http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 05:47:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: next Fatal Frame on the Wii?  (Read 835 times)
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2007, 12:31:53 AM »

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163198

Tecmo has been silent about Fatal Frame for some time now, but that doesn't mean the horror franchise has been forgotten. To the contrary, 1UP learned at Tokyo Game Show that Tecmo's enlisted the help of Grasshopper Manufacture to produce the next Fatal Frame game. And here's the kicker: it's for Wii.

Um, neat, I always wanted to play the games but never really bought one.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 12:44:55 AM »

The second one will scare the shit out of you and then come after your family. Buy it immediately. thumbsup thumbsup

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 02:28:18 AM »

i wish MS would make the first one BC with the 360,as i bought it a few weeks ago...and was a bit gutted that it wasnt compatible(known as project zero here)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 02:39:19 AM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on September 26, 2007, 12:44:55 AM

The second one will scare the shit out of you and then come after your family. Buy it immediately. thumbsup thumbsup

And the second one is BC compatible on the 360, so yeah, definitely buy it. If it doesn't scare the shit out of you, there's something wrong with you.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 03:00:46 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 26, 2007, 02:39:19 AM

And the second one is BC compatible on the 360, so yeah, definitely buy it. If it doesn't scare the shit out of you, there's something wrong with you.

is it????...why the hell did they make the second one BC but not the first one?...dicks!!...(hmm,on second thoughts maybe the NTSC version of the first one works and not the PAL...like silent hill 2)

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 03:12:56 AM »

Despite having played almost every Resident Evil game, every Silent Hill game and a countless other survival horror games, I've never played any of the Fatal Frame games.  icon_confused  I've been eyeing FF2:CB for some time, but just haven't made the effort to pick it up and play it.
If they get the Wii controls right in this one it may be my 1st in the series.  slywink thumbsup
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 03:53:44 AM »

The wii?  Bah.

I dunno, it seems that Fatal Frame would be one of the first games that could benefit from all the new more subtle (and often power intensive) graphical effects that the 360 and PS3 can do, not to mention fighting ghosts in HD.  While I have no doubt the Wii could pull it off, they won't have as much room to enhance the graphics and gameplay.  For example, the Wiis memory will just fill up with all the photos taken, whereas the 360 and ps3 have hard drives so you can store all the photos you want to keep.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 03:56:20 AM by Turtle » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 04:50:02 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 26, 2007, 03:00:46 AM

Quote from: Destructor on September 26, 2007, 02:39:19 AM

is it????...why the hell did they make the second one BC but not the first one?...dicks!!...(hmm,on second thoughts maybe the NTSC version of the first one works and not the PAL...like silent hill 2)

the first one is definitely BC.  I played it awhile before getting bored and trading it in.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 09:36:26 PM »

for some reason,Kotaku have only just picked this topic up,but i thought i would post the picture they had along withthe article,it made me smile icon_biggrin

rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 01:46:37 AM »

Hmm, maybe a Wii-mote flashlight or camera? Where do I sign up? Sounds awesome.
triggercut
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 07:00:51 AM »

Awesome news, and I hope they can make it memorable.

But...of course they will.

FF2 has me convinced that it is the greatest console game in any genre ever released--especially the Director's Cut for the Xbox (which is 360 compatible).  The Director's Cut lets you play in 3rd-person mode....or you can switch to First person, which is so crazy intense I've never finished a game with that enabled.

And then there's FF3.  FF2 might be a better all-around game, but FF3 (a ps2 only game) is in all ways scarier, and manages one of the most brilliant psychological chain yanks I've ever experienced in any horror media--books, movies, games. 
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 07:20:55 AM »

Holy crap.  I have to buy FF3 now.

I never made it through FF2, not because I was too scared, er, well that was a factor, but I just didn't have time.  It was the only game that I would only play during the day with bright sunlight outside.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: