http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 01:07:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Xenosaga III footage  (Read 573 times)
depward
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2005, 06:11:09 AM »

There's some new footage for Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra over at GameTrailers here.

Was a big fan of the first game.  The second installment wasn't so great.  Though, I think I generally liked it more so than the average person who played it.  The battle system was horrific to me though.  But at least the ending was good!

This third and final installment looks pretty dang good from the footage I'm seeing.  Though, that has ALWAYS been a strong point for the Xenosaga series' trailers.  They always seem to entice me along with the great Xenosaga musical score.  Even the second game had a fantastic trailer that I still have on my harddrive.

Anyways, looks pretty good!  Graphics look a lot better than the second Xenosaga.  Shion JUST might be wearing even less clothing this time around too.  That's neat.

But yeah, looks good!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 04:40:18 PM »

As much as I loved the first Xenosaga (probably in my all-time top 5 games), I absolutely hated the second one.  The story was fine, but the changes they made to the combat system took all the fun out of the game.  My problem now is that since I never finished episode II, I'm afraid I'll be lost on the story for epsiode III.  Hmmm, what to do...

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 05:07:01 PM »

That looks fantastic (visually).  If they turn it around and give the series a nice conclusion then I suppose I'll go ahead and power through XS2 (pretty short for an RPG so that's a bonus).
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 08:42:02 PM »

They may do what they did for XS2, and offer a preorder bonus DVD with a story recap of XS2 for XS3.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 09:01:57 PM »

Great music!

It's a shame I can't get into RPG's anymore  :cry:

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
They may do what they did for XS2, and offer a preorder bonus DVD with a story recap of XS2 for XS3.

The favorite thing for XII was getting that pre-order DVD for Xenosaga I!

The quality is a bit bonked, but still - since I <3 my cinematics, it's awesome to have a DVD with them all for Xenosaga I.  Having the same for Xenosaga II would be awesome!

depward

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 03:27:13 AM »

EddieA and others - there's a seller on Ebay that sells custom-made "Cinema Anthologies" including one for Xenosaga Episode II.  They look to be extremely good quality (both in packaging and in video quality) so I went ahead and ordered the Xenosaga II Cinema Anthology.

Since the first Xenosaga "pre-order" DVD had pretty bad quality videos, I'll see if this XII one is better and possibly order a copy of the Xenosaga I from the same guy/gal if that's the case.

Still - I say that's pretty dang good idea to made custom-made "Cinema Anthologies" of video games.  Because I know people like me that really enjoy cinemas in games and don't neccessarily want to play though the whole game again to experience them.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 04:18:07 AM »

Man that anthology sounds like an awesome idea.  Please update the thread when you check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: