http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 12:49:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ninja Gaiden Black - camera the real boss fight?  (Read 625 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2006, 03:26:43 PM »

I am playing this and having a good time generally but I find myself mostly fighting the camera insead of enemies.

It happens when I am trying to do jumps and I miss becuase the camera isn't just right, it happens when I cannot see enemies (especially ranged ones), and it even happens when going through doors.

Right now Alma is spanking me and I know I need to learn her "tells" so I can be ready for the coming attack...but half the time I can't see her becuase the camera is all screwed around.

Is it just me or is the real boss fight the camer and it is a boss fight that lasts all through the game?

I am about to toss this and pick up Devil May Cry 3 now that it has an easy mode.  Is the camera better in that game?

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 03:44:46 PM »

I know that a lot of people had issues with the camera, but for whatever reason I never did.  I didn't find the Alma boss fight maddeningly difficult as many did either.   You're right about her tells though....  

I really need to go back and play this game...Curse my backlog!
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 04:00:25 PM »

The camera sucked with NG, but I recall hitting one of the buttons and correcting it. Alma I almost beat the first time I faced her, but I screwed up and was taken down. The second time I smacked her down quickly. The rest of the game owned me completely, but Alma wasn't that tough. Go figure.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 10:09:16 PM »

I agree, it is wonky and at the wrong angle very often.  My biggest complaint was enemies firing at you from off screen.  How ferking unfair is that.  I am all for challenges, but that is lame lame lame.  In any game.

But for whatever reason I think the game is cool.  I will never finish it, but I like jumping in every once in awhile only to get nowhere and try again.  What a loser I am.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 11:59:09 PM »

NG falls into the catagory of console titles like Devil May cry as games I can't play because of the bad/stupid camera systems.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 12:25:00 AM »

Quote from: "farley2k"
I am about to toss this and pick up Devil May Cry 3 now that it has an easy mode.  Is the camera better in that game?

i didn't have any problems with the dmc3 camera - thought it was pretty damn good, actually, considering all hell's breaking loose (literally) much of the time...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: