http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 11:23:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 62916 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: December 03, 2013, 08:09:06 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on December 03, 2013, 06:22:32 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 03, 2013, 05:35:16 PM

Show my Stuff is nice biggrin
Just be careful around school zones,  you can get a lot of time if convicted!
icon_lol

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: December 03, 2013, 08:16:50 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 03, 2013, 08:05:01 PM

I have compiled my comments on the first week of using the console, and I've lined up a bunch of criticisms which will be published on the site shortly. There are minor tweaks that are needed-  but to say it's broken? Bah. Party is a virtual couch, and you invite your party into the mp game you're playing.

Makes perfect sense, far more than having a game room, and four party chats. Why try to coral a bunch of people individually? H

ell, this was already the direction they indicated long before launch - being able to fire up a multiplayer game, and watching tv, playing a different game or whatever while waiting for others to hop in before kick off the match.

Right now if you are in a party with more than 2 people you can't play KI while the others play CoD. That's broken. Right now the default for party chat is off. That's broken. It takes forever to get to the friends list and it's slow loading and poorly organized. That's broken. The rumor is that MS thinks the whole thing is broken too and is in the process of fixing it.

http://doddscientifics.com/2013/12/03/wholesale-changes-coming-to-the-xbox-one-party-system-but-its-going-to-take-a-while/

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2722 on: December 04, 2013, 12:39:57 AM »

I haven't spent a lot of time in the party section other than one-on-one, and given the abysmal rate of their sales (according to others on this board), MS will be contacting the two of us, directly, for feedback on how we want to play games with Hark. slywink

WRT party chat being default off, I see that as being a "set preference" rather than having a mic on in someone's livingroom all the time (as the Kinect is also a mic for chat). That may have been borne of privacy concerns. Hark and I have discussed this, and while I understand you don't want to have to deliberately turn it on - that deliberate action means your console isn't a recording device without the knowledge of SOMEONE there having turned it on.

There are concerns I've brought up in the not-yet-finished-article which list out other friends issues not touched upon here - trust me, I'm not blind to the problems the Xbone has. The hesitance in friends is a concern - if they're giving the hardware dedicated resources, why is this not privy to use it, and why doesn't key stuff like that load automagically?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: December 04, 2013, 12:51:19 AM »

Quote from: Purge on December 04, 2013, 12:39:57 AM

and given the abysmal rate of their sales (according to others on this board),

Strangely the only people saying that are #GTteamxbox...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: December 04, 2013, 01:13:46 AM »

strangely the only people pointing that out at #SDF Tongue

Because I can,
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: December 04, 2013, 01:27:41 AM »

Go Atari
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: December 04, 2013, 01:36:36 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on December 04, 2013, 01:27:41 AM

Go Atari

screw that, were is the love for the:

you goldang whores!

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2727 on: December 04, 2013, 01:55:35 AM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on December 04, 2013, 12:51:19 AM

All our Xbox ones are broken so we have the time to point it out.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: December 04, 2013, 02:02:03 AM »

Can you have more than one person logged in as your primary?

Say i want to have a profile for myself and one for my kid(s) for netflix and stuff. Is this possible with just having one gold account?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: December 04, 2013, 02:07:10 AM »

Quote from: Purge on December 04, 2013, 01:55:35 AM

All our Xbox ones are broken so we have the time to point it out.
they are?

Because I can,
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: December 04, 2013, 02:11:03 AM »

Amazon restocked so I pulled the trigger on one.  paranoid

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2731 on: December 04, 2013, 03:57:12 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on December 03, 2013, 10:36:44 AM

My advance replacement still hasn't shipped.. Called CS last night and they couldn't give me any information.  My My Device page states I should have my return unit between 11/30 - 12/3. Well today is 12/3 and if I don't have a replacement today I might have to turn to Amazon to see if I can get a replacement  and dispute the 530.00 hold on my CC @#$(*&%

Sorry to hear that dude.  That especially sucks for an Advance Exchange.

My replacement (which was mistakenly made a Standard Exchange even though I was specifically told to ask for an Advance Exchange by one support agent and DID ask for an Advance Exchange) is still sitting on "Being Processed".  It took them a week to get that far by last Friday, so I expect it to be in this state for another week.  frown 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #2732 on: December 04, 2013, 04:08:52 AM »

Atb, I believe so. If there is a gold account as the primary, all other accounts have access to the gold features, IIRC.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: December 04, 2013, 04:09:20 AM »

that sounds right.

Because I can,
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: December 04, 2013, 04:57:51 AM »

and given the abysmal rate of their sales (according to others on this board), MS will be contacting the two of us, directly, for feedback on how we want to play games with Hark. slywink

Nobody is saying this.  What people are saying is that it looks like sales are lagging behind PS4.  I think both are successful at this point, with regards to launch numbers.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2735 on: December 04, 2013, 05:38:20 AM »

And this is the reason I haven't even bothered to participate in this discussion. It took all of 5 seconds from the point where someone posted a statistic until some of the usual suspects "defending" the Xbox One turned it into such a fucking drama. Jesus. It wouldn't have been a drama if you guys wouldn't be so damned defensive all the time! Nobody claimed doom and gloom for the Xbox One. It was pointed out, rightfully so, that the PS4 has sold better so far. The Fox News article about the Xbox One "dominating" the Black Friday sales was, rightfully so, mocked. That's it. Yet this was taken as a cue to go into full-blown defensive modus, blowing up the drama and turning it into yet another "oh the persecution" story.

Grow up.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: December 04, 2013, 05:47:35 AM »

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: December 04, 2013, 07:56:56 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on December 04, 2013, 05:38:20 AM

And this is the reason I haven't even bothered to participate in this discussion. It took all of 5 seconds from the point where someone posted a statistic until some of the usual suspects "defending" the Xbox One turned it into such a fucking drama. Jesus. It wouldn't have been a drama if you guys wouldn't be so damned defensive all the time! Nobody claimed doom and gloom for the Xbox One. It was pointed out, rightfully so, that the PS4 has sold better so far. The Fox News article about the Xbox One "dominating" the Black Friday sales was, rightfully so, mocked. That's it. Yet this was taken as a cue to go into full-blown defensive modus, blowing up the drama and turning it into yet another "oh the persecution" story.

Grow up.

You're just as much part of the problem.  Your post is 100% drama right there.  take your own advice.  There is a reason I haven't been posting in this thread.  You're ALL being a bunch of jackasses imo.  No need for Purge to post what he did, no need for Forge to douche it up after that and certainly no need for you to take your 'holier than though' stance on your soap box of impunity and tell everyone else to grow up.  There's about 6 of you guys, on both sides of this arguement who needed a temp ban weeks ago but never got it.  You're lucky I don't admin here.  finger
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: December 04, 2013, 01:03:15 PM »

So my dilemma continues and it doesn't appear I'm the only one affected .  Some people have actually contacted Steve Ballmer's Office to get some movement with some success.  Not sure if I want to go full on court press with that yet.  I did obtain a free month of Live last night from the rep I spoke with, so I'll give it a few days and call back.

Only saving grace is that as long as I don't remove Forza from my console I can play that...  

Btw, I just received a code from Amazon to get 20.00 off a 12 month live membership.   Check your email

Quote from: Amazon
Customers who have shown an interest in multiplayer Xbox 360 games might like to know that, for a limited time, they can get $20 off a 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership using the code below at checkout.

AHTJ-LNSQ3S-WCZ88D - I used this code so uncertain if it still works

The code is valid until 11:59:59 PST, December 6, 2013.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 01:14:40 PM by Soulchilde » Logged

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2739 on: December 04, 2013, 01:22:04 PM »

Damn, that sounds like a huge screw up on ms support's part.   I hope this is isolated to a few users and not a sign of bigger problems.   You would think that they would have been more prepared after the bad rap they earned last generation.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2740 on: December 04, 2013, 01:31:50 PM »

If you guys hadn't noticed, I was kidding and not taking a shot at anyone - I'm not 100% satisfied with the console, and my annoyances are tempered with the reality that this is a launch and there is stuff that simply doesn't work yet.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that the 180 they took put them behind, and it shows. And you know what? When I'm changing games, and have to get up to switch disks? THAT is where I'm giving you all the finger.

The more I think about Harks' suggestion, whereby instead of a heartbeat, your console simply had to be online to have the certificate removed when trading in - well that just makes perfect sense. For all the disk games I have right now, I'm seriously considering simply going the way of CoD:G and Killer Instinct on games that may never leave my library. Buy em online and deal with it that way.

My concerns with that fall into storage - they'd better get that external disk setup sooner rather than later.

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: December 04, 2013, 01:38:25 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 04, 2013, 01:31:50 PM

If you guys hadn't noticed, I was kidding and not taking a shot at anyone - I'm not 100% satisfied with the console, and my annoyances are tempered with the reality that this is a launch and there is stuff that simply doesn't work yet.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that the 180 they took put them behind, and it shows. And you know what? When I'm changing games, and have to get up to switch disks? THAT is where I'm giving you all the finger.

The more I think about Harks' suggestion, whereby instead of a heartbeat, your console simply had to be online to have the certificate removed when trading in - well that just makes perfect sense. For all the disk games I have right now, I'm seriously considering simply going the way of CoD:G and Killer Instinct on games that may never leave my library. Buy em online and deal with it that way.

My concerns with that fall into storage - they'd better get that external disk setup sooner rather than later.

Yep, I am certainly moving in that directions.   The switching of games is so easy on the XB1 ... Now if they just follow Sony idea and allow for the HD to be switched without voiding the warranty

NiM$
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: December 04, 2013, 02:27:15 PM »

Why are you buying disks? All the games are available as a download.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: December 04, 2013, 02:39:22 PM »

Indie Developers list released for the ID@XBox program

Quote from: Polygon wrote

The full list of developers Microsoft has announced as part of the ID@Xbox program is below:

Behaviour Interactive
Bongfish
Born Ready
Capy
Comcept
Crytek
Definition 6
Double Fine
Drinkbox
Gaijin Games
Happion Labs
Hidden Path Entertainment
High Voltage Software
Inis
Iron Galaxy
The Men Who Wear Many Hats
Nicalis
Ninja Bee
The Odd Gentlemen
Other Ocean
Panic Button
Slightly Mad Studio
Team 17
Team Colorblind
Vlambeer
Way Forward
Zeboyd Games
Zen Studios

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: December 04, 2013, 03:16:30 PM »

Interesting.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2745 on: December 04, 2013, 05:31:25 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on December 04, 2013, 02:27:15 PM

Why are you buying disks? All the games are available as a download.

I'm not, per se. Thing is, I'm doing reviews and having a platinum EB Games card lets me play games and bring them back for customer satisfaction - and all of my games were purchased on launch night with no confirmation of any games we'd be getting for review (so it's my dime, and I wanted the flexibility).

I received three games from MS sofar in disk form - all three I had bought (so I've returned mine and gotten others instead). My copies went back and were exchanged for other games (NFS:R, Marvel, and the rest on Titanfall, Watch Dogs and another preorder - probably Mad Max or somesuch thing).

Kicking myself for buying Battlefield 4 on disk (though I haven't opened it yet) and it may go back for 360/XB1 upgrade with the online version - if I bring it back, I'll probably pick up Zoo Tycoon or Just Dance 2014.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: December 04, 2013, 05:56:42 PM »

The sales thing is meaningless anyway. You can't compare sales of a $500 system to a $400 system and make any claims about the superiority of one console to another without the price difference getting in the way.

I'm pretty impressed the Xbox has posted such big numbers *despite* the price difference and the negative PR. It's pretty remarkable since conventional wisdom states they should have been crushed.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2747 on: December 04, 2013, 06:04:14 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on December 04, 2013, 05:56:42 PM

I'm pretty impressed the Xbox has posted such big numbers *despite* the price difference and the negative PR. It's pretty remarkable since conventional wisdom states they should have been crushed.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, as everyone has been saying for at least a few months that both consoles would sell out at launch. As others have been saying, the sales numbers at this point are of less interest than what happens once there's more than enough consoles available in stores, which won't happen until March or so. These console sales are very front loaded because of preorders.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: December 04, 2013, 06:14:32 PM »

The sales thing is meaningless anyway. You can't compare sales of a $500 system to a $400 system and make any claims about the superiority of one console to another without the price difference getting in the way.

I don't think sales numbers can ever tell you whether one product is more awesome than another product, but to say sales numbers are meaningless?  I mean, aren't sales numbers a pretty damn good indicator of how good something is selling?
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: December 04, 2013, 06:19:42 PM »

If anything this last generation has proven it's that three consoles can co-exist at the same time, so I don't think it takes much speculation to say that both the Xbone and PS4 will be successful in the long run as well. Especially if the WiiU continues its downward slide.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: December 04, 2013, 06:25:44 PM »

Posting "PS4 is outselling Xbone" statistics implies that PS4 is somehow the better console by virtue of sales. I'm just saying sales numbers aren't an accurate reflection of superiority. As TiLT rightly pointed out, preorder units are likely going to sell out anyway. And historically, console launch sales have not been a reliable indicator of long-term success.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: December 04, 2013, 06:32:14 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on December 04, 2013, 06:25:44 PM

Posting "PS4 is outselling Xbone" statistics implies that PS4 is somehow the better console by virtue of sales. I'm just saying sales numbers aren't an accurate reflection of superiority. As TiLT rightly pointed out, preorder units are likely going to sell out anyway. And historically, console launch sales have not been a reliable indicator of long-term success.

Actually, comparison were done when the 360 and PS3 even thought they weren't in the same launch window.   We're gamers and we compare and debate.  I agree sales numbers don't mean anything.  Let's talk about it again in 6-12 months

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: December 04, 2013, 08:46:11 PM »

agreed.

Because I can,
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: December 04, 2013, 11:27:03 PM »

My replacement unit has FINALLY shipped and should be here tomorrow

NiM$
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: December 04, 2013, 11:54:44 PM »

Had my first failure of sorts. Brand new wireless controller ordered from Amazon was defective. Wouldn't sync, and if I hard cabled it the A button would not work and the analog stick would go haywire. By testing with my Day One controller I ruled out any issues with the USB port on the console itself. Fortunately Amazon is going to do an exchange and will cross-ship.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: December 05, 2013, 01:15:45 AM »

Out of curiosity, can you stack the two consoles? The 360 Slim is vented on the top so hoping it can sit on top of the Xbox1 without blocking anything. Worked fine for the PS3/PS4, hoping the same applies here.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2756 on: December 05, 2013, 01:48:03 AM »

Half the top of the Xbox one is venting.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: December 05, 2013, 02:02:45 AM »

it's hard to miss.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: December 05, 2013, 02:07:32 AM »

man, I like being able to say 'Xbox on' and then immediately jump right back into a game I haven't touched for about a week at the exact same spot I was when I turned off the console with pratcically instant loading.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2759 on: December 05, 2013, 02:10:28 AM »

I find I walk into the house, pass by the Xbox and tell it to turn on, then go get changed and am ready to go. Looking forward to being able to get the cable from oneguide in Canada - it makes it that much easier as I can just set it to a tv channel while I go cook me some eggs.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: