http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 04:18:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 77587 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2400 on: November 21, 2013, 01:52:27 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 21, 2013, 01:42:44 AM

Yes I don't understand why you're being defensive either. I don't think anyone has spared Sony. Tons of people said that they wouldn't get the PS4 if it didn't have local streaming which as an extremely valid point.
Also, why are you expecting congratulations for good reviews? Did you make the game?

Yeah, there are some people here that are VERY defensive over the XB1. I don't blame them, I'd be defensive as well and was when the shoe was on the other foot when they were kicking the PS3 all around this forum. It's kind of amusing seeing the Xbox crowd on the defensive after all the aggressive trash talking last generation. What goes around, comes around.

It's all good though. I may even get an XB1 tomorrow night. LOL....it's mine if I want it. I still don't know. It depends on Ryse reviews.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: November 21, 2013, 02:01:53 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 21, 2013, 01:52:27 AM

Yes I don't understand why you're being defensive either. I don't think anyone has spared Sony. Tons of people said that they wouldn't get the PS4 if it didn't have local streaming which as an extremely valid point.
Also, why are you expecting congratulations for good reviews? Did you make the game?

Yeah, there are some people here that are VERY defensive over the XB1. I don't blame them, I'd be defensive as well and was when the shoe was on the other foot when they were kicking the PS3 all around this forum. It's kind of amusing seeing the Xbox crowd on the defensive after all the aggressive trash talking last generation. What goes around, comes around.

It's all good though. I may even get an XB1 tomorrow night. LOL....it's mine if I want it. I still don't know. It depends on Ryse reviews.

I bought both consoles back then, and I bought both this time around.  I'm not being defensive.  I'm calling people out on pure out TROLLING against the Bone these past months.  Twice today already the bandwagon jumped out of their collective pajamas on two stories that turned out to be false or totally misleading.

Edit to add:  I'm hopeful on Ryse.   The Forza reviews are positive over all, and apparently the graphics are stupid pretty.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: November 21, 2013, 02:03:20 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 21, 2013, 01:27:55 AM

Look, here's the deal.

Ever since E3 we've heard nothing but shit against the Xbox.

Who cares? 
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: November 21, 2013, 02:06:03 AM »

Quote from: ATB on November 21, 2013, 02:03:20 AM

Look, here's the deal.

Who cares? 

People that are trying to have a discussion about good features of the Xbone?
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: November 21, 2013, 02:07:07 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 21, 2013, 02:06:03 AM

Look, here's the deal.

Who cares? 

People that are trying to have a discussion about good features of the Xbone?

Is that what you've been trying to do?
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: November 21, 2013, 02:11:38 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 21, 2013, 02:01:53 AM

I bought both consoles back then, and I bought both this time around.  I'm not being defensive.  I'm calling people out on pure out TROLLING against the Bone these past months.  Twice today already the bandwagon jumped out of their collective pajamas on two stories that turned out to be false or totally misleading.

Edit to add:  I'm hopeful on Ryse.   The Forza reviews are positive over all, and apparently the graphics are stupid pretty.

I'm not sure that it's trolling. Are they lying? Someone posted a link to the Microsoft support page that stated specifically that it did not support surround sound. Is it their fault that MS did a 180 on so much stuff that they weren't able to update all the things they changed?  I'm not sure what the second story is so I can't comment about it.  I would have to say that Sony's shit gets posted about as often as Xboxs shit but is it their fault that MS has so much more to post about? Currently, looking at Google news, both products seem to be getting equally as warm of a reception as the other. There's no conspiracy here.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: November 21, 2013, 02:14:46 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 21, 2013, 02:11:38 AM

Quote from: msduncan on November 21, 2013, 02:01:53 AM

I'm not sure that it's trolling. Are they lying? Someone posted a link to the Microsoft support page that stated specifically that it did not support surround sound. Is it their fault that MS did a 180 on so much stuff that they weren't able to update all the things they changed?  I'm not sure what the second story is so I can't comment about it.  I would have to say that Sony's shit gets posted about as often as Xboxs shit but is it their fault that MS has so much more to post about? Currently, looking at Google news, both products seem to be getting equally as warm of a reception as the other. There's no conspiracy here.

The other item was the voice controls.  YK posted two videos clearly showing them work, and work well.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: November 21, 2013, 02:41:19 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 21, 2013, 02:14:46 AM

The other item was the voice controls.  YK posted two videos clearly showing them work, and work well.

Multiple reviews claim otherwise.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: November 21, 2013, 03:01:15 AM »

Look, here's the deal.

Who cares? 

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: November 21, 2013, 03:12:09 AM »

Quote from: Lee on November 21, 2013, 02:41:19 AM

So I'm to trust a written review over what I see with my own eyes in video?
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: November 21, 2013, 03:13:13 AM »

Agreed, I watched some of Polygon streaming event and the voice stuff worked maybe 50/50 but again I think it's a learning curve thing.  I resigned to trying it myself and will report back

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: November 21, 2013, 04:04:33 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 21, 2013, 03:12:09 AM

So I'm to trust a written review over what I see with my own eyes in video?

Obviously it's dependent on the user. It will work better for some and not for others. The IGN video showed that it worked horribly.  And by horribly I mean it worked about 75% of the time. Perhaps he was running his words together but it sounded perfectly natural to me. If I'm talking to my console then I don't want to speak to it as if I'm some sort of elocution coach. That goes the same for the PS4 as it does for the Xbox.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: November 21, 2013, 04:06:28 AM »

Quote from: Canuck
Obviously it's dependent on the user. It will work better for some and not for others. The IGN video showed that it worked horribly.  And by horribly I mean it worked about 75% of the time. Perhaps he was running his words together but it sounded perfectly natural to me. If I'm talking to my console then I don't want to speak to it as if I'm some sort of elocution coach. That goes the same for the PS4 as it does for the Xbox.

Then don't buy one. Problem solved.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: November 21, 2013, 04:07:37 AM »

Indeed!  slywink
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2414 on: November 21, 2013, 04:21:24 AM »

I don't understand this - you deliberately admit to trolling, baiting, etc, but it's all good because you want "the xbox crowd" (read some GT forum members) to be defensive? But it's all good now that you're doing the kicking? For every person you pigeonhole into being "of that crowd" who speaks up, there are others who don't speak up.

I've got more important things to do in my life than to satisfy duderandomguyoninternet who's already been banned once for this kind of behavior, and if you want to trash a product, open up a thread about it -this one here? It's about discussing it - but you've already pointed out that you have no interest in anything other than delivering some vengeful agenda.

Kick away.

Truthiness!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: November 21, 2013, 04:29:10 AM »

Quote from: Purge on November 21, 2013, 04:21:24 AM

I don't understand this - you deliberately admit to trolling, baiting, etc, but it's all good because you want "the xbox crowd" (read some GT forum members) to be defensive? But it's all good now that you're doing the kicking? For every person you pigeonhole into being "of that crowd" who speaks up, there are others who don't speak up.

I've got more important things to do in my life than to satisfy duderandomguyoninternet who's already been banned once for this kind of behavior, and if you want to trash a product, open up a thread about it -this one here? It's about discussing it - but you've already pointed out that you have no interest in anything other than delivering some vengeful agenda.

Kick away.

Truthiness!

Where did I admit to trolling, baiting? I never said I wanted anyone to be defensive, I just found it funny that the people being so defensive now, were the ones that were attacking the PS3 so vehemently, last gen. Ironic is all.

I said "it's all good" as in "I don't care" about what peoples opinions are about the Xbox 1 or PS4. I don't let it get to me. I went down that road, the one that you appear to be going down, and it did not end well. Everything is not the attack you think it is. The Xbox 1 will be fine. Just breathe and let the chips fall where they may. The Xbox 1 is in for a rough go, it seems, but that doesn't mean that you just bought a $500 paperweight. I am sure that Dead Rising will be fun. I am hopeful that Ryse will be as well. If it gets good reviews tomorrow, I will probably get an Xbox One.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: November 21, 2013, 04:34:18 AM »

simple answer:  don't feed the troll(s).

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2417 on: November 21, 2013, 04:53:14 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 21, 2013, 04:34:18 AM

simple answer:  don't feed the troll(s).

So I ended up with a 280 credit at Visions for an extended warranty that I never had to use.

My Pioneer amp dies whenever there's a brown-out, and while the sound is fantastic, it lacks HDMI IN/OUT. By dies, I mean unplug it for 48 hours.

I'm thinking of getting a ~450 Onkyo 560 (friend works at visions, and is helping me find the best deal) because I have to use the credit by Dec 19, 2013 (so total out-of-pocket cost is around $170) - or I get a car starter / stereo for my Jeep which I rarely use. I'd consider getting a better TV, but the cost is far too much as I don't have cheap tastes. (Not getting 4K mind you - they should be called seven-to-nine-Kay to more accurately refer to cost).

They also have Xbox One's in the flyer, but since mine is bought-and-paid-for at EB, I don't want to "flip" it.

Getting the Xbone cheaper certainly does have a certain appeal though...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 04:55:16 AM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: November 21, 2013, 05:12:48 AM »

Quote from: Purge on November 21, 2013, 04:53:14 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 21, 2013, 04:34:18 AM

simple answer:  don't feed the troll(s).

So I ended up with a 280 credit at Visions for an extended warranty that I never had to use.

My Pioneer amp dies whenever there's a brown-out, and while the sound is fantastic, it lacks HDMI IN/OUT. By dies, I mean unplug it for 48 hours.

I'm thinking of getting a ~450 Onkyo 560 (friend works at visions, and is helping me find the best deal) because I have to use the credit by Dec 19, 2013 (so total out-of-pocket cost is around $170) - or I get a car starter / stereo for my Jeep which I rarely use. I'd consider getting a better TV, but the cost is far too much as I don't have cheap tastes. (Not getting 4K mind you - they should be called seven-to-nine-Kay to more accurately refer to cost).

They also have Xbox One's in the flyer, but since mine is bought-and-paid-for at EB, I don't want to "flip" it.

Getting the Xbone cheaper certainly does have a certain appeal though...

dammit Purge, stop trolling! Tongue

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2419 on: November 21, 2013, 05:23:03 AM »

By flip, I mean "move my order". The EB folks are always good to me.

Also, I don't know how stupid/crazy Visions is going to be for the XB1s. I am not waiting more than 15 min in line.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: November 21, 2013, 05:24:41 AM »

just yell 'GIANT CRAB ATTACK', that should cause people to flee.  or find a bar with a view of the line, drink and swoop in just as the line is gone.

Because I can,
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: November 21, 2013, 06:11:42 AM »

Look, here's the deal.

Who cares? 

Winnar.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2422 on: November 21, 2013, 09:13:23 AM »

MS will survive, and if they want to thrive they'll pump money into securing even more games. They got the launch titles down pat, now we wait and see where they go from here.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: November 21, 2013, 09:44:46 AM »

There is an ugly rumor right now about Ryse featuring a lot of Microtransactions in-game. Crimson Dragon apparently also features this. I can't view this video review myself due to video not working on this computer, but apparently he reviews Ryse and tells about these Microtransactions. (http://n4g.com/news/1397497/xbox-one-review-adam-sessler-reviews).

Anyone have any idea if this is true? I really don't want my console games to have this crap as well, especially not after I purchase games for full price. I know this is a completely different discussion, but I feel the industry is going in a direction I really don't want, with microtransactions, and in-game purchases for real money, even in full-price games. It started with MMO's (Or rather, Horse armor from Bethesda), and it should stay there, and no creep into my single player games.

A new one
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: November 21, 2013, 10:09:48 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 21, 2013, 09:44:46 AM

There is an ugly rumor right now about Ryse featuring a lot of Microtransactions in-game. Crimson Dragon apparently also features this. I can't view this video review myself due to video not working on this computer, but apparently he reviews Ryse and tells about these Microtransactions. (http://n4g.com/news/1397497/xbox-one-review-adam-sessler-reviews).

Anyone have any idea if this is true? I really don't want my console games to have this crap as well, especially not after I purchase games for full price. I know this is a completely different discussion, but I feel the industry is going in a direction I really don't want, with microtransactions, and in-game purchases for real money, even in full-price games. It started with MMO's (Or rather, Horse armor from Bethesda), and it should stay there, and no creep into my single player games.

He says they are in there but are not restricted to paying money, you can earn them during game play, he does not indicate how hard they are to get without paying money but he also says they are unnecessary.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: November 21, 2013, 10:13:26 AM »

Thanks Zinfan...not something I like to hear. I'm pretty sure this isn't restricted to just Xbox, but is something that will be on other consoles as well, if people start utilizing that option.

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: November 21, 2013, 10:30:01 AM »

hate to break it to you Raz, but microtransactions like horse armor are pretty standard nowadays, no matter the platform.  Shortcuts and all that fun stuff.  Sure, the ones I linked to are for multiplayer, but look at games like Darksiders 2 that had a ton of weapon DLC released afterwards.  it's annoying, but that ship has sailed.

Because I can,
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: November 21, 2013, 12:03:07 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 21, 2013, 10:30:01 AM

hate to break it to you Raz, but microtransactions like horse armor are pretty standard nowadays, no matter the platform.  Shortcuts and all that fun stuff.  Sure, the ones I linked to are for multiplayer, but look at games like Darksiders 2 that had a ton of weapon DLC released afterwards.  it's annoying, but that ship has sailed.

Yep, Look at AC4, that game has tons of optional stuff you can buy. So long as they are purely optional I don't see a problem with it. Now if they start making the micro stuff necessary on full price games then I won't be buying said game.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 12:11:53 PM by Scraper » Logged

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: November 21, 2013, 12:03:10 PM »

There is an ugly rumor right now about Ryse featuring a lot of Microtransactions in-game.
No rumors please. We only allow facts in this thread.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: November 21, 2013, 12:07:53 PM »

I'll tell you who cares - people who have a passion for the hobby. People who are making an investment of hundreds of dollars. No, I don't need anyone to validate my purchasing decisions, but it is pretty annoying to have them attack it for no reason whatsoever when I'm not attacking their decision.

As gamers we should be embracing both consoles. We should be focused on great games, not what platform it's on. And frankly the attitudes of some of the GTers here, who I thought were gamers and not partisan shills, has been pretty shocking and disappointing.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #2430 on: November 21, 2013, 12:14:03 PM »

Quote from: Amazon

headbang3 headbang Cabbage Patch dude IN!!

NiM$
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: November 21, 2013, 12:15:54 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 21, 2013, 12:03:10 PM

There is an ugly rumor right now about Ryse featuring a lot of Microtransactions in-game.
No rumors please. We only allow facts in this thread.

Which is why the video in question was linked, as I was unable to view it myself. Is that okay?

A new one
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: November 21, 2013, 12:41:27 PM »

Also let's not confuse DLC with boosts, payed bypasses, and pay gates.  Horse armor was silly but also wasn't any of those things.  It does sound like some of these titles feature these F2P style micro transactions,  EA started doing this late last gen too.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: November 21, 2013, 01:16:10 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on November 21, 2013, 12:41:27 PM

Also let's not confuse DLC with boosts, payed bypasses, and pay gates.  Horse armor was silly but also wasn't any of those things.  It does sound like some of these titles feature these F2P style micro transactions,  EA started doing this late last gen too.

Yeah, in Ryse you can pay gold (which you can buy with real money) to fully upgrade your character. It's not the same as horse armor or DLC. It's just like EA does with their "time saver" stuff.

motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: November 21, 2013, 04:11:47 PM »

Microsoft removed the emergency offline updating info and the two zipfiles that contained the day one updates.  They have definitely been 'off' in the messaging for this console icon_confused

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-21-how-to-update-xbox-one-without-connecting-it-to-the-internet

I will wait to see what the bandwidth is like tomorrow night but I did download both files if they are needed.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: November 21, 2013, 04:20:24 PM »

What Iím hearing is MS is worried about people bricking there system as the instruction were pretty detailed,   

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: November 21, 2013, 04:20:29 PM »

"That file was never designed to replace the day one update," Microsoft exec Albert Penello explained via NeoGAF. "It's a recovery file in case something goes wrong. Instead of risking customers get themselves into a bad state by installing the file, we are going to troubleshoot on a case-by-case basis. It is not a replacement for the online update."

it's funny, when I saw they had 2 possible updates I said out loud 'some fucking idiot is going to screw up their update by using the wrong file and scream about it on the internets'.

Because I can,
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: November 21, 2013, 04:22:16 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on November 21, 2013, 12:41:27 PM

That's the future IMO. Paid DLC, unlocks, season passes will become even more common. Yea the games are still $60 but publishers will find ways to extract the extra money.
motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: November 21, 2013, 05:08:11 PM »

Ok, here is some better messaging  icon_lol - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/doctors-note
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2439 on: November 21, 2013, 05:47:39 PM »

Apparently thre Crimson Dragon team was listening :

http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/games-crimson-dragon-updates

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: