http://gamingtrend.com
August 31, 2014, 08:54:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 68441 times)
Kagath
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: December 18, 2013, 06:20:01 AM »

Try the 'bang on the bottom of the drive area' trick. Cheesy I know, but it seems to work. Something about a gear not aligning properly.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: December 18, 2013, 02:42:50 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on December 13, 2013, 05:05:50 PM

For Ryse I signed up for a 30-day free Gamefly trial, put only Ryse in my queue, then plan to beat it and promptly cancel my subscription. smile

I can't tell if that's evil, neutral, or genius.

Genius, if the company wasn't managed so poorly.....

They recently had a PC digital download sale and EVERY SINGLE GAME that I attempted to purchase kept coming back with the error "Your cart has been modified. The game you are attempting to purchase is no longer available."  I couldn't purchase anything. So I sent them an e-mail asking when they would be getting more digital keys back in stock. Even though they promise a response in 24 hours, it took them almost two days.

Miraculously, I received an e-mail from them three hours AFTER the sale ended. Every game was suddenly back in stock and and the e-mail stated "We have reviewed your request and are pleased to inform you that the titles you requested are in stock. You may begin purchasing them immediately."

Yeah, at full price. thanks. I sent a response saying that it might be nice, from a customer service standpoint, to grey out the "purchase button" when they run out of keys. GreenManGaming and GOG manage to do this, so their customers don't spend time loading up a cart with items that are unavailable.

And back when I rented console games, the time it took to actually receive an Xbox or PS3 title increased by about 2 days once my free membership ran out and I was paying for the service. There was an article in the past about how trial memberships were always put to the front of the queue, to lure in new customers.

Screw Gamefly.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: December 18, 2013, 04:42:39 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on December 18, 2013, 02:42:50 PM

Quote from: YellowKing on December 13, 2013, 05:05:50 PM

For Ryse I signed up for a 30-day free Gamefly trial, put only Ryse in my queue, then plan to beat it and promptly cancel my subscription. smile

I can't tell if that's evil, neutral, or genius.

Genius, if the company wasn't managed so poorly.....

They recently had a PC digital download sale and EVERY SINGLE GAME that I attempted to purchase kept coming back with the error "Your cart has been modified. The game you are attempting to purchase is no longer available."  I couldn't purchase anything. So I sent them an e-mail asking when they would be getting more digital keys back in stock. Even though they promise a response in 24 hours, it took them almost two days.

Miraculously, I received an e-mail from them three hours AFTER the sale ended. Every game was suddenly back in stock and and the e-mail stated "We have reviewed your request and are pleased to inform you that the titles you requested are in stock. You may begin purchasing them immediately."

Yeah, at full price. thanks. I sent a response saying that it might be nice, from a customer service standpoint, to grey out the "purchase button" when they run out of keys. GreenManGaming and GOG manage to do this, so their customers don't spend time loading up a cart with items that are unavailable.

And back when I rented console games, the time it took to actually receive an Xbox or PS3 title increased by about 2 days once my free membership ran out and I was paying for the service. There was an article in the past about how trial memberships were always put to the front of the queue, to lure in new customers.

Screw Gamefly.

I went to buy some games from them awhile back from their download section.  Now, mind you, this was after I just re-subscribed, so they have charged my card and know the account is good (not to mention I have bought PC downloadable games from them before).  I figure I'd download the games overnight, and play them the next day.  I go through the checkout, enter my info, and confirm it.  About 5 minutes later I get an email from them saying they needed to contact me to verify it is me using the account and will call me during their customer service hours.  WHAT?  they have no problem letting me log in using the account to change my game rental information, but if I want to buy a goddamned game from them I have to wait for them to call me?  I replied back, using these exact words: 'cancel the goddamned order.  I don't buy released digital games just to wait to even start downloading them.'  Still, they tried calling me early the next day (early on a Sunday morning), and emailed me back saying they'd need verbal confirmation to authorize the purchase.  Apparently I wasn't clear enough in the previous email, so this time my response was less polite.

after that they gave me two $15 coupons that I could use to buy games.  Which I did, and made sure it didn't go a penny over $30.  It'll be the last time I buy anything from them.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: December 18, 2013, 04:55:56 PM »

Yeah with Ryse done, I'm canceling my sub. Not enough games to use them anyway, and I haven't heard many good stories about their service. Thanks for the free game, suckas!
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: December 18, 2013, 07:25:09 PM »

Hey am I missing something obvious or is there a simple way of restarting/rebooting a game (to the opening menu) that's already loaded?  Here's my problem: sometimes upon bootup, the internet connection apparently doesn't get recognized fast enough (no idea why), so when I go into NBA 2K14 it bumps me into MyPlayer mode as if I were just starting.  There appears to be no way to get it to recognize that the internet is working, so I end up with the only way to reboot the game being physically ejecting the disk and re-inserting.  This seems absolutely ridiculous to me.

- - -

In other updates, Xbox On seems to work about 50% of the time now, but I literally have to yell at it to take.  I've also finally been able to get my Logitech Harmony to work the way I want it to, with a mix of Xbox and Directv and receiver volume all being available without swapping devices.  There're still some quirks but for the most part it's pretty solid finally, but what a struggle.  I have to say it seems incredibly incompetent for a company as big as Micros$oft to release a product that's poised/designed to "take over the living room" without a solid remote control system.  Voice control and/or motion gestures are not even close to being refined as yet (and I suspect there are some people who simply couldn't or wouldn't want to use them for TV viewing), so why not prepare a really usable remote?  It's not like some super new technology required, infrared alone to start with would have been more than enough.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: December 18, 2013, 08:44:56 PM »

I usually hit the guide button followed by the new "start" button (windowed in the dash)
Should be an option to quit the game or application

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: December 18, 2013, 11:26:27 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on December 18, 2013, 07:25:09 PM

In other updates, Xbox On seems to work about 50% of the time now, but I literally have to yell at it to take.

Evil idea time:  totally power off someone's XB1 when they're not looking, then watch as they sit there saying 'Xbox on!' over and over.

Because I can,
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: December 19, 2013, 02:13:43 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on December 18, 2013, 07:25:09 PM

In other updates, Xbox On seems to work about 50% of the time now, but I literally have to yell at it to take. 

It's weird....it seems like to turn it on, I need to be near the darn thing to get it to wake up.  But I can turn it off from the other room.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: December 19, 2013, 02:24:41 AM »

Yeah, it's a common problem. Mine will eventually come on if I yell at it five or six times from a foot away. I can practically whisper from the other side of the house to turn it off though. I've tested this repeatedly. There's a big thread at neogaf with people having the exact same experience. Hopefully they'll patch it up at some point.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: December 19, 2013, 01:20:49 PM »

That doesn't sound frustrating at all.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: December 19, 2013, 01:27:29 PM »

Xbox On works maybe 50% of the time... I just walk up and turn it on at the point

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: December 19, 2013, 02:26:43 PM »

I think they intentionally made it less sensitive so as to not accidentally come on when you don't want it to?

Just my theory.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2892 on: December 19, 2013, 03:46:34 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on December 19, 2013, 02:26:43 PM

I think they intentionally made it less sensitive so as to not accidentally come on when you don't want it to?

Just my theory.

given the name, I'd hope this was an accidental case of oversensitivity.  not sure about the rest of you, but I don't often discuss my game systems by name while I'm in the same room.  I can only think of a few instances where that would come up. 

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2893 on: December 19, 2013, 03:46:55 PM »

My XB1 is in my bedroom, so I don't have any good distance to check. I can tell you that when I walk in the room I use a normal speaking voice to tell it Xbox On and it works every. single. time (that there isn't some update that powered it off allaway).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: December 19, 2013, 03:57:37 PM »

Quote from: Caine on December 19, 2013, 03:46:34 PM

Just my theory.

given the name, I'd hope this was an accidental case of oversensitivity.  not sure about the rest of you, but I don't often discuss my game systems by name while I'm in the same room.  I can only think of a few instances where that would come up. 

One of my kids' name is Xbox, so it really causes some serious confusion.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: December 19, 2013, 04:17:27 PM »

More annoying than it not coming on when my daughter or someone else with a softer voice wants it to come on is the fact that the IR seems to die periodically.  I have to pull power from the XBox and do a cold boot and it starts right up working again.  Has only happened twice since I got it, but still annoying.  I chalk it up to issues with the Standby.  Game state is similarly wonky.  Resumed DR3 today and then it crashed.  I know that one is marked beta...don't think the system standby is marked as such, though, so I would expect IR not to go bye bye.

Also, oddly enough, my PS4 has much better success rate at detecting me in front of the camera than the XBO.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2896 on: December 19, 2013, 04:42:53 PM »

I would put in a call to MSFT. That doesn't sound right at all.

The only time my console can't detect me is if I'm lying down under the covers and I turn it on while prone. Otherwise it finds me pretty quickly and transitions between different controllers with no problems.

I do think my Day One controllers' RB is flaky. I'll be putting in a call.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: December 19, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 19, 2013, 04:42:53 PM

I would put in a call to MSFT. That doesn't sound right at all.

The only time my console can't detect me is if I'm lying down under the covers and I turn it on while prone. Otherwise it finds me pretty quickly and transitions between different controllers with no problems.

I do think my Day One controllers' RB is flaky. I'll be putting in a call.

It detects my other family members fine, though.  One thing I have is some big brown couches in a tight area and I have a feeling it throws it off some.  I know one time when I told it that it didn't recognize me and it brought up the screen showing where it thought I was, it was the top of a couch over to the right of me.  The camera image itself looks great, so I don't think  it is a camera defect.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2898 on: December 19, 2013, 05:00:02 PM »

Did you go through the "green floor" calibration tool?

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: December 19, 2013, 05:40:03 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 19, 2013, 05:00:02 PM

Did you go through the "green floor" calibration tool?
Yep, lots of times.  The weird thing about it, though, is it always wants me to tilt the camera in a way where you can't see much of my floor.

Let me ask you this...is your camera low or high?  Mine is only like a foot from the ground.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2900 on: December 19, 2013, 06:51:22 PM »

Mine is at the height of the bottom of my TV, so maybe 2.5 feet up, and it recognizes me quickly when I stand in front of it.  I'm assuming you've gone to the tool to see what Kinect sees?

Sandwiches do fix everything.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: December 19, 2013, 06:59:10 PM »

"Xbox turn on."

"Buy me dinner first."
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: December 19, 2013, 07:14:27 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on December 19, 2013, 06:51:22 PM

Mine is at the height of the bottom of my TV, so maybe 2.5 feet up, and it recognizes me quickly when I stand in front of it.  I'm assuming you've gone to the tool to see what Kinect sees?

Yeah, like I said, everything looks great on the screen when it shows the camera view.  Not like there's a big black spot in the middle or something.  I could probably mess with moving the couches just to see if it improved, but ultimately I expected the new Kinect to work better in all environments.  So if it turned out to be the couches, I would be disappointed.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: December 19, 2013, 07:52:03 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on December 19, 2013, 01:27:29 PM

Xbox On works maybe 50% of the time... I just walk up and turn it on at the point

or you could hit the guide button on the controller.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: December 19, 2013, 07:52:13 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on December 19, 2013, 06:59:10 PM

"Xbox turn on."

"Buy me dinner first."
icon_lol

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: December 19, 2013, 07:53:01 PM »

Just my theory.

that would be a good idea, maybe you need to speak louder for the initial power up.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2906 on: December 19, 2013, 08:22:36 PM »

One thing to note: the Kinect camera has a standard 1/4-20 UNC threaded port for a tripod, so if you have a camera tripod you can play around with it to see if there is a height issue.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: December 19, 2013, 08:22:54 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on December 19, 2013, 07:14:27 PM

Not like there's a big black spot in the middle or something. 

other than your soul biggrin

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: December 20, 2013, 12:02:34 AM »

Is anyone else finding it ironic that the Xbone isn't able to see the Grue?

I'm surprised it hasn't been eaten.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2909 on: December 20, 2013, 02:05:08 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on December 20, 2013, 12:02:34 AM

You mean like last week?

Quote from: CeeKay on December 15, 2013, 02:16:22 AM

it can't see you because of the dark.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: December 20, 2013, 04:09:47 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 20, 2013, 02:05:08 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on December 20, 2013, 12:02:34 AM

You mean like last week?

Quote from: CeeKay on December 15, 2013, 02:16:22 AM

it can't see you because of the dark.

That comment was so obscure, it was likely to be eaten itself.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: December 20, 2013, 04:12:07 PM »

icon_lol

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: December 22, 2013, 03:15:59 AM »

okay some a cool feature I just found or noticed.  Xbox Bing (a movie) Bing searched all available options for me to watch across all apps and television stations.   A very cool feature

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: December 22, 2013, 03:39:35 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on December 22, 2013, 03:15:59 AM

okay some a cool feature I just found or noticed.  Xbox Bing (a movie) Bing searched all available options for me to watch across all apps and television stations.   A very cool feature

I think the 360 did that as well, at least for the apps.

Because I can,
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: December 23, 2013, 11:42:53 PM »

Apparently the Duracells that came with the controller are crapping the bed. They test at half-strength, but the controler keeps shutting down.

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: December 23, 2013, 11:47:30 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on December 23, 2013, 11:42:53 PM

Apparently the Duracells that came with the controller are crapping the bed. They test at half-strength, but the controler keeps shutting down.

Play and charge kit is well worth the investment. I hope they come out with the double battery charger like they had for the 360.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: December 24, 2013, 12:02:15 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on December 23, 2013, 11:47:30 PM

Play and charge kit is well worth the investment. I hope they come out with the double battery charger like they had for the 360.

Or you can get eneloops.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: December 24, 2013, 12:16:27 AM »

I put rechargeables in.

probably should have read if that was ok first  icon_confused

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: December 24, 2013, 12:17:04 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on December 23, 2013, 11:47:30 PM

From what I understand, the controller can be used while plugged in?

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: December 24, 2013, 12:20:01 AM »

Is there a trick to get the Xbox show my stuff command to work properly?  When my wife is signed in and I say that it briefly switches to my home screen, then immediately flips back to her home screen.  

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: