http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 06:02:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo doing something with Eternal Darkness? sequel? a VC release? HD update?  (Read 143 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2013, 04:17:35 PM »

they just registered a new trademark that now includes coverage for "downloadable electronic game programs; downloadable electronic game software."  Now this could be a Virtual Console release (yes please) or maybe they could be taking a page from that Kickstarter campaign and do an episodic release of a new game along the lines of WiiWare.

or it could be them just protecting the trademark.

of course a HD version of the original game released digitally for the Wii U would also rock smile

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 02:01:22 AM »

I think it's probably just a straight VC release for the Wii U, but I would be SO in for an HD release. I guess that would mean I'd have to buy a Wii U.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 08:11:54 PM »

It was initially hinted that GC games would get the VC treatment, and since GC games never were larger than what 2gigs I think they would be perfect. Would prefer the HD treatment but I csn get down with GC games on Wii VC for like 10 to 15 bucks a shot.

Unfortunately I do not have enough faith in Nintendo to give us enough of the games to make it worthwhile, but we shall see. They could have really covered their software drought on the WiiU with a big VC and digital line up close to launch. Give people games they want and they will come.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: