600


GO UTES!!


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 11:45:43 PM »

The first time I played FF VII, I changed Aeris' to my wife's name (girlfriend at the time) and Tifa to my sis-in-law (she was at the apartment the day we started playing and wanted to be 'in the game')

Needless to say, that didn't turn out very well.
Logged

Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 9858



View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 01:52:18 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 01, 2012, 09:55:11 PM

Yikes, that's not a problem I expected somebody playing Dragon's Dogma to have.  slywink  But that does seriously suck for him.  I think there is a potion you can buy to allow you to re-design your pawn, but I'm not sure if that also allows you to rename them.

You can rename it when you start New Game +, he just needs to beat it ASAP!
Logged
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 10545


My cocaine


View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 03:39:44 AM »

there's a shop in the first city where you can remake your pawn.  make her a butt ugly troll and then use every free moment to kick her off cliffs.  problem solved.   icon_twisted
Logged

Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 9858



View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 04:06:09 AM »

Quote from: Caine on June 02, 2012, 03:39:44 AM

there's a shop in the first city where you can remake your pawn.  make her a butt ugly troll and then use every free moment to kick her off cliffs.  problem solved.   icon_twisted

he already said it looks just like her  icon_twisted
Logged
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 18633



View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 03:59:25 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on June 01, 2012, 09:39:56 PM

My friend is playing Dragon's Dogma, and his main pawn is level 38. He named this NPC after his girlfriend. He just learned today that his girlfriend has been cheating on him. Now when he loads up his game, he sees the name "Isabel" everywhere. To make matters worse, the in-game character even looks similar to his her!  He doesn't want to start the entire game over again, but seeing her name is driving him C-R-A-Z-Y!!  icon_biggrin

Cheating on him? As in, duping items on his Diablo III account?
Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.099 seconds with 36 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.034s, 2q)