http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 06:37:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 64487 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3160 on: March 11, 2014, 12:08:24 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 10, 2014, 08:19:22 PM

Does the XB1 continue downloading things after you turn it off?  Or do you have to turn it off in a specific way to make that happen?

If you have the Instant On (sleep) power mode selected then it should continue downloading after you shut it down.  If you have the Energy Saver it apparently won't.

I know with the 360 you had to press and hold the power button to get it to keep downloading.

I never had to do that, I just shut it off from the controller and it finished downloading anything active as long as I had the appropriate setting turned on.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: March 11, 2014, 12:46:26 AM »

Well, you Xbots have something to be proud of.  I just used the new Twitch streaming app on XBO and it streams much nicer than PS4.  Quality is a drastic improvement.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: March 12, 2014, 12:29:43 AM »

Bah, optical out still isn't quite there for the system. I switched to bitstream Dolby surround this morning since my Astro headset doesn't do DTS and it sounded phenomenal. Very noticeable improvement.

Later in the day I booted up the XB1 again, nothing altered, and now I get a crackling popping sound any time the XB1 plays audio. Online search shows I'm not the only one (but it's bizarre that it worked just fine earlier today).

Switching back to stereo out eliminates the crackling, but now that I've had a taste of better sound it's annoying to have to go back.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: March 12, 2014, 01:07:23 AM »

Got the headset adapter set up with:
ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Headset

And it works great as advertised. Full surround sound, chat coming in loud and clear. Still feels a bit overpriced at $25 but oh wells.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: March 12, 2014, 01:31:21 AM »

Are you using the optical out with Dolby?  No snap crackle pop?
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: March 12, 2014, 01:33:50 AM »

No Pug, not even once. Very clear. Do you have the 40's or the 50's

Semper Fidelis

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: March 12, 2014, 01:35:38 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on March 12, 2014, 01:33:50 AM

No Pug, not even once. Very clear. Do you have the 40's or the 50's

A40 and the Mixamp
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: March 12, 2014, 01:36:00 AM »

Ok, I have an old a40 I can try to see if i get the same problems as you.

Semper Fidelis

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: March 12, 2014, 01:40:09 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on March 12, 2014, 01:36:00 AM

Ok, I have an old a40 I can try to see if i get the same problems as you.
Only happens for me with optical out, bitstream, Dolby, and between the hours of 1pm - now. Earlier than 1pm and it sounds great.
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: March 12, 2014, 01:44:28 AM »

Yeah no issues at the moment with that setup, for what it's worth I'm just testing the audio stuff out watching the Avengers Bluray

Semper Fidelis

Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: March 12, 2014, 11:46:55 PM »

MajorNelson tweeted today that if you hear cracklin to update your controller. There were 2 updates 1 from system update and the other from the chat adapter. 

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: March 13, 2014, 01:13:36 AM »

Thanks for that.  Earlier today I tried a cold boot, which then prompted me to do the 2nd controller update.  One or both of those has fixed my cracklin'.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: March 13, 2014, 11:15:54 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on March 11, 2014, 12:46:26 AM

Well, you Xbots have something to be proud of.  I just used the new Twitch streaming app on XBO and it streams much nicer than PS4.  Quality is a drastic improvement.

Yeah, I checked my archived feed yesterday

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: March 14, 2014, 01:01:51 PM »

The NPD numbers for February are out, and it spells good news for XB1. XB1 sold 90% of PS4's numbers (258,000 to an estimated 286,000). Due to the XB1's higher prices, it actually outsold the PS4 in terms of dollars. Attach rate was also quite high at 2.75. Note that this is before the "Titanfall" effect, so hopefully March will look good as well.

Theories behind this are early sales in anticipation of Titanfall, or consumers getting fed up with the scarcity of the PS4 and going Xbone. Whatever the case, though, it seems the rumors of the XB1's demise have been greatly exaggerated, which is great news for gamers.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: March 14, 2014, 02:36:59 PM »

Quote from: Roman on March 12, 2014, 11:46:55 PM

MajorNelson tweeted today that if you hear cracklin to update your controller. There were 2 updates 1 from system update and the other from the chat adapter. 

How does one update their controller?
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: March 14, 2014, 02:57:03 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 14, 2014, 02:36:59 PM

Quote from: Roman on March 12, 2014, 11:46:55 PM

How does one update their controller?

You need a USB to micro adapter.  Plug the controller into the XBox (USB port is on the back, unless I just didn't see one on the front and it's there).  Go to Settings and the go to System.  Choose Update Controller in the bottom left controller.  Kind of ridiculous that they do controller firmware upgrades but don't have a great way to notify people.  I had heard it was coming and then forgot about it.  I think some podcast reminded me I could update it.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: March 14, 2014, 03:10:16 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on March 14, 2014, 02:57:03 PM

Kind of ridiculous that they do controller firmware upgrades but don't have a great way to notify people.

I got prompted by my XB1 for at least the second update.  I think the USB cable has to be attached for it to realize the controller is out of date.  (but yeah, it's still ridiculous they can't detect your firmware version wirelessly)
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: March 14, 2014, 03:33:22 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 14, 2014, 03:10:16 PM

Quote from: The Grue on March 14, 2014, 02:57:03 PM

Kind of ridiculous that they do controller firmware upgrades but don't have a great way to notify people.

I got prompted by my XB1 for at least the second update.  I think the USB cable has to be attached for it to realize the controller is out of date.  (but yeah, it's still ridiculous they can't detect your firmware version wirelessly)

Yeah, I mean we are very in tune with the industry and news, but imagine people who wouldn't ever know this was a thing.

Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: March 14, 2014, 06:53:49 PM »

Hmmmmm. Despite doing both updates I suffered from the crackle last night. Really annoying.
I'll see if I can re apply the update

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: March 14, 2014, 07:03:26 PM »

Quote from: Roman on March 14, 2014, 06:53:49 PM

Hmmmmm. Despite doing both updates I suffered from the crackle last night. Really annoying.
I'll see if I can re apply the update

Try doing a cold boot by shutting down the system by pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds and leaving it off for a bit before starting it up.

...then be sure to check your autoexec.bat and config.sys.  Loading the controller firmware into HIMEM really helps give you extra room for mouse drivers.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: March 14, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »

The Wii U actually did "180%" better than last year. Which I am guestimating means it sold somewhere around 150k-180k. I guess people really wanted a new Donkey Kong country game...?  confused

I really don't have any dog in any console war since I am sitting comfortably on the sidelines, but I think any comparison between XB1 and PS4 monthly sales is meaningless until the PS4 is as readily available as the XB1. I haven't seen a PS4 anywhere in weeks.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: March 14, 2014, 09:40:45 PM »

Saw two where I work. As well as XB1, both the original and titanfall bundle. Though I thought it was odd that the titanfall one didn't have the changed, in appearance, console.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: March 14, 2014, 09:50:56 PM »

Quote from: Andrew Wonser on March 14, 2014, 09:40:45 PM

Saw two where I work. As well as XB1, both the original and titanfall bundle. Though I thought it was odd that the titanfall one didn't have the changed, in appearance, console.
There's no Titanfall branded console for sale, and even the Titanfall controller that exists is not a part of the Titanfall bundle.  It's the exact same XB1 in a box except that Intern Josef slipped a download code card in.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: March 14, 2014, 10:11:15 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 14, 2014, 09:50:56 PM

There's no Titanfall branded console for sale, and even the Titanfall controller that exists is not a part of the Titanfall bundle.  It's the exact same XB1 in a box except that Intern Josef slipped a download code card in.
well, that's a big ole box of disappointing. laziest bundle ever.  the use of the code instead of a retail copy is even worse imo, although it would make flipping it easier.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: March 14, 2014, 10:25:57 PM »

Quote from: Caine on March 14, 2014, 10:11:15 PM

well, that's a big ole box of disappointing. laziest bundle ever.  the use of the code instead of a retail copy is even worse imo, although it would make flipping it easier.

Well based on the leak at GAF before the bundle ever showed up it was going to be a custom console, and concept art was leaked, that ended up looking exactly like the box Respawn received.  We'll never know why they abandoned it but speculation is that they already had too many regular Xbox Ones in the channel and the big box stores were reluctant to take more shipments.  The bundle I believe just has a digital card inserted and puts a cardboard slip cover around a standard XB1 box. (yup just watched an uboxing of the bundle, that's exactly what it is.)

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: March 15, 2014, 12:23:32 AM »

Quote from: JCC
I really don't have any dog in any console war since I am sitting comfortably on the sidelines, but I think any comparison between XB1 and PS4 monthly sales is meaningless until the PS4 is as readily available as the XB1. I haven't seen a PS4 anywhere in weeks.

I don't think it's meaningless for the simple reason that the PS4 outsold the XB1 2:1 in January, yet one would presume it was just as scarce then (if not scarcer).
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: March 15, 2014, 02:12:25 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on March 15, 2014, 12:23:32 AM

I don't think it's meaningless for the simple reason that the PS4 outsold the XB1 2:1 in January, yet one would presume it was just as scarce then (if not scarcer).

(Shrugs) I can't possibly comment on whether or not the ps4 was more or less supply constrained in the US in February vs January. What I do know is that the xbox one was not supply constrained in February and the ps4 was. I am not in any way implying that the xbox one is doing poorly, but comparing sales of it to the ps4 is silly when ps4s are hard to find and xbox ones are not.

-John

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: March 15, 2014, 02:12:56 AM »

The cardboard slip covers and such are how the PS3 bundles have been. At least my Last of Us one was just like that.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3188 on: March 15, 2014, 12:39:40 PM »

I don't know why it should make a difference, but I got a Titanfall bundle this week and the box is not a slipcover. It's a fully custom-printed box for the bundle. Everything inside the box is standard except for the Titanfall download card though.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
JCC

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3189 on: March 15, 2014, 01:03:41 PM »

Quote from: disarm on March 15, 2014, 12:39:40 PM

I don't know why it should make a difference, but I got a Titanfall bundle this week and the box is not a slipcover. It's a fully custom-printed box for the bundle. Everything inside the box is standard except for the Titanfall download card though.

Yes I saw one of these at best buy this week. I thought it looked pretty sharp, and that's coming from someone with no interest in titanfall.          

-John

forgeforsaken

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3190 on: March 15, 2014, 01:55:22 PM »

Quote from: disarm on March 15, 2014, 12:39:40 PM

There seems to be a mix of both out in the wild.
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: March 15, 2014, 04:20:36 PM »

My mistake on that one. Had assumed they were going all in on their Titanfall push which includes their favorite thing to do which is a redesigned console.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: March 15, 2014, 04:29:25 PM »

Quote from: JCC on March 15, 2014, 02:12:25 AM

Quote from: YellowKing on March 15, 2014, 12:23:32 AM

(Shrugs) I can't possibly comment on whether or not the ps4 was more or less supply constrained in the US in February vs January. What I do know is that the xbox one was not supply constrained in February and the ps4 was. I am not in any way implying that the xbox one is doing poorly, but comparing sales of it to the ps4 is silly when ps4s are hard to find and xbox ones are not.

Exactly, there are tons of Xbox Ones around. I see them whenever I am out. Heck, everytime I walk into Best Buy there are multiple signs that say they are available. As for the PS4, well good luck finding one. Your best bet seems to be on Amazon. I did see a PS4 yesterday at Wal-Mart, but that is only the second time I have seen one since launch.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: March 15, 2014, 04:53:25 PM »

All I'm saying is that if one variable stays the same (PS4 is hard to find) and one variable changes (XB1 sales increase), then it's fair to say that XB1 sales increased. At any rate, the PS4 isn't hard to find in my area because I bought one at Target 15 minutes ago smile
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: March 15, 2014, 04:58:54 PM »

YEAH!

Don't forget to update it and set your "Real Name" preferences before you go online.  Oh, and make sure you redeem your free month of PSN so you can get Dead Nation, Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2 on your PS3!

(Tomb Raider is also available, but you should either play your PC version or continue waiting for the Definitive Edition to drop in price.)

Does anyone know if Resogun and Contrast are still free for PS4 purchasers?  If so, make sure you get those, too!

-Autistic Angel
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: March 15, 2014, 06:22:54 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on March 15, 2014, 04:53:25 PM

All I'm saying is that if one variable stays the same (PS4 is hard to find) and one variable changes (XB1 sales increase), then it's fair to say that XB1 sales increased. At any rate, the PS4 isn't hard to find in my area because I bought one at Target 15 minutes ago smile

You don't know that the PS4 stayed the same.  It might have been less supply constrained in January.  The thing is, we just don't know.  Anyway, congrats on joining the "I Have Them Both Club."  It's really the best way to go and keeps the fanboyism to a minimum.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3196 on: March 15, 2014, 06:38:59 PM »

Quit turning this thread into the console wars thread, please.  We already have one of those and it sucks.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: March 15, 2014, 07:57:22 PM »

Ummm I don't see any war here - if anything I see camaraderie...
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: March 15, 2014, 09:20:13 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on March 15, 2014, 07:57:22 PM

Ummm I don't see any war here - if anything I see camaraderie...

Agreed. One person with neither console discussing sales numbers and what they mean with another person who (now) owns both consoles. Which opposing sides of the "war" are we supposed to be on?

-John

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: March 15, 2014, 11:13:21 PM »

I think the new house rules are that threads labelled as just one console are just for discussing that one console, and anything comparing the two consoles is to be constrained to That Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: