http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 05:13:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No thread about Subsistence? Snake? SNAKE?? Snaaaaaake!!  (Read 836 times)
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2006, 09:03:55 PM »

Konami gave Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater the SUB___ treatment and I guess this really turns what many believe is the game-of-this-generation into even more of an amazing, amazing experience.

New camera, wacky ONLINE play, NEW SNAKE VS APE LEVELS!!!!

So I guess the question is, anyone here got it?  Any impressions?  

As a fan of both MGS:TTS and MGS2, I just couldn't get into MGS3.  Which I weep about nightly before sleep, but maybe this new camera makes the forest look even sexier?  Eva look hotter?  Ocelot look more cocky?

Oh, by the way, anyone lucky enough to grab that limited edition DVD with their preorder - eBay is on FIRE right now selling them.  Unopened I've seen over $100.

TheMissingLink on PSN
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 10:05:06 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Oh, by the way, anyone lucky enough to grab that limited edition DVD with their preorder - eBay is on FIRE right now selling them.  Unopened I've seen over $100.

mine's due monday. looking forward to checking out the 2 metal gears - sounds like they've been ported over very nicely...

oh, yeah - & stop weeping & give mgs3 another chance sometime down the road (glad i did it with dq8)...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 11:41:36 PM »

Picked up the Limited Edition- one of only two my local Gamestop had (good thing I preordered).  Have the Saga DVD too.  I know I could get big bucks on Ebay but I'm too much of a fan for that- to wit, MGS3:S has already been opened and played.

The new camera really is fantastic.  I never had a problem with the old one but, Dear God, does the new camera really highlight how spectacular the graphics are.  Plus, it improves the gameplay too.  I decided to check it out last night, planning on only putting in an hour or two and, next thing I know, I 've logged four hous on the new European Extreme Difficulty.

Just an all around amazing package.

How far in the game did you get, TML?  As I said in the other MGS thread, you really have to go through a period of "unlearning" to get used to the new dynamic of MGS3.  But, man, once you get used to it, it puts the first two games to shame.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 12:30:15 AM »

I got abouuuuut 6-8 hours into the game?  Something like that.

I think I'll pick up Subsistence for silly online play and the new camera angle a little down the line, when new stuff I want stops coming out biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 12:34:28 AM »

Could someone explain the new camera?  If I hated the camera in the other games would it be worth picking up Substance?

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 12:43:54 AM »

Quote from: "denoginizer"
Could someone explain the new camera?  If I hated the camera in the other games would it be worth picking up Substance?

It's a conventional 3rd person camera, full controllable via the right analog stick.  Works exactly like the camera in Splinter Cell and most other 3rd viewpoint games.  If the camera was your main issue in other games then, yeah, definitely give Subsistance a try.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 12:50:49 AM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
I got abouuuuut 6-8 hours into the game?  Something like that.

I think I'll pick up Subsistence for silly online play and the new camera angle a little down the line, when new stuff I want stops coming out biggrin

What was the last boss you fought?
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 02:41:43 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
It was super dark outside, he was in the trees and stuff.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 02:46:27 AM »

Sounds like The Fear, though his fight was in the day, not at night.  Poor place to quit though- you were around the corner from one of the best boss battles ever and the game picked up dramatically from then on.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 06:06:28 AM »

Greaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

TheMissingLink on PSN
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 09:51:39 AM »

Uk dont get theirs until september...so i guess i am playing through the first version again

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: