http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 07:44:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not a peep about MLB 2K9?  (Read 771 times)
Gromit
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2009, 02:20:52 AM »

I know it's not The Show, but it is on the PC...

Anyone tried it out yet?  Impressions?  At $20, it's within my tight price range these days...
StormHarbinger
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 04:43:32 AM »

It's miserable. I was so starved for a PC baseball arcade game I bought it day of release, and as Bill Harris said, it's an unfinished POS. Fielding is horrific, with animations causing fielders to miss routine outs and such. I haven't played it since release day. For $20, YMMV, but I doubt it'll stay on my hard drive.

Formerly a lurker at GoneGold, an infrequent poster at Octopus Overlords, and now?
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 05:15:43 AM »

Same boat here.  Bought it on release day, played one full game and put it away.

There's no word of a patch for the PC version either.  For me the on-field play is actually not bad but the franchise-killing bugs (that have already been patched on the consoles) make it not worth playing.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 08:35:59 AM »

If you guys are willing to pay $20 to play one single game of baseball, you might as well pay $300 (or whatever PS3's cost nowadays) and play many many games of baseball!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 02:52:30 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on March 12, 2009, 08:35:59 AM

If you guys are willing to pay $20 to play one single game of baseball, you might as well pay $300 (or whatever PS3's cost nowadays) and play many many games of baseball!

$360 for the 360
$460 for the PS3

(Not sure what the refurbished prices are and the 360 GIMP edition doesn't exist)

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
VWBug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 03:05:18 PM »

This was posted recently...  http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211682

Hey all,
To confirm what many of you have suspected by my other postings, we are going to have a second update be released in the coming weeks and a first one on PC that will encompass the day one update that was released on the consoles. There is no set date (we will make every effort to get it up pre-Opening day but let me confirm that when I can) but I hope to have a better idea of when that will be late next week. The patch will address many issues, but most notably the AI batting aggression and the ease of home runs in online mode and certain difficulties. Those are the only ones I can confirm at this time. Thanks to those who posted in the Patch Fix List, I will be closing that list now. Please let me know if you have questions about the patch and I will do my best to answer them.

Ronnie

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

For me, I'm playing MLB 2K9 (PC) at least a game a day and enjoying it.  I hope the upcoming patch will address some of the nagging issues - ex. ability for user to pick-off AI on base.  Right now, I'm 8-8 with my franchise - after starting 0-4.
Gromit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 12:47:50 AM »

Well, I took the plunge.

It's not The Show, but it's nowhere near as bad as people are making it out out be.  It looks nice, plays decently, and will make a nice stopgap until a better product comes along.  Not bad for the price of admission...  smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: