http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 12:58:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Have you pre-ordered a next gen console?
Yes, a PS4. - 39 (34.8%)
Yes, an Xbox One. - 5 (4.5%)
Yes, both. - 20 (17.9%)
No I'm going to wait for a while. - 23 (20.5%)
I don't plan on pre-ordering. - 25 (22.3%)
Total Voters: 112

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next gen purchase poll  (Read 9291 times)
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 04:34:31 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on June 14, 2013, 04:25:46 PM

Quote from: kronovan on June 14, 2013, 03:25:34 PM

Quote from: Hetz on June 14, 2013, 12:53:14 PM

...what exactly does MS have for exclusives that would make you buy a XB1? I'm sure that Dead Rising will eventually be on the Ps4 or at least the PC....same with Titanfall. Those are hands down the best games for the XB1 right now.

Seriously, you're joking right? Halo has been the flagship game since the debut of the original Xbox. It's right there amongst the all time top selling franchises on a single console platform. There will be many fans buying a XB1 for Halo 5 alone, even buying them day 1 despite the game not releasing until Fall 2014. I don't know how you missed that, unless you were just trying to tactically strengthen your argument.

I did mention Halo....along with Fable, in the next paragraph. I also mentioned them separately since they are also on the PC...not Xbox only franchises. That is the thing. Halo, Fable and Gears of War are all on the PC.

God of War, Uncharted, The Last of Us etc.....they are all ONLY available on Sony systems.

Not sure you can count PC as many console gamers just don't have that as an option.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2013, 04:39:08 PM »

...what exactly does MS have for exclusives that would make you buy a XB1? I'm sure that Dead Rising will eventually be on the Ps4 or at least the PC....same with Titanfall. Those are hands down the best games for the XB1 right now.

Seriously, you're joking right? Halo has been the flagship game since the debut of the original Xbox. It's right there amongst the all time top selling franchises on a single console platform. There will be many fans buying a XB1 for Halo 5 alone, even buying them day 1 despite the game not releasing until Fall 2014. I don't know how you missed that, unless you were just trying to tactically strengthen your argument.

I did mention Halo....along with Fable, in the next paragraph. I also mentioned them separately since they are also on the PC...not Xbox only franchises. That is the thing. Halo, Fable and Gears of War are all on the PC.

God of War, Uncharted, The Last of Us etc.....they are all ONLY available on Sony systems.
Eh, Halo is pretty much console only these days.  3 and 4 never came to PC.  I believe Titanfall is supposed to be PC/XB1 on release day though sometime spring 2014.  It's also going to be interesting to see how much draw Halo actually has after Bungie releases Destiny.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2013, 04:46:56 PM »

I pre-ordered both, but the PS4 will be for eBay.  As for my decision which to go with until the other one had a price drop, well, it's a numbers game for me.

Number of announced PS4 games I cannot play if I go exclusively Xbox One: 1 (inFamoUs: Second Son)
Uncharted, God of War, Killzone and Last of us me nothing to me.  The Gran Turismo series doesn't grab me; it should, it's got amazing graphics but it just does not excite me (kinda like X3: Reunion for the PC for the PC) Maybe I'd fire them up if they showed up for free on PSN+, but they're not system sellers in my case.  And sure, they're going to be Indie friendly but most Indies come out for the PC in the case of both systems. I had 2 other games that would have been on the list but they went multiplatform.

Number of of announced XB1 games I cannot play if I go exclusively PS4: 9 (Crimson Dragon, D4, Fantasia, Forza 5, Project Spark (also coming out for the PC but I'll be damned if I upgrade to Windows 8 for it), Quantum Break, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive)
Halo and Gears of War are also in the category of non-system seller.

another thing that occurred to me.  It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft Studio games that they make for the XB1 then port over to the PC will require Windows 8, as in the case of Project Spark.  I'd much rather pay an extra $100 to play them on the XB1 then instead of buying the upgrade and having to put up with it.

if you want to get into the argument about future possibilities go ahead, but I'm sticking with the facts I have now: $399 to play one game or $479 (Amazon gave me $20 off, not sure why) to play 9 games.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2013, 04:55:32 PM »

The only Halo's that are on the PC are Halo 1 and Halo 2; that leaves Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo Wars and Halo 4 all Xbox 360 exclusive. I don't know where you got that Halo 5 will be on PC, as MS has made no mention of bringing it to the PC. MS have announced Spartan Assault for Windows 8 and Phone 8, but that game is a much smaller, lesser entry in the franchise and a shade of the game that Halo 5 will be.

I also agree with Gellar, that the PC is another market. I run my PC like a console with Steam+Big Picture connected to my HDTV, but of all my local gaming buddies only 1 other friend has a similar setup. Whereas they all have 2 or more consoles.

[Edit] As well Fable 2 (what some would argue is the best entry in the Franchise), Gears of War 2 and GoW 3 are not available on the PC, and to the best of my knowledge MS has made no announcements about porting them to it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:59:31 PM by kronovan » Logged
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2013, 04:58:24 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 14, 2013, 04:46:56 PM

if you want to get into the argument about future possibilities go ahead, but I'm sticking with the facts I have now: $399 to play one game or $479 (Amazon gave me $20 off, not sure why) to play 9 games.

Enjoy those 9 games, because if this generation is anything like the previous one, exclusives on the Xbox One will dry up almost completely after the first year or so. Those 9 games will become treasures.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2013, 05:12:27 PM »

Ryse is probably the most maligned game of E3 from everything I'm reading.  Also you can probably add DayZ as a PS4 console exclusive
http://www.edge-online.com/news/dayz-set-to-arrive-on-ps4-but-could-skip-xbox-one/

Deep Down is rumored to be a PS4 exclusive.  Wasn't at E3 but was at the Feb presser and likely will be at either TGS or Gamescon.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2013, 05:13:43 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 14, 2013, 04:58:24 PM

Enjoy those 9 games, because if this generation is anything like the previous one, exclusives on the Xbox One will dry up almost completely after the first year or so. Those 9 games will become treasures.

don't worry, I will! smile

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2013, 05:15:45 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on June 14, 2013, 05:12:27 PM

Deep Down is rumored to be a PS4 exclusive.  Wasn't at E3 but was at the Feb presser and likely will be at either TGS or Gamescon.

The lack of Deep Down and Uncharted 4 at E3 were my main disappointments with the show (the latter more than the former).
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2013, 05:15:55 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 14, 2013, 04:58:24 PM

LOL

So true!

Oh yeah, and Ryse looks cool....but I just read today on NeoGaf that those QTE's that popup whenever you attack someone....complete themselves, cause the devs say "they don't want anyone to be frustrated".  So it doesn't really matter if you hit the buttons or not, you will still kill the guy you are fighting. icon_lol

Also, Deep Down looks F'ing incredible!!!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2013, 05:22:01 PM »

now Deep Down could be a system seller, but wasn't it a tech demo?  or was there another thing they showed that was a tech demo?  Capcom had several things at the PS4 announcement IIRC and I'm pretty sure one was just to show off a new engine, but I can't remember if it was a named demo like The Dark Sorcerer from Quantic was.

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2013, 05:25:15 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 14, 2013, 05:22:01 PM

now Deep Down could be a system seller, but wasn't it a tech demo?  or was there another thing they showed that was a tech demo?  Capcom had several things at the PS4 announcement IIRC and I'm pretty sure one was just to show off a new engine, but I can't remember if it was a named demo like The Dark Sorcerer from Quantic was.

It's supposed to be an actual game, but there's speculation that its name won't be Deep Down. It could be Dragon's Dogma 2.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2013, 05:28:26 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 14, 2013, 05:25:15 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on June 14, 2013, 05:22:01 PM

It's supposed to be an actual game, but there's speculation that its name won't be Deep Down. It could be Dragon's Dogma 2.

yeah, I posted about that in the DD2 thread, had a brain fart and thought it was something else.  just looked it up and the tech demo was something else which I'm not sure how I thought was a sword and sorcery game.

Because I can,
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2013, 07:35:35 PM »

Number of of announced XB1 games I cannot play if I go exclusively PS4: 9 (Crimson Dragon, D4, Fantasia, Forza 5, Project Spark (also coming out for the PC but I'll be damned if I upgrade to Windows 8 for it), Quantum Break, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive)

another thing that occurred to me.  It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft Studio games that they make for the XB1 then port over to the PC will require Windows 8, as in the case of Project Spark.  I'd much rather pay an extra $100 to play them on the XB1 then instead of buying the upgrade and having to put up with it.

So basically... your motto is: "XB1... At least it's better than win8!"
 ninja
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2013, 10:23:22 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 13, 2013, 04:32:48 AM

Quote from: USMC Kato on June 13, 2013, 04:17:33 AM

Quote from: Jarrodhk on June 13, 2013, 03:54:58 AM

I follow Kato.

Woot! smile

Kato if you make the crew go XBone, I swear there will be spider pictures everywhere in the forums from that day on.  Or in your home mailbox.

and i'll make it his profile picture, and i'll make an exception to the forum rules and make an animated GIF as his signature
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2013, 10:29:48 PM »

Huh? None of the Gears games besides the first released on PC and none of the Halo games past Halo 2, which was an original Xbox game. Fable 2 didn't appear on PC either.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2013, 10:30:18 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 13, 2013, 05:52:41 AM

Quote from: USMC Kato on June 13, 2013, 05:25:08 AM

Souchilde, come to the dark side with us!!!  Fear not the green eye of the One, embrace it.
I know you want to join us Soul. Harkapedia is readily available, Jarrodhk with his outstanding tactical awareness, and I promise to lower my kill stealing shenanigans by 1%.

Can I ask why an ex-army guy wants to support the machine that the army people can't use? At least, its my understanding that Internet isn't a given when on missions.

In relation to that
http://www.armytimes.com/article/20130614/OFFDUTY02/306140030/New-Xbox-sin-against-all-service-members-

http://gamasutra.com/blogs/JayJohnson/20130611/194155/The_Xbox_One_from_a_service_members_perspective_Conversations_Ive_had_and_heard_on_my_last_deployment.php

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-has-alienated-us-troops-with-always-online-xbox-one-2013-6
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2013, 10:38:46 PM »

I preordered the PS4 at Best Buy today.  The manager told me that Gamestop had already put a stop to preorders, and they had just received word that BB was going to follow suit any minute (though it could be as late as tomorrow, she said).  They weren't even sure that they could input my order when they first started the process.

She said no such word was coming down about the Xbone at all.

The manager and a sales associate were also saying that they were taking PS4 orders all the time, but couldn't remember doing an order for the Xbone at all.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:40:17 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2013, 10:42:30 PM »

(also coming out for the PC but I'll be damned if I upgrade to Windows 8 for it),

Psst:   You *are* going Windows 8 to play it if you buy a Xbone.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2013, 11:43:30 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 14, 2013, 10:42:30 PM

(also coming out for the PC but I'll be damned if I upgrade to Windows 8 for it),

Psst:   You *are* going Windows 8 to play it if you buy a Xbone.

yeah, but it won't be on my PC, hence the whole use of the word upgrade.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2013, 11:52:07 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on June 14, 2013, 07:35:35 PM

ninja

more like "XB1... Keeping Windows 8 off of my PC!"

Because I can,
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2013, 12:16:42 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 14, 2013, 11:52:07 PM

Quote from: Punisher on June 14, 2013, 07:35:35 PM

ninja

more like "XB1... Keeping Windows 8 off of my PC!"
Well, what about 8.1?  icon_twisted
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2013, 01:03:22 AM »

CeeKay.. nevermind.. Looks like MS agrees with you about Windows 8...(and that console gaming should be dead)
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2013, 02:30:27 AM »

I read today (and saw pics that showed) that the XB1 games were all running on GeForce Titan cards...WAY more powerful than what is to be included on the XB1. Whereas the PS4 games were all running on actual PS4 dev units.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2013, 03:37:20 AM »

I never pre-order.  It's a waste, especially for games.  Consoles... maybe not, but I don't need either when I have steam.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2013, 03:37:47 AM »

well damn, guess I'll skip getting a PS4 and get a Titan.

* CeeKay watches the collective aneurysm from that statement

biggrin

Because I can,
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2013, 01:02:40 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 15, 2013, 03:37:47 AM

biggrin

Ceekay can you please let me know where you bought those Rose Colored glasses and that Vente sized cup of Denial. Because I really want to like the Xbone, but at this point I can't rationally do it. I would love to base my love on 5 exclusive games that will more than likely be nothing spectacular. I would love to compare proven AAA franchises to unknown Microsoft Exclusives but for some reason history is making it hard.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2013, 01:19:57 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on June 15, 2013, 01:02:40 PM

biggrin

I would love to base my love on 5 exclusive games that will more than likely be nothing spectacular.

I know, right? How many console launch games have ever been anything more than forgettable after the console has been out for a year or so?  Was Mario 3D a launch title for the N64?
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2013, 01:31:21 PM »

I really want to get excited about the Xbone.   I was ultra excited about the 360 when it launched.   I stood outside in 33 degree rain overnight at a Best Buy and came up 3 places short in line to get one.   I then spent the next month on a holy crusade to get one.   

I STUMBLED across a PS3 while looking for it, so I ended up with both consoles.   

I REALLY REALLY want to develop a reason to keep my preorder for the Xbone for this fall.   Hark has given me one reason because when I'm playing multiplayer on the 360 it's usually with him and his merry band of snipers.    However, I'm still waivering because Microsoft has given me plenty of reasons to get angry at what they are trying to feed me, and not enough reasons to think this system is anywhere close to what the 360 was when it launched.

I have to say that I am still sitting on both launch day preorders but I'm extraordinarily torn.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2013, 03:22:33 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on June 13, 2013, 01:56:26 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on June 13, 2013, 12:25:40 PM

Quote from: forgeforsaken on June 13, 2013, 12:10:30 PM

Quote from: USMC Kato on June 13, 2013, 04:17:33 AM

Quote from: Jarrodhk on June 13, 2013, 03:54:58 AM

I follow Kato.

Woot! smile
Is Titanfall that big of a draw?  I mean that's going to be on PC and probably PS4 after a year.  I'm just trying to understand what the pull of the XB1 is for you guys outside of that and brand loyalty.  PS4 is more powerful hardware for less money.   Games like The Division (best thing shown at e3 IMO) and Destiny are going to look and run better on PS4.  BF4 too most likely.

why resist... we all play together, Forge
I could never get into console FPS's in general... After years of mouse/keyboard, I just can't get the hang of playing them with a controller... frown
I decided to ask around at the various stores and nobody has ever heard of a way to use mouse/keyboard on consoles.... icon_frown
But, then I decided to do something that I probably should have done a long time ago... GoogleFu!
Turns out that there ARE ways to do this... more than one in fact... I decided on this one:
http://store.xim3.com/XIM-EDGE_p_12.html
Seems to get the best reviews. Ordered it today. Will let everyone know my experiences once I try it out... oh and it works for 360 AND PS3!!!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2013, 04:43:58 PM »

biggrin

Ceekay can you please let me know where you bought those Rose Colored glasses and that Vente sized cup of Denial. Because I really want to like the Xbone, but at this point I can't rationally do it. I would love to base my love on 5 exclusive games that will more than likely be nothing spectacular. I would love to compare proven AAA franchises to unknown Microsoft Exclusives but for some reason history is making it hard.

I think you need some more AAA's for your sarcasm detector on my statement you quoted.  as for the games I listed, most of them have proven studios behind them so I'm willing to give them a chance.   I realize it's cool to suck Sony's cock nowadays but they'll have to offer some better candy before I get down on my knees for them.

Because I can,
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2013, 05:15:52 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 15, 2013, 04:43:58 PM

biggrin

I think you need some more AAA's for your sarcasm detector on my statement you quoted.  as for the games I listed, most of them have proven studios behind them so I'm willing to give them a chance.   I realize it's cool to suck Sony's cock nowadays but they'll have to offer some better candy before I get down on my knees for them.

Uh...  they have a resume full of great candy from the last 8 years or so.    Demon's Souls was an exclusive.   God of War.   Uncharted.   The Last of Us.    The list goes on.

It's not like the PS3 was routed last generation.   I'd argue that once Microsoft implemented the dreadful interface changes the 360 current suffers from, it got BEHIND Sony in the war for the current best console.   Look -- I have all 3 consoles so I could give a shit about brand loyalty.    Microsoft rolled up in a Pinto to this year's E3 and Sony drove up in a Tesla.    Not all of this is fake rage by the internet masses.    Microsoft simply displayed gross misunderstanding of the consumer and arrogantly assumed we would swallow anything they threw out there.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2013, 05:18:34 PM »

You are the 2013 Hetz.

(no offense to Hetz)
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2013, 05:22:40 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 15, 2013, 05:15:52 PM

Demon's Souls was an exclusive. 

BTW, apparently hints were dropped of Demon's Souls 2.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2013, 05:30:47 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 15, 2013, 05:15:52 PM

Uh...  they have a resume full of great candy from the last 8 years or so.    Demon's Souls was an exclusive.   God of War.   Uncharted.   The Last of Us.    The list goes on.

apparently you're not reading my posts if you're using those games as an example of why I should jump on the Sony train.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2013, 05:31:26 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 15, 2013, 05:18:34 PM

You are the 2013 Hetz.

(no offense to Hetz)

no, you're the 2013 Hetz.

(I'm sorry Hetz)

Because I can,
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2013, 05:50:40 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 15, 2013, 05:31:26 PM

You are the 2013 Hetz.

(no offense to Hetz)

(I'm sorry Hetz)

Hey, I know a Hetz when I see one.

(sorry Hetz)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2013, 05:55:05 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 15, 2013, 05:50:40 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on June 15, 2013, 05:31:26 PM

You are the 2013 Hetz.

(no offense to Hetz)

(I'm sorry Hetz)

Hey, I know a Hetz when I see one.

(sorry Hetz)

and I know an Auburn loving Hetz when I see one.

(apologies Hetz)

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2013, 05:56:59 PM »

OK, so that was kinda mean.  Sorry Ms, hug?

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2013, 05:57:59 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 15, 2013, 01:19:57 PM

Was Mario 3D a launch title for the N64?

Nope, but Super Mario 64, which was available within a few months, was the game most people bought the system for. Considering it was remade for the DS with great sales and had excellent sales on the Virtual Console when it was made available, I'd say it's a launch game that's well remembered by many. You may be confused about 1 Mario title from another, but there's many fans for which the day they 1st fired up Super Mario World, Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Galaxy are unforgettable.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2013, 06:14:21 PM »

And we all agree that Super Mario Sunshine never happened.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: