http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 03:31:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 56707 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: May 28, 2013, 05:08:19 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 28, 2013, 04:43:41 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on May 28, 2013, 04:41:12 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 28, 2013, 04:08:51 PM

best news up to now coming from MS concerning the Xbox One

Kinect can be turned off

The state of confusion around the new Xbox One console is such that we're delighted to bring you the news that Microsoft's next console has a power button. What's more: its watchful new Kinect sensor that must be plugged in for the console to run can be turned off.

It's more like "it can be turned off, but unless you go out of your way to walk over to the physical switch every time you want it on or off, it will indeed be listening and watching you 24/7 as we intended it to be used."

saywhat

just how much of a journey is it for you?....is everything a forest of red stand by lights in your home?,LOL

With my 360, I almost always turn on the console using the controller.  That means that when I power it off, I put it in standby.  If I buy an XBONE and do the same, it sounds like it will be watching and listening to me 24/7. 

And with most users, if they utilize the "XBONE TURN OFF" voice command, it will put it into standby mode.  Likewise if they turn off the system in any other natural way using the UI. 

So while you can turn off the Kinect, you also can turn off the circuit breaker to your living room every time you're done using the XBONE.  They're just saying that yes, the XBONE has a hard-on/off power switch.  Most people will not use it.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #841 on: May 28, 2013, 05:26:03 PM »

Kinect can be turned off

The state of confusion around the new Xbox One console is such that we're delighted to bring you the news that Microsoft's next console has a power button. What's more: its watchful new Kinect sensor that must be plugged in for the console to run can be turned off.

Are people really considering this news? Of course you can turn off the console, one way or another. Kinect can't work without power, after all. I'd speculate that the power button they're talking about is the one at the back of the console though, just like many other electronic devices of this kind. Using this would eliminate many of the console's advantages though, such as automatic background updates, downloading at night, controller charging, and so on. That's of course unless the Kinect has a separate power button, but the article doesn't seem to indicate this.

If nothing else, people could always have just pulled out the power cord. If people are calmed by this bit of news, they didn't really understand the issue to begin with. IMO, at least.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 28, 2013, 05:34:49 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 28, 2013, 04:43:41 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on May 28, 2013, 04:41:12 PM

Kinect can be turned off

It's more like "it can be turned off, but unless you go out of your way to walk over to the physical switch every time you want it on or off, it will indeed be listening and watching you 24/7 as we intended it to be used."

saywhat

just how much of a journey is it for you?....is everything a forest of red stand by lights in your home?,LOL

well a lot could happen while crossing the 6 feet between the couch and the entertainment center.  splinters, random animal mauling, orcs could attack or the couch could fall into a dimensional void which results on you missing a legendary adventure through time and/or space.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 28, 2013, 07:04:38 PM »

I may be getting the wrong end of the stick here then

its not the power button i am bothered about,its the fact that is says you need Kinect to turn the machine on,but kinect can be turned off

I was thinking this is while the Xbox One is on that the Kinect can be turned off,so you don't have to use it when playing on the Xbox One

Have i read this wrong then?...as i never doubted for a second that the thing could be turned off when the actual console was off,or as you say,just unplug the whole thing if that bothered

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #844 on: May 28, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »

Microsoft has been clear on the fact that Kinect is mandatory for the console to run, so there's only one reading that makes sense: Kinect can only be turned off by turning off the entire console. The article is worded poorly, but never mentions any capability of turning off the Kinect separately from the console.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #845 on: May 29, 2013, 03:27:26 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 28, 2013, 05:26:03 PM

Kinect can be turned off

Are people really considering this news? Of course you can turn off the console, one way or another. Kinect can't work without power, after all. I'd speculate that the power button they're talking about is the one at the back of the console though, just like many other electronic devices of this kind. Using this would eliminate many of the console's advantages though, such as automatic background updates, downloading at night, controller charging, and so on. That's of course unless the Kinect has a separate power button, but the article doesn't seem to indicate this.

If nothing else, people could always have just pulled out the power cord. If people are calmed by this bit of news, they didn't really understand the issue to begin with. IMO, at least.

You realize that the current Xbox also has a "mute Kinect" option already, right? If they're changing the GUI, the hardware, etc, chances are the options available as well to customize the experience, right? Right? retard

If they're targeting a wider market, expect that they're going to try and bring all things forward in a far simpler method than a combination of blades behind a bastardized metro experience - with any luck it will end up closer to WP8 / W8.

So if pug doesn't want the XO to power on by voice command, there's likely a check box to disable that function - and the controller will work just fine to power it on/off. They aren't going to be turning that function off simply because the Kinect option is available.

Or we could toss Occams prized possession and assume that MS is totally incompetent and unable to do anything right. Oh, and the fact that it now isn't *always on*, that was because of the Internet screaming, and not because they hadn't thought of a power button ahead of time. Roll Eyes

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #846 on: May 29, 2013, 03:28:10 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 28, 2013, 07:18:00 PM

Microsoft has been clear on the fact that Kinect is mandatory for the console to run, so there's only one reading that makes sense: Kinect can only be turned off by turning off the entire console. The article is worded poorly, but never mentions any capability of turning off the Kinect separately from the console.

You don't think privacy related Kinect functions can't be disabled from within the console settings?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:30:37 AM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 29, 2013, 06:36:07 AM »

Quote from: Purge on May 29, 2013, 03:28:10 AM

You don't think privacy related Kinect functions can't be disabled from within the console settings?

That's... what we're talking about. One would hope that the system would have options as you describe, but there's a real chance it won't, and MS hasn't said anything clear on the matter.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #848 on: May 29, 2013, 09:34:55 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 29, 2013, 06:36:07 AM

Quote from: Purge on May 29, 2013, 03:28:10 AM

That's... what we're talking about. One would hope that the system would have options as you describe, but there's a real chance it won't, and MS hasn't said anything clear on the matter.

Microsoft haven't been clear on anything, its all clear as mud at the moment. This more than anything is what is pissing people off.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #849 on: May 29, 2013, 02:00:23 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 24, 2013, 07:37:46 PM

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/24/source-next-xbox-reveal-set-for-may-21.aspx
[Update #2] Major Nelson has posted a countdown to the event on his blog. He also states that the event will be about the "vision for Xbox," while E3 (a scant 19 days later) will be the showcase for the "full lineup of blockbuster games."

so,I am wondering if they are just going to say yup,"new Xbox" and nothing else,if the games come later..probably even the specs and actual look of the new xbox as well

EDIT; Oh nevermind,that's what TiLT is getting at i suppose

So ... I guess they DID tell us that they weren`t going to be revealing everything, and set expectations WELL BEFORE the press conference.

Shame on them for not dropping their drawers and giving us the full monty.

The thing I find absolutely hilarious is that people think that the clamoring and banging of internet pots was why the Xbox One has an offline mode (not to single out TilT specifically, but his post is right around when this happened).

It`s an interesting case - MS is more than aware of intermittent networking issues that can affect anyone - they`ve got a significant market share of NOS`s out there - so why they`d push out an always-on, always-requiring-internet connection is ludicrous. With almost *any* other company, we`d dismiss that, but this is MS. They must be greedy. They must be wrong. They aren`t gamers, and they don`t ever listen to gamers LONG BEFORE their product launch.

Clearly the always-on concept is in the design though that doesn`t equal it makes it a full requirement, and, as I stated months ago, the interpretation of what anonymous developers leaked to the press is misinterpreted.

You don`t change a product line drastically 6 months from launch, and changing how your platform functions at a basic level is a right-hand turn that would be damn near impossible for a company of that size. Adding RAM is a big deal (PS4 for instance) due to projected costs, manufacturing changes, gerber file issues, heat, space considerations, testing, and product availability.  They may have ALSO not been precipitated by the market demands, but they may well have `left enough cloth`to modify stats to one-up their market competition and was part of their strategic plans.

Neither company is running a lemonade stand, where their business plans are

1) cut lemons
2) put lemons into water
3) add sugar
4) stir

While there is a possibility that the proposed idea (MS changing online only to on-and-offline mode) exists, by _no_means_ is it the most plausible, and realizing that they have

a) communicated that this press conference was for the vision of their product
b) communicated that they will be revealing the gaming news at E3
c) delivered the vision for their next product (who`s quality and clarity and delivery of target market was suspect at best)
d) interviewed poorly - regardless if this was seeding these topics far enough from E3 to not take away from their next presentation, was handled less than optimally.

I don`t expect MS to anything at this point, besides control small bits of information to offer bits of clarity as we get closer. It means we`re all talking about the Xbox, and not the PS4. They got your attention - now they`re going to use this bad press to keep turning it (even though the idea that the Internet whining is defining a product launch).

My 2c.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:06:44 PM by Purge » Logged

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 29, 2013, 02:29:35 PM »

Quote from: Purge on May 29, 2013, 02:00:23 PM

I don`t expect MS to anything at this point, besides control small bits of information to offer bits of clarity as we get closer. It means we`re all talking about the Xbox, and not the PS4. They got your attention - now they`re going to use this bad press to keep turning it (even though the idea that the Internet whining is defining a product launch).

My 2c.

You're obviously an Xbox apologist (a yin to Tilt's yang perhaps?) but are you really suggesting that this is all Microsoft's grand strategy? That Microsoft has somehow duped us all into talking about how shitty the new Xbox is going to be rather than talking about how shitty the PS4 might be? Heck you could be right-Microsoft may be trying to lower our expectations so much that even a slight improvement over the current situation might seem like a wonderful turn of events!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #851 on: May 29, 2013, 05:35:47 PM »

Gaaaaaaaameeeeessssss.

That's all it would have took. But, without games to talk about, how can we not talk about this? It's not like we can talk about the TV stuff, I mean we have a different forum for that.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 29, 2013, 07:06:47 PM »

here is a 3D model of the system that you can spin around and while saying 'TV', 'sports' and 'Call of Duty' over and over.  personally I'm kinda worried the new Kinect is going to be too bulky to put where I keep the old one.

Because I can,
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 29, 2013, 08:42:06 PM »

I'm still surprised by the amount of angst all over the Internet in regards to the Xbox One no longer being a true gaming console.

I'll agree that their messaging was poor in terms of used games and certain Kinect functionality, but the reveal was never supposed to be about games. That will take place at E3, an actual gaming conference. And besides, does anyone think that almost every third party game will NOT be on both consoles? And MS has already spoken about the significant number of IPs they intend to roll out within the early stages of the console.

If even ONE of those new titles becomes "lightning in a bottle" similar to a Halo franchise, everything else will become meaningless very quickly for a significant number of gamers. These various forums that talk about the X1 being the next PSP Vita or WiiU are absolutely absurd.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 29, 2013, 08:47:55 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on May 29, 2013, 08:42:06 PM

I'm still surprised by the amount of angst all over the Internet in regards to the Xbox One no longer being a true gaming console.

I'll agree that their messaging was poor in terms of used games and certain Kinect functionality, but the reveal was never supposed to be about games. That will take place at E3, an actual gaming conference. And besides, does anyone think that almost every third party game will NOT be on both consoles? And MS has already spoken about the significant number of IPs they intend to roll out within the early stages of the console.

Yeah, I'm with you.  I'm curious how much the internet groupthink would still be in outrage if MS had just added in a mention of "and we'll talk more about games at E3!" at the end.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: May 29, 2013, 09:45:12 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 29, 2013, 07:06:47 PM

here is a 3D model of the system that you can spin around and while saying 'TV', 'sports' and 'Call of Duty' over and over.  personally I'm kinda worried the new Kinect is going to be too bulky to put where I keep the old one.

that is not working for me,i click on the link and it loads up 100% but i am just left with a picture of a box(sketchfab logo) and the Xbox One logo

EDIT: ahh okay it was google chrome,it works in firefox....can you not tilt it upwards?,i want to see that headphone jack on the controller and see if its the same as current

and god,that kinect is big,it even has its own fan(and it aint me)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:54:07 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 29, 2013, 10:01:19 PM »

it's fully TiLTable for me, but I wouldn't take any jack it shows as a confirmation since it's all CGI.

[edit]  looking at the controller I'm not sure I see a jack.  there's this part but it seems to be an odd spot and seems to look more like a sensor:

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:07:43 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 29, 2013, 10:02:02 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 29, 2013, 10:01:19 PM

it's fully TiLTable for me, but I wouldn't take any jack it shows as a confirmation since it's all CGI.

what search engine are you on?,i could only spin the model left or right

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 29, 2013, 10:08:13 PM »

see my edit smile

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 29, 2013, 10:09:47 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 29, 2013, 10:02:02 PM

what search engine are you on?,i could only spin the model left or right

using Firefox, to spin it I just right click and drag.  there is also a button at the bottom that has a walking man icon that will put you into first person control mode.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 29, 2013, 10:20:01 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 29, 2013, 10:08:13 PM

see my edit smile

that picture is from the top of the controller,i need to see the bottom,i can see something is there

not got that button at the bottom of the page you are talking about either

and yeah i was trying to click and drag just like when i got left and right,not working..anyway

here is what i can see of the controller at the bottom where i can see something,looks similar to the 360 one from here

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #861 on: May 29, 2013, 10:57:18 PM »

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 29, 2013, 11:04:22 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 29, 2013, 10:20:01 PM

that picture is from the top of the controller,i need to see the bottom,i can see something is there

here's the bottom:

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 29, 2013, 11:08:43 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 29, 2013, 11:04:22 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 29, 2013, 10:20:01 PM

here's the bottom:

LOL damn it!!,okay thanks

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #864 on: May 30, 2013, 04:14:05 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on May 29, 2013, 02:29:35 PM

My 2c.

You're obviously an Xbox apologist (a yin to Tilt's yang perhaps?) but are you really suggesting that this is all Microsoft's grand strategy? That Microsoft has somehow duped us all into talking about how shitty the new Xbox is going to be rather than talking about how shitty the PS4 might be? Heck you could be right-Microsoft may be trying to lower our expectations so much that even a slight improvement over the current situation might seem like a wonderful turn of events!

No, I'm not an apologist. I simply stood back and looked at the bigger picture.

There is no way a company like Microsoft, which has dominated markets before is going to be led around the nose by some whining. Sorry, but I don't think that is it.

This "we said no online-only, now they changed it!" when the only thing that was being said was faceless rumors is ridiculous - When the system *IS* on, and if you have it connected to the Internet, it will always be online. The dependency of having an uninterruptable connection was never stated for the console itself - the dev kits maybe, which is where that rumour came to be. This new product does require some form of internet connection - but is that rage-worthy if there are ways around needing it to be functional ALL the time?

Like I said previously, the possibility does exist that a bunch of Internet rage-fests caused product change. I just don't think it was that - the entire basis for the argument is unproven, the product isn't fully revealed, and people running to the PS4 like it's going to do anything different re: licenses and used games and Internet connectivity is naive. Sony's silence is thundering, and it just feels like the second shoe is waiting to fall.

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #865 on: May 30, 2013, 07:44:00 AM »

Quote from: Purge on May 30, 2013, 04:14:05 AM

Quote from: Canuck on May 29, 2013, 02:29:35 PM

My 2c.

No, I'm not an apologist. I simply stood back and looked at the bigger picture.

There is no way a company like Microsoft, which has dominated markets before is going to be led around the nose by some whining. Sorry, but I don't think that is it.

This "we said no online-only, now they changed it!" when the only thing that was being said was faceless rumors is ridiculous - When the system *IS* on, and if you have it connected to the Internet, it will always be online. The dependency of having an uninterruptable connection was never stated for the console itself - the dev kits maybe, which is where that rumour came to be. This new product does require some form of internet connection - but is that rage-worthy if there are ways around needing it to be functional ALL the time?

Like I said previously, the possibility does exist that a bunch of Internet rage-fests caused product change. I just don't think it was that - the entire basis for the argument is unproven, the product isn't fully revealed, and people running to the PS4 like it's going to do anything different re: licenses and used games and Internet connectivity is naive. Sony's silence is thundering, and it just feels like the second shoe is waiting to fall.

To be fair reading all your posts you do come across as a bit MS biased (to put it politely:) ).

Most people admit they havent seem much from Sony but that doesnt change what we have seen from MS. So far people arent keen on what they have seen. They also know that Sony could turn out as bad as what MS have shown us so far. If they do i am sure they will take the same amount of stick that MS are getting.

It seems people think that if Sony match MS and the systems are similar that will make things ok for MS but it wont it will just bring Sony down to the MS level.

To add internet access while widespread is not everywhere and not every family gives access to their kids either all the time or as often as kids would want. Always on on mostly always on or cloud access all the time could be a problem. It should be an opt in thing not a must have.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 30, 2013, 11:49:46 AM »

Quote from: Reemul on May 30, 2013, 07:44:00 AM

To be fair reading all your posts you do come across as a bit MS biased (to put it politely:) ).

To be fair, he's trying to counteract a raging Xbonaphobic who doesn't listen to reason and thinks he has the market cornered on what he calls 'facts' even though they're often the 'facts' of his own opinion.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #867 on: May 30, 2013, 01:33:50 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 30, 2013, 11:49:46 AM

To be fair, he's trying to counteract a raging Xbonaphobic who doesn't listen to reason and thinks he has the market cornered on what he calls 'facts' even though they're often the 'facts' of his own opinion.

Pot meet kettle.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #868 on: May 30, 2013, 03:59:21 PM »

Dude's right though - I'm more sold on the MS platform at this point and I'm sure that's coming through.

Maybe that's because I understand what their vision is for the platform, and that I'm comfortable with the fact that the licensing isn't going to vary much from where it is now (except that it now extends to purchased games).

It could be very good for the industry as the developers and publishers are able to glean more profit from THEIR OWN PROPERTY.

If they could, I'm sure they'd simply not offer in-store purchases and put everything over the wire.The idea of "buying in-store" to put under the tree could be the same as MS points / cell phone minutes / gift cards instead of media, but bandwidth costs on users would be the stumbling block of this generation. It looks like the half-step is simply in place to overcome the need to be able to get the data distributed physically while the internet pipes continue to grow.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #869 on: May 30, 2013, 03:59:59 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 30, 2013, 01:33:50 PM

Pot meet kettle.

You realize that's an admission of guilt, right? slywink

Spoiler for Hiden:
Bracing for CeeKay's inevitable "Thats Wacist!" animated gif.

Spoiler for Oh wait... did you mean...:

meet
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:04:33 PM by Purge » Logged

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #870 on: May 30, 2013, 04:30:38 PM »

Quote from: Purge on May 30, 2013, 03:59:59 PM

Pot meet kettle.

That would be news to me. From what I understand of the expression, it only serves as an accusation of hypocrisy. It's not meant to be some kind of admission for the person using it. The expression should be read as "you're in no position to accuse others of X". Correct me if I'm wrong. I looked it up briefly for the purpose of this post, and what I found seemed to verify what I just said.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #871 on: May 30, 2013, 04:48:47 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 30, 2013, 04:30:38 PM

Pot meet kettle.

That would be news to me. From what I understand of the expression, it only serves as an accusation of hypocrisy. It's not meant to be some kind of admission for the person using it. The expression should be read as "you're in no position to accuse others of X". Correct me if I'm wrong. I looked it up briefly for the purpose of this post, and what I found seemed to verify what I just said.

Yep similar in vein to people shouldn't throw stones in glass houses. Nothing racist in that comment in any way. Still used widely in the UK so it must be fine cause we cant normally say shit about shit over here without the threat of arrest and capital punishment

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 30, 2013, 06:16:44 PM »

Because I can,
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #873 on: May 30, 2013, 06:39:08 PM »

I dont think anyone posted this yet; you can now preorder on Amazon UK!  I wish that were the real price just to see peoples reactions.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #874 on: May 30, 2013, 07:03:55 PM »

If Purge and ATB's posts were on the PS4 thread for that system back in the olden days, people would be breaking out the SDF images and berating them left and right, and branding them to the level of certain infamous posters

Wonder why the double standard here?

Reality is, the situation is bad for MS right now. But they can fix that by actually showing games that people would want enough to overcome fears about their system design decisions. Because MS didn't do that, they have to swallow their price, deal with this horrific mixed message they've been throwing out, and wait until E3.

That's what it basically boils down do.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #875 on: May 30, 2013, 07:30:57 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on May 30, 2013, 07:03:55 PM

If Purge and ATB's posts were on the PS4 thread for that system back in the olden days, people would be breaking out the SDF images and berating them left and right, and branding them to the level of certain infamous posters

Reality is, the situation is bad for MS right now. But they can fix that by actually showing games that people would want enough to overcome fears about their system design decisions. Because MS didn't do that, they have to swallow their price, deal with this horrific mixed message they've been throwing out, and wait until E3.

Maybe the posters on here have matured since those angst ridden console fanboy days or more likely people no longer give a damn  icon_lol

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #876 on: May 30, 2013, 07:41:42 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 30, 2013, 04:30:38 PM

Pot meet kettle.

You were the accused (by ATB) to whom you directly replied - so you're not third party and enjoy any separation - so your comment equates saying "Yeah, well you're no different". Also, there was an emote in my response, clearly identifying it as not taking things too seriously.

The point that I've tried to make isn't that I'm an MS fanboi - I'm not. I think they've done some fantastic things, but so has everyone else (for N it's apparently milking IP's till they're past the point of necromantic revival). It's just this taint that permeates from your responses that get my hackles up. You take an idea and draw wild conclusions from information that simply isn't there - and then light torches and hand out pitchforks.

As I said a while ago, I'm using this thread as a means to keep up with the latest info - wild accusations aren't info and they distract from discussion. They aren't correct and proven, and as someone who feels compelled to correct inaccurate statements it can set me off. I really shouldn't admit that - CeeKay will be playing Purge-Go-Boom for all eternity ... I expect Hepcat will play a round or two as well. slywink

What is said is said, and what is not is assumed. Those assumptions are likely incorrect, or at least so blown out of proportion that they resemble nothing of the truth. "Always on" is ambiguous - the target state may be always-on, but that doesn't mean they don't make UI concessions to keep their customer base from, well, blowing up.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #877 on: May 30, 2013, 07:51:15 PM »

Show me. I'm not trashing PS4 - I'm not in the PS4 thread cutting their product down. Hell, I'm interested in their product, though from what I've seen I'm less likely to buy one, and simply play on one of my friends consoles for any key games (though if I have the money and there are enough exclusives, I could see myself owning both).

Illumiroom hasn't been shown yet, and as an early adopter of the weaker-than Kinect 1.0, I'm really looking forward to what the 2.0 has to offer in terms of immersion in gaming. All I've said is cut MS some slack, since, you know, they DID say wait till E3 for gaming on Xbox One.

Double-standard indeed. Read TiLT's assessment of DRM, and show me how we need to wave goodbye to imports with the information provided, or how I've somehow twisted that to say we *WILL DEFINITELY* be able to import games? Right, you can't, because it isn't there. It's a discussion, and while I seem to be one of the few people who are willing to overlook a presentation aimed not squarely at the gaming community (and also have stated I think it was a bad move) it doesn't mean I'm going to get out the oily rags to torch a product that hasn't even been fully revealed.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #878 on: May 30, 2013, 08:00:34 PM »

Scratch that, Turtle. Don't bother responding. You've clearly got a particular vision of me, and I have no interest in the painstaking effort of digging up links. I'm pretty darned comfortable with who I am and how I've conducted myself.

If you want to report me for trolling or other actions that are against the Code of Conduct, feel free. My staff position is totally unrelated to my forum membership, and your accusation comes off as calling into question the bias of the management and mods of the forums.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 30, 2013, 08:26:51 PM »

Again, saying 'wait and see' on both consoles is MS fanboyism how exactly?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: