http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 12:02:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Have you pre-ordered a next gen console?
Yes, a PS4. - 39 (34.8%)
Yes, an Xbox One. - 5 (4.5%)
Yes, both. - 20 (17.9%)
No I'm going to wait for a while. - 23 (20.5%)
I don't plan on pre-ordering. - 25 (22.3%)
Total Voters: 112

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next gen purchase poll  (Read 7262 times)
forgeforsaken
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on July 02, 2013, 01:43:25 PM

If any of you folks pick up the magazine, I'm curious to see how they talk about the ways Microsoft backpedaled due to the outrage. The cover sensationalism seems more appropriate for the period immediately after E3, less so after the MS stance changes.
According to twitter they do talk about the policy change.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2013, 02:00:17 PM »

Edge is actually pretty damned good magazine, or at least I remember it being so. I haven't actually read one for years and years.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2013, 02:24:11 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on July 02, 2013, 12:28:27 AM

I enjoy shooters and racers the most.  Not sure how you think my opinion is any less valid than yours.

INVALID!!!!!

slywink
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2013, 02:29:50 PM »

I'm still raising money to get both.    I want to put that out there so that everyone knows that I'm not trashing one in order to defend my console choice (aka fanboi)

I see a couple troubling signs still lingering out there for Microsoft with this fall:

1.   It's never a good sign when you reverse major features/policies and then heads roll all the way up to the top.     Not a good sign at all.

2.   I have both preordered.   The PS4 launch day allotment sold out LONG ago.  Last I checked I could still go to Amazon and preorder a 'day one' edition Xbone no problem.    It's going on a month since the unveiling and the day one allotment (despite all the supposed Microsoft production problems) is not sold out.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 02, 2013, 03:01:13 PM »

I look forward to ignoring their statement.  My next console will probably be the Ouya biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2013, 03:20:39 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on July 02, 2013, 02:00:17 PM

Edge is actually pretty damned good magazine

This. It's the best gaming magazine I've read. We had a sub for a while.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2013, 08:33:57 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on July 02, 2013, 12:56:34 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on July 02, 2013, 12:49:21 PM

Who the fuck is Edge and why should I care?  Just saying

Edge is, as you can see if you follow the link, a UK based magazine of some renown. You should care because you are in the Next Gen purchase poll thread and its being discussed here, thus what a knowledgeable magazine has to say about that specifically, should be of interest to you.

Makes sense.

http://gamecriticsawards.com/win-stats-2013.html

Platform Breakdown By # Of Wins
(Notes: Multiplatform games are counted in all appropriate platform tallies. Information based on announced platforms for each game as of 7/1/2013)
PC: 11 (+4 from 2012; Same as 2011)
Xbox One: 10 (new)
Xbox 360: 10 (-2 from 2012; -4 from 2011)
PS4: 4 (new)
PS3: 3 (-12 from 2012; -6 from 2011)
Wii-U: 1 (same as 2012)
PSVita: 1 (same as 2012)

Spoiler for list of judges:
The following is a list of the 30 publications that vote on the Game Critics Awards: Best of E3 2013.

Associated Press
 ArsTechnica
CNN
 Destructoid
Electric Playground
EGM
Entertainment Weekly
Game Informer
Gamepro
GamesRadar
GameSpot
 Gannett ContentOne
 GiantBomb
 Hollywood Reporter
 IGN
 Joystiq
 Kotaku
 L.A. Times
 Machinima
 Official Xbox Magazine
 PC Gamer
Penny Arcade Report
 PlayStation: The Official Magazine
 Polygon
 Shacknews
 Spike TV / GameTrailers
 USA Today
 VentureBeat
 Wired
Yahoo! Video Games
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 08:35:42 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: July 02, 2013, 08:41:55 PM »

Oh, and Edge has a fantastic track record (see attached image). slywink

I think the biggest problem here is either they're reporting on the DRM backlash, or they're using sensationalism to drop MS stock to buy it on the cheap. smile It's poor form though for a multi-platform publication to swing this hard in one direction - it discredits their publication in the long term.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 02, 2013, 10:18:33 PM »

So what is that list supposed to prove? That we ought to trust USA Today more than Edge when it comes to video games?
As for covers, all magazines are going to put out something that garners attention. I don't think there's anything malicious about it. At least in that Gamecube cover they didn't say "This is the one console you should own" !
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 02, 2013, 10:46:02 PM »

forge, you should know better than to share news related to the discussion at hand. Now go insult another forumer's personal life or GTFO.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: July 02, 2013, 10:58:53 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on July 02, 2013, 10:18:33 PM

So what is that list supposed to prove? That we ought to trust USA Today more than Edge when it comes to video games?
As for covers, all magazines are going to put out something that garners attention. I don't think there's anything malicious about it. At least in that Gamecube cover they didn't say "This is the one console you should own" !

I don't think he realizes that all of the publications that vote on the games critic awards are US, while the Edge is UK.

Of course his bias is showing.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 02, 2013, 11:03:55 PM »

That list is kind of bogus, as it's the same game winning multiple categories giving the XB1 an inflated number.  It's just Titan Fall sweeping a bunch of awards.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 02, 2013, 11:10:12 PM »

I started Googling "Edge magazine bias" and people were saying they were so biased TOWARDS the 360 they thought the magazine was garbage. One guy even had a graph showing how, on average, Edge scored PS3 exclusives around 12 points lower than the Metacritic average, while scoring 360 exclusives only 4 points below the Metacritic average.  icon_biggrin

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that if both sides hate you then you must be doing a great job being neutral.

No matter how you slice it, the media, gamers, and analysts have favored the PS4 for the short term. It's not a conspiracy, it's not fanboyism. These are people whose careers depend on being truthful in reporting and being as accurate as possible with their predictions. They don't base this stuff on imagination, they base it on facts, trending, public opinion, etc. It doesn't mean the Xbox is doomed to failure, it just means Sony jumped out to the lead and Microsoft had the next decade to pull even or beat them.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 11:14:54 PM by YellowKing » Logged
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 02, 2013, 11:19:19 PM »

Quote from: Purge on July 02, 2013, 08:33:57 PM

Quote from: Razgon on July 02, 2013, 12:56:34 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on July 02, 2013, 12:49:21 PM

Who the fuck is Edge and why should I care?  Just saying

Edge is, as you can see if you follow the link, a UK based magazine of some renown. You should care because you are in the Next Gen purchase poll thread and its being discussed here, thus what a knowledgeable magazine has to say about that specifically, should be of interest to you.

Makes sense.

http://gamecriticsawards.com/win-stats-2013.html

Platform Breakdown By # Of Wins
(Notes: Multiplatform games are counted in all appropriate platform tallies. Information based on announced platforms for each game as of 7/1/2013)
PC: 11 (+4 from 2012; Same as 2011)
Xbox One: 10 (new)
Xbox 360: 10 (-2 from 2012; -4 from 2011)
PS4: 4 (new)
PS3: 3 (-12 from 2012; -6 from 2011)
Wii-U: 1 (same as 2012)
PSVita: 1 (same as 2012)

I think I may need to sell my PS Vita.    It seems to have been one gigantic ass bust.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 02, 2013, 11:20:53 PM »

Oh, and no sooner than I point out Amazon still offering Xbone preorders that I happen to go into a Gamestop today and overhear the manager telling someone that they still had a few PS4 preorders available but that the Xbone was all sold out.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 02, 2013, 11:42:58 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on July 02, 2013, 11:20:53 PM

Oh, and no sooner than I point out Amazon still offering Xbone preorders that I happen to go into a Gamestop today and overhear the manager telling someone that they still had a few PS4 preorders available but that the Xbone was all sold out.
Last I heard, Sony had told Gamestop to allow as many pre-orders as they wanted. Perhaps that was just for a weekend though.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 02, 2013, 11:47:48 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on July 02, 2013, 11:42:58 PM

Quote from: msduncan on July 02, 2013, 11:20:53 PM

Last I heard, Sony had told Gamestop to allow as many pre-orders as they wanted. Perhaps that was just for a weekend though.

Or they don't know what the hell they are doing in Gamestop stores.     High probability.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 02, 2013, 11:53:16 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on July 02, 2013, 11:19:19 PM

I think I may need to sell my PS Vita.    It seems to have been one gigantic ass bust.

I've been using it to play old PS2 titles and the occasional game they toss into PSN+.  They have so many more Vita compatible games they could put out for Plus, instead of the 1 or 2 that usually come out each month versus the 3-6 PS3 titles.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: July 03, 2013, 02:59:22 AM »

The point is that Edge (and I've bought a few - based on the fact that they include u in the word colour) is no more a yardstick than 30 other publications. It simply frames the games - and yes, this is what it's all about - the games.

30 sites compiled, and compared year after year, have resoundingly stated which games impressed them. Are they all hardcore gamer rags? No. Are Hardcore Gamer rags always right, or reflect market reaction to games? Beyond Good and Evil begs to differ. So does the Wii.

So let's discuss this, rather than getting snippy - how did these thirty US publications (a fact I'm well aware of) manage to nominate 4 PS4 games, but the Xbox One games got 10? That's a pretty big disparity, don't you think?It certainly didn't represent the US GT opinion on the subject.

So how did that happen?

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 03, 2013, 03:21:16 AM »

So let's discuss this, rather than getting snippy - how did these thirty US publications (a fact I'm well aware of) manage to nominate 4 PS4 games, but the Xbox One games got 10? That's a pretty big disparity, don't you think?It certainly didn't represent the US GT opinion on the subject.

The only disparity is that an Xbox One exclusive (Titanfall) won 6 times. That's where the disparity comes in. PS4 got 1 win outright (PS4/PC exclusive), and shared 3 wins with Xbox due to it being multiplatform. Essentially they tied except for one title which was counted 6 times. You can really see that there's no disparity when you look at nominations instead of winners - Xbox had 34 nominations while PS4 had 33.

Meanwhile, check out the nominees for Best of Show. PS4 is in the list, but no Xbox! Oops, how did that happen?  icon_lol

Sorry Purge, I know you're a huge Xbox fan. I was a huge 360 fan. But you can't spin your way out of this one. All you've managed to prove is that Xbox One has one killer app (Titanfall). And it's not a true exclusive since it's coming out for PC.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:29:56 AM by YellowKing » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 03, 2013, 03:28:24 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on July 02, 2013, 02:29:50 PM

I'm still raising money to get both.   

just get your hands on some grant money to buy them slywink

Because I can,
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 03, 2013, 03:41:57 AM »

Quote from: Purge on July 03, 2013, 02:59:22 AM

The point is that Edge (and I've bought a few - based on the fact that they include u in the word colour) is no more a yardstick than 30 other publications. It simply frames the games - and yes, this is what it's all about - the games.

30 sites compiled, and compared year after year, have resoundingly stated which games impressed them. Are they all hardcore gamer rags? No. Are Hardcore Gamer rags always right, or reflect market reaction to games? Beyond Good and Evil begs to differ. So does the Wii.

So how did that happen?

You aren't reading that list right.   It's number of WINS, not games.  Titan Fall got 6 wins, so for the math impaired that leaves 4 other XB1 wins that weren't TF.  Also note that the list includes multiplatform games, so say Watchdogs winning counts for XB1, PC, PS4 etc, etc.   
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 03, 2013, 04:30:21 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 03, 2013, 03:28:24 AM

And let's be honest here.    Killer app?   Not sure about that.   I drooled over it initially, but when I was playing it back for my very bored and uninterested wife I realized that it's just COD in the future.    It's another 'I BLEW U UP BRO!" game.    

This coming from a guy that IS getting the Xbone too.    It's COD.   So they have COD original and COD FUTURE! coming to the Xbone.    Nothing we haven't seen before.

And we know how US publications love the COD BRO! games.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: July 03, 2013, 04:34:12 AM »

Purge started out this console debate as the voice of dissent. Now he's the voice of desperation.  icon_lol
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 03, 2013, 05:24:30 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on July 03, 2013, 04:30:21 AM

And let's be honest here.    Killer app?   Not sure about that.   I drooled over it initially, but when I was playing it back for my very bored and uninterested wife I realized that it's just COD in the future.    It's another 'I BLEW U UP BRO!" game.   

This coming from a guy that IS getting the Xbone too.    It's COD.   So they have COD original and COD FUTURE! coming to the Xbone.    Nothing we haven't seen before.

errr.... I think you may have meant to direct that at someone else...

Honestly Purge, I'm with you about liking the XB1 more than the PS4, but there's a point where it's not worth it to to go on and on.  I think everyone here has made their choice and more than likely won't budge.  Hell, if TiLT came here and said 'if anyone anywhere buys a Xbox One terrorists said they'd destroy Sweden' I'd shrug, pour a 40 out on the ground and ask Amazon if I could pay in advance.  I mean shit, why extend their misery?

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 03, 2013, 08:33:57 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 03, 2013, 05:24:30 AM

And let's be honest here.    Killer app?   Not sure about that.   I drooled over it initially, but when I was playing it back for my very bored and uninterested wife I realized that it's just COD in the future.    It's another 'I BLEW U UP BRO!" game.   

This coming from a guy that IS getting the Xbone too.    It's COD.   So they have COD original and COD FUTURE! coming to the Xbone.    Nothing we haven't seen before.

Honestly Purge, I'm with you about liking the XB1 more than the PS4, but there's a point where it's not worth it to to go on and on.  I think everyone here has made their choice and more than likely won't budge.  Hell, if TiLT came here and said 'if anyone anywhere buys a Xbox One terrorists said they'd destroy Sweden' I'd shrug, pour a 40 out on the ground and ask Amazon if I could pay in advance.  I mean shit, why extend their misery?

icon_lol

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 03, 2013, 10:43:26 AM »

Cabbage Patch

Because I can,
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 03, 2013, 01:07:37 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 03, 2013, 05:24:30 AM

I meant to hit generic reply but somehow instead hit quote on your message.    I'm having a conversation to myself over here about Titanfall being good, but not exactly anything earth shattering based on the trailer.   I'm also reminding myself that I'm getting both systems so I'll find out for myself.

Anyway... slip of the quote button.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: July 03, 2013, 01:30:40 PM »

There is a whole bunch that they couldn't talk about with Titanfall, such whether they were planning on having online persistent battlegrounds, or even something like Chromehounds' overarching domination based on clan. They couldn't touch on (but clearly wanted to) different mech styles and customization available.

I can tell you there is over 20 different animations depending on direction you approach on the mech loading the pilot - and mechs cannot be stolen - they're your "mount" and calling it helps get you into it and reacting.

All that being said, I personally am far more interested in the RPG / open world of The Division, though Titanfall scratches the Mechassault itch.

I got to get into their curtained presentation, and that article is written up and on its way out the door. It should be noted that while they did have someone playing the game, it was basically the same as the video footage released during the MS press event - with the developer walking us through what's actually happening. There's some cool stuff there, for sure.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 03, 2013, 02:03:09 PM »

Quote from: Purge on July 03, 2013, 02:59:22 AM

So how did that happen?

Purge, your plea for non-snippy discussion might have more weight if it wasn't sandwiched between two snippy paragraphs.

As for attacking Edge for reporting on Microsoft's massive fumble of a launch, it's news.  It's a big stumble from the more-or-less leader and deserves to have cover articles written about it.  Many here have said they'd love to read a book about this mess in the future.  I'm actually hoping to pick up Edge to see what insights they might have.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: July 03, 2013, 02:16:01 PM »

It's also quite possible to disagree with the sentiment the Edge cover expresses without assing up the thread.

Hey look at this:

Quote from: wonderpug on July 02, 2013, 01:43:25 PM

The cover sensationalism seems more appropriate for the period immediately after E3, less so after the MS stance changes.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 03, 2013, 02:36:09 PM »

I think some of you need to look at Purge's position without the PS4 colored glasses. I'll be the first to admit that MS fucked up this gen and they will pay with unit sales.  I know some you have been PS3 and Sony fansfrom the beginning  and defended them when the PS3 and Sony fell on their face.

Anyway, its getting harder and harder to visit these thread and forums for me behind this shit. 

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 03, 2013, 02:43:42 PM »

I very much preferred the 360 to the PS3 for gaming.  I very much prefer the PS4 to the Xbone for my upcoming launch day purchase.  Despite now apparently wearing PS4 colored glasses, I still thought the Edge cover seemed to overstate things about the current state of the Xbone.

Here's the difference, though.  I'm looking at the opinion stated by Edge and commenting on that.  Purge is trying to go after Edge itself and prove that the magazine has no merit whatsoever.  The latter just asses up the thread.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 03, 2013, 02:48:52 PM »

Not to mention he's posted some disingenuous and/or incorrect information.

Oh, and for the record the 360 was my primary console by far for the present generation.  Brand loyalty just isn't that important to me when evaluating new systems.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 02:51:09 PM by forgeforsaken » Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 03, 2013, 03:30:28 PM »

Brand loyalty is a factor for me and part of the reason I went from the Xbox to the 360 long before going the PS3 route (also why I went from the Gamecube to the Wii and even the Wii U [though backwards compatibility with the Wii made the latter possible]).  I was all set to follow along to the Xbone.

However, Microsoft's actions have just been a slap in the face.  I don't see how people can not be bothered by that.

Interestingly, a lot of the specific things don't affect me personally.  I don't buy used games that often, nor do I sell my new ones.  My consoles are always connected to the internet anyway, so that's a non-issue.  My Kinect is always on as is, too.  But they screwed over so many people and were such asshats about it, that I'm bothered.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 03, 2013, 03:37:34 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on July 03, 2013, 03:30:28 PM

However, Microsoft's actions have just been a slap in the face.  I don't see how people can not be bothered by that.

it's big business in the gaming industry.  if I never bought games from companies that did dickish things I wouldn't be planning on playing Watch_Dogs or the next Crysis or the next Deus Ex or the next Final Fantasy or the Half Life 3 or Borderlands 3 or......

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 03, 2013, 04:45:45 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 03, 2013, 03:37:34 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on July 03, 2013, 03:30:28 PM

it's big business in the gaming industry.  if I never bought games from companies that did dickish things I wouldn't be planning on playing Watch_Dogs or the next Crysis or the next Deus Ex or the next Final Fantasy or the Half Life 3 or Borderlands 3 or......

That's too easy a toss-off, CeeKay.  MS's actions and words are all about themselves and not about their customers of late.  For all the dickheaded things Bobby Kotick has said as the head of Activision, they haven't affected the products themselves.  Yeah, the plastic peripheral binge was a clear cash grab, but the gameplay for a lot of them was still decent.  And for the ones that were crap and designed with an extra controller just to pay more (Tony Hawk), the sales reflected it.

Additionally, it's not like any of those games are doing things that specifically help the company but ruin the game for others. 

It's like IAP, in a way.  Some games actually handle this quite well.  It's there if you want a slight boost, but the game is perfectly playable without it.  Some even do a good job of enticing you to want the IAP through compelling gameplay, but still being fine with you not touching it. Then there are some games that are all about the IAP, who just slap you in the face with the need for it or giving other gamers a massive leg up because they bought some.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 03, 2013, 05:08:28 PM »

Sorry Purge, I know you're a huge Xbox fan. I was a huge 360 fan. But you can't spin your way out of this one. All you've managed to prove is that Xbox One has one killer app (Titanfall). And it's not a true exclusive since it's coming out for PC.

That and it's not even a true console exclusive, its coming out on the 360 as well. Its also being made by EA and all signs are that it is a TIMED exclusive for Microsoft not an actual exclusive game like God of War or Halo.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:11:46 PM by Hetz » Logged

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 03, 2013, 05:17:09 PM »

I was just using those games as examples of titles that have come from companies who have done stupid stuff before, not as a specific example of that game doing anything.  The only point I was trying to make is most major gaming companies have done something to kick gamers in the balls at some point, and people always move on. 

I actually left Activision titles off of it because I couldn't think of anything they've done along the lines of Ubisofts DRM, EA's always online crap, Valves Half Life shenanigans (sure, we'll put out episodes.... oh, wait, now that we did it twice maybe not), Square Enix's FF14 (and didn't the true ending for FF13-2 end up becoming DLC?) or Gearbox's most recent 'PR' for Colonial Marines.

Because I can,
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 03, 2013, 05:42:10 PM »

I do agree it's hard to hold a grudge when evil gaming companies go and release a game you really want.  EA is plenty evil, and the Sim City fiasco was the shit cherry on top of their giant shit sundae, but then they had to go and make Tit and Fall, Mirror's Edge 2, Battlefield 4, and a new Star Wars Battlefront.  Ubisoft is plenty evil, and their latest security vulnerability is their own shit cherry, but then oh.  The Division. 

So ok, you still get more of my moneys, Evil Company.  But I swear I'm going to give you the sneer of a lifetime as I hand over my credit card, and I may find a way to sneak in dollar signs when I write your name on online forums.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: