http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 03:00:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 77558 times)
Laner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1200 on: June 14, 2013, 11:11:47 AM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on June 13, 2013, 11:02:07 PM

Here's what I feel is the difference between Sony and Microsoft after this E3:

Sony is listening to what gamers want.

Microsoft is telling gamers what they think they need.

Works for Apple  Tongue
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: June 14, 2013, 12:19:31 PM »

Quote from: Laner on June 14, 2013, 11:10:05 AM

5. The 2 new games per month for Gold membership lie/misdirect. They clearly marketed this to detract from Sony's deal. See, PS+ members have been getting a really great list of high-profile titles for free ($50/year) for over a year now as well as access to a lot of neat features. The one-game per month thing just keeps happening and sometimes it's more. The fact that Microsoft announced that and hid the fact that it ends this December brings to mind the thinly veiled deceit that a company like EA would pull to justify doing something wrong.

Wait... they didn't hide anything unless I'm misunderstanding the complaint.  It was known on the same day they announced the free games that the promotion would be over at the end of the year.   Yeah, it's a response to the Instant Game Collection - so? People have complained about not getting their money's worth with Gold, so MS sweetens the pot.  I fail to see the problem.  As long as your rights to play the games don't disappear come Dec 31, that's fine.

And I disagree with Sony's "really great list of high profile titles for free" - the IGC is quite a value, no doubt.   But the list of games the US has gotten is average at best, with only a handful of "high profile titles" sprinkled in as the next gen battle for hearts and minds heats up.  Yeah UC3 and XCom are great, but there were months and months of tripe like Bloodrayne Betrayal, Knytt, Frogger Returns, etc. with very few AAA titles.  I'm not complaining - free is free (well, $50/year), but let's not exaggerate the overall quality of the titles included.
No, not every game is a blockbuster but if you get two games per month then at least one of them is a AAA game.  For example, I've had PS+ for just over a year and this is what I have in my gaming backlog thanks to PS+:

Deus Ex
Sleeping Dogs
Demon's Souls
Vanquish
The Cave
Darksiders
Resident Evil 5
Little Big Planet
Rachet and Clank All 4 one
Saints Row 2
Space Marine
Infamous 2
Magic 2012
Lara Croft Guardian of Light
Virtua Fighter 5?

And then this month there's UC3, Xcom and Little Big Planet Karting
Plus there are a few games that I have gotten but havent downloaded to my PS3
And then finally there's all the free games (about 10 so far?) That I've gotten for my PS Vita.

Yes there is a little chaff-but I would say it's 30% at most.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: June 14, 2013, 12:29:08 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 14, 2013, 08:45:41 AM

Quote from: Canuck on June 14, 2013, 08:27:54 AM

Has this been gone over already? Some people are claiming that when you buy a copy of a game you're essentially getting a free copy for a "family" friend as well.  I'm looking at this quotation and I'm not sure that I'm seeing it. Also, I don't think that if you have 9 other friends on your family list that all 10 of you can play at the same time even if you're playing different games:
Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games.  You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.
The last sentence is key. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.
First, notice (according to the way it's written anyways) it doesn't say "anyone" but "any one". This suggests to me that you may have 9 other family members on your account but only one of them can play a game from your library at one time. Secondly, he says that they can be "playing from your shared library". He doesn't actually say "playing the same game".  So there's a good possibility that you won't be able to buy a copy of COD XX and have you and your son playing using the same copy at the same time.  I don't think MS has any fucking clue what they're saying to be honest.  This all seems completely by the seat of their pants.

I wouldn't expect the MS family thing to give you anything beyond what you'd get with a retail disc.

There is a big thread about this over at GAF and much like all the MS policies there is a lot of mystery about this one because they haven't done much to explain it. There are conflicting statements coming from MS people and the MS Support twitter (which has said false things before). At the moment what is believed is that one other person can be playing a game off your family library at a time, but it is far from clear. The MS Support Twitter leaves you to believe 10 people can be playing from the library at the same time, but that would be insane. That would be much worse for publishers than selling used games.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 14, 2013, 01:02:54 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 14, 2013, 12:19:31 PM

5. The 2 new games per month for Gold membership lie/misdirect. They clearly marketed this to detract from Sony's deal. See, PS+ members have been getting a really great list of high-profile titles for free ($50/year) for over a year now as well as access to a lot of neat features. The one-game per month thing just keeps happening and sometimes it's more. The fact that Microsoft announced that and hid the fact that it ends this December brings to mind the thinly veiled deceit that a company like EA would pull to justify doing something wrong.

Wait... they didn't hide anything unless I'm misunderstanding the complaint.  It was known on the same day they announced the free games that the promotion would be over at the end of the year.   Yeah, it's a response to the Instant Game Collection - so? People have complained about not getting their money's worth with Gold, so MS sweetens the pot.  I fail to see the problem.  As long as your rights to play the games don't disappear come Dec 31, that's fine.

And I disagree with Sony's "really great list of high profile titles for free" - the IGC is quite a value, no doubt.   But the list of games the US has gotten is average at best, with only a handful of "high profile titles" sprinkled in as the next gen battle for hearts and minds heats up.  Yeah UC3 and XCom are great, but there were months and months of tripe like Bloodrayne Betrayal, Knytt, Frogger Returns, etc. with very few AAA titles.  I'm not complaining - free is free (well, $50/year), but let's not exaggerate the overall quality of the titles included.
No, not every game is a blockbuster but if you get two games per month then at least one of them is a AAA game.  For example, I've had PS+ for just over a year and this is what I have in my gaming backlog thanks to PS+:

Deus Ex
Sleeping Dogs
Demon's Souls
Vanquish
The Cave
Darksiders
Resident Evil 5
Little Big Planet
Rachet and Clank All 4 one
Saints Row 2
Space Marine
Infamous 2
Magic 2012
Lara Croft Guardian of Light
Virtua Fighter 5?

And then this month there's UC3, Xcom and Little Big Planet Karting
Plus there are a few games that I have gotten but havent downloaded to my PS3
And then finally there's all the free games (about 10 so far?) That I've gotten for my PS Vita.

Yes there is a little chaff-but I would say it's 30% at most.

Yeah, I seriously burst out laughing when MS announced that Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3 were "big" games that were coming free to Gold members. Seriously, MS? That was the best you could do to compete with PS+?? Replace Assassins Creed 2 with 3 and Halo 3 with 4 and then we will talk....until then, best of luck to you....  *snicker*

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: June 14, 2013, 01:56:41 PM »

I signed up for gold for the first time ever yesterday because the first month is $1 and it allowed me to get Fable 3 for $1. You can bet your ass I will cancel before my month is up if the next free game is Halo 3. Considering you can get Halo 3 for about $7 at Gamestop. Why pay more for Gold than the free game sells for?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 14, 2013, 02:19:52 PM »

Wait... they didn't hide anything unless I'm misunderstanding the complaint.  It was known on the same day they announced the free games that the promotion would be over at the end of the year.   Yeah, it's a response to the Instant Game Collection - so? People have complained about not getting their money's worth with Gold, so MS sweetens the pot.  I fail to see the problem.  As long as your rights to play the games don't disappear come Dec 31, that's fine.

I certainly was mislead on the free games thing.  Now maybe I just missed it, I'd have to see the press conference again, but my memory was that the way it was announced in the conference, it was not known that this was a limited promotion.  If it was made known in a press release, then that's not the same thing (that's a fine print thing, which may cover them legally, but it doesn't make it right).  Even if it was mentioned in the event, it was done in such a way that many of us missed it.  It certainly was promoted in a way to make it seem like they were trying be competitive with Sony.  A couple of months of older games isn't going to do that.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: June 14, 2013, 02:41:20 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 14, 2013, 02:19:52 PM

I certainly was mislead on the free games thing.  Now maybe I just missed it, I'd have to see the press conference again, but my memory was that the way it was announced in the conference, it was not known that this was a limited promotion.  If it was made known in a press release, then that's not the same thing (that's a fine print thing, which may cover them legally, but it doesn't make it right).  Even if it was mentioned in the event, it was done in such a way that many of us missed it.  It certainly was promoted in a way to make it seem like they were trying be competitive with Sony.  A couple of months of older games isn't going to do that.

Yep, they never mentioned anything about it in the conference. They made it sound like it was a thing done to compete with Sony with the PS+...but now that I read the fine print (which is the only place it states that it ends this year), it makes it even more laughable!  icon_lol

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 14, 2013, 02:45:15 PM »

Yeah, I got fooled as well.

I don't know where we got the idea that Xbox Live Gold members would get two free games per month...
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 14, 2013, 02:58:56 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 14, 2013, 05:57:12 AM

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on June 13, 2013, 11:16:20 PM

Quote from: gellar on June 13, 2013, 10:56:40 PM

I've asked around and from what it seems, Microsoft is not trying to sell the console to US, the gamers, because we're going to buy it anyway.  They're trying to sell it to the nongamer who wants a fancy box in their living room so Microsoft can "own the living room."  This sort of makes sense since they used to own the office and don't own that anymore, so they've gotta try dominating at something.

The problem for them is that they forgot they have a real strong competitor in Sony and that the assumption that we're 'going to buy it anyway' was probably a shitty one.

That's interesting because back in 2001 or 2002 when the first Xbox was in development, I was a Microsoft employee in the old WebTV group in the SF Bay Area. I remember going to an internal group meeting/presentation where Xbox was unveiled (there wasn't even a prototype ready yet)  and even back then, over 10 years ago, it was made pretty clear during the presentation that the Xbox would be the first step in a long range goal of putting an entertainment hub in everyone's living room. Xbone sounds like the final iteration of that goal.

I remember back when Bill Gates was in charge, and he stated several times that the goal was exactly this - Get his products that will become a major hub of the household into every single household. He was talking about landline phones with video and an entertainment unit all rolled into one back then, so yeah, they have always as far as I can tell, been about this.

Microsoft have been saying this since around the commercialization of the Internet in the mid 90's. Nothing new about it at all - it was a key vision of Bill Gate's and partially explains Microsoft's buying into commercial media networks.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1209 on: June 14, 2013, 05:47:25 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 14, 2013, 02:45:15 PM

I don't know where we got the idea that Xbox Live Gold members would get two free games per month...

I never saw that image, wasn't paying attention, but I thought the wording they used when announcing those games sounded a bit iffy about whether it was just a one time thing or something they'd do from now on.

I've always considered XBL Gold to be a waste of money, it never had any decent services or features beyond just playing multiplayer, which amounts to matchmaking services. Complicated, but also cheap to run once setup. I suppose they also had NAT transversal servers and account storage too, which is fine. Both systems now have cloud save storage right? I think by this time it was only because of competition that it got to be somewhat worthwhile.

Anyone heard anything actually concrete about this nebulous cloud computing angle they've been pushing? So far, everything I've heard is stuff that's nothing new and easily handled by normal system use. Or stuff that couldn't possible by a real-time thing under full loads from millions of gamers. There are some nice tech demos, but tech demos are never indicative of real world use in games. Any other talk are from studio people who signed exclusive deals, which likely include promotion of the platform as part of the deal.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 05:50:12 PM by Turtle » Logged
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1210 on: June 14, 2013, 05:53:42 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 14, 2013, 05:47:25 PM

Anyone heard anything actually concrete about this nebulous cloud computing angle they've been pushing. So far, everything I've heard is stuff that's nothing new and easily handled by normal system use. Or stuff that couldn't possible by a real-time thing under full loads from millions of gamers. There are some nice tech demos, but tech demos are never indicative of real world use in games.

I don't think we'll ever see anything beyond simple gimmicks like Driveatar through this system. The drawbacks to putting computations online (let's not use the word "cloud" as if it's some kind of magical technology. It's just a server cluster) are so big that it's hardly possible to use for any of the things the Microsoft people have been bragging about. AI? Better graphics? Forget it! The latency, bandwidth and overall pressure on their systems will stop that from ever happening, not to mention the fact that such usage would make it impossible to play offline, or would change the experience to a massive degree depending on whether the cloud is available or not.

Besides, what is it about the Xbox cloud that makes it so bloody unique? The Playstation Plus network has had cloud technology ever since PS Plus was introduced in the first place. At least Sony isn't trying to fool us into thinking the cloud can do something it can't.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 14, 2013, 05:57:32 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 14, 2013, 05:47:25 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on June 14, 2013, 02:45:15 PM

I never saw that image, wasn't paying attention, but I thought the wording they used when announcing those games sounded a bit iffy about whether it was just a one time thing or something they'd do from now on.

I think their wording was something like two games free every month for XBLG until the release of Xbox 1

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1212 on: June 14, 2013, 06:01:41 PM »

Funny thing is, I doubt the Drivatar system needs this cloud computing. I had some guy arguing that the system needed some magical machine learning algorithms that only massive server farms could do. But all that drivatars boil down to is AI that can use input scripts to change its behavior. You just track players actions and driving style during well known racing situations that have been sorted and classed by drivers and coaches in the sport, once you get that data, it's reasonably doable to just plug that data into into the AI so that when the AI encounters said situation that it can identify, it'll perform similar moves. You can throw on a level of statistical info about how often you mess up, which side of that particular track the player favors, etc.

On the other hand, there were some really cool tech demos involving star systems and such that they said was only due to cloud. But, how different is that from that galaxy simulator game.

It's a tech I'd like to see pan out into something interesting and useful, but I don't think MS has along anywhere near the level they're promoting.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: June 15, 2013, 12:04:34 PM »

Just read on NeoGaf that if your Live account is banned, you lose access to all your games.

Of course, as it is now, there is no appeals process or anything. Once you have been accused of something, you are SOL.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1214 on: June 15, 2013, 12:07:17 PM »

It's going to be fun seeing Microsoft get spanked by European laws when they try to pull off that stunt.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: June 15, 2013, 12:27:03 PM »

Yeah, I thought that it was illegal to do that in many European countries and Australia. I honestly don't know how in the world they are going to pull this DRM off. It just seems like it will be a catastrophic failure and huge PR nightmare this Holiday season.

Expect a slew of articles like this in November...

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20130614/OFFDUTY02/306140030/New-Xbox-sin-against-all-service-members-

Not to fear, says Xbox exec Don Mattrick, president of the Microsoft’s Interactive Entertainment division. The company has a solution for those in the military: Just use the old Xbox 360 instead.

“Fortunately we have a product for people who aren’t able to get some form of connectivity, it’s called Xbox 360. If you have zero access to the Internet, that is an offline device,” Mattrick told Game Trailer at E3 in an interview posted online.

But even those outside the military have been surprised by Micosoft’s shrug to the military community, with some speculating it will fuel a wider surge toward Sony’s Playstation console.

“This is shameful, says Joel Hruska, a writer for Extreme Tech website. “Telling troops that you ‘empathize’ with them is both embarrassing and hands Sony perfect ammunition.”

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 15, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »

Just what the hell is XboxSupport anyways? Everything they put out seems to be controversial. Are they the group that MS has tasked with handing out bad news or something?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1217 on: June 15, 2013, 01:30:37 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 15, 2013, 01:16:17 PM

Just what the hell is XboxSupport anyways? Everything they put out seems to be controversial. Are they the group that MS has tasked with handing out bad news or something?

I thought it sounded fishy too, so I looked it up on Twitter. It seems pretty authentic there. Looks like a Twitter account used for direct communication between Microsoft and Xbox users, mostly related to actual support issues.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 15, 2013, 01:56:45 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 15, 2013, 01:16:17 PM

They are, shockingly, the Official Xbox Support twitter account. Yes, it does seem that they are the ones that seem to be letting loose the bad news. They either don't know about the tightly controlled narrative that the higher ups are trying to spin...or just don't care at this point....

Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 15, 2013, 04:17:05 PM »

Please forgive me if its already been posted (if I wanted to read I would go to school  finger)

Looks like Xbone games were not being played on actual Xbone consoles.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

And before anyone goes to slam me with " they all play their demos on high end PCs " If memory serves didn't we hear multiple times 'the following demo is played in real time in engine....." ??

Quote:I suppose the only real damning thing about this kind of exposure is that Microsoft didn't even use “comparable specs" from the company providing them with video cards in their home console. For those of you who don't know the Xbox One will run on a modified AMD GPU that, according to Extreme Tech, is on the level of a mid-ranged Radeon 7790. I guess the 7790 wasn't powerful enough for the Xbox One's E3 games eh? They needed a real manly card like the GTX 780, eh?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 04:19:11 PM by Roman » Logged

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: June 15, 2013, 04:54:45 PM »

Quote from: Roman on June 15, 2013, 04:17:05 PM

Please forgive me if its already been posted (if I wanted to read I would go to school  finger)

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

And before anyone goes to slam me with " they all play their demos on high end PCs " If memory serves didn't we hear multiple times 'the following demo is played in real time in engine....." ??

Quote:I suppose the only real damning thing about this kind of exposure is that Microsoft didn't even use “comparable specs" from the company providing them with video cards in their home console. For those of you who don't know the Xbox One will run on a modified AMD GPU that, according to Extreme Tech, is on the level of a mid-ranged Radeon 7790. I guess the 7790 wasn't powerful enough for the Xbox One's E3 games eh? They needed a real manly card like the GTX 780, eh?

Nothing seems to be going right for the XB1....   

Yeah, it's pretty funny they used a monster Nvidia card, instead of a middling Radeon card, which is what the XB1 will ship with.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 15, 2013, 07:08:50 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on June 15, 2013, 04:54:45 PM

Quote from: Roman on June 15, 2013, 04:17:05 PM

Nothing seems to be going right for the XB1....   

Yeah, it's pretty funny they used a monster Nvidia card, instead of a middling Radeon card, which is what the XB1 will ship with.

Hey, this has all already been posted... ninja

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 15, 2013, 11:45:27 PM »

http://www.p4rgaming.com/microsoft-confirms-xbox-one-will-only-work-in-21-states-in-the-us-at-launch/

“You can relocate to a state that has Xbox One support, you can purchase an Xbox 360 which has no location restrictions, or you can wait patiently until support arrives at your state by 2015 or later.”

icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 16, 2013, 12:04:28 AM »

Whew, I'm supported!  icon_lol icon_lol

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 16, 2013, 12:15:12 AM »

It feels appropriate that they made Alabama red biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: June 16, 2013, 12:18:00 AM »

We asked the representative why some states were chosen over others to which she replied, “Some factors Microsoft put into consideration included demand, the amount of complaints received from each state, internet quality, obesity rates, amount of Xbox Live users, quality of life and more. It was well thought out research and we stand by our decision to launch with only 21 states.”

When we asked the representative about support in the capital, she responded, “It was definitely obesity and quality of life that made us decide they were not worth pursuing at all.”

hear that tubbies?  MS isn't supporting your fatness any longer!

Because I can,
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 16, 2013, 12:57:18 AM »

Keep in mind that 360 headsets will not work with the XB1 controllers and from reports headsets are not included with the standard package.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 16, 2013, 01:29:44 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 14, 2013, 06:01:41 PM

Funny thing is, I doubt the Drivatar system needs this cloud computing. I had some guy arguing that the system needed some magical machine learning algorithms that only massive server farms could do. But all that drivatars boil down to is AI that can use input scripts to change its behavior.

I remember AI driver training stuff stuff being talked about back with Forza 2 I think.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 16, 2013, 03:03:37 AM »

Well, I'm leaning towards busting my ass and raising the money to purchase both systems.    I have stuff I can sell (Jeep parts -- I totaled my Jeep a year ago and have replaced with different vehicle) to make up the cost of getting both.   

Plan would be to hook the PS4 up to my computer monitor for serious gaming, and put the Xbone on my TV in my bedroom for one stop shop music/TV/movies/gaming.     The issue, I guess, is will that Kinect *really* be watching my wife and I have sex even when it's off, or is that fake internet outrage?
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 16, 2013, 03:44:39 AM »

Possible, but remote.  Webcams can be hacked pretty easily due to the OS they are running on requiring a lot of interaction.  Executing arbitrary code remotely on a relatively closed system is really unlikely.  But not impossible.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: June 16, 2013, 03:57:59 AM »

Quote from: gellar on June 16, 2013, 03:44:39 AM

Possible, but remote.  Webcams can be hacked pretty easily due to the OS they are running on requiring a lot of interaction.  Executing arbitrary code remotely on a relatively closed system is really unlikely.  But not impossible.

Guess I could toss her underwear over the camera.  slywink
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 16, 2013, 04:02:13 AM »

I would think that sight of msduncan butt would break that camera anyway.

Oh. snap.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 16, 2013, 04:16:46 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 16, 2013, 03:57:59 AM

Quote from: gellar on June 16, 2013, 03:44:39 AM

Guess I could toss her underwear over the camera.  slywink

or yours.  your new XBL tag could be SkidMarkz.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 16, 2013, 07:27:26 AM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on June 16, 2013, 12:57:18 AM

Keep in mind that 360 headsets will not work with the XB1 controllers and from reports headsets are not included with the standard package.

you know,Xbox and Playstation really have swapped round for this next gen...but i honestly can not remember hearing so much awful things about the PS3 before it came out,i still wanted a PS3 at launch,6 months away from launch for the Xbox 1 and i really can't see myself wanting it so badly that i need to get it on day one like the 360 and PS3

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1234 on: June 16, 2013, 07:37:58 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 16, 2013, 07:27:26 AM

you know,Xbox and Playstation really have swapped round for this next gen...but i honestly can not remember hearing so much awful things about the PS3 before it came out,i still wanted a PS3 at launch,6 months away from launch for the Xbox 1 and i really can't see myself wanting it so badly that i need to get it on day one like the 360 and PS3

I wasn't a console gamer at the time so I honestly didn't pay much attention, but I always had the impression that most of the criticism against the PS3 was about the price (at the time anyway). The criticism against the Xbox One covers almost the entire gamut of features it has, as well as the price of course.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 16, 2013, 02:11:52 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 16, 2013, 07:37:58 AM

I wasn't a console gamer at the time so I honestly didn't pay much attention, but I always had the impression that most of the criticism against the PS3 was about the price (at the time anyway). The criticism against the Xbox One covers almost the entire gamut of features it has, as well as the price of course.

The price and the giant crab.

Sony had a delusional attitude the previous round, which was also part of the complaint, but it wasn't quite as delusional as MS seems to be.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 16, 2013, 02:15:36 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 16, 2013, 07:37:58 AM

Price, how proprietary the hardware was (MS convinced everyone that it would be hard for publishers to develop for it), the looks of the machine (although I liked the design), and Sony's dismissive attitude in the face of customer feedback.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 16, 2013, 02:30:59 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 16, 2013, 03:03:37 AM

Well, I'm leaning towards busting my ass and raising the money to purchase both systems. 

It does simplify things. Last gen I waited for a price drop before getting system #2 to help lessen the impact to the bank account... but I make a lot more money now than I did 8 years ago. I think the PS4 will be the only one I instabuy on release day, and I'll just keep another $565 earmarked for an impulse buy when I see my first must-have XBone game.

But damn, now that I think about it, I really don't want to end up paying monthly fees for both consoles simultaneously. Grmblmrm.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 16, 2013, 03:36:57 PM »

icon_lol

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 16, 2013, 03:40:59 PM »

icon_lol icon_lol

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: