http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 01:15:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Pack is out!  (Read 1540 times)
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2004, 08:13:00 AM »

Just downloaded it, and have played a little bit.

Well... it's HARD! I know, I know, all the previews said it would be, but really... Believe the previews! smile

I haven't even gotten to the first save point yet, but that's also because I'm trying out new things, and I'm too stubborn to drink a potion.

First conclusions:

1) The new Intercept move will take some time to master. You need to press block at just the right point, and I haven't gotten that quite down yet. Then again, I play the game relying on blocks, rolls and counters, so I'll need to rethink my strategies I guess.

2) The new weapon (Lunar) looks absolutely cool, and its combo's make combat seem like a well orchestrated dance. The animations from this game are just light years ahead of the competition I feel.

3) It's HARD smile I mean, black ninja's coupled with white ninja's coupled with no upgraded weapons, techniques or health increase??

Oh, and the black ninja's have gotten a new move. A 'grab' that impales you on their sword, and ignores your block. Shit.

As a frame of reference: I've finished it twice on normal, and once on hard, never once having to buy a potion from a store.

Maybe I'll post some more later, when I've actually reached the first save point slywink
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 08:08:32 AM »

Well, I made it to level 5. And as usual, now that I'm starting to get the hang of things again, they scale the difficulty up again smile

While I enjoy everything the game has thrown at me thusfar, this hurricane pack does make me wonder about one thing: Does it make the game more fun?

While new weapons and new enemies are always fun, the incredible difficulty does not make the game any better I think. We'll see how things turn out in later levels...
aledromo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 02:24:29 PM »

Keep me posted.  This may or may not sell me Xbox live.  

By the way, do you still have the option to play the original version of the game?

Join me or die!  Can you do any less?
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 03:44:50 PM »

Yes, the original game stays, with the 3 difficulty levels. The new content is only available in the Master Tournament.

I haven't got a Live subscription myself, but I got 2 free months from a friendly ConsoleGold member. If you have a coupon lying around yourself, I highly suggest using it!
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 03:53:11 PM »

Quote from: "The Rocketman"
Yes, the original game stays, with the 3 difficulty levels. The new content is only available in the Master Tournament.

I haven't got a Live subscription myself, but I got 2 free months from a friendly ConsoleGold member. If you have a coupon lying around yourself, I highly suggest using it!

I've got one spare one; it needs to be used before 9/30/2004.
Let me know if you need it.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
aledromo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 06:28:29 PM »

Yes, please.  Thank you, Purge.  How does that even work?

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 10:52:09 PM »

Quote from: "aledromo"
Yes, please.  Thank you, Purge.  How does that even work?

Uhm you take the code, and register it on live. smile

You need a game that has Live Support. Select new account or something and it walks you through it. send me a PM; I'll give you the code once you get to that point

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
aledromo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 01:23:20 PM »

I'll mail you for that code and try it at home tonight.  Thanks again!

aledromo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 01:34:34 PM »

Huh.  It would appear I can't PM you.  How about I give you my email address instead?  [email protected].  Yo, Joe.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 03:02:54 PM »

will do.  :lol:

[update] Sent!

hogie7
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2004, 10:57:47 PM »

I've worked about halfway through HP V1. It's tough, but I don't think it's as tough as Very Hard Mode. They've fixed some of the bosses and made them tougher, and the introduction of new enemies is really cool (the cat chicks are tough the first time you face them). Lots of surprises on the way (like ghost fishes really early), and the upgrade costs of a certain weapon has gone through the roof.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: