http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 11:48:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo Revolution punting on E3  (Read 2004 times)
Dimmona
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2005, 09:53:55 PM »

And then there were two...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 09:55:06 PM »

Nintendo has no totally gone crazy. Way to sink your own ship. Retarded.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 09:56:32 PM »

thats because the "revolution" isnt a console - its the announcement that nintendo is givin up on US market and becomin a first party publisher for Microsoft - you heard it here first smile

(well, prob no, but hey smile !)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 10:01:54 PM »

I think its a smart move myself.  Everything I've read seems to indicate that they just aren't as far along in development as Sony is.  The hardware may be nailed down but if they really want to make an impact with the "revolutionary" aspect of it (supposedly the controller) then they really need to get their own software farther along than the tech demo/concept you could expect at this stage as well as get third parties on board with products pretty far along that will convince consumers that the console will offer something different.

The difference between unique and gimmick is really driven by the strength of the applications supporting it and I seriously doubt their software is far enough along to demonstrate that.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 10:08:56 PM »

the only problem is that they want to launch alongside Sony, so they better have some kind of big shindig planned for later this year to try and make up for any of the free marketing they are giving up by not unveiling this E3

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 10:19:28 PM »

This is nothing but a Rumor started by Spong

So unless we see it on more reputable sites I think we can totally discount it. It would be company suicide for them to put off any kind of announcement.

Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 10:32:48 PM »

How would MS and Sony be able to copy the Revolution's hardware and implement the various features this far into each company's respective next gen development? I don't buy it.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 10:35:12 PM »

especially since its a BS rumor from Spong... ^^^ biggrin

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 10:56:25 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
How would MS and Sony be able to copy the Revolution's hardware and implement the various features this far into each company's respective next gen development? I don't buy it.

I doubt that's a concern.  But unless they have something truly revolutionary right now and the software to back it up, they are going to be overshadowed no matter what by MS and Sony.  Better to wait until they can get the spotlight some more.

Even discounting Spong,  I think we'll see far less of Revolution at E3 than PS3.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 11:13:22 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo chose to kept its tail between its legs for E3.

In fact, I think it'd be wise of them.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »

You're forgetting about the 800lb Zelda gorilla they are planning on trotting out.  Even if it was the only game Nintendo showed at E3 (which isn't that much of a stretch...), it will still get Nintendo more than enough attention.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 12:11:16 AM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo chose to kept its tail between its legs for E3.

Supposedly they have the most floorspace reserved of anyone.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 12:22:27 AM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

And supposedly they're not showing the Nintendo Revolution.

Not to be a dick, but with Nintendo, I'll believe it when I see it.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 12:43:05 AM »

Quote from: "Doopri1"
thats because the "revolution" isnt a console - its the announcement that nintendo is givin up on US market and becomin a first party publisher for Microsoft - you heard it here first smile

And apparently the other two systems won't be consoles either.  I just talked to a game store manager today and he said that the new system will have swappable/upgradeable parts so you don't have to replace the whole console anymore.  You simply add more memory or replace the video card or hard drive.  Sounds like a PC to me.  Hmmmm...

Also, he said that the PS3 was supposed to sell in the $700 range and the Xbox was going to have 3 different prices depending on which bundle you buy.  The cheapest will be around $400 and the most expensive will be around $900 or so.  

Don't know how much of that will end up being true, but if it is remotely true, I won't be getting one of those for a very long time.  Plus, they appear to be nothing more than pc's.  

No doubt after E3 many answers will be questioned.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005, 12:48:50 AM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
Quote from: "Doopri1"

I just talked to a game store manager today

Let me stop you there...this is about as believable as a story from Spong...sad, but true.  I've found game store manager's know nothing until they are actually told exactly what is going down.  This early in the game they haven't been told anything.  They're guessing as much as we are.

By the way, here are the E3 floorplans (courtesy Team Xbox).  Sony is wider, Nintendo is longer...I have no clue the difference in scale between where Nintendo/Sony is and Microsoft is.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005, 02:25:31 AM »

Goodnight Mario.
Goodnight Zelda.

It's over.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 03:49:16 AM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

Both Sony and Nintendo pretty much have the exact same floorplan size. I think Nintendo's is bigger, but only by a few square feet, if at that.

And, after looking over the floorplans via the E3 site year after year, both Sony and Nintendo have the exact same sized floorplans as they did last year as well as the year before.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 06:11:29 AM »

Regardless of whether this is true, I think it would be a wise move for Nintendo.  There is going to be such an overload of information coming out of E3, Nintendo would get lost in the shuffle no matter what.  Let Sony and Microsoft try to outdo each other, and then launch a big reveal in the post-E3 doldrums.  If they do have something truly revolutionary, they need people to focus their attention on them, and that wouldn't happen at E3.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 12:22:37 PM »

It's like sitting out the Super Bowl so you're 100% for training camp.

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2005, 10:32:45 PM »

that analogy would only hold if you were ready to play in the superbowl. Can't quite play at superbowl level when you're only 50% health.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2005, 11:26:27 PM »

that analogy would only hold if you were ready to play in the superbowl. Can't quite play at superbowl level when you're only 50% health.

Think T.O.  :wink:

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2005, 02:46:03 PM »

Looks like Nintendo will be there afterall
Dinkytoy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2005, 03:34:30 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Caveman"

you are spoiling the nintendo bashing party..
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2005, 03:42:10 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Caveman"

Another Trial Balloon bites the dust.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders