http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 11:31:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 55761 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: June 11, 2013, 04:38:28 AM »

If they don't drop to at least 399....then they shouldn't even bother dropping the price. I don't know why anyone would go....oh hey at 449 this is now a great deal!

They need to drop to 399 and ditch the DRM at least if they are to have any hope. The online thing and required Kinect they can get away with and survive....but the $100 price difference and completely absurd DRM is a huge deal breaker with most people.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 11, 2013, 04:45:09 AM »

Someday in the future I would love to see a behind the scenes story on how this playing of events could even be possible. Did Sony drop a similar restrictive used games policy at the last minute after the response to MS? Did they wait on finalizing pricing until MS made the first move?  How could MS make such gigantic blunders without having some kind of inside scoop on what Sony had up their sleeve?
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: June 11, 2013, 06:13:43 AM »

Its so weird. If MS's play wasn't based on publisher pressure, why would they ever think they play was a good idea? It can ONLY be bad.

A new one
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 11, 2013, 11:19:59 AM »

According to Engadget, the Xbone will be delayed for a year in Asia and Japan wasn't even mentioned. Probably just as well. After two failures and the state of this latest console I don't think they would sell a single console in Japan (hyperbole, but not much).
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 11, 2013, 11:28:21 AM »

While I can't deny that MS did some really stupid shit here, I also can't get behind the complete doom and gloom.  Personally the biggest negatives (other than price) that people have given it don't even affect me.  I'd be fine with a digital only atmosphere of no used games and always on.

I've had mostly good interactions with Microsoft support and I've had absolutely abysmal interactions with Sony support every time.  That's enough for me to still be on the route to grab the Xbox instead.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 11, 2013, 12:01:48 PM »

Yeah, sometimes its not about features, its about what experiences you have had with a company. Personally, I've never spoken with a microsoft representative, but the few times I've spoken with Sony through their chat, they fixed my issue instantly.

Is price also not an issue? I mean, 100 bucks, and you have to pay for gold to view netflix as well isn't a deterrent?

A new one
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 11, 2013, 12:21:25 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 11, 2013, 11:28:21 AM

While I can't deny that MS did some really stupid shit here, I also can't get behind the complete doom and gloom.  Personally the biggest negatives (other than price) that people have given it don't even affect me.  I'd be fine with a digital only atmosphere of no used games and always on.

I've had mostly good interactions with Microsoft support and I've had absolutely abysmal interactions with Sony support every time.  That's enough for me to still be on the route to grab the Xbox instead.
dude you are Mr. Tradein!   I preordered Ps4.  May or may not get a Xbox One at some point.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 11, 2013, 12:22:24 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 11, 2013, 04:45:09 AM

Someday in the future I would love to see a behind the scenes story on how this playing of events could even be possible. Did Sony drop a similar restrictive used games policy at the last minute after the response to MS? Did they wait on finalizing pricing until MS made the first move?  How could MS make such gigantic blunders without having some kind of inside scoop on what Sony had up their sleeve?

I thought the same thing.  I want to see a book similar to that one about the Late Night wars from when Letterman went to CBS.

The story behind this smackdown has to be fascinating.  We'll be talking about it for years.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 11, 2013, 12:26:02 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on June 11, 2013, 12:21:25 PM

dude you are Mr. Tradein!   I preordered Ps4.  May or may not get a Xbox One at some point.

I used to tradein a lot because it was the only way I could get new stuff.  However after playing on PC for a bunch lately, Steam combined with XBLA has reminded me that it's not that big of a deal.  (also I have sugarmomma now slywink )
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 11, 2013, 12:41:34 PM »

I've pre-ordered both just for grins. I'm sure I'll cancel.. But if I can flip them..well.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1090 on: June 11, 2013, 03:35:57 PM »

I do like some of the functionality behind Kinect, the voice controls often work for example. Although apparently anyone watching the press show through the 360 with a kinect had trouble with the kinect picking up the voice commands from the show itself.

There's also the promise of accurate motion controls is great, even though we say that kinect 1's waggle was no different from the Wiis in the long run. But, I still want my Steel Battalion style virtual cockpit, but one that works this time. Heck, Capcom just needs to release an HD version of that game for the One and suddenly I'm much more interested in the system.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 11, 2013, 07:14:37 PM »

and funnily enough this one actually made me laugh the most

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 11, 2013, 07:21:07 PM »

Love all those pics.  I'm hanging in with the XBone for now, hey who else is going to hang around to get murdered by Hark and Kato in CoD13?  I said earlier I don't trade in games and the internet connection isn't a big deal for me .  I'm also planning on getting a PS-4 for whatever reasons I can make up to make it seem reasonable to have both.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 11, 2013, 07:21:09 PM »

I want a horn here, here, here and here...

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 11, 2013, 07:30:06 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on June 11, 2013, 07:21:07 PM

Love all those pics.  I'm hanging in with the XBone for now, hey who else is going to hang around to get murdered by Hark and Kato in CoD13?  I said earlier I don't trade in games and the internet connection isn't a big deal for me .  I'm also planning on getting a PS-4 for whatever reasons I can make up to make it seem reasonable to have both.

Well multiplatform games should generally look better on PS4, as it is more powerful and rumor has it it's easier to develop for than Xbox One (shocking I know, I would not have guessed that based on PS3/360)
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: June 11, 2013, 08:04:35 PM »

Candidly neither is really a problem for me either, but three things have me preordering the PS4 and not the Xbone:

1) $100 cheaper.
2) I don't trust MSFT and the developers to properly not fuck up the 24 hour check-in at least once that will cause me to rage.
3) I don't really have any loyalty to the MSFT exclusives, while I do love me some Naughty Dog.

Sometime down the line I may get a Xbone when a) They are cheaper, b) They prove that they have not fucked up this 24 hour check-in and c) They have exclusives that I want to play. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: June 11, 2013, 08:16:59 PM »

Outside Xbox-The Xbox One Hangover:The Morning after the PS4

I like these guys,yes they are based with Xbox,but they tell it how it was/is

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 11, 2013, 08:28:56 PM »

icon_lol

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 11, 2013, 11:37:59 PM »

I'm hanging in with the XBone for now, hey who else is going to hang around to get murdered by Hark and Kato in CoD13? 

ah, good, was worried I'd have to buy CoD13 for that reason, but now you've volunteered I can focus on other XB1 games.

Because I can,
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: June 12, 2013, 12:30:57 AM »

Damnit Hark, don't do this to me!     It's a testament to how much fun it is to game with you, Kato, and the usual crew that I read this message and it has me considering turning my decision on it's head and going with the Xbox.   

Maybe I need to start liquidating some stuff to raise money and just get both of the darned things if I can scrounge enough up.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: June 12, 2013, 12:43:45 AM »

I think we can find ways to peer pressure Hark into going with Sony for multiplayer...
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: June 12, 2013, 12:48:56 AM »

Xbox One is for my multiplayer needs smile

And getting the PS4 when my Internet fails slywink

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 12, 2013, 12:49:28 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 12, 2013, 12:43:45 AM

I think we can find ways to peer pressure Hark into going with Sony for multiplayer...
I vote PS4.    If we get Kato on board we can get Hark. ninja

Mostly I want to have folks to play The Division with whenever that comes out.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 12, 2013, 12:50:09 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on June 12, 2013, 12:48:56 AM

Xbox One is for my multiplayer needs smile

And getting the PS4 when my Internet fails slywink
Boo
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 12, 2013, 12:53:23 AM »

I want to make my kinect 2.0 turn its head in shame when I kill steal for the 100,000,000th time

Semper Fidelis

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 12, 2013, 12:55:39 AM »

I realize the solution is just to have Kato get his Xbox account hacked again so he'll be forced to play PS4  ninja
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: June 12, 2013, 12:56:12 AM »

You magnificent bastard

Semper Fidelis

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 12, 2013, 12:56:47 AM »

I hear the XBone comes with spiders inside.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 12, 2013, 03:26:20 AM »

Kato is in, Hark is in, Jarrodhk is swiftly being consumed by the dark side to join us smile

Semper Fidelis

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 12, 2013, 03:35:26 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on June 12, 2013, 03:26:20 AM

Kato is in, Hark is in, Jarrodhk is swiftly being consumed by the dark side to join us smile

Just remember Xbone is going to have the inferior versions of multiplatform games this time around.  PS4 is objectively more powerful, and is not a complete nightmare to dev for like the PS3 was.  I mean I guess if what you guys want is to play Kinect games together...
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: June 12, 2013, 03:53:25 AM »

ARE YOU SERIOUS MICROSOFT??

GamingTrend just tweeted that a Microsoft executive was asked about the opposition to 'always online', and his response was 'stick with 360'.

They are making it extraordinarily hard to hand over 500 bucks to them by being total dicks.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 12, 2013, 03:58:24 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 12, 2013, 03:53:25 AM

ARE YOU SERIOUS MICROSOFT??

GamingTrend just tweeted that a Microsoft executive was asked about the opposition to 'always online', and his response was 'stick with 360'.

They are making it extraordinarily hard to hand over 500 bucks to them by being total dicks.

Hah, I was going to reply with the youtube link of that, but it's been blocked due to copyright.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 12, 2013, 04:03:00 AM »

here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiUzaqOU06M  voice is kinda soft when the MS guy is talking so turn up the volume.

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 12, 2013, 04:08:05 AM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on June 12, 2013, 03:35:26 AM

Quote from: USMC Kato on June 12, 2013, 03:26:20 AM

Just remember Xbone is going to have the inferior versions of multiplatform games this time around.  PS4 is objectively more powerful, and is not a complete nightmare to dev for like the PS3 was.  I mean I guess if what you guys want is to play Kinect games together...

titanfall, forza and kinect! yayyayaya!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 12, 2013, 05:04:16 AM »

controller hands on.

the most important part for me:

In-hand, the Xbox One controller feels almost indiscernable from the Xbox 360.

I imagine everyone else who cares will be happy about:

But, of course, the biggest improvement has come with the new d-pad, which abandons the oft-criticized disc style for a 4-way configuration. The buttons are firm, responsive, and very low-profile. Meaning, when you push down, there's very little distance between the stock position and fully depressed.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1115 on: June 12, 2013, 05:06:48 AM »

Honestly, I see Titanfall coming to PS4 after 6 months to a year, that's how most "exclusive" titles for both Sony and MS went this gen. Even Mass Effect 1 finally came out for PS3. Tongue

Anyone know if the Kinect 2 actually has some processing power in it to handle its input this time, or is it still shunting the processing to the main Xbox CPU?

It's sounding, due to hardware manufacturing issues, it's going to be significantly inferior, to the level of early PS3 multiplatform games before Sony and Developers figured out the tools to more easily access the PS3's power. That, and the previews of the slow dashboard makes me worry. I actually want Kinect 2 to succeed.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1116 on: June 12, 2013, 05:21:49 AM »

People buying the Xbox One for multiplayer should be aware that, at least the way things are looking right now, the "I'm buying this console because my friends play multiplayer on it" argument will end up favoring the PS4 this time around. The Xbox One will limit the amount of people you can play with.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 12, 2013, 06:53:10 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 12, 2013, 05:21:49 AM

People buying the Xbox One for multiplayer should be aware that, at least the way things are looking right now, the "I'm buying this console because my friends play multiplayer on it" argument will end up favoring the PS4 this time around. The Xbox One will limit the amount of people you can play with.

I have also always said that SONY i am sure will have a much improved online,i am hoping for a more XBL style accessibility,I am sure they would've picked up a few tricks over the past 7-8 years

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 12, 2013, 08:14:10 AM »

I honestly can't remember but I thought it was the Microsoft presser that had 64 players on the stage playing a game, was it the Sony one instead?  Also any link to the info on the XB1 limiting the number of players.  So much info over the last two days so I'm a bit lost.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1119 on: June 12, 2013, 08:19:48 AM »

Quote from: Zinfan on June 12, 2013, 08:14:10 AM

I honestly can't remember but I thought it was the Microsoft presser that had 64 players on the stage playing a game, was it the Sony one instead?  Also any link to the info on the XB1 limiting the number of players.  So much info over the last two days so I'm a bit lost.

You missed my point entirely. They don't limit concurrent players. You limit the number of players you can play with because there will be less of them on the Xbox One, the majority having chosen PS4 instead. At least the way it's looking right now. One of the big strengths of the 360 this generation has been the "my friends are already on the 360, so that's the console I'll get" argument, and people who think this also applies to the Xbox One are in for a nasty surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: