http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 02:25:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo DS Commercial...  (Read 695 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2004, 06:18:06 PM »

Wow. Oh my god, wow. What an awful awful commercial (the one with the blue lights and "touch it, you might like it").

Nintendo, here is how to make a decent commercial for your system:
find any XBox commercial, for the system, or for any game-copy it, throw out the complete and utter trash that you are passing for DS commercials, and start over.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with their PR/Marketing department.

One of their commercials trumpets the incredible ability to...touch the screen with the little pen-doohickey!

OMGZ!!!1111
Andrew Wonser
Gaming Trend Senior Member

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 11:16:28 PM »

While I didn't like the commercial so much, I think it did what was intended. That being make people watch to see what the hell they were talking about. While you would have to have your head in a hole to not know what the DS is, there probably are people out there that don't and now they are curious.
\/\/olverine
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 01:04:57 AM »

While you would have to have your head in a hole to not know what the DS is, there probably are people out there that don't and now they are curious.

Its interesting you say that, from my experience most people, including a lot of gamers, have no idea what the Nintendo DS is. Hell, my buddy who came with me to E3 last year doesn't recall what it is and he probably saw it at some point. This marketing campaign, I believe, is really for those who are completely in the dark rather than those who are aware of its existence, not to mention its capabilities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: