http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 12:58:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL 2K8.  (Read 29640 times)
Ralph-Wiggum
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2007, 10:16:58 PM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on June 07, 2007, 06:15:26 PM

Also, more (and IMO better) screens can be found here: http://www.2ksports.com/media/screen/archive.php?gid=26

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2007, 10:20:58 PM »

You shouldn't make fun of Reche Caldwell like that.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2007, 06:42:10 AM »

Quote from: Starshifter on June 05, 2007, 02:28:38 PM

I'm not a franchise mode player so I don't care if it's there or not.  I play one season only in all sports games with the one goal of making the playoffs and trying to get to the championship game.

What will annoy the hell out of me is if we cannot change the team names & uniforms.  What these non-NFL games get wrong every time is that they use stupid, dorky team names that (for me) can kill the entire game.  I mean come on:  Rhino's?  Give me a break.   Allow me to change the team names and I'm happy.

I wonder what the Iron Crosses stadium will look like....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2007, 07:06:44 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 08, 2007, 06:42:10 AM

Quote from: Starshifter on June 05, 2007, 02:28:38 PM

I'm not a franchise mode player so I don't care if it's there or not.  I play one season only in all sports games with the one goal of making the playoffs and trying to get to the championship game.

What will annoy the hell out of me is if we cannot change the team names & uniforms.  What these non-NFL games get wrong every time is that they use stupid, dorky team names that (for me) can kill the entire game.  I mean come on:  Rhino's?  Give me a break.   Allow me to change the team names and I'm happy.

I wonder what the Iron Crosses stadium will look like....

Probably jaggy.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2007, 07:23:18 AM »

Exclusive trailer (from Game Head) at Game Trailers for those interested.

It didn't really impress me, it what was I expect from a football game from 2k sports - looks like it plays smooth (with a good framerate), had some nice small touches and the physics looked a ton better than Madden.

TheMissingLink on PSN
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2007, 09:29:05 AM »

Looks like fun, 2k has been pretty good about getting demos out on live so hopefully this game will be no different.

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2007, 02:45:11 PM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on June 07, 2007, 06:15:26 PM

From the press release:

* LEGENDS - Over 240 NFL legends make their return to the gridiron, including Hall of Famers such as Johnny Unitas, **** Butkus, Joe Montana, Mike Singletary, Reggie White and Walter Payton.

First of all, I think it's funny that you can't type Butkus' first name.  icon_smile

Secondly, I just checked out the trailer and I think it looks pretty cool. Looks like they have some very realistic player motion capture in there. If the gameplay is anything like the last time they made a game, 2k5 I believe, I will pick this up. No franchise mode is just a killer though, that really hurts the game as has been said before. That probably means that I'll be waiting for a price drop, or I'll ebay it because I can't justify paying full price for what I view as an incomplete game.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2007, 03:17:04 AM »

Below are some basic impressions from aholber32 over at OS:

Here we go. I got the oppourtunity to watch and play APF at a media event in DC today with Anthony Chau of 2k and Matt Blumenthal of OS today for about 2 hours. Here are my quick impressions:

Release date: July 16. Chau stated that they were more concerned about Madden than NCAA when considering the release date. 2K thinks this was the best time to release the game because in the past they tried releasing the game after Madden and got crushed, the same day as Madden and got crushed and only found success when they released the game 2-3 weeks before Madden.

Demo: Expect one sometime during the week before the 16th.

Number of teams: 20 plus the team you create. 21 total.

Number of Legends: Up to 260.

As most of you know already there is not a franchise mode in APF. There is a very basic single season mode. 16 games and playoffs. Thatís it once you start the game; you must select 11 legends, 2 Gold, 3 Silver and 6 Bronze. After that you fill out the rest of the team by selecting squads. For OL you can choose between a Run focused, Pass focused or Balanced. For example, if you selected Earl Campbell and Emmitt Smith as your RBís and want to run a rushing focused offense, you probably want to choose a squad of OLs that are great at run blocking.

Once you select your groups of players for backups and unfilled starter positions, you can edit your team. You can edit the team name, logo, uniform, city and helmet for your team. The key words here are YOUR TEAM. You can only edit your team not any other players or teams. So for the few people that were hoping that you could turn this game into a mini NFLÖitís not happening. One note about editing your logo, you canít create a logo but you can select one (there are about 140 total) and edit the colors. I asked Chau about this limitation and he said they did it for 2 reasons. First, they didnít want people to create vulgar logos. Second, they donít want people to create NFL logos because 2k would potentially like to bid for the NFL license in a few years and doesnít want to upset the NFL. Once you are done editing your uniform, your season starts and its very basic. No NFL primetime like show. No multiplayer seasons. I also didnít see if there is a way to edit your fake playerís names (although it could be in the game).

Chau stated that lack of time was the only reason that they did not include a franchise mode. Now people have heard me state that APF has been in development for 18 mos and others state itís been a year but here is the definitive answer from Chau. When EA bought the license, 2k reassigned the team to NBA and College Hoops. 2k still kept 3 or 4 developers on the football team just to tweak the code and add animations just in case 2k decided to return to football. During this time, 2k execs kicked around a number of possible games. They considered a high school game, a story driven game a legends game and a futuristic game. About a year ago, they decided to go ahead with the Legends idea and then created a team. So while they have been working in a football game for more than a year, principal development has only been going on for a year.

There are 240 legends and almost all of them are exclusive. Some like Payton are not exclusive and will appear in other games (Thatís why Payton and Sanders were in Madden screenshots). They signed every legend to individual contracts for different amounts. There are 20-30 individual signature animations from Unitasís throw to Roger Craigís high leg running style. There are also individual QB drop back animations. One thing that most people here already know is that APF does not have ratings. At first I hated this idea but this game has convinced me that ratings should be a thing of the past. Chau stated that the reason they did away with ratings was because itís impossible to tell the difference between a player rated 95 and one rated 93. For example, if Marino was rated 95 and Elway was rated 93 it really doesnít tell you anything about the playerís skill. APF uses individual abilities to distinguish between players. Marino excels in pocket passing while Elway is a better scrambler. Itís a clearer and better ratings system and one I wish 2k would use in other games.

There are 30 stadiums to choose from (20 are over the top and team specific and 10 are basic real life stadiums). Chau stated that the artists loved having the freedom to create fantasy stadiums like the firebird and Beast stadiums and not to be limited by the design of NFL stadiums. If youíve seen the screen shots then you have a good idea how the stadiums look. The crowd looks decent but it is not as interactive as the NBA 2k7 and MLB 2k7 crowds.

Now onto gameplay. We were playing an 80% build of the game so there was still a lot of clipping between plays and a few strange animations during some tackles (very rare) but this should be cleaned up by release. My first impression is that this game feels like an improved 2k5. Many of the animations are from 2k5. Many of the after play celebrations are from 2k5. The controls are from 2k5. The only new control feature is in the kicking game. In APF, the power of the kick is controlled by the right stick. The harder you push forward on the stick, the further the kick will go. Chau stated that the similarities to 2k5 is something that was planned by 2K. They wanted this game to feel like ďa homecomingĒ for 2k5 fans. While playing the game, I saw a few new gang tackle animations and the individual animations by Payton and Craig look amazing. One great new feature is the ability to throw while being sacked. This all depends on the ability of the QB and the position of the tackle but I love this addition. The weather effects look great (I love the rain bouncing off the helmets) but may be overdone. The game we saw played in the rain was in a torrential downpour and Iím hoping that there is some variation. Catching animations are the best Iíve seen in a football game and the DB animations within the first 5 yards are extremely realistic.

One negative is the presentation. There is a very barebones halftime show, no pregame show or intro and the stat overlays are very infrequent and have look bad. The biggest presentation feature is the Field Pass. The Field Pass is a closeup of a player while they shout out instructions or talk trash on the field. Itís a decent feature but it kind of reminds me of those cutscenes in Madden that get repetitive after a while.

The game looks much better in action than in the trailer. I asked Chau about the trailer and he said it was a mix of two different builds and thatís why the player models look poor in the trailer. He stated that 2k is still working on the player models as we speak and is looking to make players like Okoye and Woods bigger than they appeared in the trailer.

Online: No fantasy draft but online leagues. Can only play with your created teams. The leagues will allow users to have the same players on different teams.

OJ Simpson: 2k knew that they would get some flack for signing him but they feel this game is about having the best players in the game and about what the players on the field not off of it.

Here are some random notes that I took while playing the game
- 30 different TD and after sack celebrations
- Steve Young and Cunningham are in the game
- Blocking animations are well designed and OL form a pocket and pick up the correct assignment.
- No DB issues in the game from what I saw
- Customizable playbooks
- The Signal stealer ability will only work a few times a game depending on the defensive players on the other team and how often the defense calls the same play.
- Animations are tied to each playerís ability.
- No Jim Brown
- The laces of the football face the goal on field goals and kicks

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2007, 11:29:00 PM »

My eyes!! They're burning!
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2007, 03:13:50 AM »

Honestly... it sounds like it should be $29.99.

Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2007, 06:22:55 PM »

Yeah, I'm a little surprised to see it $60 at Gamestop. Hoping that won't be the price. I will buy it at $30 whenever that happens (unless reviews are stellar, then I'll splurge for $40).

I've actually grown to accept the no franchise thing. I guess doing a mock draft every year and starting fresh could actually be kind of fun.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2007, 07:16:24 PM »

Quote from: GatorFavre on June 17, 2007, 03:13:50 AM

Honestly... it sounds like it should be $29.99.

Rental for me, period.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2007, 03:03:08 AM »

From everything I have seen if you are interested in online multiplayer you should buy this game.  If you are interested in single player you should probably avoid it.

Personally I will be buying it on day one.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2007, 06:04:34 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on June 18, 2007, 03:03:08 AM

From everything I have seen if you are interested in online multiplayer you should buy this game.  If you are interested in single player you should probably avoid it.

Which if true, is upsetting, and makes one wonder 'why release it at all'?  I was always under the impression a lot of people play sports games (football included) single-player. 

Personally, I want this game to be slam-dunk awesome, for many reasons.  But I don't know... things are sounding rather weak right now.  This sentence in particular really bummed me out:  Once you select your groups of players for backups and unfilled starter positions, you can edit your team. You can edit the team name, logo, uniform, city and helmet for your team. The key words here are YOUR TEAM. You can only edit your team not any other players or teams.

Maybe VC is figuring people will be so enamored by the gameplay and revolutionary ideas regarding stats and playing with old favorite players, that it will overcome the other obvious shortcomings?

What is the general buzz like out there in video-football land, Deno?  You are probably as involved with that as anyone I know.  Are people generally looking forward to it?

« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 06:08:10 PM by Lockdown » Logged

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2007, 06:48:01 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on June 18, 2007, 06:04:34 PM

What is the general buzz like out there in video-football land, Deno?  You are probably as involved with that as anyone I know.  Are people generally looking forward to it?

The memory of NFL 2K5 still carries a ton of weight in the community.  I think TT is doing the right thing by releasing the game a month before Madden.  Alot of people will try it.  It will depend on the gameplay whether or not they stay with it.  From what I have seen if you were a fan of NFL 2K5's on the field gameplay/playcalling style/controls, you will like this game.  I may be wrong, but I don't think most people liked the single player aspects of 2K5 that much anyway.  The general consensus was that Madden's single player has always been better.

I think that there is a large segment of the 360 market that will buy anything "not Madden."  Is that enough to make APF successful?  I don't know.  I think it will come down to on the field gameplay.  I think that next gen Madden actually looks to be much improved this year as well.  So, if nothing else, maybe this game lit a fire under EA.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2007, 06:55:25 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on June 18, 2007, 06:48:01 PM

I may be wrong, but I don't think most people liked the single player aspects of 2K5 that much anyway.  The general consensus was that Madden's single player has always been better.

You know... this is an excellent point.  The franchise modes in 2Kx were typically irrevocably broken anyway, so them not including it isn't really a huge negative.  You could really only get through a season before the AI/bugs would get to you.

Quote from: denoginizer on June 18, 2007, 06:48:01 PM

I think that there is a large segment of the 360 market that will buy anything "not Madden."  Is that enough to make APF successful?  I don't know.  I think it will come down to on the field gameplay.  I think that next gen Madden actually looks to be much improved this year as well.  So, if nothing else, maybe this game lit a fire under EA.

I think the biggest problem for APF is that it's also up against NCAA, which is really a very, very good game.  If it came out a bit earlier, I would have almost certainly bought it to give it a run, and I'd like to see them compete for the NFL License in a few years (actually I'd prefer there was no exclusivity at all), but the timing just sucks.  I love NCAA and can't see this taking any playtime away from it.

Those impressions aren't terribly impressive either.  I would have hoped they'd have progressed further than 2K5, but I guess I can see why that wasn't possible.  Still disappointing though.

gellar

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2007, 07:32:29 PM »

Quote from: gellar on June 18, 2007, 06:55:25 PM

I think the biggest problem for APF is that it's also up against NCAA, which is really a very, very good game.  If it came out a bit earlier, I would have almost certainly bought it to give it a run, and I'd like to see them compete for the NFL License in a few years (actually I'd prefer there was no exclusivity at all), but the timing just sucks.  I love NCAA and can't see this taking any playtime away from it.
gellar

I think they are releasing on the same day as NCAA to try and capture some of that traffic.  If it was me I would have released even earlier.  Personally I think the on field gameplay in next-gen NCAA has been even worse than Madden so far.  So if people compare APF to NCAA that could be a boost for APF.  I guess we'll see in a month or so.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2007, 08:39:25 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on June 18, 2007, 07:32:29 PM

Quote from: gellar on June 18, 2007, 06:55:25 PM

gellar

I think they are releasing on the same day as NCAA to try and capture some of that traffic.  If it was me I would have released even earlier.  Personally I think the on field gameplay in next-gen NCAA has been even worse than Madden so far.  So if people compare APF to NCAA that could be a boost for APF.  I guess we'll see in a month or so.

I completley understand your point, but I am with gellar here-the NCAA crowd is large and dedicated, and I think AFP really stands a chance of getting completley swallowed in the hype.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2007, 08:43:37 PM »

Anyone know if they're really sticking to a $60 price point?  That seems to be what everyone is saying, but I have a hard time believing that's true.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2007, 08:49:11 PM »

Yes,  $59.99.  They are not marketing this as a budget title.

Calvin.  The NCAA and Madden crowd is very large and dedicated on the PS2 (I am one of them).  But not so much on the 360.  Don't forget APF is only competing with next gen Madden and NCAA.  In my experience those two games do not have a large, dedicated following.  Next gen EA football has not been well-recieved at all.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 01:05:01 AM by denoginizer » Logged

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2007, 03:20:06 PM »

It looks alright, but without a franchise mode I just can't justify a purchase at $60

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2007, 08:41:25 PM »

$59.99 plus "bare bones presentation" does not equal a day one purchase for me.

I hope it drops enough eventually where I can pick it up and take a look at it or maybe just do a Blockbuster rental.

I do kind of like the idea of building a team from a select cast of players and that everyone is given the same limitations. This kind of customization could be fun. Im not a big fan of online drafts anyway.

I am also excited to see the new rating system. I think this will work a heck of alot better in making personel choices and build teams.

But, the thing that just kills me is the "bare bones presentation" comment. Without polish and some theme to convey the experience, why am I playing?

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2007, 09:13:07 PM »

Baffling.  Why would 2K5 with the NFL license go for $20 (iirc) and this go for $60?  I would think their goal would be market penetration, even if they don't turn a profit.  I don't see how a $60 game accomplishes either?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2007, 11:43:24 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on June 19, 2007, 09:13:07 PM

Baffling.  Why would 2K5 with the NFL license go for $20 (iirc) and this go for $60?  I would think their goal would be market penetration, even if they don't turn a profit.  I don't see how a $60 game accomplishes either?

Possibly because with 2K5 they hoped to build a fanbase which they could then charge full price for their annual itineratations. Remember, 2K5 came out before EA bought the exclusive rights to the NFL license. I don't see how a game with only classic players would ever have a yearly update.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2007, 12:19:25 AM »

I think they are trying to see if the next gen football market can support 2 full price pro football games.  While APF certainly will not be as robust as Madden, there are a few things it can offer that Madden has not been able to in 3 years on the market.  Including:

-Multiple adjustable camera angles.

-Fully functional hosted online leagues.

-Online replay challenges.

-Online replays.

-Ability to play online with custom teams.

-Full weather effects.

-Editable playbooks.

-Individual player specific animations (Roger Craig's "high-knee" style, Kenny Stabler's sidearm lefty delivery, etc)

-Interactive sidelines.

Also there might be some people out there who would rather play with Steve Young, Roger Craig and Jerry Rice instead of Alex Smith, Frank Gore, and Antonio Bryant.  So given the situation I think a Legends game was about the best they could do.

Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2007, 08:10:20 PM »

I think $60 is ridiculous and they're shooting themselves in the foot. But it's always possible to lower a price if it doesn't sell well. The consumers will dictate. If they started at $30 and it sells like crazy, they can't very well raise the price after a month to $60. That would be pretty funny though.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2007, 08:18:37 PM »

I think Joe Gamer is going to say to himself, "Why would I pay $60 for this when Madden will be out in a month.  I sure would like to play some football, but this game doesn't even have my beloved Arizona Cardinals.  I will wait for Madden!"

For $30 he says, "Boy I can't wait for football season.  This only costs $30 and will tide me over until Madden comes out."

Madden's a 300 lb gorilla.  2K can't compete with the license.  We're more sophisticated than Joe Gamer, and that's the consensus here.  The most 2K can hope to do is produce a game that will be bought in addition to Madden.  Won't happen for $60.  I won't do it, and I hate EA.

Gamertag = IkeV
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2007, 12:43:52 PM »

I agree.  I think the price makes this game DOA.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2007, 01:25:48 PM »

Well, it just put me out. I guess I won't be buying any football game this year. Full price for that, without a license? Lost my vote, I guess it's back to playing 2k5

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2007, 05:31:01 PM »

I have been thinking about this game alot and I might buy this for full price if the reviews are good enough. What changed my mind was the online leagues. No NFL license actually helps this game out.

I can build my own team from a cast or old NFL players I know and a bunch of fake players. I know I can start to care about the fake players because I could get really attached to the fake players on my team in College Hoops. Watching them develop and then graduate was really cool season after season.

Then again, now I think about it, there aren't multiple seasons. Hmmmm... well. I'm still interested. Looking forward to some impressions soon.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2007, 05:52:48 PM »

Yeah, funny thing is, even though I think releasing this at full price is a bad idea, I'm not saying I won't buy it.  I won't buy Madden, but I probably will buy NCAA.  If this game has really good multiplayer and enough other people here buy it, I can see myself dropping full price for it.  But there's the rub.  If a game is going to sell itself based on its multiplayer, it's got to sell a lot of copies.  What's the point of great multiplayer if there's no one to play with.  Which leads back to the pricing.

Gamertag = IkeV
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2007, 06:13:11 PM »

There will be people playing it online.  I would bet that there are more people playing NFL 2K5 online than Next Gen Madden right now.  icon_smile

The nice thing about online leagues is once you find a good one you don't have to venture out into the public lobbies if you don't want too.  If people here become interested in joining a league I could certainly reccommend a few with well established user bases who play Sim.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2007, 01:19:32 AM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on June 22, 2007, 05:31:01 PM

I can build my own team from a cast or old NFL players I know and a bunch of fake players. I know I can start to care about the fake players because I could get really attached to the fake players on my team in College Hoops. Watching them develop and then graduate was really cool season after season.

And if it had a franchise mode, this is exactly why I'd be all over it. I really don't care one whit about the NFL license (or MLB license, or any other license) when it comes to fictional fantasy leagues: just a robust game with a solid franchise mode. icon_biggrin I'd pick it up for $60 if it had that.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2007, 05:23:43 AM »

Totally, College Hoops 2K7 has the best franchise mode ever in a sports video game (except perhaps for some of the text-based manager games). It's disappointing that 2K Sports isn't continuing that tradition in the new football game.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2007, 01:05:22 PM »

Gamespot Hands-On

Very Informative, albeit short.  Worth the read, folks.

Edit:  And if you want, there is a 16 minute interview which shows the game as well.  You really get to see a lot of their ideas from this vid.  Very cool.  
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 01:22:24 PM by Lockdown » Logged

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2007, 01:46:20 PM »

namely the voices of Dan Stevens and Peter O'Keefe,
Oh no!  O'Keefe has been a grating voice since the very first game!  I've always thought his voice has made Madden sound great. 

Looks pretty cool though overall, could be fun.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2007, 02:50:42 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on June 29, 2007, 01:05:22 PM

Gamespot Hands-On

Edit:  And if you want, there is a 16 minute interview which shows the game as well.  You really get to see a lot of their ideas from this vid.  Very cool.  

I just logged on here to post this slywink

It might not have a franchise mode (see my previous complaints) but this demo looked great. Seeing my childhood heroes in game has had a much stronger impact on me than I expected. My interest has grown a bit again after watching this video...

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2007, 02:55:46 PM »

wow... Bernie Kosar.... holy 80's flashback Batman!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2007, 03:31:01 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 29, 2007, 02:55:46 PM

wow... Bernie Kosar.... holy 80's flashback Batman!

Yeah, Brian Bosworth is in there somewhere too (in the hands-on article). I can only hope he's one of the "generic" players but I imagine he made it into the Bronze player tier.

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2007, 04:29:38 PM »

Quote from: fyedaddy on June 29, 2007, 02:50:42 PM

Quote from: Lockdown on June 29, 2007, 01:05:22 PM

Gamespot Hands-On

I just logged on here to post this slywink

It might not have a franchise mode (see my previous complaints) but this demo looked great. Seeing my childhood heroes in game has had a much stronger impact on me than I expected. My interest has grown a bit again after watching this video...

Totally agree... I worry that the SP might be total suck, but I can see myself at least trying to play this online a bit...

gellar
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: