http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 04:16:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 76098 times)
Zinfan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 12, 2013, 08:31:40 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 12, 2013, 08:19:48 AM

Quote from: Zinfan on June 12, 2013, 08:14:10 AM

Quote from: TiLT on June 12, 2013, 05:21:49 AM

People buying the Xbox One for multiplayer should be aware that, at least the way things are looking right now, the "I'm buying this console because my friends play multiplayer on it" argument will end up favoring the PS4 this time around. The Xbox One will limit the amount of people you can play with.

I honestly can't remember but I thought it was the Microsoft presser that had 64 players on the stage playing a game, was it the Sony one instead?  Also any link to the info on the XB1 limiting the number of players.  So much info over the last two days so I'm a bit lost.

You missed my point entirely. They don't limit concurrent players. You limit the number of players you can play with because there will be less of them on the Xbox One, the majority having chosen PS4 instead. At least the way it's looking right now. One of the big strengths of the 360 this generation has been the "my friends are already on the 360, so that's the console I'll get" argument, and people who think this also applies to the Xbox One are in for a nasty surprise.

I see your point now but your wording make it a limitation of the XB1 not the user base, that is where I went off message.  I do think it is a bit early to make the final call on who is going to end up where but I do agree that at the moment the PS4 looks to be the new hotness.  MS isn't doing themselves any favors by taking a seemingly  arrogant stance in regards to almost any questions they get so I can see a mass migration to Sony but it isn't a sure thing this far out.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 12, 2013, 08:59:38 AM »

My normal gaming crew are leaning Xbox..    crybaby

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1122 on: June 12, 2013, 09:02:43 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on June 12, 2013, 08:59:38 AM

My normal gaming crew are leaning Xbox..    crybaby

I can't even imagine the thought processes needed to favor the Xbox One at this point. That decision is completely alien to me.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1123 on: June 12, 2013, 10:12:49 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 12, 2013, 09:02:43 AM

Quote from: Soulchilde on June 12, 2013, 08:59:38 AM

My normal gaming crew are leaning Xbox..    crybaby

I can't even imagine the thought processes needed to favor the Xbox One at this point. That decision is completely alien to me.

Me neither, but it does show how people can be so caught up in what they already own and have zero interest in looking at anything different.

Brand loyalty is a massive thing, i worked in retail for 20 yyears and the number of people who would not try something different if what they wanted was out of stock was amazing, it was like evrything else was just crap.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 12, 2013, 10:54:40 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on June 12, 2013, 03:26:20 AM

Quote from: Harkonis on June 11, 2013, 11:28:21 AM

While I can't deny that MS did some really stupid shit here, I also can't get behind the complete doom and gloom.  Personally the biggest negatives (other than price) that people have given it don't even affect me.  I'd be fine with a digital only atmosphere of no used games and always on.

I've had mostly good interactions with Microsoft support and I've had absolutely abysmal interactions with Sony support every time.  That's enough for me to still be on the route to grab the Xbox instead.

Kato is in, Hark is in, Jarrodhk is swiftly being consumed by the dark side to join us smile

I'll be there.  don't do much MP anymore but they've got the games I want.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: June 12, 2013, 11:55:32 AM »

I'll be there at some point....but not at $500. Not with their DRM policy. If they ditch the DRM, I'd be open to getting one at launch....but there is no way that is happening at this point. They made their bed and they will have to lay in it.

Ill get one when either it is sub-$300....or they lose the DRM.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 12, 2013, 12:08:09 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on June 12, 2013, 08:14:10 AM

Quote from: TiLT on June 12, 2013, 05:21:49 AM

People buying the Xbox One for multiplayer should be aware that, at least the way things are looking right now, the "I'm buying this console because my friends play multiplayer on it" argument will end up favoring the PS4 this time around. The Xbox One will limit the amount of people you can play with.

I honestly can't remember but I thought it was the Microsoft presser that had 64 players on the stage playing a game, was it the Sony one instead?  Also any link to the info on the XB1 limiting the number of players.  So much info over the last two days so I'm a bit lost.
it was neither, it was the EA one.  And I think for that they were all on pcs.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 12, 2013, 12:26:55 PM »

Many things can influence people sticking with a platform. I know people who play most games especially shooters on the 360 because they hate the duelshock. Also there is the already established friends list that people don't want to split up/ mess with. Then for some it comes down to single words like Halo why they will stick with it.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 12, 2013, 12:45:01 PM »

Quote from: Jumangi on June 12, 2013, 12:26:55 PM

Many things can influence people sticking with a platform. I know people who play most games especially shooters on the 360 because they hate the duelshock. Also there is the already established friends list that people don't want to split up/ mess with. Then for some it comes down to single words like Halo why they will stick with it.

A lot(!) of people also have an aversion to anything new and/or changes, whether they know it or not. Its an entire field actually.

Personally, I don't understand why anyone would want to support Microsoft and their restrictions, on top of a bigger pricepoint, no matter whether you are hit by them yourself or not.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:47:14 PM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 12, 2013, 02:05:11 PM »

Info on the Day One Achievement:

"DRM Cowboy!"
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 12, 2013, 02:07:51 PM »

I'm still leaning PS4.    I have both on Preorder and I'm holding Hark personally responsible for having me rooting through my closet and attic taking stock of what I can sell to raise money to own both.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 12, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/microsoft-defends-the-xbox-ones-licensing-used-game-policies/
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 12, 2013, 02:13:31 PM »

I'm leaning towards the PS4 as well,  which is a big step for me and further proof that Microsoft may  be in trouble.

I hate the dual shock controller though and cannot comprehend why they didn't scrap it and make a new design all together.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 12, 2013, 02:22:57 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 12, 2013, 02:07:51 PM

I'm still leaning PS4.    I have both on Preorder and I'm holding Hark personally responsible for having me rooting through my closet and attic taking stock of what I can sell to raise money to own both.

whoa boy, slow down there.  I'm making the choice for myself, not you.  ninja

edit:  I'll accept donations for both systems though if you REALLY want to ensure you can play with me.  nod
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 12, 2013, 02:30:09 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 12, 2013, 02:22:57 PM

Quote from: msduncan on June 12, 2013, 02:07:51 PM

I'm still leaning PS4.    I have both on Preorder and I'm holding Hark personally responsible for having me rooting through my closet and attic taking stock of what I can sell to raise money to own both.

whoa boy, slow down there.  I'm making the choice for myself, not you.  ninja

edit:  I'll accept donations for both systems though if you REALLY want to ensure you can play with me.  nod

You do have a Suga Mommy...need to put in more work  Tongue

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 12, 2013, 02:37:21 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 12, 2013, 02:11:00 PM

They need a new PR department.  It's like they worked hard to phrase every line in a way to maximize how much it made me hate them more.

Quotes from "Microsoft Xbox Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer Yusuf Mehdi"

"This is a big change, consumers don't always love change, and there's a lot of education we have to provide to make sure that people understand."

Yeah... I just don't understand.  That's it.  Once you explain it more I'll love it.

"We're trying to do something pretty big in terms of moving the industry forward for console gaming into the digital world. We believe the digital world is the future, and we believe digital is better."

Yeah... this isn't about the transition to digital.  Steam manages to do DRM without an every-24-hour phone home.  Steam manages to succeed with unsellable digital games without any restrictions being forced upon consumers should they choose to buy disc games.

"a diversity of business models" for publishers to take advantage of, from free-to-play titles to $60 AAA games to Xbox Live Arcade games somewhere in between. "As you go into a digital world, what's happening is publishers are choosing to have different business models and consumers are saying 'hey, if I can't resell the title, provide for me a different way to get value to get into your game.' And we think the market will be efficient in finding good models that work for consumers."

Yeah, provide me a different way to get value.  How about regular huge sales like on Steam?  

Mehdi noted that purely digital game marketplaces like the iOS App Store have thrived despite having absolutely no physical media.

Yeah... you realize my iOS games usually cost $1 or $2, right?  Maybe $12 for a really expensive one?

While the Internet is decidedly up in arms about the way the Xbox One handles game ownership and online check ins, Mehdi said it was "hard to say" what the larger reaction from the less attentive mainstream consumers would be. "I think it's fair to say there's a segment of consumers at this show in particular who really pay attention, who are very passionate about all aspects of gaming, and that we listen to closely. In a broader set of community, people don't pay attention to a lot of the details."

Oh, you think your userbase is too ignorant to realize what you're doing to them.  Awesome.

While the Xbox One will sell for $100 more than the PlayStation 4, Mehdi suggested that the extra money spent would be worthwhile to consumers looking for the "best value" in their next gaming system

Say the higher cost will teach me discipline.  Saaay it.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 12, 2013, 02:46:03 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on June 12, 2013, 02:13:31 PM

I hate the dual shock controller though and cannot comprehend why they didn't scrap it and make a new design all together.

Because believe it or not a lot of people like the Dual Shock just fine.

As for that Ars Technica article article posted earlier, I think that if it wasn't for the DRM, Xbox would be right on track. I mean a $100 is $100 but that's only a game and a half. Assuming that Kinect 2 turns out to be awesome and the TV thing is actually decent then I think Xbox would have a pretty competitive device. Especially if that sharing with 10 "family members" includes people that you would normally describe using air quotations. I could see getting together with 9 of my friends and paying $6 for a new game.  That's a terrific advantage.

MS just needs to shut the hell up and stop saying stupid things, like this juicy tidbit from the Ars Technica article:
Mehdi noted that purely digital game marketplaces like the iOS App Store have thrived despite having absolutely no physical media.
Of course they've thrived-because iPhone games cost a goddamned dollar not sixty dollars you dolt!

Microsoft's one advantage was that they would be able to get the publishers on their side but they can only use that to their advantage if they carve out the majority of the marketshare.  If Sony ends up with a larger market share than Microsoft then the publishers are going to tell them to go F#&$ themselves, DRM or no. And that battle doesn't begin in six months, it's already begun and is possibly over.  How many people have we seen on different forums saying that they've pre-ordered a PS4 and how many have we seen that have pre-ordered an Xbox? The gulf is huge. A pre-order isn't necessarily a sale of course but it's a pretty good indication of what's going to happen.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 12, 2013, 03:06:51 PM »

I'm also not a big fan of the dual shock design, but the PS4 controller is changed.  It just looks really similar (and they stuck with the analog sticks both being in the low position).

The changes you can see just from pictures are that the triggers are now concave so your fingers won't be inclined to slip off upon use like with the PS3, and the analog sticks are further apart so your thumbs should no longer hit each other when the sticks both tilt inward.

What you can't see, according to this article, "analogue sticks and triggers are vastly improved over its PS3 counterpart... the sticks are very tight - possibly tighter than an Xbox controller... curved triggers feel tactile and comfortable."  Sounds like the dangly bits your fingers wrap around also have a much different feel.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 12, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »

The biggest problem with the PS controllers is NO OFFSET STICKS.  They are just not as comfortable as the 360 controller.  It blows my mind that this wasn't revamped.

Maybe little AZN hands don't have this problem.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 12, 2013, 03:53:46 PM »

I'm sure at some point I will get the itch for an XBone, but initially, with the way I tend to trade games to offset the cost of new releases I have to go with PS4, especially since I'm likely to upgrade my PC GPU this winter as well. To get both at launch is kind of overkill, especially given the backlog I already have. And single player exclusives I'm fine waiting on. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: June 12, 2013, 03:58:47 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 12, 2013, 03:48:14 PM

The biggest problem with the PS controllers is NO OFFSET STICKS.  They are just not as comfortable as the 360 controller.  It blows my mind that this wasn't revamped.

I'm curious to see what it would be like handling a controller with both analog sticks at the top. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 12, 2013, 04:20:46 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 12, 2013, 03:58:47 PM

I'm curious to see what it would be like handling a controller with both analog sticks at the top. 

Nintendo did that didn't they?with the right stick,as i said in one of those threads,it means you would have to move your thumb away from the stick to press the buttons that are underneath(therefore extending the web of skin inbetween Thumb and forefinger),it's much more comfortable moving your thumb towards your other fingers to press the buttons(ie:stick below the buttons)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 12, 2013, 04:39:24 PM »

Having owned both an original Xbox and a 360(which I purchased day 1), I went ahead an preordered a PS4. The Xbox One policies seem a little confusing, to the point where they even have trouble explaining to me, the consumer, why I should choose them over the competition. Kinect? No thanks. I have one I never use it. The ability to play my games on any Xbox? I have exactly 1 adult gamer friend, so not a plus for me. I have to connect every 24 hours in order to use it? No thanks, that sucks. Hell they can't even clarify the used games policy, which I don't actually have as much of an issue with. I am all for developers getting paid.

At the end of the day I'm going to buy the toy that brings me the most enjoyment with the least amount of headache. Only time will tell of course, but as of right now the PS4 is a clear winner in that department.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 12, 2013, 04:46:12 PM »

The biggest problem with the PS controllers is NO OFFSET STICKS.  They are just not as comfortable as the 360 controller.  It blows my mind that this wasn't revamped.

Maybe little AZN hands don't have this problem.

Spoiler for Hiden:
this.

Because I can,
tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1144 on: June 12, 2013, 04:58:13 PM »

Thing is if MS retains say 75% of their userbase, 3 out of 4 users say, you know what I dont care, I want to pay more, be spied on, blah blah blah,  I know it seems a pretty high number, but even if they do retain 3 out of 4 users, that would STILL be an epic failure for them.  Microsoft actually is banking on trying to increase their user base by 50 to 100%, personally I see no way in hell this happens,  except one..... MS has only one shot to pull this out... subsides it with one or two internet providers.  

MS has set the 500 price point establishing, this thing is expensive.  If they come out in september during their NFL media blitz and say, you know you can have the xbone for 99 bucks, just sign a 3 year bundle with comcast or who ever...  That is the only way I see them saving themselves.  But of course this would make sense, and nothing MS does seems to make sense anymore, so I put my money on epic failure of a console.  WiiU is at $350 and sales are AWFUL, how the hell is 500 even an option for the xbone?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:59:50 PM by tcweidner » Logged

Project Reindeer Games- Exclusive Family Friendly PC Games to Give, Play, and Share for Free.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 12, 2013, 05:15:14 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 12, 2013, 02:46:03 PM

Because believe it or not a lot of people like the Dual Shock just fine.

Yeah, I have small hands, so I feel the Dual Shock feels more comfortable. It just fits my hands better and the ergonomics feel just right. The XBox controller's always felt awkward to me. But I wouldn't be surprised if a 3rd party were to come out with PS4 controllers resembling the XBox controllers.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:19:43 PM by Rumpy » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 12, 2013, 05:41:31 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on June 12, 2013, 05:15:14 PM

But I wouldn't be surprised if a 3rd party were to come out with PS4 controllers resembling the XBox controllers.

I'm surprised no one ever did for the PS3, or if they did it was a real quiet release.

Because I can,
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 12, 2013, 05:46:25 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 12, 2013, 04:20:46 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on June 12, 2013, 03:58:47 PM

Nintendo did that didn't they?with the right stick,as i said in one of those threads,it means you would have to move your thumb away from the stick to press the buttons that are underneath(therefore extending the web of skin inbetween Thumb and forefinger),it's much more comfortable moving your thumb towards your other fingers to press the buttons(ie:stick below the buttons)

Wow, shows how much I've been paying attention to the Wii U.  Yeah, that design makes so much more sense now that almost every game utilizes both sticks.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: June 12, 2013, 05:47:43 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 12, 2013, 05:41:31 PM

But I wouldn't be surprised if a 3rd party were to come out with PS4 controllers resembling the XBox controllers.

I'm surprised no one ever did for the PS3, or if they did it was a real quiet release.

I'm pretty sure I've seen those in my local GAME/GAMESTOP store actually....I think it was something like this that I saw: http://gizmodo.com/5563483/power-a-makes-a-wireless-xbox-360-controller-for-the-ps3

Btw - Am I the only one for whom the Hyperlink and Image buttons no longer work???

A new one
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: June 12, 2013, 05:52:12 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 12, 2013, 05:41:31 PM

Yeah, cause I've seen many different designs for the original NES controller from 3rd parties, and with the influx of 360 gamers going with the PS4, it would be smart for a company to do that, so that they can feel at home. On the other hand, maybe it's a question of manufacturing rights since both controllers are iconic designs in their own right, it may be that MS would take issue to an XBox style controller being used on the PS4 and not allow manufacturing of it. In the end, everyone should feel comfortable.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: June 12, 2013, 05:52:27 PM »

oh yeah, I remember those Power A controllers.

Btw - Am I the only one for whom the Hyperlink and Image buttons no longer work???

just make sure the whole page has finished loading before trying to use them.  I noticed this when surfing using my Kindle Fire, and I think it has something to do with the up top advertising banner loading.  they wouldn't work, then the banner would pop in and then the javascript buttons would work just fine.

Because I can,
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 12, 2013, 06:14:52 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 12, 2013, 02:37:21 PM

Quotes from "Microsoft Xbox Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer Yusuf Mehdi"

"This is a big change, consumers don't always love change, and there's a lot of education we have to provide to make sure that people understand."

Yeah... I just don't understand.  That's it.  Once you explain it more I'll love it.

Yep....they used the same excuse with that abomination called Metro in Windows 8.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 12, 2013, 06:22:38 PM »

Don't like Windows 8?  get Windows 7!

Because I can,
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 12, 2013, 06:54:23 PM »

Some of the comments in this thread make me LOL.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 12, 2013, 06:58:58 PM »

Is it just me or does Don Mattrick look like he's got a permanent smirk on his face? He looks like someone who's pulled off the biggest joke on the world and finds it so funny.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: June 12, 2013, 07:19:36 PM »

Concerning preordering from Amazon:

I have my orders set up as Second Day shipping.    Does this mean I get it the day after release day, or it ships the day after release day and I get it a few days later?

I really hate having to wait a few days after launch for something like this, but I can't swallow the Gamestop usual tricks of bundling the hell out of these machines.    So my first instinct was to preorder both of them from Amazon.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 12, 2013, 07:21:32 PM »

I imagine it will eventually be release day shipping.  They're probably waiting on getting all the info from MS before declaring it.

Because I can,
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 12, 2013, 07:23:17 PM »

I always knew Paul Thurrott was a Xbox fan but I just never realized he was one of those rabid ones. Even when he previews the PS4 as well as a vs. he asks to tone down the partisan rhetoric in the comments but proceeds to make little digs at Sony as often as possible. Even his twitter is filled with the stuff. But my personal favorite is this quote "But once you get past the self-righteous indignation of supposedly outraged gamers, youíll find that the value proposition of this coming generation of consoles hasnít really changed."
I'm thinking Microsoft is actually getting their talking points from him. I also have to wonder if he has become so detached from the rest of us that he just cannot understand why we don't like the direction the Xbox is heading.

I'm really considering about abandoning Windows Weekly after this Thursday. Having listened since the beginning it's a weird thing to be thinking. But between this and Leo's inability to listen to what Paul And Mary Jo say mere seconds before I really have to wonder what I'm getting out of it. I've always had disagreements before but I guess when my knowledge base is 1:1 with theirs I find that the podcast is really slanted closer to one side than the center.

For the record I also have no plans on getting a PS4 either. I have too large a backlog to work through. About the only new game I would get would be Half Life Ep 3. But since that's never coming out I'm safe.
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 12, 2013, 07:33:29 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on June 12, 2013, 06:58:58 PM

Is it just me or does Don Mattrick look like he's got a permanent smirk on his face? He looks like someone who's pulled off the biggest joke on the world and finds it so funny.
No I've never liked him either. Always comes across as someone who thinks he's one of us but really falling short.
I've also never liked Kudo Tsunoda. I don't care if one of your eyes is sensitive to light find a better way that does not involve looking like a douche. And buy a suit.

Contrast that with Jack Tretton who yes is probably a suit but has always come across much more natural. And then of course there was Shu Yoshida who looked positively giddy being on stage.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:47:35 PM by Andrew Wonser » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 12, 2013, 07:35:26 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 12, 2013, 07:19:36 PM

Concerning preordering from Amazon:

I have my orders set up as Second Day shipping.    Does this mean I get it the day after release day, or it ships the day after release day and I get it a few days later?

I really hate having to wait a few days after launch for something like this, but I can't swallow the Gamestop usual tricks of bundling the hell out of these machines.    So my first instinct was to preorder both of them from Amazon.

At least for games, 2-day shipping can still mean release day arrival.  For example, my Last of Us preorder is showing as being prepped to ship out today to get at my doorstep on release day.

At the very least, if Amazon ends up providing a different release day shipping option, you'll still be able to change your shipping option after placing the preorder.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: