http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 11:17:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 new Tales games announced  (Read 567 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2006, 09:04:52 AM »

According to RPGFan, Namco Bandai has announced 4 new titles in the Tales series, although 3 are remakes.  Tales of Phantasia for PSP (the fourth platform for this game - SNES, PSOne, and GBA also), a new Tales of the World for PSP, a 3D remake of Tales of Destiny for the PS2, and a remake of the PS2's Tales of Destiny 2 for the PSP.  No US release info yet, but there's a good chance at least the ToD will be ported over, and maybe the others.

There are some scans of the article here.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 01:53:10 PM »

Wasn't Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube part of this series, too?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 04:00:25 PM »

Moose, Tales of Symphonia is part of the series, yes.I t was released on the GameCube and, eventually, the PS2 in Japan. Only the GC version was released in the US.

What's the chances of the PSP Tales of Phantasia coming to the US? All the slowdown talk scared me off buying the GBA port, but I might pick it up anyway if the PSP games don't make it to the US.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 05:34:43 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"
What's the chances of the PSP Tales of Phantasia coming to the US? All the slowdown talk scared me off buying the GBA port, but I might pick it up anyway if the PSP games don't make it to the US.

If it's a port, pretty much nil I would guess.  If they actually remake it with a graphics upgrade then it's a lot more possible.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 05:54:23 PM »

Tales of the World:

Tales of Phantasia:

Tales of Destiny

[/img]
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 08:46:20 PM »

A couple of extra tidbits. The GT news section has a Tales of Abyss trailer up now: http://gamingtrend.com/GameInfo/GameInfo.php?GameID=4261. Abyss is done by the Symphonia team and it looks really sharp.

Also, that RPGFan article that Eddie linked to now says that Namco announced four Tales games. The last one is Tales of Destiny 2 for the PSP. This should not be confused with the PSX Tales of Destiny 2 game in the US. This title has never been released in the West.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 09:24:41 PM »

Wow, that Tales of the Abyss trailer looks great.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: