http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 01:15:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 79346 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: June 06, 2013, 11:14:25 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on June 06, 2013, 11:13:11 PM

So if it's now up to the publisher, what incentive is there for them to allow used resale of their games?

Wow, Sony is getting the next generation served up to them on a silver platter, if they are smart about it. Then again, it's Sony so I expect them to blow this opportunity somehow.

There's no way that MS has this kind of deal with pubs and Sony doesn't have to follow suit, is there?
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 06, 2013, 11:14:58 PM »

So if it's now up to the publisher, what incentive is there for them to allow used resale of their games?

Wow, Sony is getting the next generation served up to them on a silver platter, if they are smart about it. Then again, it's Sony so I expect them to blow this opportunity somehow.

Sony has been pretty mum on the whole used games thing, no?
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 06, 2013, 11:27:58 PM »

The fact that Sony has been so quiet about this is worrisome.

Honestly, I don't see how Sony doesn't have a similar kind of policy. Let's say they do allow used game sale as we currently know it (or some form of policy similar) then publishers would have two significantly different set of rules to have to contend with when publishing their games. Maybe that's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but at this point, this whole subject of used game resale is still a giant ambiguous mess.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:30:35 PM by Jimmy the Fish » Logged
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 06, 2013, 11:46:33 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 06, 2013, 11:11:28 PM

So long Gamefly sub.  Also, how do you sell your game on eBay?  No longer supported?

It's more like, so long Gamefly.  If Sony follows suit, Gamefly will be pretty much out of business in a year.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 07, 2013, 12:12:30 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 06, 2013, 11:14:25 PM

There's no way that MS has this kind of deal with pubs and Sony doesn't have to follow suit, is there?

I'm wondering the same thing.  It's also hard to imagine that Sony's not drooling over the prospect of controlling the used game market just as much as Microsoft.

But yeah, if Sony somehow manages to keep a traditional used game model?  Not only does the PS4 become my launch console of choice; I also drop all desire to eventually own both.  The messaging Teggy quoted just pisses me off. 

It's hard to know for sure, but I feel like I'd be less grumpy if they had just said "no used games, period" and left it at that.  Initial rage hits, subsides, then get used to it as just a dull ache.  With "ok there's some used games, but you have to follow this rigid process, and it doesn't work all the time, and here are a bunch of rules if you want to give the game to your friend," the response is a solid "go F yourself."
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 07, 2013, 12:23:17 AM »

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main

I consider myself an Xbox fanboy. My original Xbox got the most use(and I owned all 3 consoles) and I bought a 360 the night it came out. I replaced that one with a slim and haven't felt the need to buy a PS3.

That said, I'm out on the Xbox One. Curious about PS4, but it may be PC gaming for me.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 07, 2013, 12:28:28 AM »

Access your entire games library from any Xbox One—no discs required: After signing in and installing, you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud.  So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games.

sweet, no more swapping discs!

from the Kinect page:

A fitness game could measure heart rate data to provide you with improved feedback on your workout, allow you to track your progress, or even measure calories burned.

still curious about the heart rate thing.  I didn't realize cameras could pick that up all that well.  I've heard of an iPhone app that supposedly does it, but you have to be very close to the camera.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #967 on: June 07, 2013, 12:36:22 AM »

unless I can disconnect the kinect entirely and toss it in a closet, Im not gonna buy the Xbone. I mean who the hell knows whats in the eula we scroll and agree to every game, update etc, who the hell reads them, and what choice do you have? agree, or enjoy your 400 dollar doorstop.

I've been a microsoft fan and user since MS-Dos, and still am, but this whole kinect xbone data crap , they have just crossed a line IMHO.

Project Reindeer Games- Exclusive Family Friendly PC Games to Give, Play, and Share for Free.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #968 on: June 07, 2013, 01:53:24 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 07, 2013, 12:28:28 AM

Access your entire games library from any Xbox One—no discs required: After signing in and installing, you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud.  So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games.

sweet, no more swapping discs!

from the Kinect page:

A fitness game could measure heart rate data to provide you with improved feedback on your workout, allow you to track your progress, or even measure calories burned.

still curious about the heart rate thing.  I didn't realize cameras could pick that up all that well.  I've heard of an iPhone app that supposedly does it, but you have to be very close to the camera.

This will go great with the blu ray disc size and ISP data caps.

Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 07, 2013, 02:03:29 AM »

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online-and-privacy-policies/

While the broadband connection doesn't have to be "persistent" to use the Xbox One, Microsoft says the console is "designed to verify if system, application, or game updates are needed and to see if you have acquired new games, or resold, traded in, or given your game to a friend." Your primary console can be offline for up to 24 hours without this online check-in, while a secondary console (i.e. one accessing your library/account at a friend's house) can only be offline for an hour at a time.

So the earlier article was right, Xbox One require online connection DRM for all games not just those that use cloud or need routine online update to function.

I wonder why Microsoft implement this very strict DRM. They can change it to once 7 days or once a month online check-in and it is still good enough to protect games from piracy or trading.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 07, 2013, 02:43:35 AM »

If sony does this crap too I am going to be bummed.  Otherwise I do not really care.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 07, 2013, 03:55:51 AM »

If Sony doesn't follow suit and allows used games.... they can CRUSH Microsoft come November.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:57:58 AM by msduncan » Logged
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #972 on: June 07, 2013, 04:35:04 AM »

As much as I'd love to see Sony do the complete opposite of Microsoft with this, I'm starting to doubt they will. I suspect all of this is a result of pressure from publishers. Remember when Microsoft made the 360 and wanted all multiplayer games to run through Microsoft's servers? EA said that all their games should run through their own servers, and that if Microsoft didn't allow it the 360 wouldn't have any EA games, period. As a result, EA was given an exception from the rule, with the result that EA's been closing MP servers all the way through this generation.

In short, publishers have a lot of might in the current climate. Even if Sony really wants to cultivate a console platform where everyone can publish, the real publishers will still be holding all their cards. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that EA, Activision and Ubisoft, if nobody else, have presented an ultimatum to the console manufacturers: Let us prevent resales, or you won't see any of our games on your console.

So I honestly don't think Sony is going to get out of this in any better shape, technically. They're doing a better job with PR though.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 07, 2013, 04:38:33 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 06, 2013, 11:11:28 PM

Quote from: Teggy on June 06, 2013, 10:45:19 PM

Here's the important part:

•Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers.  Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.

•Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers.  Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends. Loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners.

As we move into this new generation of games and entertainment, from time to time, Microsoft may change its policies, terms, products and services to reflect modifications and improvements to our services, feedback from customers and our business partners or changes in our business priorities and business models or for other reasons.  We may also cease to offer certain services or products for similar reasons.

So basically what they are saying is that resale or gifting is entirely up to the individual publisher, and there will be no renting at launch. I'm not entirely clear if trading with people not on your friends list could even work in this model. Without a consistent plan among publishers, it sounds like it's going to be a complete mess.

So long Gamefly sub.  Also, how do you sell your game on eBay?  No longer supported?
Sell your game, add the seller to your friends list and wait 30 days and then transfer the game. smile
That'll make sales forums a lot more meaningful now. No more "No one wants this? Ok, off to Ebay".
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #974 on: June 07, 2013, 04:40:42 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 07, 2013, 04:38:33 AM

Sell your game, add the seller to your friends list and wait 30 days and then transfer the game. smile
That'll make sales forums a lot more meaningful now. No more "No one wants this? Ok, off to Ebay".

Only works the first time. Games can only be transferred once on the Xbox One.

Ooh, so THAT'S what the "One" in the title stands for. Now it all makes sense!
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: June 07, 2013, 04:49:46 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 07, 2013, 04:35:04 AM

As much as I'd love to see Sony do the complete opposite of Microsoft with this, I'm starting to doubt they will. I suspect all of this is a result of pressure from publishers. Remember when Microsoft made the 360 and wanted all multiplayer games to run through Microsoft's servers? EA said that all their games should run through their own servers, and that if Microsoft didn't allow it the 360 wouldn't have any EA games, period. As a result, EA was given an exception from the rule, with the result that EA's been closing MP servers all the way through this generation.

In short, publishers have a lot of might in the current climate. Even if Sony really wants to cultivate a console platform where everyone can publish, the real publishers will still be holding all their cards. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that EA, Activision and Ubisoft, if nobody else, have presented an ultimatum to the console manufacturers: Let us prevent resales, or you won't see any of our games on your console.

So I honestly don't think Sony is going to get out of this in any better shape, technically. They're doing a better job with PR though.
To be honest, I partly wish that both consoles actually did go through with this just to see the response from the general public. Would the new gen be a colossal failure and both companies would have to go back to the drawing board? Would gamers have the spine to actually take a stand and say no I'm not going to buy your games? Or would it be another one of those DRM boycott fiascos where everyone complains loudly and then the night of the big release they're all playing their DRMed games? As someone who isn't particularly excited about the new gen anyways, I would really love to them (the console makers and publishers) try it and get their comeuppance.
If Sony was smart maybe they would say we're leaving absolutely everything up to the publishers for them to decide on an individual basis but as it stands right now you should technically be able to play any used game on our console.  Shift the blame onto the publishers and developers and if most gamers are actually able to stand firm then I think the devs would cave pretty quickly.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #976 on: June 07, 2013, 04:59:53 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 07, 2013, 04:49:46 AM

If Sony was smart maybe they would say we're leaving absolutely everything up to the publishers for them to decide on an individual basis but as it stands right now you should technically be able to play any used game on our console.  Shift the blame onto the publishers and developers and if most gamers are actually able to stand firm then I think the devs would cave pretty quickly.

Yes, this is what I'm expecting them to do, though they'd be subtle about it. They don't want to anger the publishers.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 07, 2013, 05:39:05 AM »

Lol and people bitched about the online pass!!! This, at least on paper, sounds so fucking rediculous it's absurd. Unless we are missing something, fuck them. I've been doing alot of 360 gaming since my ps3 died but at this point I can't see why is buy a Xbox one over a ps4. Is Microsoft this stupid? And if Sony follows I'm hands down getting a pc for get gaming again. This is the plan to sink a working business model? Holy shit fuck this seems stupid.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 07, 2013, 05:52:35 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 07, 2013, 12:28:28 AM

from the Kinect page:

They can tell your pulse from your appearance in a Youtube video.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 07, 2013, 06:20:24 AM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on June 06, 2013, 10:33:44 PM

Here's the page outlining their DRM etc.
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/connected

Also, its finally totally confimed

While a persistent connection is not required, Xbox One is designed to verify if system, application or game updates are needed and to see if you have acquired new games, or resold, traded in, or given your game to a friend. Games that are designed to take advantage of the cloud may require a connection.

With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies. 

So, offline gaming is not possible if the 24 hour window is passed. Sigh.

While its rare, it DOES happen to me that I'm without internet for days - several times a year. Also, on vacations I take the Xbox with us for the kids, thats gone as well. (Spain, Italy and the like don't usually have wifi in their vacationing homes).

As for the whole kinect thing and privacy - The fact that NSA is data mining from 9 different companies, including microsoft does not inspire confidence in me that it won't happen if I accidentially say the word "terrorist"

he National Security Agency and the FBI are tapping directly into the central servers of nine leading U.S. Internet companies, extracting audio and video chats, photographs, e-mails, documents, and connection logs that enable analysts to track one target or trace a whole network of associates, according to a top-secret document obtained by The Washington Post.

Equally unusual is the way the NSA extracts what it wants, according to the document: “Collection directly from the servers of these U.S. Service Providers: Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, PalTalk, AOL, Skype, YouTube, Apple.”
  (http://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/us-intelligence-mining-data-from-nine-us-internet-companies-in-broad-secret-program/2013/06/06/3a0c0da8-cebf-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html)

E3 will be VERY, very interesting this time around, and I'll be sure to watch both MS's and Sony's presentations.

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 07, 2013, 07:25:48 AM »

I don't like how its up to the publishers on whether you can trade in the game

what if they know they have made a complete dog of a title...a lot of people were waiting for Duke Nuke em..turns out it was bobbins

Remember Haze,it sold a shitload on day one only to become the most taken back title

so in other words there will be a lot of games i will wait awhile for,mainly wait for reviews and word of mouth

and then there is this
"You can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once," explains Microsoft.

also how do we know whether the publisher has enabled game trading for that particular game?...I don't want to trek all the way to my nearest GAME only to find out i can't trade in that title

and i think there is only my sister on my friends list i actually know icon_confused ...most of my XBL friends list is made up of Americans

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 07, 2013, 08:00:40 AM »

couple of pictures of the controller again

The micro USB socket,and the battery compartment

if you can just use the USB cable all the time,i doubt i will use the battery compartment

Although they say its smaller,it doesn't really look that much smaller,which is fine by me because i think the 360 pad is just the right size

still not sure what kind of jack that belongs to for the headset,the handles looks a little too sharp edged,unlike the 360 controller that was smooth,and not square edges

I can't really tell but is the Xbox Logo on the new controllers,is that the new Guide Button?,as it just looks like a logo this time around instead of an actual guide button

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 07, 2013, 08:38:09 AM »

I wonder if this type of news makes the possibility of a Steam Box more viable.   I have yet to process this DRM stuff, I can't remember the last time I sold or rented a game so it won't affect me that much but I don't like the restrictions at all either.  This could make those day one reviews very important since you won't be able to return or quickly sell a dud game.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 07, 2013, 08:39:13 AM »

Interesting Eurogamer article
Microsoft kills game ownership and expects us to smile

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 07, 2013, 11:20:38 AM »

wish they had stuck with the solid color buttons instead of just colored letters.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 07, 2013, 11:33:55 AM »

I borrowed games from a friend which accounted for about 90% of my gaming on the 360. MS says loaning games is not supported at launch, but they are thinking about it.... I do not expect Sony to be significantly different with their DRM system. As I noted before, this will move me to pc gaming almost exclusively where prices drop much more quickly and farther. I will be a very late (if ever) adopter of the Xbone or ps4 (if ever) and I definitely won't own both like I did this gen.

If Nintendo would release some games I care about, then I would be all over their crummy system where at least I own the products I pay for...

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #986 on: June 07, 2013, 12:06:25 PM »

Quote from: JCC on June 07, 2013, 11:33:55 AM

I borrowed games from a friend which accounted for about 90% of my gaming on the 360. MS says loaning games is not supported at launch, but they are thinking about it.... I do not expect Sony to be significantly different with their DRM system. As I noted before, this will move me to pc gaming almost exclusively where prices drop much more quickly and farther. I will be a very late (if ever) adopter of the Xbone or ps4 (if ever) and I definitely won't own both like I did this gen.

If Nintendo would release some games I care about, then I would be all over their crummy system where at least I own the products I pay for...

It does make you wonder if some of the lack of support for the Wii U is because it doesn't have this type of set up.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 07, 2013, 12:19:46 PM »

Here the thing I haven't seen mention if MS is doing this and Sony doesn't I have to imagine all the big publishers will just give MS exclusive games or content because of the  DRM protection.   I would be surprised if Sony doesn't have a similar system in place

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 07, 2013, 12:39:13 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 07, 2013, 04:40:42 AM

Ooh, so THAT'S what the "One" in the title stands for. Now it all makes sense!

slywink
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #989 on: June 07, 2013, 01:04:01 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on June 07, 2013, 12:19:46 PM

Here the thing I haven't seen mention if MS is doing this and Sony doesn't I have to imagine all the big publishers will just give MS exclusive games or content because of the  DRM protection.   I would be surprised if Sony doesn't have a similar system in place

Well obviously Nintendo with the Wii U doesnt have this option so anything released will differ from MS, surely Sony can go that route as well, unless that's why the Wii U is not getting much publisher support along with poor sales, no online drm could be holding them back as well.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: June 07, 2013, 01:26:22 PM »

Ok. This is pretty dumb, but why not?  icon_smile

Those five hours of halo.  icon_lol
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:28:25 PM by ATB » Logged
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 07, 2013, 01:45:56 PM »

Here is what these idiots (be it M$ or the publishers) fail to understand:

1.  Yes.   I purchase games and then ebay them after a month or two of playing
2.  The money I make from the ebay sales drives me to purchase additional new games.    
3.  The result of the sales from my used games takes me from buying MAYBE 1 game per couple of months to buying sometimes upwards to 5 or 6 games every couple months.

If I lose the ability to sell MY ****ING PROPERTY on ebay to offset their ridiculous prices (it doesn't cost me $65 to go to a movie and yet it usually takes more money to make them) then I'm going to buy drastically fewer games per year.    WAY less I'm talking about.

This might be the resurrection of the PC.    If I can't sell used console games, have to pay $65 for them plus $600 for their console --- then F them.   I'll just upgrade my computer for a couple hundred bucks and buy indie games for the next 5 years.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 07, 2013, 01:49:38 PM »

And the sad thing is that if this makes the new generation console sales plummet like I expect it will (if Sony follows suit), the geniuses in the industry will chalk it up to tablets and the desire for watered down garbage games by the masses instead of backlash from this absolute THEFT from the gaming industry.

When I go to Walmart and buy an item of merchandise -- I *OWN* it.   I can sell it, take a big dump on it, burn it, or otherwise do whatever the hell it is I want to do with it.    Game publishers or M$ has decided that when I go to the store and spend my hard earned money on a game -- I DON'T own it.    I'm just paying them a massive amount of money to borrow it for a while.

SCREW THEM and SCREW THAT.

Yes.   I'm OUTRAGED.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 07, 2013, 02:31:26 PM »

The idea that you are licensing the game and not buying it has been the case for a long, long time, but it is only recently become an issue.  But it is a big issue.

Quote from: msduncan on June 07, 2013, 01:45:56 PM

Here is what these idiots (be it M$ or the publishers) fail to understand:

1.  Yes.   I purchase games and then ebay them after a month or two of playing
2.  The money I make from the ebay sales drives me to purchase additional new games.   
3.  The result of the sales from my used games takes me from buying MAYBE 1 game per couple of months to buying sometimes upwards to 5 or 6 games every couple months.

#2 is the big point that the industry is missing.  It's a massive part of the gaming cycle for many people.

Of course, I'm sure they've done the math.  If you're only buying new games, that's great, but someone is buying the used copies, and it may be multiple people buying the same game.  In the end, they're losing all of that money.

But when you just look at the math, you're not seeing the people.  The customers.  And by missing that crucial piece of the puzzle, they are going to lose money in the long run.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 07, 2013, 02:42:10 PM »

The fun part will be the outrage when someone does hack Microsoft if for nothing more than to force them to shut their servers down for more than 24 hours. Shit will hit the fan when that happens, and it will happen.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #995 on: June 07, 2013, 03:02:32 PM »

There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

That's the clincher for me.  If I can't sell them through Amazon Marketplace or eBay, I won't buy games at $60 a pop - full stop.  And I'm not going to take them to GameStop and grovel for the pittance they provide for trade ins.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 07, 2013, 03:03:05 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on June 07, 2013, 02:42:10 PM

The fun part will be the outrage when someone does hack Microsoft if for nothing more than to force them to shut their servers down for more than 24 hours. Shit will hit the fan when that happens, and it will happen.

I hadn't thought of that, but it will happen.   Not if, but when.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 07, 2013, 03:07:53 PM »

You can't resell PC games (usually) especially those on steam. Why is this a must have for consoles?

Just asking.  I used to keep all my games. Now I sell 90% of them. That said, I don't buy that many so it's not that big of a deal for me.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 07, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »

Yeah, I'm out. This is just insanity and if Sony follows suit then I am done with Console gaming.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 07, 2013, 03:15:07 PM »

Something else we need to consider when the console generation went from xbox/ps2 to 360/ps3 we saw a 10 buck increase in prices for games, so with this jump will we see another increase?

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: