http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 04:12:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 71511 times)
Doopri
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: August 01, 2013, 04:43:27 AM »

no, they didnt
but... *rummages through his launch 360 box* oh look, a new headset included!

and 3rd party headset / earphones were nowhere near as prevalent during the original xbox days as they are now.  hell most people probably didnt even have the broadband needed to get live, let alone a snazzy set of gaming earphones for console play
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: August 01, 2013, 05:02:23 AM »

and the headset is just a minor thing - i just hate that microsoft "showed their hand" when it comes to what they want to create in the console space, because prior to the xbox 1 i had signed on to their consoles bigtime!

if microsoft had their druthers, the xbox one would be an all seeing eye in my living room, always connected and demanding i never lend, sell, borrow or trade a single game.  not that gaming would even be its focus, as the "business team" at microsoft has already pointed out how much time its users spend on netflicks, facebook, "new websink / advert mechanism X" etc...  in two years time it would listen to my conversations so it could target advertisements to me, even as it charged me 60 dollars a year to play online and bombarded me with commercials the whole way through.  and meanwhile every incremental feature... a new device!  i should have realized back when the hd DVD drive was extra, the dvd remote was extra... the headset... extra

and the reason i feel burnt is because i jumped on board and helped push this idea of a console.  every dash update that slowed down and buried all the features i cared about, i still renewed.  i was sold on live and its stable connections, its friends list, its additional bonus content (bonus no longer, now every action a transaction - a games feature, an opportunity to remove it and charge for it).  hell i LOVED that microsoft finally made one of my favorite genres - the fps, a viable option on the tv!  so im a bit ticked now that i see what theyve tried to push for the "endgame" - yes ive been very ranty lately, im sorry frown
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: August 01, 2013, 05:08:26 AM »

I really can't see MS including a headset in the box and it has nothing to do with money. MS wants you to use Kinect. Heck they're shoving it down everyone's throat so they're not going to just give everyone a headset that they'll use instead of talking to Kinect.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1603 on: August 01, 2013, 05:30:25 AM »

The 360 included headset was "shoved" down peoples throats (nothing is free in the box) to bring forth the concept of online voice comm as a standard feature.

This is no different, and the sour grapes about a product that isn't out yet seems foolhardy. We don't know how the voice isolation works, or how well comm chatter translates to speakers. I don't enjoy digging around for my headset, only to find the "broken" one and then go find another one. Wearing a .$.25 speaker on my head while listening to 7.1 others working hard at delivering a consistent soundscape is also kinda dumb.

If it can do it, great! If it cannot, I'll be getting a headset / adapter.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: August 01, 2013, 04:14:17 PM »

Xbox One Designed to Stay Powered on for 10 Years:

The Xbox One is designed to be powered on for an entire decade and run almost silently, says the latest reports.

That’s according to Digital Foundry citing “highly placed sources” who claim that the next-gen console will be keep itself cool enough to stay on for the entirety of its life.

so, who wants to keep theirs on for the next decade to find out if this is true? slywink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1605 on: August 01, 2013, 04:17:46 PM »

Your TV never turns off - it waits for the remote to turn it on (low power). I expect this is basically the same thing.

Now let's see them write that 10 year coverage in the warranty. icon_twisted

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 01, 2013, 06:00:27 PM »

Quote from: Purge on August 01, 2013, 04:17:46 PM

Your TV never turns off - it waits for the remote to turn it on (low power). I expect this is basically the same thing.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:02:11 PM by Soulchilde » Logged

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 02, 2013, 04:34:39 PM »

they've announced that they've upgraded GPU speed from 800mhz to 853mhz.  sounds like they've done some overclocking; I imagine Sony will probably do the same if they can.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1608 on: August 02, 2013, 06:37:55 PM »

One thing to note is that both these consoles would have been candidates for a mid-generation upclock according to some technical aspects discussed in some forums I frequent. It's a tricky thing, but actually very doable. It actually happened on the PSP, for instance, even though that had a different situation.

It's also important to note that there actually weren't any official specs for the XB1, and there still isn't a complete spec, just leaks and rumors.

This does bring the XB1 GPU to be about 5% more powerful according to various forums, but the PS4 GPU is theoretically 50% more powerful. So, Sony doesn't need to do anything at this point.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 06, 2013, 10:22:53 AM »

Eurogamer

The Xbox One captures game footage at 720p and 30 frames per second, Microsoft has confirmed.

That's irrespective of the source resolution, Marc Whitten, chief Xbox One platform architect, told IGN.

Xbox One launch title Forza 5, for example, outputs at 1080p and 60 frames per second, but Xbox One's in-built DVR captures clips at 720p and 30 frames per second.

As revealed last month, Xbox One records the last five minutes of your gameplay. For times when you can't stop playing (such as in the middle of an online session), Microsoft allows you to capture and immediately save the last 30 seconds of gameplay for editing later.

"The first thing you'll see with our game DVR is the integration of our Upload service on the console," Whitten explained.

"This service allows you to manage, edit, and share your content. Your clips are stored in the cloud. Also, you'll see games making 'magic moment' videos of your gameplay based on the game DVR functionality - all seamlessly integrated.

"You'll be able to see these clips in the Xbox One Guide, in your own game DVR collection, and when you are looking at gamercards on the system. You'll also see games take advantage of this platform capability and do interesting things to integrate captured game footage into the game experience itself."

Meanwhile, Whitten confirmed that Xbox 360 Avatars will transfer over to Xbox One, and include new options, such as the ability to do full-body HD gamerpics.

"We've moved from the 64x64 gamerpics on Xbox 360 to a full 1080p," Whitten added. "They are beautiful, and you are going to see some really cool hero moments, like when you login to see personalised views of your games and other content."

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 06, 2013, 10:27:35 AM »

If a game is due out on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One..say Ass Creed 4,then it will have two separate achievement lists,despite achievements being transferred over to the new machine

You would still have to buy the game twice though Tongue

360a.org

Every game has its own set of achievements, so if you’re playing Call of Duty: Ghosts on Xbox 360 and on Xbox One, you can earn a separate set of Gamerscore in each game. But on the Xbox One version, you’re getting a much richer set of features, such as seeing your achievements progress on the Xbox One console, being able to unlock new achievements throughout the year, and earning real prizes inside and outside of the game. Xbox One also enables a new concept of challenges, where games will be offering special time-based opportunities to earn various goals and collect the rewards

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 06, 2013, 06:22:06 PM »

so achievements are like with a lot of PC games that used Games for Windows, double the points if you play both smile

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 06, 2013, 06:23:37 PM »

such as the ability to do full-body HD gamerpics.

icon_twisted

Because I can,
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 08, 2013, 12:54:49 AM »

Glorified TV Guide doesn't work without Gold plan
One more Xbone 180 in 3, 2, 1...?
Seriously, wtf is even the point of buying this console unless you want to use Kinect?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 08, 2013, 02:11:44 AM »

if is options that the rabble isn't going to be able to use I may just end up toying around with it.  seriously, I don't want some poor riffraff who cannot afford Gold trying to Skype me.

Because I can,
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 08, 2013, 03:13:22 AM »

LOL!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 08, 2013, 05:58:56 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on August 01, 2013, 06:00:27 PM

Quote from: Purge on August 01, 2013, 04:17:46 PM

What a crazy son of a bitch max is/was!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 08, 2013, 11:13:34 AM »

videos of peripherals.  check out that sexy play and charge  unibrow

Because I can,
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 08, 2013, 01:20:22 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on August 08, 2013, 12:54:49 AM

Glorified TV Guide doesn't work without Gold plan
One more Xbone 180 in 3, 2, 1...?
Seriously, wtf is even the point of buying this console unless you want to use Kinect?

Don't see why this is a surprise. Just about anything that deals with online will be behind the pay wall. MS has made that clear even with the 360 over the years.
Vikki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 08, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »

Xbox One now has a headset packed with the unit.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/08/xbox-one-includes-chat-headset

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: August 08, 2013, 02:38:53 PM »

Quote from: Vikki on August 08, 2013, 02:09:00 PM

While this is good news, they really need to just sit down and think long and hard about all the concessions they're going to do for the rest of the year and do them all at once.  Doing them piecemeal here and there just makes them look like they're scrambling out of desperation.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: August 08, 2013, 02:46:09 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on August 08, 2013, 02:38:53 PM

While this is good news, they really need to just sit down and think long and hard about all the concessions they're going to do for the rest of the year and do them all at once.  Doing them piecemeal here and there just makes them look like they're scrambling out of desperation.

In other news, Microsoft just announced that Xbox Live will now be called Live Plus, the controllers will have in-set sticks, and the Xbox One's name will be chaged to XB4.  Tongue
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:48:28 PM by msduncan » Logged
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: August 08, 2013, 02:56:20 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on August 08, 2013, 02:46:09 PM

While this is good news, they really need to just sit down and think long and hard about all the concessions they're going to do for the rest of the year and do them all at once.  Doing them piecemeal here and there just makes them look like they're scrambling out of desperation.

In other news, Microsoft just announced that Xbox Live will now be called Live Plus, the controllers will have in-set sticks, and the Xbox One's name will be chaged to XB4.  Tongue
I did it better  Tongue
http://gamingtrend.com/forums/console-gaming/new-xbox-always-online-no-second-hand-games-50gb-blu-ray-and-new-kinect(edge)/msg921550/#msg921550
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: August 08, 2013, 03:26:05 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on August 08, 2013, 02:56:20 PM

Quote from: msduncan on August 08, 2013, 02:46:09 PM

I did it better  Tongue
http://gamingtrend.com/forums/console-gaming/new-xbox-always-online-no-second-hand-games-50gb-blu-ray-and-new-kinect(edge)/msg921550/#msg921550

You did it first.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 08, 2013, 07:49:12 PM »

'One thing I haven't shown you, the on/off switch.  We've done something pretty cool here.'

umm... it is touch sensitive, lights up and makes a noise?

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: August 10, 2013, 01:53:06 AM »

they updated Xbox One: Sharing Digital Games and Gold.

At E3 this year, we briefly highlighted a new benefit we’re bringing to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One. We’re calling it Home Gold.  It will enable any Xbox Live Gold member on Xbox One to extend many Gold features to others at no additional cost.  One Xbox Live Gold account delivering great benefits to everyone in the home.

Here’s how Xbox Live Gold members can extend Gold benefits including multiplayer gaming, Game DVR, SmartMatch and access to entertainment apps and experiences, including The NFL on Xbox, Skype, Internet Explorer:

At home. You can set up your console at home so that anyone who uses that console will enjoy multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps – even if you are not home or logged in.

On the go. You can log in at a friend’s house and everyone there can enjoy multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps while you are logged in.

bah, I already did the same thing with PSN+ by letting friends log in with my account.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:58:39 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1626 on: August 10, 2013, 10:10:13 PM »

The real unboxing video...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: August 12, 2013, 11:48:02 PM »

well its happened,while Kinect will still come with the Xbox One(for now)it no longer needs to be plugged in for you to use the Xbox One

Kotaku

We already knew that you could turn off the Kinect, but now Microsoft says it doesn't have to be plugged in at all. Speaking to IGN, Microsoft's Marc Whitten shared the news that the Xbox One will indeed work without Kinect.

"That said, like online, the console will still function if Kinect isn’t plugged in, although you won’t be able to use any feature or experience that explicitly uses the sensor," he said.

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 13, 2013, 12:01:57 AM »

So now all MS has to do is announce the $399 kinectless sku and they win next gen, right?

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 13, 2013, 12:07:00 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 12, 2013, 11:48:02 PM

well its happened,while Kinect will still come with the Xbox One(for now)it no longer needs to be plugged in for you to use the Xbox One

Kotaku

We already knew that you could turn off the Kinect, but now Microsoft says it doesn't have to be plugged in at all. Speaking to IGN, Microsoft's Marc Whitten shared the news that the Xbox One will indeed work without Kinect.

"That said, like online, the console will still function if Kinect isn’t plugged in, although you won’t be able to use any feature or experience that explicitly uses the sensor," he said.

thumbsup

Because I can,
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: August 13, 2013, 12:11:31 AM »

Quote from: JCC on August 13, 2013, 12:01:57 AM

So now all MS has to do is announce the $399 kinectless sku and they win next gen, right?
No that just makes them competitive.  All these changes have been because they lost a ton of ground to the PS4, they aren't doing them because they are winning.   Pre-orders must have been more bleak than I thought.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 13, 2013, 12:25:44 AM »

All they'll have to do is release the Kinect less version for $399 and they WILL BE the PS4. smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: August 13, 2013, 12:26:14 AM »

or release a $399 version with the Kinect.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: August 13, 2013, 12:58:47 AM »

and of course, the dissenting opinion on not absolutely requiring the Kinect.  I did like this part:

And if the $100 difference between the PS4 and Xbox 1 begins to make a difference, how long will it take for Microsoft to begin shipping units with no Kinect at all? It can claim that won't happen, but at this point, what credibility does it have that it won't, under sufficient pressure, offer a first shipment of Xbox One consoles crammed full of My Little Pony action figures some Microsoft exec read that people like on 4chan or something? None, really.

gentleman (and those who live outside the U.S.), I think we have a challenge here.  FOR PONY!!!!!!!!

Because I can,
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: August 13, 2013, 01:09:09 AM »

I was thinking something's similar earlier. On the one hand, listening to their customers and not simply steamrolling forward (like Sony did with the PS3) is admirable. On the other, they have backtracked on so much at this point, you can't put too much faith in anything until the system is out, at this point. Perhaps they should have had more market research earlier in the process.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: August 13, 2013, 01:41:02 AM »

Man I bet Microsoft's Entertainment division so wishes they could take a time machine back three months and have all of these changes put in when first announced. It seems like these last few months has been and endless parade of damage control.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: August 13, 2013, 02:58:51 AM »

There's a fine line between appearing too forceful and appearing too weak. And somehow Microsoft has managed to land on the wrong side of that line at every opportunity.  icon_biggrin
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 13, 2013, 06:02:17 AM »

Indeed, while I'll never purchase an Xbox (Sorry, NSA, you'll have to find other ways to spy on me) They are slowly and surely turning upside down their machine to make it look like a PS4, and thus remain competetive. I'm not sure though how much of an effect it will have. Gamers are fickly, and that fickleness swings both ways. They'll have to have some heavy marketing come release month, AND hope that Sony has no more tricks up its sleeves.

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: August 13, 2013, 06:04:17 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 13, 2013, 06:02:17 AM

(Sorry, NSA, you'll have to find other ways to spy on me)

we have.  change your toothbrush and your toilet runs for about 5 seconds too long.  also check the date on that milk.

and those aren't real pushups you're doing.

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: August 13, 2013, 06:26:49 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 13, 2013, 06:04:17 AM

Quote from: Razgon on August 13, 2013, 06:02:17 AM

(Sorry, NSA, you'll have to find other ways to spy on me)

we have.  change your toothbrush and your toilet runs for about 5 seconds too long.  also check the date on that milk.

and those aren't real pushups you're doing.

Dammit! Now I have to quit all toilet visits as well! Forests, here I come!

A new one
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: