http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 03:31:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendogs voice recognition problems?  (Read 3091 times)
animeshk
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2005, 05:28:35 AM »

Has anyone encountered voice recognition problems with Nintendogs?  Specifically, with higher pitched voices?  A few days ago, my younger son kept trying to name his dog, and it would say something like "it heard you", but would just keep telling him to say the dog's name again and again.  He then had his older brother try, and in no time the dog recognized the name.  Just now, my girlfriend tried naming a new dog, and the same thing happened.  I started saying the name of the dog, and in three tries the dog recognized the name.  When she tried teaching the dog to sit, it kept asking her to repeat the steps.  When I tried teaching the dog to sit, he figured it out in just a few tries.
Zarkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 06:44:26 AM »

I think it also depends on your dog's personality.  I know mine can hear me, but has forgotten how to sit and lie down so far...
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 07:36:11 AM »

I have a deep voice and keep having problems.  I can't tell if it is supposed to goof up commands sometimes or not.  It seems like I tell it to do one thing and it does something else.  Like I say "Lie Down" and it sticks its paw up to shake.  THose two phrases don't sound anything alike.  Hopefully, it is just simulating that the dog doesn't always get it perfect.  I wish I knew for sure, though.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 01:32:39 PM »

adjust the mike sensitivity, make sure it's the exact enunciation each time, keep you mouth the same distance from the mike as well. Listen to  yourself when it plays back so you can hear any differences.

I had trouble because I named my first dog wumpus, and it didn't really stick too well. Named the next dog Mug and I have no issues with getting her attention.

I also keep commands super simple, Sit, Lay, Paw, Roll, Chase. Simpler the better.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 02:07:37 PM »

Yeah, I did all that.  It sounds clear on the playback.  For instance, Sit and Shake kept getting confused by the dog.  I finally had to change sit to sit down.  I keep wasting a lot of my training time having to retrain to try to get the dog to stop confusing things.

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005, 02:48:32 PM »

Also, the longer and more distinct the names/commands the better as well.  I also had to change sit/shake/spin to stuff like "on your butt dog" etc.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 10:09:01 PM »

You can change any commands? Like, can you say "POOP" where POOP=sit, and the dog'll understand it as sit?
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 11:09:12 PM »

Yeah.  Basically you can come up with any phrase you want to associate with the action the puppy has performed.  FOr instance, you can associate "Chew on your baby, [puppy name]" with the sit action.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: