http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 12:43:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL 2K6/NBA 2K6 Season Stories (X360)  (Read 1486 times)
Starshifter
Gaming Trend Senior Member

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »

Since this board is pretty dead most of the time I thought it would be fun to track our sports seasons in these two games, sort of like reading a virtual newspaper.  We could even talk football as well.  Anything you want! biggrin

I'll start.

NHL 2K6 New York Islanders 2005-2006 Season

New York Islanders at Buffalo Sabres
Started with a complete spanking by the Buffalo Sabres.  After Buffalo opened up a 5-1 lead the Islanders managed to regain some respectibility, but not enough for a win.  Horrible and sluggish gameplay all around for the Islanders.

FINAL: BUFFALO 6  NEW YORK 3

Carolina Hurricanes at New York Islanders
The first two periods of the home opener for the Isles saw continued sluggish play, as if they didn't lose a beat from the Buffalo game.  Cue the 3rd period folks and the Isles finally decide to show up and play some hockey (it was either that or the fourth beer I was starting).  A quick two goals saw the Isles tie the game midway through the period.  A late goal with under 3:00 to go and a breakway stopped by Isle goaltender Rick DiPietro with mere seconds left and the Islanders hold on in an exciting come from behind victory that sent Islander fans home with a smile!

FINAL: NEW YORK 3  CAROLINA 2

NEXT GAME:  Florida at New York
Current Record:  1-1-0

Note:  I play with full player lock on the center position.  Therefore, I have to rely on my teamates to play up to their skills and ratings.  Much, much more fun this way!

Now, I suck at basketball but I like playing a season with my Knicks.  I don't understand alot of the rules nor do I understand the playcalling and I will never figure out what the hell a triple/double is!

NBA 2K6 New York Knicks 2005-2006 Season

New York Knicks at Boston Celtics
Uh, exactly what I expected.  I knew I was in trouble when Boston opened up a 28-6 lead early in the first quarter.  I actually did start to figure out some things by the 4th quarter and I can even make free throws now!  Please understand that the high Boston score is only do to my major suckage.

FINAL: BOSTON 134  NEW YORK 102

Washington Wizards at New York Knicks
I actually held a lead the whole game - until the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter.:cry:  I had as much as an 11 pt lead at one time!  But, how oh how can I give up a lead in the final minutes and lose by 10pts???

FINAL: WASHINGTON 116  NEW YORK 106

NEXT GAME:  Golden State at New York
Current Record:  0-2

Note: I don't play basketball with full player lock and I will probably not win a game all season.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 11:52:07 PM »

I'll Play

MADDEN 06 2005-2006 Season

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers

I'm 5 games into the season  with the Ravens at this point 4-1 going into a grudge match with a division rival.  I built up a 14-7 lead going into the half with Jamal Lewis running well.    By the end of the 3rd its 21-14 Ravens up.  It stays this way til I missed a 48 yd FG with 50sec left on the clock.  Big Ben drives the field and ties the game up at 21 even with a perfect pass to Hines Ward.  OT- The Steelers win the toss and I stop them  three and out.  Ensuing kickoff I  take back to the 50 yrd line!  A. Wright connects with Todd Heap and Mark Clayton to put them with in FG range.  Instead of kicking the field goal cause I'm  kicking into the wind, so I drive to  1 yrd line.   A.Wright fakes to Jamal Lewis and give the FB for the WIN! 27-21 Ravens win

Ravens 5-1

Next up Cinn. Bengals

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 02:59:33 PM »

Sounds like you had a really great game there tru1cy!  You must have been apprehensive when the Steelers won the toss for the overtime.  Good win!  Took some nerve not to kick the field goal there in the overtime.  You risked a fumble, but I guess you knew what you were doing.

Here's my update.

NHL 2K6

Florida 4  New York 1
New York 3  Washington 0
New York 4  Philadelphia 3

The Flyers game was very interesting.  After coming off the 3-0 shutout of the Capitals I toyed with the idea of starting Garth Snow against Philly instead of DiPietro.  But, I figured he is riding a high and will stick with him.  Amazingly, the Isles jump out to a very fast 3-0 lead by the 12 minute mark of the 1st period.  The Flyers get on the board with a late goal with only 0:22 left in the 1st.  The Flyers steady play eventually ties the game at 3-3, but Alexi Yashin puts in a wrister with only 3:30 to go in the game and the Isles hold on to win their second straight.

Current Record:  3-2-0
Next Games:  Home and Home series vs. the hated Ranger Smurfs!

NBA 2K6

New York 116  Golden State  109

A WIN for the Knicks!  Wow!  I tried my best to lose though by blowing leads of 16 pts and 11 pts late in the 3rd and mid 4th quarters.  This was huge since my Knicks are now going on a 6-game road trip out west!!!  I have to play the likes of the Kings, Lakers, and Nuggets and more.  I'm in trouble.

Current Record:  1-2
Next Game:  New York at Indiana

XM Channel 76
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 12:46:49 AM »

Cinn. Bengals at Baltimore Ravens

This was a match-up between two teams with only one lose a piece.  Whomever won would have the lead in the AFC North. The game is a defensive struggle from the get go.  Neither teams can establish the run and short passes seem the order of the day.  My Ravens are able to get two fields goals by the middle of the second quarter.  With less the 2 min left in the game the Ravens finally able to establish a run game.   Jamal Lewis caps the quarter with a 25 yd run for a TD 13-0 Ravens

Third quarter opens up with the Ravens getting the kick-off.  B.J. Sams fumbles and the Bengals recover deep in the Ravens territory.  This seems to unnerve the Ravens as the first play from scrimmage is a quick pass from Carson Palmer to Chad Johnson for a easy TD. 13-7 Ravens up.  The Next kick-off goes off without a hitch.  The first play from scriammage the Ravens QB is sacked and he fumles.  The ball  is recovered by the Bengals who score. 14-13 Bengals

After this there would be no more scoring from the Bengals as the Ravens finally clamp down on the Bengals in thier house.  The Ravens eventually win with sticking with the run.  Jamal Lewis ends up with 105 rushing and 3 TD.  Final score 27-14 Ravens

Next up the Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 12:56:30 PM »

Figured I would just fill you guys (Devil & Hoagiehead) in on how the season went.

Made it to the Playoffs as the Islanders (2nd in Division behind Philly) and ranked 4th in the Conference.  I drew Carolina (5th in Conference).

I was surgically eliminated 4-0.

GAME 1- CAROLINA 4  ISLANDERS 3 (OT - 2 minutes in) <heartbreaker>
GAME 2- CAROLINA 5  ISLANDERS 4
GAME 3- CAROLINA 4  ISLANDERS 3 (OT :47 seconds in) <another heartbreaker>
GAME 4- CAROLINA 9  ISLANDERS 1 (I collapsed and played to kill - took alot of penalties.  I knew it was over anyway)

Stanley Cup Winner:  Carolina Hurricanes (of course).  They defeated Calgary.

XM Channel 76
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 01:12:08 PM »

Booo!!!

Maybe I'll add to this with my Ping-Pong career tonight...

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 02:34:06 PM »

Speaking of which, I expect some quick impressions Devil.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 02:50:37 PM »

You got it!

Are you going to grab this one?

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 04:08:03 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
You got it!

Are you going to grab this one?

I tried getting the game on my lunch break, but alas none of the stores in my area got it this morning, they expect it around 1PM.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 04:12:34 PM »

I will get it if you think it (1) is good, (2) has some staying power to be fun after the first week, and (3) has some fun multiplayer stuff.  

Lord knows I wouldn't mind having another game to beat you and Shifty at.  biggrin

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 05:47:05 PM »

That's tough talk.

How much staying power do you expect - It's PING-PONG, for the love of God!!

I'm going to assume an actual, pro ping-pong player doesn't think the real game has much staying power!

I'm looking to get in, play for an hour and get out. No commitment!

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 06:06:28 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"

I'm looking to get in, play for 30 seconds and get out. No commitment!

"And here folks, we see Devil's most famous pickup line.  For some reason it always ended with ladies laughing at him."
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 06:27:15 PM »

30 seconds is better than not getting anything!

Besides, the lack of commitment with me was always a draw for the ladies!  biggrin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: