http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 01:22:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Zelda Game - Old Link (Circa SpaceWorld years ago)  (Read 6241 times)
AgtFox
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 11, 2004, 07:10:45 PM »

Nintendo ended their program with showing off a new Zelda game (for GameCube) with an older Link and a new engine is what it looks like.  "Coming Soon" is all the ending said.

It looks awesome!  No subtitle on it yet either.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 07:21:32 PM »

I have decided to simply believe you are lying.  It is much easier than coping with the fact that they might not do another cell shaded version (which I loved completly wholey, and unabashedly)

You are just trying to make me feel bad... :evil:

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 07:42:24 PM »

Wish I could tell you I was lying, but I'm not.

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 07:50:47 PM »

pics of NEW Zelda

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 07:51:28 PM »

movie!!!
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 07:53:13 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
This is easily 100x better then another cel-shaded version smile
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2004, 07:55:40 PM »

Nintendo DS kickass?
Metroid DS looks almost as good as Metroid Prime?
New adult Zelda?

** faints **

Nintendo is pwning E3 so far (especially when you compare the reaction they got from the crowd at their press conference to Sony's)... can't wait to see what Microsoft pulls out.

EDIT:
Wait a minute, a new Viewtiful Joe game on the DS?

** faints again **

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2004, 08:12:28 PM »

Nintendo seems like they pulled out all the stops. The new Zelda game looks fantastic, and for some reason I'm more excited about the DS than I am the PSP.

Dimmona, MS already had their press conference yesterday. No big surprises as far as I'm aware of.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2004, 08:23:03 PM »

Let's see here...
  • Crisp 2D or Nintendo64 quality 3D for each screen
  • Touch screens
  • Built-in Bluetooth
  • Built-in WiFi
  • Voice recognition
  • All for roughly $150, ~half the price of the PSP
  • VIEWTIFUL JOE
  • Backwards compatible with GBA
  • Gigabyte data cartridges
  • Flash card support
  • Released *THIS* year in the US/Japan

I dunno, seems perfectly reasonable to be excited about it to me smile

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2004, 08:24:03 PM »

PSP definitely came across better then the DS to me.  The DS design looks a little dated, while the PSP is slick and the features and games they listed sounded pretty hot.  It's all just a matter of opinion though.  

This Zelda thing is definitely #1 for me so far.  "Winning E3" is a pretty empty victory, though, IMO.  I bet very, very few people could recall who supposedly "won" the last e3 without some furious googling smile
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2004, 08:27:21 PM »

Quote from: "kathode"
This is easily 100x better then another cel-shaded version smile

Obviously you are a uncouth, creiten.  Tongue

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2004, 08:29:06 PM »

After the pics and the movie link I am slightly better.  I still think the cell-shading was a brilliant and artistic move that set Wind Waker above any game I played last year but at least there will be a new Zelda so I'll take what I can get.

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2004, 08:35:02 PM »

Quote from: "kathode"
PSP definitely came across better then the DS to me.  The DS design looks a little dated, while the PSP is slick and the features and games they listed sounded pretty hot.  It's all just a matter of opinion though.  

Yeah I mean look at them both

See if this image works better

Now I admit the PSP is a much closer pic but it just looks slicker.  The DS looks like NES era gray plastic!

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2004, 08:35:48 PM »

lol, how appriopriate that the PSP picture doesn't exist slywink

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2004, 08:37:54 PM »

My God... it is beautiful. That is the most attractive game I've seen this generation (in that style I mean... competition is Halo/Metroid Prime etc).

I have to admit I'm gonna miss the cel-shading... but is is amazing looking.

DS is looking outstanding as well, very awesome stuff.

Nintendo has just pwned E3.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2004, 08:40:16 PM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
lol, how appriopriate that the PSP picture doesn't exist slywink

I am digging.  Apparently the gamershell link won't allow just displaying the image.  You need to right click and go to open image....I just can't find another pic which is as good...yet...

dandylife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2004, 08:42:34 PM »

I hope the item system in this new Zelda will be worthwhile.  Wind Waker became very boring to me by the time I got to the end.  Besides the main arsenal of items and weapons, the only rewards I ever got for completing quests and killing enemies in WW were ruppies, health, and magic.  Or powerups to increase how many of those I could hold.  Yawn.

How about an item system more in line with an RPG?

U2K Tha Greate$t on the New Orleans flooding: "The issues that happen in NO, is well you aint blind, you know how satan do things, not only that, but did you ever think why the water couldnt go now where?"
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2004, 08:46:19 PM »

Quote from: "dandylife"
I hope the item system in this new Zelda will be worthwhile.  Wind Waker became very boring to me by the time I got to the end.  Besides the main arsenal of items and weapons, the only rewards I ever got for completing quests and killing enemies in WW were ruppies, health, and magic.  Or powerups to increase how many of those I could hold.  Yawn.

that wouldn't be very Zelda like would it?  I mean none of the games really have an item system like an RPG.

dandylife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2004, 08:53:13 PM »

Quote from: "farley2k"
Quote from: "dandylife"

that wouldn't be very Zelda like would it?  I mean none of the games really have an item system like an RPG.

I know.  Maybe it's time for a change.

U2K Tha Greate$t on the New Orleans flooding: "The issues that happen in NO, is well you aint blind, you know how satan do things, not only that, but did you ever think why the water couldnt go now where?"
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2004, 11:57:00 PM »

As late as a few months ago, the producer of Wind Waker said they were working on Wind Waker 2 with the same graphics engine.  I doubt they scrapped that game, so I would assume they're making both.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2004, 01:45:09 AM »

Okay, I'm impressed.

The best part? I get to play this tomorrow.  :twisted:

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2004, 01:54:36 AM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
As late as a few months ago, the producer of Wind Waker said they were working on Wind Waker 2 with the same graphics engine.  I doubt they scrapped that game, so I would assume they're making both.

This one may have gone to the DS.  Shigeru may be overlooking this one while the other guy overlooks the Wind Waker engine game for the DS.

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2004, 02:44:26 PM »

Now that I think about it more my excitement is flagging.  Not because it doesn't look good but because it shows no inovation at all.  I mean shocking suprise - another Zelda game!

While I think this will please fans who already own a Cube I don't see this as selling more.

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2004, 03:00:36 PM »

This one may have gone to the DS.  Shigeru may be overlooking this one while the other guy overlooks the Wind Waker engine game for the DS.
Would be very surprised if the DS had the power to run anything approaching the Wind Waker engine.  Cel-shading is not just some cheap texture effect.  Plus with all the animations that game had...  I would welcome it but be very surprised.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2004, 04:27:47 PM »

Now that I think about it more my excitement is flagging.  Not because it doesn't look good but because it shows no inovation at all.  I mean shocking suprise - another Zelda game!

Let me get this straight... they've shown 30 seconds of video showing almost no gameplay and you're already judging the game on innovation!?  Almost every Zelda game they've created in the past has been innovative in some way, so it stands to reason that this one will be as well.  But to judge it on a 30 sec E3 trailer is ludicrous...

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2004, 05:36:39 PM »

Let me get this straight... they've shown 30 seconds of video showing almost no gameplay and you're already judging the game on innovation!?  Almost every Zelda game they've created in the past has been innovative in some way, so it stands to reason that this one will be as well.  But to judge it on a 30 sec E3 trailer is ludicrous...

I am not judging the game I am judging the inovation of Nintendo.   And it sucks.  They milk every franchise they have to death and generally don't do squat for inovation.

Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2004, 05:44:09 PM »

Would be very surprised if the DS had the power to run anything approaching the Wind Waker engine. Cel-shading is not just some cheap texture effect. Plus with all the animations that game had... I would welcome it but be very surprised.

I dunno, I've been really impressed by what I've seen on the DS so far. Unfortunately I don't know enough about ARM processors (especially 9) to make an educated guess.

I am not judging the game I am judging the inovation of Nintendo. And it sucks. They milk every franchise they have to death and generally don't do squat for inovation.

As opposed to what? No other company on the planet is as innovative as Nintendo. Stick it in your ear.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2004, 06:16:30 PM »

Quote from: "Belgedin"

As opposed to what? No other company on the planet is as innovative as Nintendo. Stick it in your ear.

First of all stick what in my ear?

Second like everyone here I am entitled to my opinion.  Yours is no more valid than mine.  If you can't stand reading other people's opinions you really shouldn't bother coming into a public board.

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2004, 06:27:57 PM »

I am not judging the game I am judging the inovation of Nintendo.   And it sucks.  They milk every franchise they have to death and generally don't do squat for inovation.

Umm... I am at a complete loss for words...
Apparently original 1st party published Gamecube franchises like Animal Crossing, Eternal Darkness, Pikmin, Wario Ware, Final Fantasy:CC, Custom Robo, etc. aren't considered innovative.

I also guess that their 'rehased' franchises like Metroid Prime, Zelda:Wind Waker, SSBM, etc. were just the same old games we had seen before then as well, huh?

And we won't even talk about all those uninnovative 3rd party Cube-only games like Viewtiful Joe, Harvest Moon, Super Monkeyball, etc.

I guess I'd really like to know what your definition of innovation is, and how Microsoft and Sony are doing a better job.  Geez, it's like the whole PS2/Xbox/Gamecube fanboyism all over again...

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2004, 06:51:00 PM »

Umm... I am at a complete loss for words...
Apparently original 1st party published Gamecube franchises like Animal Crossing, Eternal Darkness, Pikmin, Wario Ware, Final Fantasy:CC, Custom Robo, etc. aren't considered innovative.

Sure mention the good ones. :lol:

I guess I'd really like to know what your definition of innovation is, and how Microsoft and Sony are doing a better job.  Geez, it's like the whole PS2/Xbox/Gamecube fanboyism all over again...

I never said the others were better so it is hard to equate this with fanboyism of any one company.   Tongue

However I do think that the other two let their 3rd party developers push the envelope a bit more than the big N does which allows for greater inovation.   Now they could do more but out of the big three I think it is hard to argue that Nintendo has a reputation for invation.

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2004, 06:52:54 PM »

and I really can't wait for today's updates so we can get on with discussing more exciting stuff!

Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2004, 05:58:06 AM »

First of all stick what in my ear?

Your piss-poor attitude, and your little, "valid" opinion. Anything that fits, though, will do. Be creative. Have fun with it.

Second like everyone here I am entitled to my opinion.

Yeah, and my opinion is your opinion stinks. That is valid, right?

Yours is no more valid than mine. If you can't stand reading other people's opinions you really shouldn't bother coming into a public board.

Ahh, the oft-used fail-safe "If you don't like it, leave." Charming, positively charming.

I'm just bloody sick and tired of every whiney bugger running around spouting anti-Nintendo babble. Especially with ignorant claims such "Nintendo isn't innovative enough. Its milking its franchises... Oh, hey, look! Jak 3! OMG WTF LOL!!111!" And this is of course without mentioning any of the new things Nintendo has brought to the table. No, those things are conveniently left out. Oh, and we won't mention that Nintendo always tries to mix things up with nearly all its franchise games. No, that would hurt our argument too much.

Instead of raining on everyone elses parade, why don't just go give a good word on something you do like?

Anyway, I'm sorry I've gone off topic. My displeasure has been voiced, and I won't tarnish the thread further.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2004, 07:52:11 AM »

According to Game Informer, Wind Waker 2 has been dropped in favor of this new game.  Apparently, they kept referring to WW2 so people wouldn't be expecting the announcement of the new game.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2004, 02:05:34 PM »

From Shiggy Miyamoto:

So Mr. Aonuma actually wasn't lying at the Game Developer's Conference when he said we were working on Wind Waker 2. He just didn't tell the whole story. And fortunately because he didn't tell the whole story, we were able to surprise you all here with a big announcement about the series.
[/quote]
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2004, 08:13:59 PM »

...and for what it's worth, the new Zelda game is running on top of the Wind Waker engine smile

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2004, 01:33:59 PM »

And is coming out in 2005 frown

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2004, 06:04:33 PM »

2005?  Linkage?  I thought they announced it for this holiday season...

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2004, 06:39:52 PM »

Gamespot says 2005 on their game page

Also here

"Just after the end of E3 2004's first day, Nintendo held a roundtable discussion so that the press could hear from the director of Wind Waker and Link's new adventure, Eiji Aonuma. During the event, Aonuma confirmed that the new Legend of Zelda game--unveiled at Nintendo's pre-E3 press conference--is currently scheduled for release in 2005."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: