http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 04:47:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not liking Serious Sam...  (Read 975 times)
unbreakable
« on: November 30, 2005, 05:03:34 PM »

Ive been playing it, and it just seems... lacking.  I mean yeah, there are a ton of enemies, but it just makes things more of a pain in the ass.

Also, it seems the game is more about clearing an area and reloading because you need to get thru without losing all your armor and most of your health.  It wouldnt be so much of a problem if I enjoyed playing, but for some reason I just am not.
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 06:08:13 PM »

Its best enjoyed co-op with buddies.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 09:29:26 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
Its best enjoyed co-op with buddies.

Agreed
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 09:27:30 AM »

play on Normal your first time through.  seriously.  you'll get enough ammo/armor that you don't really have to worry about going through battles unscathed (like i was constantly worrying about) - as for the gameplay itself, you sorta have to be into that kinda thing.  i myself never cared for co-op mode, as you could just keep respawning when you died and that made it boring.
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 01:38:21 AM »

Yeah, I am on normal, but it just isnt doing it for me.  I started using the laser gun thingies, which saws stuff down pretty quick, but it still seems meh.
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 01:41:52 AM »

try it on hard and see if the pain-in-the-assedness is increased, or is somehow made better...
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 01:49:55 AM »

It depends on the player.  Most FPS games bore me to tears, but I really like the SS games.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
unbreakable
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 02:13:07 AM »

Quote from: "hitbyambulance"
try it on hard and see if the pain-in-the-assedness is increased, or is somehow made better...

The problem isnt that it's too easy.  It's kind of hard, but I just don't really... care.  It doesnt seem fun.  I usually clear one or two areas, save, then quit.

It's uber predictable in that 'ok I'll grab the item and monsters are going to swarm me from all over' kind of way.  It isnt that I dislike FPS games, because I really like them.  It's just this game seems to be missing some intangible something for me.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 02:18:34 AM »

SS gets old very very fast. Best enjoyed in short bursts when bored.
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 03:01:15 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
It's uber predictable in that 'ok I'll grab the item and monsters are going to swarm me from all over' kind of way.  It isnt that I dislike FPS games, because I really like them.  It's just this game seems to be missing some intangible something for me.

it's definitely not going to get any better for you, then...  it clicked with me right away, as i could make up my own strategies and mini-games within the very simple 'kill everything and lots of it' framework - but i can see how some people could be turned off by the basic concept.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: