http://gamingtrend.com
September 15, 2014, 04:07:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No cd cracks and CoC  (Read 1208 times)
dbt1949
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2004, 02:27:24 PM »

What is the ruling on listing sites that have no cd cracks on them,even if they don't appear to have any pirated type material on them?

Ye Olde Farte
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 02:40:23 PM »

Good question and I'm not sure what the answer is.  Our Forum Rules state:
2. Piracy/Warez Links - Any links to piracy, warez or mentioning where to go to get information to do such things (even using creativity in posts to let people know where to go) is not permitted. Discussions can happen, but any links will not be tolerated. 1st violation will result in the link being removed and a warning being issued to the offender. 2nd violation will result in the same thing in addition to a 1 week suspension. 3rd violation will result in an immediate banning of the offender.

Which doesn't really address no-cd cracks unless you lump them into the category of piracy or piracy-enablers.

I think Knightshade Dragon has to give a ruling on this one.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 03:02:39 PM »

My guess is no.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 03:03:19 PM »

I'll tell you a story that will explain my feelings on them.  I am a huge Ultima fan...despite being burned time and time again by EA and their purchase of Origin I was very much anticipating Ultima 9.  I got the game and rushed home to install it.  I had purchased the "Dragon" edition, the box is essentially the size of a sheet of drywall and there are a ton of goodies inside.  I more than paid for my purchase.  

I couldn't play it.

For whatever reason, safedisc hated the True52X CDRoms from Kenwood and I happened to have one.  I had to resort to a no-cd crack to play the game and realize my full dissapointment.

Fast forward to more recent times, I'm playing Morrowind and I'm wondering why I'm getting such jerky performance on my system.  One no-cd crack later and the thing runs like silk.

Lets face it, no-cd cracks are almost necessary for some games to even function.   That said, lets be smart about it, take it to PM or email.  Out and out requests for the no-cd in public forums make the publishers unhappy which hurts the site, some of them don't realize that we are a more mature gaming crowd who actually purchase the games we play.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 04:25:51 PM »

Okay.No problemo. :wink:

Ye Olde Farte
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2004, 04:51:34 AM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
I'll tell you a story that will explain my feelings on them.  I am a huge Ultima fan...despite being burned time and time again by EA and their purchase of Origin I was very much anticipating Ultima 9.  I got the game and rushed home to install it.  I had purchased the "Dragon" edition, the box is essentially the size of a sheet of drywall and there are a ton of goodies inside.  I more than paid for my purchase.  

I couldn't play it.

For whatever reason, safedisc hated the True52X CDRoms from Kenwood and I happened to have one.  I had to resort to a no-cd crack to play the game and realize my full dissapointment.

Fast forward to more recent times, I'm playing Morrowind and I'm wondering why I'm getting such jerky performance on my system.  One no-cd crack later and the thing runs like silk.

Lets face it, no-cd cracks are almost necessary for some games to even function.   That said, lets be smart about it, take it to PM or email.  Out and out requests for the no-cd in public forums make the publishers unhappy which hurts the site, some of them don't realize that we are a more mature gaming crowd who actually purchase the games we play.
I totally agree, and I have done it beore for the same reasosns.  I think its perfectly alright (to use a cd crack) if you just ploped down $50 for a game that you cant play.

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2004, 06:20:27 AM »

I use them all the time. If I read that a game penelizes you for using one then i dont buy that game.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2004, 02:18:34 AM »

Quote from: "warning"
Good question and I'm not sure what the answer is.  Our Forum Rules state:
 1st violation will result in the link being removed and a warning being issued to the offender.  

Cool. I am sure I can use warning for something. Do you do windows? smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: