http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 11:00:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: no more wii for mii...  (Read 6168 times)
semiconscious
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2009, 01:16:19 AM »

just tried a bit of madworld, & i think i've had it. seriously, i just plain don't like the wiimote - had a very good time with smg, but there's yet to be another major release that i've been able to stick with. i'm sure it's a personal thing, & i don't intend this as a slam of the system - obviously lots of people are having lots of fun with it. i just don't feel comfortable with the damn thing, & have no interest (barring a new (&, hopefully, non-tpish) zelda) in trying to get comfortable with it. maybe it's just the games themselves, but i don't think so: had madworld, or no more heroes, or deadly creatures, been multi-platform releases, i'm pretty sure i'd've played them, & enjoyed them...

will hold on to it for it's backward compatibility, & virtual console / wiiware, but, until link shows his face again, that's it for me (maybe if it'd come with a giant touch screen & a pool cue, it would've worked for me better? cuz i love the ds smile )...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 01:26:41 AM »

The only thing I've "played" on my Wii this year has been the Nintendo channel to download DS demos.

I have contemplated selling it, but the drive is sorta funky and I would feel bad offloading that to someone else...

TheMissingLink on PSN
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 01:32:08 AM »

Now that I finally have a 360 and I actually have other options other than our Wii, I haven't touched it.

I really like Mario Galaxy though and will pick it up used one day.

Wake up.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 02:09:29 AM »

I've had my Wii since christmas 2007 have'nt bought 1 game for it only play it when family or friends come over. thumbsdown

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 05:00:15 AM »

I hate celery.  Yep, that's about as useful as this post.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
depward

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 06:11:56 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on April 05, 2009, 05:00:15 AM

If that's the case, what are we all doing spending time on a gaming forum talking about our personal opinions?!

Same boat, semi.  But I did end up selling off my console because I thought hey, if I REALLY wanted to play a Wii game, I'd play on my brother's console.   icon_biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 06:34:19 AM »

3 games i can honestly say i have enjoyed on the Wii,Twilight Princess,Super paper mario(hated galaxy) and Resident Evil 4...the Virtual Console gets more play,which really shouldnt be,i have always wanted to get Manhunt 2 for the Wii,but just never got round to it...if it wasnt for the VC games i've downloaded then it would of been gone a long time ago

its a strange machine,i got it launch day which was december 2006 i think..and there are some things that still piss me off,like if i want to play a backwards compat game why do i need to use the Wiimote to press A to get off the black screen to get to the channels and then select the disc channel etc,why cant i use a gamecube controller for that?,it always means me having to put batteries into the wiimote for those 2 minutes...same with the VC controller having to be plugged into the wiimote-unnecessary,if its gonna have a wire then it might as well be a wire to the machine,instead of to the wiimote that has to be kept by your side,it just means i play my VC games if i can with my gamecube controller...that may just be all my pet peeves

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 07:49:47 AM »

Quote from: depward on April 05, 2009, 06:11:56 AM

If that's the case, what are we all doing spending time on a gaming forum talking about our personal opinions?!

Same boat, semi.  But I did end up selling off my console because I thought hey, if I REALLY wanted to play a Wii game, I'd play on my brother's console.   icon_biggrin

I just don't get why we need a thread where a guy mentions his daily activities.  I guess I will start a thread everytime I read a gaming article on a magazine while taking a shit.  Or, I can come in here and post everytime I think about how I enjoy my Wii.  Which would be often...so get ready.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 07:54:00 AM by The Grue » Logged

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 08:09:53 AM »

I haven't so much as touched mine for a year now.  My girlfriend has played a grand total of one game on it in a year.  It's probably the biggest disappointment of my gaming life.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 08:26:41 AM »

My kids love it....have played tons of hours of MArio Kart Wii

My parents loved it as well, played golf, tennis and bowling a lot...

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 11:22:15 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on April 05, 2009, 07:49:47 AM

I guess I will start a thread everytime I read a gaming article on a magazine while taking a shit. 

who else is looking forward to these upcoming threads?...hope you are a two a day man,or maybe eat a lot of Muesli so we can get lots of info from you icon_biggrin

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 11:32:32 AM »

Quote from: depward on April 05, 2009, 06:11:56 AM

I just don't get why we need a thread where a guy mentions his daily activities.  I guess I will start a thread everytime I read a gaming article on a magazine while taking a shit.  Or, I can come in here and post everytime I think about how I enjoy my Wii.  Which would be often...so get ready.

Man, sometimes you are just a giant ass.  I can't figure out if you're a 16 year old kid who can't help acting that way(but at least will grow out of it) or an adult and probably stuck being that way forever.

Here's a reply you made in a post that asks if the Penny Arcade Episode 1 is worth 800 points:

I always wanted to get it, but felt 1600 was too much.  They apparently did as well, since Episode 2 came out for cheaper.  However, they never did lower the price on XBLA.  I saw this announcement earlier in the week and vowed right then and there to buy it next week.

How on Earth is that useful?  You didn't answer the question.  Instead you tell us about your life story.  According to the standards you used in this post, who cares about your vow?  Don't bash the "usefulness" of other people's posts when yours are just as "useless".

If you don't like the post, then don't comment.  Since when did every post have to be useful to the Grue?  The poster talks about they don't really use the Wii anymore.  Several people get a chance to comment on their Wii usage.  For a forum about video games, there's nothing wrong with that at all.  It's what the forum is for.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 11:41:01 AM by Mithridates » Logged
somoflange
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »

Quote from: semiconscious on April 05, 2009, 01:16:19 AM

just tried a bit of madworld, & i think i've had it. seriously, i just plain don't like the wiimote

I thought madworld would break my dry spell too. I haven't bought a wii game since no more heroes, and I really enjoyed that. somehow they used the wii remote without making you flail around like an idiot the whole time.

I read a review that said madworld was the same way, major actions mapped to buttons, occasional waggle for finishing moves. They failed to mention the whole point of the game is to use those finishing moves as combos and stack up points.

The game is nearly unplayable because it's just a waggle fest, and the story is so bad I skip the cutscenes. 
it is also very sensitive to which hand you are using, and offers no lefty mode. That's just unacceptable because I'm clumsy when I have to hold the main wiimote in my right hand.

I think I'm done too. I still enjoy having a legal way to play old console / arcade games, and maybe some more wiiware titles will pop up that are worth a shot. I'm very surprised there haven't been more shooting gallery type games, or even some interesting FPS games that use the wiimote  to aim. THAT is where the wii controller shines, not the waggle.

PSN: plantatreeforlee
Live: blastdsamoflanj
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 12:34:07 PM »

Quote from: semiconscious on April 05, 2009, 01:16:19 AM

will hold on to it for it's backward compatibility, & virtual console / wiiware, but, until link shows his face again, that's it for me (maybe if it'd come with a giant touch screen & a pool cue, it would've worked for me better? cuz i love the ds smile )...

For what it's worth, this is pretty much true for me as well. I haven't really purchased a new game for the Wii since No More Heroes, but am keeping it around for the same reasons you listed above. And for the type of games I play on the console, I end up using the wireless Wavebird as opposed to the wiimote more often than not. I imagine I'm not exactly the prime demographic for the console.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 12:46:24 PM »

I like cornbread!
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 12:57:55 PM »

Differn't strokes.

I enjoy my Wii.  I think its more that I am so tired of button mashing to make different arrangements of pixels move.  I didn't even buy a console for myself between the Atari 5200 and the Wii.

It may also be that I am not an active person generally, so I enjoy getting up.  Most of the Wii action is GH:WT and DDR. Right now I'm looking foward to the new tennis games and boxing games that will take advantage of the wiimotion plus dongle.

RPGs, adventures, non-action oriented stuff is for my PC.  FPS -- goes either way.  Generally I like the mouse+keyboard, unless you're talking about RE4.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 01:03:25 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on April 05, 2009, 12:46:24 PM

I like cornbread!

no you dont

A new one
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 02:12:56 PM »

Quote from: somoflange on April 05, 2009, 12:20:37 PM

I'm very surprised there haven't been more shooting gallery type games, or even some interesting FPS games that use the wiimote  to aim. THAT is where the wii controller shines, not the waggle.

I totally agree - Metroid Prime 3 controlled so wonderfully for me that right there and then I declared it the best way to play FPS games period short of mouse and keyboard. Dual analog has nothing on how well Wii controls work.

But instead, we have little but waggle games which do nothing to show off what the Wii is capable of.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 02:22:10 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on April 05, 2009, 01:03:25 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on April 05, 2009, 12:46:24 PM

I like cornbread!

no you dont

OMG how can you invalidate my opinion that way!?  TROLL!
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 02:58:34 PM »

I just don't get why we need a thread where a guy mentions his daily activities.

hehheh... well, it's not most days that one of my activities is to give up on a game console (first time, actually), finally realizing i just don't enjoy using it. if i posted about it, it's only because i'm sorta disappointed - i really wanted to enjoy the damn thing, but the wiimote's just beyond my ability to master, for whatever reason...

sorry if i bored you, bud. were there an official wii thread, i'd've posted this on it (like people post how they've given up on a game on the game's thread), but there isn't one...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 03:02:29 PM »

I loved the Wii for the first year or so. Nintendo seemed to be rolling out heavy hitters at a ridiculous rate. Plus there was the odd second tier game that was fun as well. Then 2008 came along. I was never a big Smash Bros. fan, and even though I gamely tried it, it failed to do much for me, and then I had to spend months finding Mario Kart (which was a lot of fun and screw the whiners, I found the silly plastic wheel a lot of fun). Since then though it's just been a desert of nothing. Clearly Nintendo focused all their energies on getting games out that first year and were left with nothing for a while (I'm still waiting). I too think the Wiimote is not much more than a fun novelty with the exception of FPSes where it clearly crushes dual analog as a control system. It's so frustrating that all the FPSes the Wii seems to get are half assed ports. I hope the Conduit is as good as it looks and sells very well so it may inspire more devs to develop FPSes for the Wii from the get go. It seems like all the fun, creative ideas for the Wii go into stupid on rails shooters which I just don't want to play. I also really hope the new Tiger Woods with motion plus is good. I do think Nintendo was brilliant to realize that game controllers had become too complicated for the mainstream. I'm absolutely a hardcore gamer, but even I find it somewhat tedious trying to figure out a new control system on these gamepads with eleventy million buttons.

It's funny how when I bought my 360 in the Autumn of 2007, I figured I'd be inundated with new games due to having 2 "current" gen systems, but obviously, that hasn't been the case. I have almost exclusively played my 360 since then. But, I still have hope for the future with the Wii because frankly, as much as I love my 360 and have loved many, many games for it, nothing I have played on the 360 rivals my enjoyment of Twilight Princess or Metroid Prime. I really hope we get new installments of Zelda and Metroid on the Wii at some point. I also wish Nintendo or SK would make a damn sequel for Eternal Darkness (I am not sure where the rights to that game live) for the Wii, 360, or whatever. I STILL need to go back and finish Mario Galaxy! Right now I can't tear myself away from Ultima VI! Maybe my gaming habits aren't the norm. smile

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 03:35:03 PM »

With two little kids in the house, we end up using the Wii quite a bit. There are a lot of games that have long-lasting appeal that we all play together. So I'm happy that we got one and happy with how much it gets used. For families that just get one system, I think there is a good set of games to get with a Wii. There's a ton of fun to be had for family gaming.

But things have changed in our family since we got a 360 and a PS3, and I think Nintendo has a problem for people with more than one gaming system in the house. Now that we have other new generation systems, there has to be some compelling reason for me to want to get the Wii version of a game. All things being equal, I'll go with the 360 version or the PS3 version because of the better graphics, achievements/trophies, and benefits from having a hard drive for updates/DLC. The Wii version has to overcome that with some sort of innovative use of the Wiimote.

Even with that, though, the Wii has the interesting element of WiiFit. Obesity in the US is a huge problem, and when I see the huge numbers of Wiis and WiiFit boards getting sold, it strikes me that many of the newer purchases of the system are coming from families with parents that want to lose weight. Sony adds in the benefit of having a Blu-Ray player, but the Wii has the benefit of being a weight-loss system. From a marketing perspective, Nintendo has hit a homerun with this one. But they need to build off of it, and they need some good reasons for current owners to buy new games. I rarely look in the Wii games section of stores when I go now.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 04:15:45 PM »

Quote from: Mithridates on April 05, 2009, 11:32:32 AM

I always wanted to get it, but felt 1600 was too much.  They apparently did as well, since Episode 2 came out for cheaper.  However, they never did lower the price on XBLA.  I saw this announcement earlier in the week and vowed right then and there to buy it next week.

How on Earth is that useful?  You didn't answer the question.  Instead you tell us about your life story.  According to the standards you used in this post, who cares about your vow?  Don't bash the "usefulness" of other people's posts when yours are just as "useless".

Wow, apparently they haven't touched on reading comprehension in 3rd grade yet.  Don't worry, you'll get there, bud.  I will translate for you.  I didn't think it was worth it at 1600 points, but it is at 800.

Actually, I realized even that might be too complex for you.  So here:

1600 bad
800 good
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 05:19:06 PM by The Grue » Logged

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »

It’s funny; I’ve had my Wii for a few months and about the only time I would play it is if guest came over.  Well that was until last week when I got a copy of No More Heroes from Amazon for $15.  Completely over the top, crude and looks just terrible on a HDTV but I love it!  I also like that it’s fairly short, I’m eight hours in and I only have two more bosses left.  The older I get the more I realize that I am more apt to play short games because I hate starting a game I won’t finish.  This is likely the first console game in over a year I will actually finish.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2009, 06:19:22 PM »

Grue, I still feel Mithridates's points stand.  You came in here to do nothing but bitch about someone posting his opinions on a games console....on a games forum.  That's rather silly, don't you think?

Do you think we should get rid of all the non-gaming sections?

Steam profile
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 06:51:53 PM »

Yea Grue, if the post is so useless (which it isn't as seen by the number of responses), why did you waste your time being a jerk?

Anyway, enough about Grue.

Wake up.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2009, 07:36:44 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 05, 2009, 06:19:22 PM

Grue, I still feel Mithridates's points stand.  You came in here to do nothing but bitch about someone posting his opinions on a games console....on a games forum.  That's rather silly, don't you think?

Do you think we should get rid of all the non-gaming sections?

I showed exactly how he was wrong about the other thread.  As for this one, I guess you guys have a point.  I guess I'm not sure why this couldn't have been placed in one of the many other "The Wii sucks, I can't believe I bought it" threads that have been posted here.  I finally got tired of it and made a point that I could easily start threads about how much I love the Wii, which everyone would of course come in and talk about how much they hate it.  The thread would be pointless (like this one) and wouldn't really accomplish anything.

Anyway, sorry to disturb and I will step out of the thread.  Just for the record, this is about the only time I have come into a thread and been a dick about something.  Just tired of the Wii bashing.  I own all consoles and there's no reason to bash any of them.  Sorry to those I have offended.

warning

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2009, 08:09:35 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on April 05, 2009, 07:36:44 PM

The thread would be pointless (like this one) and wouldn't really accomplish anything.

And Zen Cat says you shouldn't be so attached to outcomes.  And Zen Cat loves the Wii.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2009, 08:24:27 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on April 05, 2009, 07:36:44 PM

Just tired of the Wii bashing.

&, just for the record (from the original post):

i'm sure it's a personal thing, & i don't intend this as a slam of the system - obviously lots of people are having lots of fun with it. i just don't feel comfortable with the damn thing, & have no interest (barring a new (&, hopefully, non-tpish) zelda) in trying to get comfortable with it.

i tried to make it pretty clear that i do not see my personal inability to deal with the wiimote as being a problem with the wiimote itself. not sure how you missed it. if anything, i'm basically bashing myself (something i'm not really all that fond of doing, mind you smile )...

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 10:19:36 PM »

I just picked up de Blob, Mushroom Men, and Blast Works, and I'm also making my way through Ocarina of Time after ignoring it for all these years.  In other words, I like it.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 11:19:00 PM »

On the other side, the Wii is full of win, games like PES 2009 prove that developers should be focusing more on the damned pointer than waggle until Motion + hits. I think that Motion + might change a whole of people opinions. Shame it is an addon and not part of the original package, but we'll see how Nintendo handles it. Euros are getting the EA tennis game with it packed it. I am all for that.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 01:09:25 AM »

My only gripe about the Wii is it's a ripoff, to me $250 is way overpriced for what you get.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 12:02:10 PM »

The only time our Wii gets turned on is if we have company over for Wii Sports Bowling ot Tiger Woods Wii.  And  even those times are becoming rare.  We've switched to Rock Band for the group casual game nights over the last few months.

I honestly can't remember the last time I played a single player game on it.  Although I may be inetrested in the new Dead Space game when that comes out.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 02:00:15 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on April 06, 2009, 01:09:25 AM

My only gripe about the Wii is it's a ripoff, to me $250 is way overpriced for what you get.

This. This right here. My Wii has been silent for over a year. I don't plan to sell it though in hopes that SOMETHING might come out to force me to turn the Wii back on again.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 03:23:17 PM »

Hate to say I told you guys so, but.................................  slywink   icon_biggrin

Anyhoo, we got one for Christmas (sort of a gift to all of us), and my 8 year old loves it. My wife and I?????????? Well, she'd rather play Hasbro Family Game Night on XBL as she HATES the control (or lack thereof) on the Wii. Me, outside of the Virtual Console aspect of it, for the Nintendo Classics, and Mario Kart Wii, I have no use for the thing. I probably haven't put 15 hours into it since Christmas, while my 8 year old has probably put double that. It just isn't a great gaming system fellas, it's a "hype machine" that prints money for Nintendo.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2009, 03:24:22 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on April 06, 2009, 01:09:25 AM

I'll agree with that.  nod

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 04:01:27 PM »

Quote from: jblank on April 06, 2009, 03:23:17 PM

Hate to say I told you guys so, but.................................  slywink   icon_biggrin

To be fair, the Wii could be the console that we all want it to be, but Nintendo just aren't interested.  They'll happily let publishers wheel out any old shit that costs nothing to make but still sells because the target audience are people who just don't like hardcore games.  I suppose I can't really blame them since it is, as you say, a license to print money for them.  But I doubt I'll ever buy another Nintendo console.  I don't think I've seen so much shovelware produced for one system in such a short space of time in my life.

Steam profile
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2009, 06:42:35 PM »

I don't get threads like these where someone has a bad experience with a specific game or two, or even the controls for a certain game and therefore infer that they dislike the entire system or controls.  Just because the 360 d-pad is shit for Street Fighter games doesn't mean that the whole system (and control scheme) for every other game on the system is crap.

The Wii has a lot of really great playing (and controlling) games that *gasp* are made by companies other than just Nintendo.  Don't get me wrong, the shovelware to stellar game ratio is probably a little bit less than the PS3/360, but there's still a ton of great games out there that can only be experience on the Wii.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2009, 07:21:05 PM »

Probably 90% of my entertaining budget goes to video gaming, so having a console I don't use as often as another one doesn't bother me at all.  Admittedly, much of the Wii's use is for fitness (unfortunately not by me, lmao) and for entertaining company, but that's okay too.  There are pieces of furniture that don't get used until company arrives, but I'm not planning on selling them.  I'm hopeful that the games will improve; in the meantime, I'll play Boomblox, Okami, Dr. Mario, and The House of the Dead, plus will likely be picking up the Harry Potter game and possibly Rune Factory.

I don't have a PS3, but I do have two PS2s, two Dreamcasts, one XBox, two 360s, a DS, a PSP, and every Nintendo system from the NES on.  Some of them go silent for months at a time, but I like having them all available so that I can choose what I play based on the games and not on the systems.

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 07:46:43 PM »

Quote from: jblank on April 06, 2009, 03:23:17 PM

Hate to say I told you guys so, but.................................  slywink   icon_biggrin

Anyhoo, we got one for Christmas (sort of a gift to all of us), and my 8 year old loves it. My wife and I?????????? Well, she'd rather play Hasbro Family Game Night on XBL as she HATES the control (or lack thereof) on the Wii. Me, outside of the Virtual Console aspect of it, for the Nintendo Classics, and Mario Kart Wii, I have no use for the thing. I probably haven't put 15 hours into it since Christmas, while my 8 year old has probably put double that. It just isn't a great gaming system fellas, it's a "hype machine" that prints money for Nintendo.

Yeah you really told us.  There are some quality games on the Wii that have justified the purchase for me.  However, I do feel it's in a bit of a draught right now.  Also, your avatar is a bit NSFW.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: