http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 03:20:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Kohan II posts?  (Read 5796 times)
Zaxxon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2004, 03:33:56 AM »

This is a travesty.  Go grab this game now.  NOW

That is all.  PM me if you're interested in playing.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 03:41:35 AM »

Actually, funny that you mention, we should have a review up for the game in here in the next day or two.  You can bug Mike, its on his plate. slywink

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 03:46:03 AM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
Actually, funny that you mention, we should have a review up for the game in here in the next day or two.  You can bug Mike, its on his plate. slywink

Mike, let's get it done!  

Thx, Knighshade.  Enjoying all this traffic yet?
Redfive
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 03:58:26 AM »

Been playing online every night.  Really enjoy it, though this Rome: TW box sure is staring a hole right through me.

*getting weaker*

Stranger in a strange land.

Gamertag:  red51ve
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 04:15:24 AM »

I've heard some good things about Rome, as well.  Unfortunately I have so little gaming time that Kohan 2 and UT2k4 take up 110% of it...
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 04:35:09 AM »

Damn, no pressure, huh?   :shock:

Seriously, I'd be wrapping it up right now if I didn't have to freaking work.  It will be up sometime this weekend- I PROMISE!

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 04:58:30 AM »

Sorry can't post, been busy playing Kohan II... smile really!

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 05:05:40 AM »

Nice sig, Charlatan.  In theory, at least.  slywink
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 11:07:19 AM »

Still deciding whether to buy Kohan II or R:TW.  I know I will end up buying them both at the same time.
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 11:24:55 AM »

Quote from: "Beer Goggles"
Still deciding whether to buy Kohan II or R:TW.  I know I will end up buying them both at the same time.

Both = fine.  Just don't pass up Kohan 2 for Rome, like so many others are doing.  I can't express how awesome a game K2 is.  It rocks.
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 12:11:33 PM »

I purchased RTW the week it came out because.... well, it's just a damn impressive game. It's beautiful.. and that tool to extract the music files, aiee, they are great.

However, most of the following week, when I had "just a little" time I played the Kohan II demo - that demo kicks butt - ok, technically it kicks MY butt - but finally I got to the point where if I was playing the humans I could hold my own and even win sometimes (the film saving/replaying is a great tool from which to learn). So I went out and got the actual game, after spending about 20 hours playing the demo.

The game is indeed great - if you haven't tired the demo, shame on you!

There was a thread on GG giving tips, boy was that useful. Hopefully someone can resurrect that and/or put some useful tips on the boards here.

Anyway, I'm done rambling.

P.S., Thanks Zaxxon - love your game! You, Xevious, and Joust are my favorites! smile

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2004, 12:56:20 PM »

It's too bad that Kohan 2 came out when it did. A ton of other games are out now and it's kind of getting lost in the shuffle. I will pick it up sometime, but I have way too many other good games to play right now...

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2004, 01:47:13 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
It's too bad that Kohan 2 came out when it did. A ton of other games are out now and it's kind of getting lost in the shuffle. I will pick it up sometime, but I have way too many other good games to play right now...

I think that that's the case with a lot of gamers.  Too bad.  frown
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2004, 02:02:42 PM »

Come on Red, dont tell me that little defeat we suffered last night is going to turn you to the dark side??  
Rome and DOW sold more copies, and are much more well known.
Hype, marketing, distribution etc. are definatley not one of Kohans strong points, but the game sure is, heh.

Catch ya online tonight, we must redeem ourselves.  I suffered two losses, but ended a hour and a half long game later last night with a hard fought victory.  slywink
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2004, 02:07:13 PM »

My computer decides to restart randomly about an hour or so into matches here - so there are no real hard fought victories for the win for me!  (sad but true)

TheMissingLink on PSN
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2004, 02:10:39 PM »

Doh, that stinks link...

Red and me are at the point where we are holding our own with the big dogs of Kohan 1, heh.  We still got alot to learn and go, but their is no shame in our game, heh.  I think we will be very dangerous in another week or so.

Nothing like a good 3 vs 3 when the teams are pretty much even.  The war is just great, the multiplayer is great.   Geesh, I am dying to fire it up right now.  My wife would kill me though if I started playing this morning after my long night last night of ignoring her, heh.    So, Ill just sit here and pretend I am reading up on last nights debate, LOL.
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2004, 02:16:37 PM »

*cough*
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2004, 02:23:11 PM »

I got a couple buddies that are regulars online now with the regular way to hook up multiplayer..      We could start going there and making out games, could even password protect them with gonegold or something till everyone feels more comfortable playing in the open games.  Red and I need some help!  Competition is getting fierce, heh.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2004, 02:25:36 PM »

Link, gotta get that computer right asap however...

Is the rebooting just happening in the game with Kohan2?  Or other games as well?   Maybe browse around timegates tech support and try and figure out the problem or something?  Be nothing worse then loosing connection 1 hour into a game, cause if the game lasted that long, odds are its a damn good fight, heh
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2004, 02:29:41 PM »

I think we've got some things to try with Link.  I just RDPed to his machine via XP's neat little remote assistance feature.  Hopefully he'll be straightened away soon, cause he's a blast to game with!
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2004, 12:47:50 AM »

*cough*  starting a game now:  Come and get some slywink

http://www.consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1175
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2004, 12:56:06 AM »

Come on, people!  biggrin  Game on!

TheMissingLink on PSN
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2004, 05:05:13 AM »

hey all, I'm finishing up my K2 review right now and I thought it would be really cool to include some screenshots from all of you playing in the body of my review.  I'm sure that there are some epic battles going on as I speak, and I certainly don't want the same old stuff that's online everyewhere else.  help a brother out?

email your submissions to [email protected].  Be sure to include your forum handle so I can mention it, and please don't doctor them- re-sizing is acceptable.

cat-butt :  :idea:

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2004, 05:44:11 AM »

Quote from: "th'FOOL"
cat-butt :  :idea:

huh? :?:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2004, 07:52:55 AM »

I simply changed mine to a .jpg - hope that's cool biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2004, 02:38:38 PM »

Here is a good film for peeps to watch that want to see 4 players, with different builds, go at it hard for a hour and a half slywink
(you can increase the speed by hitting shift + while watching it.)

I am zobog in this game, and I lost.   But prolly get some good ideas here to help with multiplayer games, as well as some good shadow/drauga  builds, etc.

http://www.aphasic.com/k2/ShadowRage.RFM
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2004, 03:24:54 PM »

I dinked around in skirmish yesterday, trying to find the race that best fits me.

Usually in RTS, I grab the race that has the "expensive but really good units". Like the Orcs in WCIII. But this has changed somewhat... after all, I play the Orks in DoW and they're nothing like "quality over quantity".  So I guess I go for the race with the least micro-management.

I played the Gauri a few times... I think I prefer the Nationalists over the Council for them.  But damn they're slow slow slow. Drives me up the wall. That said, I play them the most.

I played the Haroun once... I kinda liked them. I really like their automatic town upgrades. I would tend to go Council with them. I should note though... for some reason I absolutely abhor  those light cavalry. BIRDS?! You're riding BIRDS?! Otherwise I kinda like them. I'll have to dink around some more with them.

Drauga... hmmm.... um.... they just feel like something I'd want to keep developing.

but there's this one Kohan... can't remember whether he was Royalist or Nationalist... but he looks EXACTLY like a forge unit for the Gauri. I mean EXACTLY. L-A-M-E-A-S-S.

Just Hiro will do.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2004, 03:28:25 PM »

LOL, birds...I like those units, actually.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Redfive
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2004, 04:45:11 PM »

Sorry I've been out of this thread since the weekend...I've been playing Rome....*cringe*

That said, I may be the only player around that hasn't been totally hooked by it.

I expect that I'll be back in the Kohan rooms tonight looking for games.

Morgul, that game the other night was closer than it would seem.  We were handling those two guys in the east and were almost to a point where we could go on the offensive but things were falling apart elsewhere and morpheus had to go to help.  Once he left it was only a matter of time before I got overwhelmed.

In any case, I'm definitely getting better at the game though I still have a long way to go before I'll be 'good' at it.

Stranger in a strange land.

Gamertag:  red51ve
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2004, 05:23:14 PM »

Quote from: "Redfive"
Sorry I've been out of this thread since the weekend...I've been playing Rome....*cringe*

Total opposite here - Rome sits unloved while Kohan 2 gets the majority of the playtime.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Valael
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2004, 05:39:30 PM »

I'd make Kohan 2 posts if I could get it.  But I'm too broke to afford it, and nobody seems to want Doom 3.

If I added a sig, would you read it?
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2004, 05:57:46 PM »

I wouldnt trade kohan 2 for doom 3, total war and a bag of chips.  biggrin
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2004, 06:03:38 PM »

Quote from: "Morgul"
I wouldnt trade kohan 2 for doom 3, total war and a bag of chips.  biggrin

I don't know about TW, but it's a shame that Doom3 gets to sell 75,000,000,000 copies at $54.95, while Kohan sells a fraction at $34.95.  Not that Doom3 is bad by any means, but the included gameplay time is so wildly in Kohan's favor that it's ridiculous.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2004, 08:48:33 PM »

Zax, I pad 53 bucks or soemthing foor doom 3 and probably played about 8 hours of it.

I got around 30 hours just of the Kohan 2 free demo, heh.
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2004, 09:01:20 PM »

Zax, I pad 53 bucks or soemthing foor doom 3 and probably played about 8 hours of it.

I got around 30 hours just of the Kohan 2 free demo, heh.

As I was saying...  smile
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2004, 03:38:52 AM »

Fine, fine. I thought the K2 demo blew, but I am downloading it again now because of you clown. Happy now? frown
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2004, 03:48:42 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Fine, fine. I thought the K2 demo blew, but I am downloading it again now because of you clown. Happy now? frown

Yes.  Anyone who thinks it blows after thoroughly playing it simply doesn't comprehend the strategic genius of companies and supply.  biggrin
Zurai
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2004, 07:01:12 AM »

Quote from: "SuperHiro"
I played the Haroun once... I kinda liked them. I really like their automatic town upgrades. I would tend to go Council with them. I should note though... for some reason I absolutely abhor  those light cavalry. BIRDS?! You're riding BIRDS?! Otherwise I kinda like them. I'll have to dink around some more with them.

Council Haroun actually have the strongest archers, and thus the strongest militia, in the game. Haroun archers (medium speed attack) + Opal Rings + both magical arrows = worlds of hurt to attackers of any type. It is very expensive goldwise to get that high up in tech, but Haroun also convienently have the best economy.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2004, 11:03:06 PM »

What, birds?  Son, those are wild giant war cocks!  Chickens man, everyone fears massed chickens...
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2004, 11:26:12 PM »

What, birds?  Son, those are wild giant war cocks!  Chickens man, everyone fears massed chickens...

Oh I should mention I read your post where you linked to my "Kohan II vs. DOW" article.

Thanks!

That whole thread is funnier than anything I could have written though.

Just Hiro will do.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: